Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,276 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road (34128 Views)

Asaba To Maiduguri Via Abuja By Road (live Update). / Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia / Beautiful Drone Shots Of Maitama, Abuja By Nora Awolowo, A Female Drone Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Bayaar02(m): 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
Drive as if say your star don reach 5 for gta!... Thank me later.
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Alhajiemeritus: 2:15pm On Sep 18, 2021
speedfreak:
Good morning all, I recently moved to Lagos for a new job, having been here for a year I am planning on going back to Abuja for Easter, not really a fan of public buses and due to the surge in traveling, Flight rates are astronomical for me and my fiancé, so driving would be my surest, most convenient and cheapest alternative.

I have gone through previous travel threads but they all seem outdated so I’m looking for an update.

I plan on leaving Thursday morning 5am, Im driving 2012 Honda Accord coupe. My questions would be:

1. First time driving such long distance, is it advisable? I’m not such a tough chap but I’m sure I can manage

2. How safe is the trip? With the kidnapping trend going on.

3. How much would it cost me to fuel? Car is a 4 cylinder without a cat (catalytic converter)

4. How rough will it be on the car? Car is less than 5months old, wouldn’t want to rough it up just yet.

5. How accurate is google maps? It estimates 12hrs through Ibadan and 14hrs through illorin.

Aside from the above any other advice or assistance would be welcomed.
You are good to go, pass through Ibadan.
You'll even see other vehicles going your way.
Safe Journey.
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Cmexy: 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2021
Not bad
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Cmexy: 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2021
Not bad
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by InvertedHammer: 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2021
speedfreak:
Good morning all, I recently moved to Lagos for a new job, having been here for a year I am planning on going back to Abuja for Easter, not really a fan of public buses and due to the surge in traveling, Flight rates are astronomical for me and my fiancé, so driving would be my surest, most convenient and cheapest alternative.

I have gone through previous travel threads but they all seem outdated so I’m looking for an update.

I plan on leaving Thursday morning 5am, Im driving 2012 Honda Accord coupe. My questions would be:

1. First time driving such long distance, is it advisable? I’m not such a tough chap but I’m sure I can manage

2. How safe is the trip? With the kidnapping trend going on.

3. How much would it cost me to fuel? Car is a 4 cylinder without a cat (catalytic converter)

4. How rough will it be on the car? Car is less than 5months old, wouldn’t want to rough it up just yet.

5. How accurate is google maps? It estimates 12hrs through Ibadan and 14hrs through illorin.

Aside from the above any other advice or assistance would be welcomed.
/
Make sure you deposit ransom money with you family before you leave.

/

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by DonroxyII: 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2021
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Salis2020: 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
That was the exact route I took last week Thursday, it's smooth not too bad. It's around 70% ok.
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by rago(m): 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2021
Educate me, this thread was created before Easter in March. Why is it on FP now? I don't understand
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by EndBuhariNow(m): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2021
I will be waiting to hear how fulani terrorist hijack and use ur fiance kpomo do pepper soup.. keep taking Risk
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by EndBuhariNow(m): 2:43pm On Sep 18, 2021
speedfreak:

Thank you sir, the trip was last minute, the topic just came up last night and all the flight deals I’ve seen are a little expensive. Can’t fly air peace so it’s just arik. That roughly 80k plus minus hotel and other expenses, fueling would cost a little over 30k both ways. I’m worried about safety tho, with madam in the car I’m not sure I’d want to take the risk undecided
please stop calling your girlfriend your Madam you never marry her yet.. corrupt children undecided

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by saintftm(m): 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2021
I drove to and fro last year for the first Time with a 2006 corolla.
I used full tank plus extra 2k fuel to with AC on. That's like 10k fuel to and 10k from. It now depends on you cars fuel consumption.
Kidnapping is in God's hands pray and take normal safety precautions
The road wasn't too bad if you know the right route...ibadan-Ekiti-Omuo-Kabba-Lokoja-Abuja. Do not go through Akure-Owo-Ibillo the Road is bad.
Google map will help too. You might have to split the journey on the map... Lagos to AdoEkiti, then AdoEkiti to Abuja
The journey time is more that 12 hours... say 15 hours. Since you are driving, leave lagos as early as 5am. You should be in Abuja by 7pm to 8pm

Journey Mercies bro!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Chipmunkz: 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2021
Ok. This may help you.

I drove from Lagos to Biu LGA of Borno State and I spent 3 days.

I Avoided Ore,Benin,Auchi,Okeke route. I will advise u to follow this route Ibadan-Osun-Ekiti-Ondo-Lokoja-Abuja. Sweet roads and safe route

If you check on google map,it may try to take u through Ilorin - minna. Do not follow minna,that’s a very long. If you need any help,ask questions or where chat this number 09029211530 BabaT

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Lavisha(f): 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
yeah its true, they killed 2 soldiers and 4 police officers and kidnapped 2 prison officials.
What a sad news.

Meanwhile, the Prisons said they've recoverd most of the inmates.

However, Kabba axis is better than Okene axis.

May we drive to never jam any catastrophe.

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Lavisha(f): 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2021
saintftm:
I drove to and fro last year for the first Time with a 2006 corolla.
I used full tank plus extra 2k fuel to with AC on. That's like 10k fuel to and 10k from. It now depends on you cars fuel consumption.
Kidnapping is in God's hands pray and take normal safety precautions
The road wasn't too bad if you know the right route...ibadan-Ekiti-Omuo-Kabba-Lokoja-Abuja. Do not go through Akure-Owo-Ibillo the Road is bad.
Google map will help too. You might have to split the journey on the map... Lagos to AdoEkiti, then AdoEkiti to Abuja
The journey time is more that 12 hours... say 15 hours. Since you are driving, leave lagos as early as 5am. You should be in Abuja by 7pm to 8pm

Journey Mercies bro!

I thought they said with N200 fuel, a Corolla will take you from Lag to Abuja?!
hehehehehe

Anyways, with 7k fuel my Honda Accord DC will do the journey but...

.. without AC on.
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Britain4(m): 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2021
Aanumi16:
Let me suggest a safer route for you, though it's long, you can ply the road anytime of the day.
Lagos - Enugu - Otukpo - Loko - Lafia - Abuja

From Otukpo to Abuja is just 3 hrs
Enugu to Otukpo is 2 to 3 hrs

You mean Enugu to Abuja 6hr
You must be kidding
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by codesport(m): 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2021
Aanumi16:
Let me suggest a safer route for you, though it's long, you can ply the road anytime of the day.
Lagos - Enugu - Otukpo - Loko - Lafia - Abuja

From Otukpo to Abuja is just 3 hrs
Enugu to Otukpo is 2 to 3 hrs
Are you kidding me? What's then the distance from Lafia to Abuja?
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by oladipuposadeeq(m): 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
Lavisha:

What a sad news.

Meanwhile, the Prisons said they've recoverd most of the inmates.

However, Kabba axis is better than Okene axis.

May we drive to never jam any catastrophe.
amen oooooo boss
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by disloman(m): 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2021
I started loosing interest in the topic from page 4.Journeys that people still making as this minute.Na wa o
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by iconnecta(m): 3:59pm On Sep 18, 2021
the timing and hour calculation is perfect and correct.
i have drive through both route.
you actually have to drive like a robotic machine on those route.
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by laiza(m): 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2021
There is no way he won't even spend more than 50k to and fro for the journey. From fueling to maintenance and road expenses. Better to fly with your 60k max and have peace of mind.
CaptainAyub:
Flights are as cheap as 23,300naira currently if you book ahead,maybe 2 weeks earlier.
Why risk a road trip with all the wahala from Buhari's fulani brothers, bad roads,stress of driving etc?
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by enonche85(m): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2021
Go through the Benin-Ore route, that should be better.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2021
pocohantas:

Lol. You just reminded me of a colleague that said he can’t date a lady that can’t drive. grin

Hian! People and their standards.

He perhaps never met anyone he loved enough who didn't know how to drive.

That's a matter that can be quickly fixed, anyway. Teach her or send her to a driving school.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by pocohantas(f): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Hian! People and their standards.

He perhaps never met anyone he loved enough who didn't know how to drive.

That's a matter that can be quickly fixed, anyway Teach her or send her to a driving school.

That is not too much a standard. He also wants her to working, earning 6 digits, at least 27 and maximum of 32yrs. I tell am to kuku kill us.

She should teach herself. Abi na she teach the guy? grin grin
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by femi4: 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
speedfreak:

Thank you for your response, car is in pretty good
shape,will be fitting new Tyres before I leave, a full tank and half would still be overly affordable compared to the price of flights
But you don't have experience traveling long distance.

Before now, you should have been practicing Lagos-Ibadan to n fro to prepare you for this longer trip. Highway experience is key in long distance travelling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by xactcore(m): 4:57pm On Sep 18, 2021
Abuja to lagos route is now very bad...all the possible routes are bad.... the safest is to pass through akure, though it a longer route but is better.... any other route you follow even you leave lag by 5am be expecting to get to abuja by 10pm.... you will definitely want to fill your car up and rest for interval of 5hrs... since driving is not really your occupation.

I have travelled up to 8 times this month already, but honestly if you have cash take a flight.

Safe trip....

My one advice take whatever you will need, a pack of bottle water.. Anything you buy from ife to okene you are on your own oooo.... ( those water fit purge person)

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by eRex(m): 4:59pm On Sep 18, 2021
Maybe just follow in convoy one of those interstate bus headed to Abuja.... You can pre-inform the driver so he can look out for you...

Your can never tell were he will know a better alternative when one truck/tanker decide to block the whole road

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2021
pocohantas:

That is not too much a standard. He also wants her to working, earning 6 digits, at least 27 and maximum of 32yrs. I tell am to kuku kill us.

She should teach herself. Abi na she teach the guy? grin grin

LOL. That's fine, really. Everyone can come up with their own standards. I once heard a guy say his babe must have full black hair, bra-length!

But about 6-digits. 100k is 6 digits. 999, 000 is digits . grin
How much is his own income?
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Sunnydays: 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2021
The Ado Ekiti to Akure road is currently unmotorable.
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Otunbakolawole0: 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
Expect your Honda DC is a 1.4 liter engine, it can't go to Abuja on a 7K fuel.

quote author=Lavisha post=105939712]

I thought they said with N200 fuel, a Corolla will take you from Lag to Abuja?!
hehehehehe

Anyways, with 7k fuel my Honda Accord DC will do the journey but...

.. without AC on. [/quote]
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by obidaddy: 11:05pm On Sep 18, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
boss this is the worst one i have had. I was robbed along patani road in 2017 when I was on my way to PH around 2am, I was on my way to deliver a 2011 corolla sports because the duty was compromised so i didn't want to leave during the day because of customs palava. The robbers were robbing 2 luxurious buses when I got to the point and felt maybe its another checkpoint then the road wasn't good. B4 I discovered what was happening it was too late so I just removed that plastic under the ignition and disconnected some wires, chia it was a big mistake but at least helped me. I was beaten blue and black by them but luckily a rx350 toks appeared from no where and they faced the car robbed the driver collected the car and shot at my car but by then I ran into the bush by the side of the road. It was after they left we discovered they killed 2 people in one of the luxurious buses and it was after they left i started replaying what happened in my head i was beaten blue and black by a female member of the gang and i will be forming hulk hogan. It wasn't a good experience at all since then if I am travelling to a long distance 6am latest I don comot except on very few occasions.

Sorry about the beating & thank God you safely delivered the car. I love adventures & planning similar trip & wish you could share some of your experience, driving technique & how to look out for trouble on the high way. I wish God's safety always.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Ten06(m): 11:25pm On Sep 18, 2021
It's been long I drove through that road, but my advise for you is to make sure particulars are up to date because naija police are pain in the ass.
And Google map may not help much as there are no networks at some places on the road, the best for you is to follow commercial busses who are plying the road. You will meet enough of them on the road

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Number Of Nigerians Living In Ghana, 166 Countries Nationals Living In Ghana / Nigerians Pushing A Faulty Train To Start (Video, Photos) / Drone Pictures Of Onitsha Today Being Sunday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.