Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,558 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road (34141 Views)

Asaba To Maiduguri Via Abuja By Road (live Update). / Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia / Beautiful Drone Shots Of Maitama, Abuja By Nora Awolowo, A Female Drone Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Coolgent(m): 11:27pm On Sep 18, 2021
speedfreak:
Good morning all, I recently moved to Lagos for a new job, having been here for a year I am planning on going back to Abuja for Easter, not really a fan of public buses and due to the surge in traveling, Flight rates are astronomical for me and my fiancé, so driving would be my surest, most convenient and cheapest alternative.

I have gone through previous travel threads but they all seem outdated so I’m looking for an update.

I plan on leaving Thursday morning 5am, Im driving 2012 Honda Accord coupe. My questions would be:

1. First time driving such long distance, is it advisable? I’m not such a tough chap but I’m sure I can manage

2. How safe is the trip? With the kidnapping trend going on.

3. How much would it cost me to fuel? Car is a 4 cylinder without a cat (catalytic converter)

4. How rough will it be on the car? Car is less than 5months old, wouldn’t want to rough it up just yet.

5. How accurate is google maps? It estimates 12hrs through Ibadan and 14hrs through illorin.

Aside from the above any other advice or assistance would be welcomed.

1. Don't go alone get a companion
2. Be prayful (I believe in destiny)
3. Between 70 to 75 litres
4. I put 25,000 miles on my Accord 2012 withing 1 year (I only changed its stabilisers once)
5. It's very accurate (google gather information from other commuters) so traffic jam inclusive in their estimate.

Bonus...
Service your car 2 days before travelling,
Check all the fluids,
Appropriate tyres pressure,
Vehicle particulars including customs papers,
Your identity card
and lastly have to hundred naira notes for our friends (Police etc)

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Bifwoli: 11:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
icon02:
If you leave Lagos by 6am, you should be in abuja by 5 pm
Why does it take 12 or more hours to get from A to B in Nigeria ,a relatively small country? In USA you'd be very very far by road in 12 hrs than in Nigeria.
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by id4sho(m): 7:02am On Sep 19, 2021
Bifwoli:
Why does it take 12 or more hours to get from A to B in Nigeria ,a relatively small country? In USA you'd be very very far by road in 12 hrs than in Nigeria.
Bad roads, checkpoints, traffic gridlocks along highways etc

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Idaytesj29(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2021
Speedfreak should tell us how his journey was pls.
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by drmuchin: 7:01am On Oct 15, 2021
NgHotGirls

Can you recommend a Telegram group for cry..PTO signals

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by NgHotGirls: 2:28am On Oct 16, 2021
drmuchin:
NgHotGirls

Can you recommend a Telegram group for cry..PTO signals
The one you are currently in is the best as far as I am concerned. Most of them would require you to pay a token, but the current one you are in gives free signals and they have a VIP group and I think they are the cheapest.
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by speedfreak(m): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
Idaytesj29:
Speedfreak should tell us how his journey was pls.
Hello
Haven't embarked on it with my car yet, proposing December, that"s if my backup driver is back in Lagos before I have to leave.
Outlined the bus trip I took further up in this thread
Would definitely update when I make the trip

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Idaytesj29(m): 4:59pm On Oct 20, 2021
speedfreak:

Hello
Haven't embarked on it with my car yet, proposing December, that"s if my backup driver is back in Lagos before I have to leave.
Outlined the bus trip I took further up in this thread
Would definitely update when I make the trip

Okay boss. Just know its still okay to travel by road and you will enjoy the trip. But ensure the car is in good state. Good tyres, very important.

Have some 200 naira notes like 5000 in cash. Apart from money to refill your tank. Get enough music that you like. Check your full lights, horns and breaks.

Safe journey whenever to make the journey. And pls feed us back.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by mediclife1987(m): 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2021
Traveling from Otukpo in Benue State to Ado-Ekiti.

How do I go about it please?
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by speedfreak(m): 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2021
Hello all,
Finally got around to making the trip, definitely an eye opener and I'd probably be making same trip at the end of the year again grin
Didn't get any good pictures but I'll post the ones I took.
Left lagos at 5:30 am and got to Abuja the next day due to two burst tyres somewhere in ekiti state, hit a porthole at 120kmh, bought a new pair the next day and completed the trip. The return trip was smother, left Abuja at 10am and was in lagos by 12am
Fun and enlightening trip, the roads are safe(drove the Illesha Ibadan stretch at 10pm and got home safely despite the ungodly time), observed that the police at those checkpoints didn't care about complete vehicle particulars, tipping would save you a whole lotta stress.
Car didn't give any issues and I consistently used one and half tank both ways(a full tank is about 70L)
Return trip was faster, maps estimated 9hrs 11mins, i sha pushed the car, hit 180kmh at some point on lagos ibadan expressway

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Idaytesj29(m): 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
Wow ... Thats nice.

I like that you enjoyed the trip.

Looking forward to starting a transport biz soon. Lagos to Abuja, but finances has been a major hindrance in getting my preferred Toyota Hiace Bus or a Toyota Sienna both not less than 2008 model.

Getting an Hire Purchase deal has been very difficult too.

Well, in the end, we will get by.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Idaytesj29(m): 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2022
speedfreak:
Hello all,
Finally got around to making the trip, definitely an eye opener and I'd probably be making same trip at the end of the year again grin
Didn't get any good pictures but I'll post the ones I took.
Left lagos at 5:30 am and got to Abuja the next day due to two burst tyres somewhere in ekiti state, hit a porthole at 120kmh, bought a new pair the next day and completed the trip. The return trip was smother, left Abuja at 10am and was in lagos by 12am
Fun and enlightening trip, the roads are safe(drove the Illesha Ibadan stretch at 10pm and got home safely despite the ungodly time), observed that the police at those checkpoints didn't care about complete vehicle particulars, tipping would save you a whole lotta stress.
Car didn't give any issues and I consistently used one and half tank both ways(a full tank is about 70L)
Return trip was faster, maps estimated 9hrs 11mins, i sha pushed the car, hit 180kmh at some point on lagos ibadan expressway

Which stretch of the road is bad by your experience?
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by speedfreak(m): 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Which stretch of the road is bad by your experience?
omuo to kabba was the worst, couldn’t do over 60kmh because the were so many bad spots. You’d enjoy Ekiti tho, the roads were so tempting

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Idaytesj29(m): 5:04pm On Mar 11, 2022
speedfreak:
omuo to kabba was the worst, couldn’t do over 60kmh because the were so many bad spots. You’d enjoy Ekiti tho, the roads were so tempting

Thanks this. I was in Ekiti sometimes in Dec last year. We took the igbara odo road, and I enjoyed the ride. If Akure to Ilesha can be dualised. The road will be so tempting.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by RoadMozart(m): 11:43am On Jul 22, 2023
Idaytesj29:
Wow ... Thats nice.

I like that you enjoyed the trip.

Looking forward to starting a transport biz soon. Lagos to Abuja, but finances has been a major hindrance in getting my preferred Toyota Hiace Bus or a Toyota Sienna both not less than 2008 model.

Getting an Hire Purchase deal has been very difficult too.

Well, in the end, we will get by.
Hello

Have you gotten a vehicle now for the biznez?
Re: Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road by Idaytesj29(m): 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
RoadMozart:

Hello

Have you gotten a vehicle now for the biznez?

Not at all bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of Beaches You Can Visit In Lagos During Easter / Drone Pictures Of Onitsha Today Being Sunday (photos) / Murtala Mohammed International Airport Undergoes Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.