Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,315 members, 7,829,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Wizkid Drops Out Of School - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Drops Out Of School (58839 Views)

Seun Kuti Shares Photos Of His Daughter On Her First Day Of School / Why I Dropped Out Of School - 2face Finally Reveals / Wizkid Drops Hint For Name CHANGE On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by fstranger5: 8:49pm On Apr 16, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Unfortunately,the only place you can get a FORMAL education is through school.

Unfortunately, you are wrong!

School is overrated and too monotonous
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2011
fstranger5:

Unfortunately, you are wrong!

School is overrated and too monotonous

is knowledge also overated ?
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by fstranger5: 9:04pm On Apr 16, 2011
~Bluetooth:

is knowledge also overated ?

NO!

But school is not needed for Knowledge acquisition or is it?
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 16, 2011
fstranger5:

NO!

But school is not needed for Knowledge acquisition or is it?

knowledge did not start from university,university was meant to be a disseminating point of knowledge. I mean real knowledge not kwekwe
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by cmc1: 11:58pm On Apr 16, 2011
If this is true, then his education is done and he is also done for life cos life and money does not give fulfilment to man,
please think of our tuface and his series of kids, <lol> dont end in a bad way boy, get ur certificate first and then music.
dont u wana be like the only MC with an MSc.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Piusoyedepo(m): 12:07am On Apr 17, 2011
Don't mind dat boi, maybe he was advised to withdraw due to poor performance, dropout ma foot,
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by spicywax(m): 12:28am On Apr 17, 2011
medjai:

Dude has been getting alot of negative media attention lately:
First it was that he stole "holla at your boy", then, it was rumoured that he was arrested for trying to smuggle drugs into the UK, and now this.
There's nothing wrong with dropping out of school, it will give him more time to concentrate on his music.

Dude actually lifted Se7en's Girls,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=depOL5JsTXk

Buh yea dude's been getting bad publicity recently, hope he can survive dem,

Piusoyedepo:

Don't mind dat boi, maybe he was advised to withdraw due to poor performance, dropout ma foot,

Yea Me thinks too he was advised to withdraw due to poor performance,
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by shotster50(m): 12:38am On Apr 17, 2011
This just shows how hypocritical we can be. MOst of the comments here smack of unbridled hatred. How do you hate someone you dont know?? He is dropping from Uni , big deal, Look what the boy has achieved at his age, remeber when you where hos age, what were you doing And you have the guts to call him useless,
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by thetelz(m): 2:46am On Apr 17, 2011
Whats the big opportunity he got eh? Just cos he's making some chin chin cash,appealing to some small boys and girls doesn't mean he's gonna be a great musician. Music is like a candle,can blow off anytime. By the way,this guy can't properly pronounce 'ask' at 200L and he wants to drop out of school.lmao
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by joesleem: 6:55am On Apr 17, 2011
the young badt guy was never in skool,u guys should know dat, hes jez a clown,
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by prodam(m): 8:03am On Apr 17, 2011
some said what has he made so far? to be sincere if he had not made a landmark, the thread wouldn't have been this long,
2ndly, dropping out of school is no new thing among great people of today, bill gate, zuckenberg, 2face(i would appreciate ore examples)

my advise for him is: think about it very well, whether drop out will favor u, and if it is "compulsory drop out" as some thinks, then leave the academia and go to the zanga
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by favouredjb(f): 9:53am On Apr 17, 2011
i hope he deferred and didnt drop out totally,cos education is key
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2011
favouredjb:

i hope[b] he deferred[/b] and didnt drop out totally,cos education is key

That is what a serious-minded person would have done.dropping out entirely shows that he has lost his focus.I'm still wondering how he will end up if his next album doesn't make a hit.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by fstranger5: 10:25am On Apr 17, 2011
^^^^

What focus?

Education is a means to an end. the end here is MONEY.

Why waste time going to school when the degree would be useless.

You keep talking about education as if it were something more than just a 'pali'

Do you yourself have a Ph.D ?
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

^^^^

What focus?

Education is a means to an end. the end here is MONEY.

Why waste time going to school when the degree would be useless.

You keep talking about education as if it were something more than just a 'pali'

Do you yourself have a Ph.D ?

A first degree is ok to set you rolling in Nigeria.too bad for whizkid to end up as a school cert holder.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by fstranger5: 10:40am On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

A[b] first degree is ok to set you rolling in Nigeria[/b].too bad for whizkid to end up as a school cert holder.

That is if your focus is to slave away your future for the government or a private company on a salary basis.

To be a musician, he does not need any first degree. All he needs is talent, which he seems to have plenty of.

KSA is now a professor in OAU, despite not completing secondary school.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by djcrucifix(m): 11:00am On Apr 17, 2011
wizkid has always been a dead guy to me so i ani't surprised.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 17, 2011
Does any course in that school have an accreditation? Which one be Leed University?
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

That is if your focus is to slave away your future for the government or a private company on a salary basis.

To be a musician, he does not need any first degree. All he needs is talent, which he seems to have plenty of.

KSA is now a professor in OAU, despite not completing secondary school.

How many facebook generation musicians have been offered employment by Nigeria university ? Non but here you are pointing to KSA even victor uwaifo is still a professor in uniben .can terry g ,d'banj,timaya or wizzard kid ever dream of that ?
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by IZUKWU(m): 11:11am On Apr 17, 2011
I wish him all the best.You know sometimes our schooling interfers with our learning.Give it ur best shot, guy. Opportunity come but once.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by fstranger5: 11:24am On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

How many facebook generation musicians have been offered employment by Nigeria university ? Non but here you are pointing to KSA even victor uwaifo is still a professor in uniben .can terry g ,d'banj,timaya or wizzard kid ever dream of that ?

Did KSA become professor in his 20s?

Its just a matter of time before they become professors.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

Did KSA become professor in his 20s?

Its just a matter of time before they become professors.

Are you serious ? In this modern age ? If whizkid can drop out,what makes you think he's going to end up as a professor ?
During the time of Ksa,there were hip hop musicians,how many of them are professors today ? I can bet that Timaya and Terry G even whizkid can never become professors in their life .
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by fstranger5: 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Are you serious ? In this modern age ? If whizkid can drop out,what makes you think he's going to end up as a professor ?

No one ever thought KSA was going to be a professor, at least not at OAU.
As for Whizkid, at this stage, he seems to be more talented than KSA. So the odds of him ending up as a professor is pretty good. BTW, becoming a professor is not the height of success. He could be the next Sean Combs, a Howard drop out or become the next Lil Wayne. My point is that for him to be successful in life, he does not need a college degree at all. As a matter of fact, for his line of work, it would have been a mistake on his part.

D[b]uring the time of Ksa,there were hip hop musicians,how many of them are professors today[/b] ?

So there was hip-hop in the 60s? hmmm, you seem to be more deluded than I actually thought

I can bet that Timaya and Terry G even whizkid can never become professors in their life.

A lot of ediots like you said the same thing about KSA when he was first starting. They said he wasnt going to amount to anything, well, the rest is now history.

Just watch as the young man flourish and maybe employ you, and your Nassarawa State University 'pali'. Be nice to him. Chances are you’ll end up working for him
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

No one ever thought KSA was going to be a professor, at least not at OAU.
As for Whizkid, at this stage, he seems to be more talented than KSA. So the odds of him ending up as a professor is pretty good. BTW, becoming a professor is not the height of success. He could be the next Sean Combs, a Howard drop out or become the next Lil Wayne. My point is that for him to be successful in life, he does not need a college degree at all. As a matter of fact, for his line of work, it would have been a mistake on his part.

So there was hip-hop in the 60s? hmmm, you seem to be more deluded than I actually thought

A lot of ediots like you said the same thing about KSA when he was first starting. They said he wasnt going to amount to anything, well, the rest is now history.

Just watch as the young man flourish and maybe employ you, and your Nassarawa State University 'pali'. Be nice to him. Chances are you’ll end up working for him

There's no point arguing with you.You may now bounce.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by fstranger5: 12:18pm On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

There's no point arguing with you.You may now bounce.

Just say it, so I can go get something to eat.

Hint: [size=4pt]Fstranger is the best[/size]
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

Just say it, so I can go get something to eat.

Hint: [size=4pt]Fstranger is the best[/size]

Best of what ? I'm not just ready for your hypocrisy on this issue.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by fstranger5: 12:32pm On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Best of what ? I'm not just ready for your[b] hypocrisy[/b] on this issue.

Hypocrisy (insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have) ?

What qualities do I claim to have that I do not really have?
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

Hypocrisy (insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have) ?

What qualities do I claim to have that I do not really have?

If you have any talent,will you drop out too ?
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by fstranger5: 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

If you have any talent,will you drop out too ?

Absolutely!

It would have been a stupiddd idea to continue. Well, people, drop out of regular school for home-schooling when regular schooling doesnt meet their needs.

He has a talent that is best harnessed somewhere else, not at Leads University. Steve Jobs dropped out of college cos he felt it was a waste. DBanj is doing well, despite dropping out from LASU.
Eldee that stayed in school, how is he faring? He is not having it as good as Dbanj or is he?
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
fstranger5:

Absolutely!

It would have been a stupiddd idea to continue. Well, people, drop out of regular school for home-schooling when regular schooling doesnt meet their needs.

He has a talent that is best harnessed somewhere else, not at Leads University. Steve Jobs dropped out of college cos he felt it was a waste. DBanj is doing well, despite dropping out from LASU.
Eldee that stayed in school, how is he faring? He is not having it as good as Dbanj or is  he?
Oya go and play with sand.
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by slowpoison(m): 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2011
the most glaring & obvious case of hypocracy in the universe is Muhammadu Baha'i. My reason are
He overthrew the 2nd republic democratic government of Alhaji Shehu Shagari
He now wants to be called Alhaji rather than General  
The man who used to be a hard man when he forged himself on Nigeria theaterically turned into  a soft wimp crying like a newly orphaned child
now the disciplined man lied that planes flew in the night printers worked overnight to produce ballot papers to rig the election
He says that he will not go to court but his party may go to court the unresolved issue is will he accept the court verdict if it favors him
the ones he did while in power will be listed later
Re: Wizkid Drops Out Of School by fstranger5: 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Oya go and play with sand.

After whoop-ing your arse, of course, thats the next thing for me grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rihanna uses a photo CMS Lagos for her first ever Fenty campaign / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde & Daughter, Princess At Dino Melaye Sister's Wedding / Patoranking Acquires A N85Million Lamborgini Urus 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.