Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! (8317 Views)

President Goodluck Jonathan Will Win On Saturday - Abdullahi Maibasira / Benue Commissioner Dies After Predicting Buhari's Death / SHOCKING: Benue Commissioner Diesafter Predicting Buhari’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by Areosapien(f): 2:24pm On Apr 15, 2011
I'm not in support of Goodluck Jonathan, but I can tell you, Buhari will not be getting up to 0.8% of the votes in Imo state, and that's just putting it mildly. I really hope, though, that his chances are a lot stronger and better in the other states, cuz in Imo, I swear de people love Jonathan even more than Bayelsans do. I am being realistic here! sad
Hell, even the two gubernatorial front-runners (as well as the ACN opposition!) are in support of Goodluck. So, Imo is definitely out of the question, my broda, cuz it is one hell of a GEJ stronghold.
All the same, I wish BB the best and hope it succeeds.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 15, 2011
The wish that Buhari will win, will only remain a wish.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by Nicklee(m): 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2011
Areosapien:

I'm not in support of Goodluck Jonathan, but I can tell you, Buhari will not be getting up to 0.8% of the votes in Imo state, and that's just putting it mildly. I really hope, though, that his chances are a lot stronger and better in the other states, cuz in Imo, I swear de people love Jonathan even more than Bayelsans do. I am being realistic here! sad
Hell, even the two gubernatorial front-runners (as well as the ACN opposition!) are in support of Goodluck. So, Imo is definitely out of the question, my broda, cuz it is one hell of a GEJ stronghold.
All the same, I wish BB the best and hope it succeeds.

I'm fro Imo state too and I talk to people there frequently. I must say you are absolutely correct. But I did factor that in. Buhari will still win. Saturday is already here.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by biilwwu(m): 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2011
One woman many votes as in the book of Rivers state,God will change Nigeria very soon.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by Orikinla(m): 2:46pm On Apr 15, 2011
Buhari would have beaten Jonathan silly in a more civilized country where corruption is not tolerated like in Ghana or Botswana.

Majority of Nigerians are corrupt and like leaders who love corruption.

The people from the South East will vote for EBELE AZIKIWE, because he is also one of their own.

Only enlightened Igbos who abhor corruption will vote for Buhari.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by GMcompere: 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2011
Just today i convinced 2 more people to vote for Buhari and i know he will WIN
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by bestman09(m): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2011
WAKE UP from your slumber! This is Nigeria, not the US. Which structure do the CPC have that they wish to use to win a presidential election? Pls this is about Nigeria, not some state in the North! Buhari has lost the elections already.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by juman(m): 3:00pm On Apr 15, 2011
bestman09:

WAKE UP from your slumber! This is Nigeria, not the US. Which structure do the CPC have that they wish to use to win a presidential election? Pls this is about Nigeria, not some state in the North! Buhari has lost the elections already.

Exactly. CPC leaders are jokers. They organise thier affairs badly with little knowledge of Nigeria politics. Sorry ooooo.

Cast your vote wisely, Jonathan all the way!
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by jle(f): 3:09pm On Apr 15, 2011
Buhari will win under free and fair election
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by omowest(m): 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2011
By the grace of Almighty God
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by londoner: 3:23pm On Apr 15, 2011
Orikinla:

Buhari would have beaten Jonathan silly in a more civilized country where corruption is not tolerated like in Ghana or Botswana.

The people from the South East will vote for EBELE AZIKIWE, because he is also one of their own.

In a civilised country, Buhari would have made himself a candidate for ALL regions of Nigeria and not just the core North. In a civilised country Buhari would have started at least two years ago, addressing the concerns that many of the Nigerian electorate have of him, rather than having a few appearances outside the north ( a month or so to election day) in a feable effort to come across as a candidate for the south as much as the north.

Buhari did not do enough to mitigate the areas of weakness, which will just cause those who vote to vote for Jonathan, because when it comes to crunch time they will vote for who they know.

He spent far too much time in his areas of support instead of addressing the vulnerable areas of his campaign. He preached to the choir, forgetting it is those outside who may well decide his fate.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by Bensonite: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2011
Sorry Buhari loses even in a free and fair election not to talk of some desperate PDP members trying to deliver and impress their bosses. B uhari may have some of his agents in the units in the north and PDP has agents there too but in the south especially SS and SE no one agent so free for all show.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2011
londoner:

In a civilised country, Buhari would have made himself a candidate for ALL regions of Nigeria and not just the core North. In a civilised country Buhari would have started at least two years ago, addressing the concerns that many of the Nigerian electorate have of him, rather than having a few appearances outside the north ( a month or so to election day) in a feable effort to come across as a candidate for the south as much as the north.

Buhari never made himself a candidate for just the core North. He made an apperance in at least each state(his campaign was allowed to) both up north and down south -- Not certain why you feel he made more in the north than down in the south.

Also in a civilized country, candidates base their campaign on their budget. I believe the reason why the Buhari campaign took off only a couple of months to election was because of limited funds. And also, in a civilized country, there are NO RULES barring candidates from campaigning two months to election. So, stop pretending your view is law!

londoner:
Buhari did not do enough to mitigate the areas of weakness, which will just cause those who vote to vote for Jonathan, because when it comes to crunch time they will vote for who they know.

Buhari is not the only candidate on the ballot  . . . so the reasoning you give above is in layman's terms BULL. There are other candidates on that ballot and if Buhari does not meet the need, individuals have other candidates but Jonathan to consider.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by Xfactoria: 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2011
Orikinla:

In a civilized country, Buhari would not even try to insult the sensibilities of the populace or test their knowledge of history by standing for election through a process he truncated (and still unapologetic about it) some 26years ago!

No majority of Nigerians reject Buhari not because they are corrupt but because the so called "progressives" who are selling his candidacy are perceived not to be sincere about the fight against corruption. There are many people who are not corrupt in Nigeria and who have the pedigree to lead this country fairly, even from the north. Why did the progressives shun people like Balarabe Musa, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Col. Umar, Nasir El-Rufai etc who have no weights of ethnocentricism, religious bigotry and human rights abuses like Buhari?
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by Bensonite: 3:40pm On Apr 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Buhari never made himself a candidate for just the core North. He made an apperance in at least each state(his campaign was allowed to) both up north and down south -- Not certain why you feel he made more in the north than down in the south. Also in a civilized country, candidates base their campaign on their budget. I believe the reason why the Buhari campaign took off only a couple of months to election was because of limited funds. And also, in a civilized country, there are NO RULES barring candidates from campaigning two months to election. So, stop pretending your view is law!

Buhari is not the only candidate on the ballot  . . . so the reasoning you give above is in layman's terms BULL. There are other candidates on that ballot and if Buhari does not meet the need, individuals have other candidates but Jonathan to consider.

I think I disagree with you on his campaigning. He was well received by Rivers State governor but never did any campaign in the treasure base of the nation. How do you think people down here who had wanted to vote him would feel?
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by londoner: 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2011
If there had been a CPC/ACN alliance in time, maybe he would have had a chance.

@Bensonite, he simply did not carry a wide enough spread over the nation.

If he does win, it will be a numbers game.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2011
Bensonite:

I think I disagree with you on his campaigning. He was well received by Rivers State governor but never did any campaign in the treasure base of the nation. How do you think people down here who had wanted to vote him would feel?

I know he was in Portharcourt -- where in the south are you saying he refused to show up?

I could not say what people down there feel . . .  I am simply irritated by people pretending his campaign was simply a northern one when there are records of the train showing up in some major southern cities. Comparing it to the Jonathan campaign, which almost seems to have trillions of naira at it's disposal ( with the free money packages, the products, songs, celebrity clout) will be unfair considering many of the Buhari campaigners had to dig into their pockets to fund their part in the whole.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by estin: 3:45pm On Apr 15, 2011
Keep deciving your self. Buhari has no chance of winning this time. All u've been posting on him in this forum is propaganda. Buhari suport base online especially of Nairaland is artificial.The reality is that many still want GEJ to go on,
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by SUV(f): 3:46pm On Apr 15, 2011
I will reiterate again: Using the NASS election might be a big mistake. Buhari will carry the day tomorrow. My prediction and I stand by it.

Buhari has lost 1vote (urs) u r in US. we in nigeria will do the voting.

As far as i am concerned: all the present Presidential aspirats are jokers.
I am waiting for when BABA Fashola will run for president, the Nigeria will have hope again and live again, but until then, we are wasting our time.

Can anything good come out of Nigerian leaders? YES = 'FASHOLA"
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by Mariory(m): 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2011
In a civilised country, Buhari will be in jail for destroying a democracy and murder.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by Bensonite: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I know he was in Portharcourt -- where in the south are you saying he refused to show up?

I could not say what people down there feel . . .  I am simply irritated by people pretending his campaign was simply a northern one when there are records of the train showing up in some major southern cities. Comparing it to the Jonathan campaign, which almost seems to have trillions of naira at it's disposal ( with the free money packages, the products, songs, celebrity clout) will be unfair considering many of the Buhari campaigners had to dig into their pockets to fund their part in the whole.  
Yes he showed in Port Harcourt to see the governor and was well received. His VP visited last two weeks at the hotel presidential. This does not translate to campaigning. Every past presidential aspirants value Rivers State even if you dont get all the support there. So many people felt bad any way may due to budget. So please GEJ carries the day since he has national spread and acceptance.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by emekagh(m): 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2011
Orikinla:

Ok. I am an enlightened Igbo man, nay Nigerian; I abhor corruption; nepotism and and tribalism.
However, when it comes to fighting corruption I prefer institutional changes rather than personalities cults.
(Two examples if you care, Ribadu and Dora Akunyili. Ribadu fought corruption all by himself, when he left things fell apart. Dora established NAFDAC as strong fake drug fighting institution. Today long after Dora's exit, NAFDAC is still waxing strong without name dropping. Be fair which approach is better?

Buhari claims he has the personality and that he is stole no money, good for him. But he conveniently left out the fact that 'stealing' power by the gun is serious form of corruption in itself. One that has set many African countries, Nigeria inclusive, many year backward (Lagos metro-line readily comes to mind) .

Personal I believe GEJ is better at enrolling institutional changes, which will outlive him. That is what Nigeria needs, not quick fix.

'Nigeria, nay, Africa need strong institutions not strongmen' - GEJ is the man to do this job.

He has given us two - three road maps in less then 10 months (Power, Gas, Water),  how many has Buhari initiated in his entire political career spanning 3 decades.

So actually, enlightened people have weighed all the candidates, and realised that GEJ is the best among the contenders. So get it out of your system, not every Igboman,  Ijaw man,  Yoruba or Hausa man (all Nigerians) are voting along ethnic lines, whether they vote for GEJ or not. Let us quit insulting the choice of the voters.

My two kobo.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by ziccoit: 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2011
In a free and fair election GEJ will loss in all states of SW. He may manage to get 25% in only one these states. ACN is too strong here in entire SW. You may want to ask that Ondo is under LP? Yes.
ACN solicited for the governor's support at presidential race, he initially refused. But, when he was told how he was helped by ACN to win both the election and election tribunal, the man has chosen to stay calm. So Ondo is for ACN.

From the North, Buhari just needs to deny GEJ 25% minimum in 9-10 0f 19 states of the North and the table would have turned against GEJ when election would be expected to enter run-off.

Yesterday, I was talking with a friend, living in Niger state, on the needs to support BB ticket being a core PDP member. I was very surprised when he retorted that vote for Buhari is nonnegotiable. He said that Buhari's personality would work for him when I asked him why CPC did not shine in the last election. Going by this, all GEJ supporters should go and fasten their belt for a great dive.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Apr 15, 2011
Bensonite:

Yes he showed in Port Harcourt to see the governor and was well received. His VP visited last two weeks at the hotel presidential. This does not translate to campaigning. Every past presidential aspirants value Rivers State even if you dont get all the support there. So many people felt bad any way may due to budget. So please GEJ carries the day since he has national spread and acceptance.

huh?? This , http://buhari4change.com/?p=886 , is not the campaign in PortHarcourt

Also, see other cities/towns visited

http://buhari4change.com/?cat=17
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by okunoba(m): 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2011
@Orikinla, in a civilized country solders don`t stage coups and neither are u killed for a crime that was not a capital punishment when it was committed, nor do they beat grown men on the street, just to keep a straight line, to catch a bus. In a civilized society corruption is fought not through brute force but with policies. If Buhari was serious about corruption and honor, he would have put in place, a policy of having all government accounts audited by independent accounting firms.  That is how u bring about transparency and accountability, not by chasing shadows, locking people up.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by obongtunji: 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2011
Poster Y are u telin us u are from se, u are notin bt a fanatik if nt how on earth wil u tel me dat d nass election was rigged. How i wish u kan give me ur numba just 4 me 2 give u a condolence kal on sunday evenin,because i know buhari wil die of "cardia-meotro-gopelo-gymete-diates"
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by londoner: 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2011
@emeka_gh, it seems the Igbo's are the only set of people who have to prove their lack of tribalism by voting massively for party that is from different region.

SW can vote overwhelmingly for ACN, and the North can vote overwhelmingly for CPC, but Igbo's have to vote a party which is not synomous with the East,  even when those parties may not even have bothered to aggressively campaign in the Eastern states.

Igbo's are expected to "prove" that they are for Nigeria, because there may be a suspicion where Igbos are concerned IMO.

Nigerians need to vote based on issues and with a realistic expectation of the administration they may be voting for, that goes for all Nigerians not just igbos.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by Xfactoria: 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2011
okunoba:

@Orikinla, in a civilized country solders don`t stage coups and neither are u killed for a crime that was not a capital punishment when it was committed, nor do they beat grown men on the street, just to keep a straight line, to catch a bus. In a civilized society corruption is fought not through brute force but with policies. If Buhari was serious about corruption and honor, he would have put in place, a policy of having all government accounts audited by independent accounting firms. That is how u bring about transparency and accountability, not by chasing shadows, locking people up.

Right on point on the bolded parts.

People are applauding barbaric acts like whipping with koboko. Buhari and his disciples should go and learn from the Egyptian military.

Audit is the reason why Sanusi was able to throw up the decadence in the banking industry. Audit makes you accountable. I am sure to write Goodluck Jonathan to include this in his to-do list.
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by SSaemoenl(m): 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2011
Yes he will win.

Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by switch47(m): 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2011
I am predicting that Goodluck jonathan will win the election
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by emekagh(m): 4:27pm On Apr 15, 2011
londoner:

@emeka_gh, it seems the Igbo's are the only set of people who have to prove their lack of tribalism by voting massively for party that is from different region.

SW can vote overwhelmingly for ACN, and the North can vote overwhelmingly for CPC, but Igbo's have to vote a party which is not synomous with the East,  even when those parties may not even have bothered to aggressively campaign in the Eastern states.

Igbo's are expected to "prove" that they are for Nigeria, because there may be a suspicion where Igbos are concerned IMO.

Nigerians need to vote based on issues and with a realistic expectation of the administration they may be voting for, that goes for all Nigerians not just igbos.

Igbos have nothing to prove to anyone. And I don't agree they vote for party. The Igboman vote for policy and issues not for parties. Besides, I didn't know that the PDP is from South Eastern region. That is new to me. If the Igbo refused to vote for CPC, it means that either they dont agree with the issues presented by them. How about the Yoruba's what stopped then from voting for CPC? I never heard you say anything about suspicion.

The igboman is the least tribal (apolitical), otherwise they would have only voted for APGA (you conveniently ignored that fact.)

Again, Igbos have nothing to prove to no-one, and the Igbos believe in ONE NIGERIA in unmatched, that is why you find them everywhere!
Re: I'm Predicting Buhari Will Win On Saturday! by otokx(m): 4:29pm On Apr 15, 2011
Buhari will be shocked by what will happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan On Power Supply, Transportation & Rehabilitation On Pipelines / XENOPHOBIC ATTACK: South African Policemen Smile At A Burning Victim (PHOTO) / Osinbajo, Ishaku Meet Over Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.