Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? (32798 Views)

What Is Your Preferred Position For A Punch-hole Camera? (Photos) / Olla V9 Pro Unboxing & Review - N32,000 Budget Phone With A Punch-hole (photos) / Infinix S5: Unboxing & Review Of The First Punch Hole Device By Infinix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:02pm On Mar 23, 2021
I prefer pussy hole.

undecided

Thanx.

1 Like

Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by adanny01(m): 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
makemusic1:
As for me I prefer the notch (tear drop) , simple straight forward and when u hide notch it bezel its small.

But the hole, it irritate me, the idea of looking @ a screen n a hole is staring @ u and when u hide d hole u get a huge bezel.

Just not a fan

I prefer punch hole against the tear drop which I seriously dislike. I'd rather have pop up to the tear drop

1 Like

Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Illimitable: 4:06pm On Mar 23, 2021
meobizy:
See Nairalanders debating like they possess premium phones. If they really did then only fifty members would visit here frequently. It’s when I choose to upgrade that I’ll bother about which orientation is the better one.

Stop reducing everyone to your poverty stricken self.

I use iPhone 12 Pro Max(256GB) and there’s no big deal about it.
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by meobizy(f): 4:09pm On Mar 23, 2021
Illimitable:

Stop reducing everyone to your poverty stricken self.

I use iPhone 12 Pro Max(256GB) and there’s no big deal about it.
...only? The iPhone 15 is both less expensive and more powerful.
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by makemusic1: 4:13pm On Mar 23, 2021
MrNipplesLover:
I prefer pussy hole.

undecided

Thanx.
lol

1 Like

Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Illimitable: 4:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
meobizy:

...only? The iPhone 15 is both less expensive and more powerful.

There’s no iPhone 15 yet, bush woman.
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Youngpo413: 4:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
addexx:

You need the full Jesus
with this your dirty mind,you sure say you go enter heaven so? Lol.
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by makemusic1: 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
Illimitable:

There’s no iPhone 15 yet, bush woman.
she knows
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by nerorex01: 5:28pm On Mar 23, 2021
Guys remember I said this on this platform...
In years to come, phones will have their selfie camera embedded in the screen. You will only see see yourself on the screen when you switch to selfie but never will you see the camera

1 Like

Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by makemusic1: 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2021
nerorex01:
Guys remember I said this on this platform...
In years to come, phones will have their selfie camera embedded in the screen. You will only see see yourself on the screen when you switch to selfie but never will you see the camera
company's are working on it but it not perfect yet
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Donvic4u(m): 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2021
Illimitable:

The notch houses the Face ID technology - it’s there for a reason.

My device has face id and it's punch hole...
So what's your point
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Illimitable: 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2021
Donvic4u:

My device has face id and it's punch hole...
So what's your point

What device is that? grin
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by pacespot(m): 5:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
Which one can Nigerians produce, all cameras are great depending on individuals? Even my Xiaomi Mi9 popup camera isn't as freaky to me as one would expect. I enjoy the phone for it's great processor, snapdragon 730G, because I'm a heavy phone user, all other features are just secondary to me

1 Like

Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Donvic4u(m): 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
Illimitable:

What device is that? grin
All this iPhone7 users that think they have made it in life .

I don't need to tell you my device

Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Illimitable: 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
Donvic4u:

All this iPhone7 users that think they have made it in life .

I don't need to tell you my device

If you aren’t an illiterate, you won’t be comparing the useless technology on your device to iPhone’s Facial recognition technology.

Your printed photo will unlock your device cos it’s 2D - that’s how useless the security on your device is.

This is not an issue for Apple as their true depth camera system can differentiate a 2D picture from a 3D Face, even in pitch black darkness, which really makes it clear which company cares more about privacy.

Furthermore Face ID adapts to your facial changes overtime (facial hair, different makeup, a hat, scarf etc). Samsung’s doesn’t.

Stop comparing sleep to death, dullard.
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Donvic4u(m): 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2021
Illimitable:

If you aren’t an illiterate, you won’t be comparing the useless technology on your device to iPhone’s Facial recognition technology.

Your printed photo will unlock your device cos it’s 2D - that’s how useless the security on your device is.

This is not an issue for Apple as their true depth camera system can differentiate a 2D picture from a 3D Face, even in pitch black darkness, which really makes it clear which company cares more about privacy.

Furthermore Face ID adapts to your facial changes overtime (facial hair, different makeup, a hat, scarf etc). Samsung’s doesn’t.

Stop comparing sleep to death, dullard.

Dullard...com and use ur face to unlock my phone na.
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Illimitable: 6:10pm On Mar 23, 2021
Donvic4u:

Dullard...com and use ur face to unlock my phone na.

Why are you afraid to mention the name of your device?

Devices that printed photos are unlocking everywhere. That’s what you are comparing with Apple?

Are you even educated at all?

Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Donvic4u(m): 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2021
Illimitable:

Devices that printed photos are unlocking everywhere. That’s what you are comparing with Apple?

See who go school....
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Illimitable: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
Donvic4u:

See who go school....

You are a dullard.

You really wanted to sneak face unlock beside Face ID? Where do you think you are? Your village meeting? grin
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Donvic4u(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
Illimitable:

You are a dullard.

You really wanted to sneak face unlock beside Face ID? Where do you think you are? Your village meeting? grin

Come and use your face to unlock my phone na.... Educated illiterate...

Notch is there cos of face technology... Android uses hole punch and still has face id...I ask you again...

Educated illiterate, what is your point?
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Illimitable: 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2021
Donvic4u:

Come and use your face to unlock my phone na.... Educated illiterate...

Notch is there cos of face technology... Android uses hole punch and still has face id...I ask you again...

Educated illiterate, what is your point?

Android’s hole is not true depth - it is 2D.

Apple’s notch is true depth and it’s 3D.

That’s the difference.

If you don’t know the difference between 2D & 3D, you should try as much as possible to collect all your school fees from the village schools that trained you.
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Donvic4u(m): 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2021
Illimitable:

Android’s hole is not true depth - it is 2D.

Apple’s notch is true depth and it’s 3D.

That’s the difference.

If you don’t know the difference between 2D & 3D, you should try as much as possible to collect all your school fees from the village schools that trained you.

Ignorance is truly bliss....

Abeg waka
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Illimitable: 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
Donvic4u:

Ignorance is truly bliss....

Abeg waka

You are a fool!

Come and defend yourself instead of taking the easier route of asking me to waka.

These stark illiterates want to talk technology without any iota of intelligence in their head. Better go and find something to eat before discussing technology.

The topic is intellectually out of your league.
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Walkee: 9:12am On Mar 24, 2021
kemicalreact:
Dumbass! That black panel that houses the front camera and Face ID technology is the notch. You sha won announce say you get iPhone undecided
perhaps iPhone 6s user? embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by DownChelsea(f): 11:12am On Mar 24, 2021
Illimitable:

you can't compare apple with Samsung cos Samsung is way better.

Are you aware that Samsung priortises on screen quality and real estate? That's why they offer 2D facial unlock which is a 2nd option (with a caveat from Samsung themselves) With the primary option being their "on screen" touch ID.

Or, are you also claiming that the finger print scanning (which is even better than face ID) can also be fooled?

Apple's foolery is very lucid.

Apple with their stale and ugly face ID technology that makes their phones look like toys from 7 years ago.
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Ammaizingemmy: 11:48am On Mar 24, 2021
Yea! I prefer the notch
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Illimitable: 12:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
DownChelsea:
you can't compare apple with Samsung cos Samsung is way better.

What poor folks always say to convince themselves that Samsung is better than Apple? Not in a million years. Apple iPhone is the most secure handheld device on the planet. Maybe you should ask the FBI why they couldn’t break into one in 2016 and had to send the device to Israel. They paid $1m to an Israeli company to unlock an iPhone.

DownChelsea:

Are you aware that Samsung priortises on screen quality and real estate? That's why they offer 2D facial unlock which is a 2nd option (with a caveat from Samsung themselves) With the primary option being their "on screen" touch ID.

This has nothing to do with security. The quality of the screen has nothing to do with the archaic 2D facial unlock on Samsung phones. Basically, all I need to unlock your phone is your printed photo and your fingerprint(if you fall asleep).

Apple’s Face ID is more advanced that you cannot unlock the phone if the owner is asleep. Face ID is even attention-aware. It recognizes if your eyes are open and your attention is directed towards the device.

DownChelsea:

Or, are you also claiming that the finger print scanning (which is even better than face ID) can also be fooled?
Apple's foolery is very lucid.

Apple used finger print scanning from iPhone 5s till iPhone 8 before dumping the archaic technology for Face ID. Ask anywhere, the Face ID is more secure than the fingerprint + 2D face unlock.

DownChelsea:

Apple with their stale and ugly face ID technology that makes their phones look like toys from 7 years ago.

Just say you cannot afford one.
There’s no single mobile phone product that is more secure than the iPhone. You can scour google from now till 2025, you won’t find any.
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by DownChelsea(f): 12:37pm On Mar 24, 2021
Illimitable:

What poor folks always say to convince themselves that Samsung is better than Apple? Not in a million years. Apple iPhone is the most secure handheld device on the planet. Maybe you should ask the FBI why they couldn’t break into one in 2016 and had to send the device to Israel. They paid $1m to an Israeli company to unlock an iPhone.

This has nothing to do with security. The quality of the screen has nothing to do with the archaic 2D facial unlock on Samsung phones. Basically, all I need to unlock your phone is your printed photo and your fingerprint(if you fall asleep).

Apple’s Face ID is more advanced that you cannot unlock the phone if the owner is asleep. Face ID is even attention-aware. It recognizes if your eyes are open and your attention is directed towards the device.

Apple used finger print scanning from iPhone 5s till iPhone 8 before dumping the archaic technology for Face ID. Ask anywhere, the Face ID is more secure than the fingerprint + 2D face unlock.

Just say you cannot afford one.
There’s no single mobile phone product that is more secure than the iPhone. You can scour google from now till 2025, you won’t find any.
how expensive are iPhones.

Never seen a billion dollar iPhone. So where did your notion that the boring crap is more expensive than every other worthy gadget come from?

Of course every idiot can afford an iPhone. You're too poor so I understand why an iPhone is like a rolls Royce to you.

Don't people buy iPhones with 60k. And don't people buy Samsung phones with 900k?

Poor man mentality. Go and hustle. Come back when your cheap crap can unlock your phone without your mask on.

1 Like

Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by DownChelsea(f): 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2021
An uneducated isheep is comparing face ID and touch ID.

Note. The sheep has only one face and ten fingers. ���.

Even the Jokers have realised that they shot themselves on the foot and are considering ditching the gimmicky tech.
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by DownChelsea(f): 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2021
Apple with their ugly and outdated tech. No wonder their phones are uninspiring, uninnovative and look the same for over 5 years.

Even Samsung had "Iris scanning" before the Jokers had face ID. And the joker's are still celebrating an unpractical gimmicky tech.

What could ever beat an ultrasonic under display fingerprint scanner? Lmao.

Dem even dey compare face ID to Samsung's 2nd option (face unlock). That shows the level they are.

Back to the issue in discuss, a notch is uglier and more dated than a hole punch and a tear drop display. And that is a fact. If apple can't get creative, that's their own L.

Apple my ass!

2 Likes

Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Illimitable: 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2021
DownChelsea:
how expensive are iPhones.

Never seen a billion dollar iPhone. So where did your notion that the boring crap is more expensive than every other worthy gadget come from?

Of course every idiot can afford an iPhone. You're too poor so I understand why an iPhone is like a rolls Royce to you.

This bush woman keeps exposing her ignorance on a subject she knows nothing about.

DownChelsea:

Don't people buy iPhones with 60k. And don't people buy Samsung phones with 900k?

60k iPhones were made 6 years ago. If that’s your kind of thing, jog on.

DownChelsea:

Poor man mentality. Go and hustle. Come back when your cheap crap can unlock your phone without your mask on.

But your face unlock can open with a mask, right? Who’s going to tell you the technology on your iPhone is archaic, I gave you a simple task and you have failed at it.

Find any article that says Samsung phones are more secure than iPhones. It’s a simple task instead of ranting like a baboon on heat.
Re: Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer? by Illimitable: 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
DownChelsea:
An uneducated isheep is comparing face ID and touch ID.

Note. The sheep has only one face and ten fingers. ���.

Even the Jokers have realised that they shot themselves on the foot and are considering ditching the gimmicky tech.

The question every tech advocate keeps asking each year....

Instead of you to hustle more so that you can be able to afford an iPhone that isn’t sold for N60k(Face ID technology), you are out here disgracing your blood line that Samsung makes more secure phones than Apple.

Cheapskates!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Some Cool Old Websites People Don't Really Visit Or Dnt Exist Again / 5 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Non-removable Battery / The Gionee S Plus Punches Way Above Its Weight (HOT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.