Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,557 members, 7,955,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:04 PM

Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria (25159 Views)

Fubara Sent People 2 Burn Rivers Assembly Complex, Raised Ethnic Politics - Wike / 2023: Obi Introduced Religious, Ethnic Politics In Nigeria – Chimaroke Nnamani / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by KoshCAD: 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2021
Rugaria:

Lagos belong to the Aworis and Eguns... Stop attaching by force to Lagos..
Yeah, the eguns and Awori are from your father's compound in OSU land.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by KoshCAD: 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
Sonn:
I have even forgotten how that man died' did he commit suicide?
No, he died while fucking your mama

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Belmot(m): 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2021
HBB1:

Isn't this statement dumb?

Same Awo that was in prison in 1966?

Azikiwe had conveniently left the country, when Nzeogwu killed off leaders of other tribes except his own.

You people are just horrible
You missed his sarcasm completely.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by greensandy: 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:
Nonsense ! He introduced "ethnic politics" because he did not allow Azikiwe,an Igbo man from the East to become a Premier in the West ! Their greedy obsession with Yoruba land did not just start today. Obviously, Mr Azikiwe did not think much of his people and their erosion ravaged land and that's why he had his greedy eyes on the western region. It is the same senseless obsession with Yoruba land that made a whole ex Governor of a state in the east to refer to himself as a mere "Lagos boy" and he was even proud of saying it !

Azikiwe,the greedy idiotic "one Nigeria" campaigner foolishly thought he could corner all the resources of Nigeria for his equally greedy Igbo people by being half smart with his dubious unity campaign ! He wanted one Nigeria that would be dominated by his people alone. How on earth would you (Azikiwe) leave your own people and prefer,in stead to govern in a different region and over a different people ?

The truth is that Igbo people - Azikiwe,Nzeogwu,Ironsi,Ojukwu etc laid the foundation for whatever and everything that's wrong with Nigeria today. This is a well known fact that's clear to all Nigerians;sensible Igbo inclusive. Awolowo this,Tinubu that,Yoruba that ,blah,blah,blah ! What is wrong with most of you Igbo guys ? You hate us yet,you're all over Yoruba land ! What an irony. You're all mad !

I thank God that many Yorubas are now well aware of the evil schemers pretending to be friends. Igbos are worse than Hausa, Fulani combine. If Nigeria is going to split, every region must go their different ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by greensandy: 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
kokomilala:
What's this humdrum criticism about Awolowo? Chinua Achebe chided him for his economic blockade against the Igbos during the civil war,saying because it was brothers at war,Awo shouldn't have done that.Cry me a river! It was enemies against enemies.Brothers don't draw swords against one another.Under such circumstances,I would have done the same.
Awo introduced the first TV station in Ibadan in 1959; built The Liberty stadium,Cocoa House-all with cash crops money.And,in 1964, introduced the Universal Free education.Some of the idiots criticizing him are indirect beneficiaries,as their fathers,even from other ethnicities benefitted from the project.
Awo was first amongst equals.Even Ojukwu described him as the best president Nigeria never had.Former British PM, Harold Wilson, also said Awo would have become a great British PM.
The British were very scared of losing their hegemony and imperialism in Nigeria- that's why they asked the unresourceful North to seize the military.
History,in a flash,concedes to Awolowo.No leader within the Nigerian political space- dead or alive- could/can compare to Awo. What we have now,but beginning with the despicable incursions of the military into politics,are accidents of history.Gowon, Buhari,Abacha- all northerners- are accidents of history.They shouldn't have had anything to do with power.

God bless you.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Rugaria: 8:09pm On Mar 23, 2021
KoshCAD:
Yeah, the eguns and Awori are from your father's compound in OSU land.

Goan develop ibadam and stoop disturbing us our Lagos, this iguana..

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by kokomilala(m): 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2021
@greensandy,amen! And,you too.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by onoja12: 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2021
1966 no sir the igbo have been plotting control since the early 1950s,they sided with the north in 1960 because like everything they taught they where wise and the northerner where more foolish than the westerner ,only for them to discover that the northerner where not as foolish as they taught ,so they decided to arrange a coup the first people to introduce coup to Nigeria is igbo people,that too did not work because once again the northerner taught them again that what you can do,we can do it better,by the civil war you need to see what igbo did to the other tribes in the south south region,ask any old person they would tell you,as at today igbo have fought with the northerners,the westerners the south south,it is only the middle belt they haven't had an open issue with yet.

quote author=Goke7 post=100137191]

As far as the igbos are concerned they are always right while others are wrong.

Have you noticed when yorubas are mocked in the media or social media, the igbos easily catch cruise with it but just one word to tease them, they start crying all over the place abusing everybody.

Osita is right on Awo they will say but doyin okupe is wrong to say the north has not forgiven the igbos for 1966 coup. Their matter don tire me[/quote]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by KoshCAD: 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2021
Rugaria:

Goan develop ibadam and stoop disturbing us our Lagos, this iguana..
We all know Ibadan is far developed than all your sad beast region.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Sonn(m): 8:52am On Mar 27, 2021
KoshCAD:
No, he died while fucking your mama
Is that all you could say? i expected more from you bros, so continue pls
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Uchek(m): 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
How could Awolowo love the Igbo nation after participating in military dictatorship that waged a war that slaughtered millions of Igbos even though had the chance to stop the war by rejecting Gowon's Greek gift of political appointment and supporting Ojukwu's "ON ABURI WE STAND"?

Ndigbo making money in Yorubaland has nothing to do with Yoruba but the post-Biafra official policy that centralized the commanding heights of the Nigeria in Yorubaland - particularly Lagos.

MightySparrow:
Awolowo loved Igbo nation more than Ojukwu and Zik. Today, Igbos fare better in Yorubaland than their land in South East. They make money in Yorubaland and other parts to attend August meeting and December to do iyanga. Many have even forgotten home as they are becoming councillors, House of Representatives members in Yorubaland. Chidoka should join many grateful Biafrans to appreciate Awolowo. RIp, Awo of the Universe. Anytime you hear from the great beyond the ranting of some misguided IPOBians, smile and forgive their ignorance.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by fregeneh(m): 2:28pm On May 28, 2021
Go home and ask your elders they will tell you that it was awolowo that race the motion in the Parliament to give your parents freedom by creating minority regions not only Midwest but for all the minorities groups cro,nupe,kanuri,gwari and middle belt regions

SUNNINO:
Yes, elders from Mid west and later Bendel state testified that he was actually a tribalist, that way and manner he treated the non Yorubas in then western Nigeria ,led to the creation of mid west region in 1963. He discriminated against other tribes and had serious hatred for the Igbos due to the division of his region, because he felt they incited the people to call for mid west region. He was more of Regional leader than Nationalist as claimed, he shared that quality sectionalism with Buhari.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by fregeneh(m): 2:46pm On May 28, 2021
I think that boy you talk about was an Igbo boy one master ofokaja or something

[quoth author=Asswipemod post=100144887]

He introduced ethnic politics. That is what you can glean from the write up. Right? Ofcourse your coarse mind cammot process what the writer intended. And maybe he introduced ethnic politics. What about that? I guess he saw something other dull Southern politicians and leaders of his time did not see; that the Northern leaders (especially Fulanis) were devils who had conquest in their minds. He knew it. He saw it. And is it not manifesting today?

I was opportuned to see a video on youtube. The video was filmed in 1957. It was a debate among African students convened by an American moderator. The students were 4 in number in that debate. They came from Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia and South Africa. Yhe SA kid was the only whithe boy in their midst. The moderator inquired about racial amd ethnic prejudices in Africa apparently targetting the SA boy. I was shocked when it came to the Nigerian kid to talk. He was of Northern extraction, spoke excellent English and showed evidence of good education, which makes me wonder what happened to the North of today. But what he said shocked me the more. He did not hide his disdain for Southern people, especially Christians. He said he was prejudiced about them. In 1957! All the respect I had for him disappeared.

Now who wants to be in the same country with people like that? Who would not want to beat an escape route for his people if he were a true leader? Now is his fears not happening? After years of misrule by Northerners, they want to crown it with all these?

As for taking sniper, your comments simply shows how silly and ignorant you are. And its only a testimony to the mutual hatred that all tribes have for each other in Nigeria PLC especially the Fulanis.[/quote]
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by LadySarah: 7:57am On Jul 04, 2021
fregeneh:
I think that boy you talk about was an Igbo boy one master ofokaja or something

[quoth author=Asswipemod post=100144887]

He introduced ethnic politics. That is what you can glean from the write up. Right? Ofcourse your coarse mind cammot process what the writer intended. And maybe he introduced ethnic politics. What about that? I guess he saw something other dull Southern politicians and leaders of his time did not see; that the Northern leaders (especially Fulanis) were devils who had conquest in their minds. He knew it. He saw it. And is it not manifesting today?

I was opportuned to see a video on youtube. The video was filmed in 1957. It was a debate among African students convened by an American moderator. The students were 4 in number in that debate. They came from Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia and South Africa. Yhe SA kid was the only whithe boy in their midst. The moderator inquired about racial amd ethnic prejudices in Africa apparently targetting the SA boy. I was shocked when it came to the Nigerian kid to talk. He was of Northern extraction, spoke excellent English and showed evidence of good education, which makes me wonder what happened to the North of today. But what he said shocked me the more. He did not hide his disdain for Southern people, especially Christians. He said he was prejudiced about them. In 1957! All the respect I had for him disappeared.

Now who wants to be in the same country with people like that? Who would not want to beat an escape route for his people if he were a true leader? Now is his fears not happening? After years of misrule by Northerners, they want to crown it with all these?

As for taking sniper, your comments simply shows how silly and ignorant you are. And its only a testimony to the mutual hatred that all tribes have for each other in Nigeria PLC especially the Fulanis.

1956 debate was repped by a religious bigoted 18 yr northern boy,1957 was repped by a non partisan pan African 16 yr old Boniface offorkaja .
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by dadebayo1(m): 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2021
agaliboy:
what does this idiot know about Awo?. Some igbo commentators with their consistent wild accusations against the person of the late Awo.

They keep spewing falsehoods passed down from the Biafra war about Awo down to their kids. They should look inwards more on the tribal politics of their past and present political leaders before pointing fingers at the usual scapegoats - the Yorubas.

You won't see an Igbo person without the usual falsehoods about Awo and what he stood for.

Please sir . i just sent you a mail. Dadebayo need urgent response from you

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Feb 2023 v Feb 2024: Prices Of Rice, Garri, Yam soar By Over 100% – NBS / Buhari Directs Malami To Return Zainab Aliyu Awaiting Execution For Drug Traffic / Akpabio Loses At Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.