Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:43 AM

Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria (25160 Views)

Fubara Sent People 2 Burn Rivers Assembly Complex, Raised Ethnic Politics - Wike / 2023: Obi Introduced Religious, Ethnic Politics In Nigeria – Chimaroke Nnamani / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Newton85: 11:13am On Mar 23, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Awolowo thought he could poke nature without consequences, of course he died shamelessly by taking rat poison ( Personal and inflicted suicide) regretting his actions...

Not only did he introduced ethnic politics, he also introduced the use of sniper as a sharp way to ending ones life...
Still far better than the degenerate scoundrel Ojukwu (may he rest in pieces) dying of heart attack after he saw a picture legendary LovePeddler Bianca giving FFK a Mouth Gig

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 23, 2021
Subsidybad21:
If you want to understand the 'anger' towards Awo, go back to the early 1950's and Awo's tribalist sabotaging of Azikiwe's attempt to become Premier of the Western region....or the late 1950's and NCNC's decision to align with the NPC, and not the AG...and then the 1962 Treason trial.

Some wounds die hard.

Don't be silly.

Azikiwe allowed an Igbo man to be premier of Eastern region while he, an eastern man wanted to come and become premier of Western region.

Isn't that the height of stupidity?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by omoharry(f): 11:14am On Mar 23, 2021
BSdetector:

Stfu you stupid fool.....my family and I campaigned for Jonathan in the last election in ibadan, financially speaking we had more to gain from the jonathan administration than buhari and same as alot of Yoruba's like me, tinubu's only mistake was supporting a failure called buhari to power....should we crucify him for that? This man built Lagos, a non oil producing state even to what it is now even when obasanjo denied him federal allocation, he may be a thief but he didn't take his loot to Switzerland or Spain, he raised technocrats and governors who have done quite exceptionally well....should we in the SW support PDP or criminals like bode George, you idiots seem to always have hot takes and advice for south westerners when your Niger delta region is an embarrassment to Nigeria, your leaders are known career criminals who steal community wealth and bring it to lagos to flex, their kids are either attending schools in the south west or abroad, the lakes, rivers and natural habitat of your stink hole of a region has been destroyed by oil spills and bunkering leaving your fishermen with no source of livelyhood, you guys earn 13% from oil revenues but don't have anything to show for it....the igbenedion family bleeped, raped and ruined Edo state via lucky, Alamieyeseigha, ibori likewise ruined and passionately ruined their respective states beyond redemption, the south east is basically a shithole. Focus more on your damned region maybe it would reduce the number of economic rats coming into the south west.
lol..I am not a PDP nor APC..I am not like you that sorround yourself with party politics.I dont do that.I vote base on who the person is than which party he is from. As for the Niger Delta pollution..why dont you ask your leaders in the paste why they pulluted a once green arear becos it the the only region that provide your daily meal?Do you think if the oil companies based in Lagos do not pay tax as a result of the crude explore and gas they get from Nigeri Delta, your Lagos with be the milk and honey that is it? Do not bite the hands that feed your sorry ass ok?
One thing about me is that, I acknowledge the failures of our leaders, which I never disputed, but I am way better than you, that would rather eat the crumbs that falls from he table of corrupt politicians that say things the way things are.

The people of the Niger Delta have continued to suffer the effect of what provide countrys main source of income and your dare raise your gutter mouth to badmouth our polluted enviroment?Even the Fed govt cannot clean up the damages that they have done over the years.
So many people have raised issues over these problems with various agitation here and there and what they did was to provide them with amnesty so as to calm freyed nerves and allow few to get rich while the poor wallow in the same polluted environment cause by the Nigeria govt so that the country can be sustained and continue business as usual.
You can insult our leaders and politicians, becos they deserve it, since there are corrupt and a disappointment to our region but don't ever open that gutter mouth of your to insult the polluted environment caused by years of oil spillage caused by years of oil exploration, so that the country can survive, since it happens to be our major source of income.

Do you think as it is, Nigeria can survive without oil? where do you think the oil comes from? the Gas companies and oil companies in Lagos that have continued to be a boost to the tax revenue of Lagos, where do you think the oil is coming from? You talk so passionately about your Demi god Tinubu but at the same time you talk stupidly without thinking.

Like I said..mark my word..your Tinubu will never smell Aso Rock..With the right support and sponsorship, A Fashola and Osibanjo have more leverage than him..Even if he has all the money in the world to play around with and to even buy over your own very conscience & soul ,it will not change who he is. He can be a kingmaker since that is what he good with anyway.
Anyway, enough with you and your die hard Tinubu . I leave you with your opinion and what you stand for, so will I maintain mine.No hard feelings.Bye.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Neoteny(m): 11:15am On Mar 23, 2021
damosky12:

Yorubas can't be the most tribalistic people in the country and, at the same time, the most accommodating people.

Making such a blatant generalized accusation against a tribe is criminal! On what concrete premise would such a fallacy be blamed?

On the premise of constant bellyaching and penchant for making a great deal of noise, which essentially amounts to a storm in a teacup.

And how are they accommodating when they're constantly fighting hausas, igbos and now fulanis, what's tiger-scratched sunday igboho's crusade all about?

Yorubas demonized the entire fulani stock because of a few miscreants, and hate and disparage the hausas.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Neoteny(m): 11:16am On Mar 23, 2021
PoloG:
you are sick

That may be true.

But there's no contest that you're irredeemably stupid.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 23, 2021
Goke7:

The igbos covet all they see with the yorubas. Drag them to one corner and they will vomit the truth. Their problem is that they cannot innovate and be original hence they want to copy and have everything the see and hear about the yorubas.

For me I don't loose a sleep whenever they come with their rhetoric. I only wish them well to have a future generation that will be original and be proud of their identity instead of trying to be what they cannot and have what cannot be theirs. Their older generation really did lots of damage and most times I sympatesize with them. Blaming others for your woes only shows your level of strength and lack of innovation.

True. And they keep transferring the seed of hate from generation to the next like Olympic torch.

That won't stop them from coming to Yorubaland still to make a life for themselves. All they need do is carry the hatred along with them and make sure they plant it in the hearts of their children.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by BSdetector: 11:21am On Mar 23, 2021
FrLukas:

I swear down.

One week on Nairaland and they understand what's going on.

The reason some of them still don't support a YORUBA nation is because they be thinking, "awwww...so I won't see my Igbo friends again. We will now be in different countries, blah blah blah..."

They need to listen to Nnamdi Kanu's rhetorics, they will wake up fast.

Those yoruba fools are the most ignorant of all, watch an Igbo man closely.... he'd only befriend a Yoruba if he/she has something to gain, they'll support you and hail you if you're rich and have something to offer them or you're married to their sister.....look what's happening with that adeleke boy called davido, he's surrounded himself with snakes, rats and scorpions but he doesn't know, they're hailing him and calling him inlaw but he'd be surprised what would happen when shit hits the fan. Issue with this group of Yoruba's is that they never realize it until it happens.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by harjay1986: 11:21am On Mar 23, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
That is true, he planned a coup in 1966 and kill all responsible people in Igbo land

how can someone not part of the military plan coup, how many mention how many igbo people die during the coup

hope you have not forget that still the same Igbo that change Nigeria constitution from regional which is perffect made that will even benefit every rigion but a thief will never appreciate what he has at hand

3 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 23, 2021
BSdetector:

Those yoruba fools are the most ignorant of all, watch an Igbo man closely.... he'd only befriend a Yoruba if he/she has something to gain, they'll support you and hail you if you're rich and have something to offer them or you're married to their sister.....look what's happening with that adeleke boy called davido, he's surrounded himself with snakes, rats and scorpions but he doesn't know, they're hailing him and calling him inlaw but he'd be surprised what would happen when shit hits the fan. Issue with this group of Yoruba's is that they never realize it until it happens.

It is obvious we don't share the same core values with them.

I hope we get our Yoruba nation soon.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by BSdetector: 11:29am On Mar 23, 2021
omoharry:
lol..I am not a PDP nor APC..I am not like you that sorround yourself with party politics.I dont do that.I vote base on who the person is than which party he is from. As for the Niger Delta pollution..why dont you ask your leaders in the paste why they pulluted a once green arear becos it the the only region that provide your daily meal?Do you think if the oil companies based in Lagos do not pay tax as a result of the crude explore and gas they get from Nigeri Delta, your Lagos with be the milk and honey that is it? Do not bite the hands that feed your sorry ass ok?
One thing about me is that, I acknowledge the failures of our leaders, which I never disputed, but I am way better than you, that would rather eat the crumbs that falls from he table of corrupt politicians that say things the way things are.

The people of the Niger Delta have continued to suffer the effect of what provide countrys main source of income and your dare raise your gutter mouth to badmouth our polluted enviroment?Even the Fed govt cannot clean up the damages that they have done over the years.
So many people have raised issues over these problems with various agitation here and there and what they did was to provide them with amnesty so as to calm freyed nerves and allow few to get rich while the poor wallow in the same polluted environment cause by the Nigeria govt so that the country can be sustained and continue business as usual.
You can insult our leaders and politicians, becos they deserve it, since there are corrupt and a disappointment to our region but don't ever open that gutter mouth of your to insult the polluted environment caused by years of oil spillage caused by years of oil exploration, so that the country can survive, since it happens to be our major source of income.

Do you think as it is, Nigeria can survive without oil? where do you think the oil comes from? the Gas companies and oil companies in Lagos that have continued to be a boost to the tax revenue of Lagos, where do you think the oil is coming from? You talk so passionately about your Demi god Tinubu but at the same time you talk stupidly without thinking.

Like I said..mark my word..your Tinubu will never smell Aso Rock..With the right support and sponsorship, A Fashola and Osibanjo have more leverage than him..Even if he has all the money in the world to play around with and to even buy over your own very conscience & soul ,it will not change who he is. He can be a kingmaker since that is what he good with anyway.
Anyway, enough with you and your die hard Tinubu . I leave you with your opinion and what you stand for, so will I maintain mine.No hard feelings.Bye.

Niger Delta oil is what feeds the south west..... rubbish, yet the feeders can't feed themselves, stupid fvcktard.....ibadan alone is a 400year old city do you think it's the black gold you idiots shit out your asses that sustained us, University of ibadan, University of Ife( the stanford of Nigeria) do you think it's your stupid oil that built these schools, you're moving mad. Fvck off.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Funkeshuga(m): 11:35am On Mar 23, 2021
Sirjamo:
What useless tribal politics is this one talking about?

Regionalism means every region should govern itself, why would a Igbo man leaves his region and want to be premiere in another? Must be greediness and longer throat.

That single act of kicking Azikiwe back to Nnewi was the best thing Awolowo did in his life time. Igbo of today would have been mocking us, telling us that their forefathers colonized our ancestors on our own land. God rest your soul Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo.

I AM DONE TALKING

from Igbo politicians, leaders and their citizens have reach another height of insanity that no one should take those banga eating specimen serious

No matter what these fools feel or see Awo. Awo remained the best thing that ever happened to Yoruba nation and that's what matters. his people mean so much to him than one terrorist aboki and one over greedy ediot Igbo

Awo technological blue print and educational development is what this retrogressive country made up of cow in North and mud hate filled bamboon in east are still enjoying till date

Rest on Pa Awolowo, Yoruba nation will forever be proud of you

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by orlaglobal234: 11:35am On Mar 23, 2021
Monogamy:
This bitter small boy again

So Awolowo should have allowed ZIK to rule Yoruba by being premier of Western region?

This people really transferred hatred to their unborn pikin
Honestly that's the problem of Igbos people they keep telling their children fake story untrue story about Yorubas because they hate Yorubas soo much but Yorubas we remain on top any day anytime

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by smallsmall: 11:37am On Mar 23, 2021
PRINCIPLED People, like Pa Awolowo, always "appear" Rigid and Unforgiving, to people of Unstable and Dubious Character because such Principled people stay true to their core Values and would not bend to the whims and Caprices of dubious people without a strong foundation based on truth.
If everyone remains unflinching in doing what is Right, Nigeria would not be the abyss it is today

Yes, people also tell me l am "inflexible" just because l wont accept bribe or pretend something is what it is not.
But l will continue to remain true to what is Truth.

Nigeria of today, is unwelcoming and very unfavourable to PRINCIPLED individuals because absurd and evil things have become the Acceptable Norm.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by damosky12(m): 11:45am On Mar 23, 2021
Neoteny:

On the premise of constant bellyaching and penchant for making a great deal of noise, which essentially amounts to a storm in a teacup.

"Making a great deal of noise" where exactly? In your bedroom? Be logical and pellucid.

And how are they accommodating when they're constantly fighting hausas, igbos and now fulanis, what's tiger-scratched sunday igboho's crusade all about?

"Constantly fighting hausas, Igbos..." grin They fought them so much that thousands of Igbos and hausas troop into Ibadan, Ogun, and Lagos, on a daily basis.

They constantly fought Igbos and hausas that these tribes see the West as their second home. I am sure your family has at least someone in the West.

Why bite the fingers that feed you?

Yorubas demonized the entire fulani stock because of a few miscreants, and hate and disparage the hausas.

Using the recent attempts to get rid of recent killer herdsmen as a point only goes to show how petty your "premises" are.

"A few miscreants" who have unleashed terror on them in their homes, threatening their existence!

Come on! Stop being inhumane. Do you know these "few miscreants"?

To say the Yorubas are intolerant is almost repugnant to thought. The same Yoruba tribe that PEACEABLY houses tens of millions of people from every single tribe in the country? Or which?

Are you just being funny?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by orlaglobal234: 11:47am On Mar 23, 2021
Igbos can never like Awolowo for anything because of the role Baba Awo played during the civil war but Awo will remain greatest ever even above their father Ojukwu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by kayjay69(m): 11:52am On Mar 23, 2021
I believe the erratic but sometimes factual Mr Femi Fani-Kayode addresses this topic some years ago in a series of well written articles published in ThisDay newspaper.

From verifiable evidence, it was politicians of igbo origin who introduced ethnic-motivated politics dating back to the 1940s. There are verifiable quotes to backup these statements, none are false because none have been debunked till date.

What Mr Chidoka may be referring to is probably in relation to Azikiwe's loss at the hands of Awolowo in a bid to becoming Western Premier in the 1950s. He may have some facts even though some argue that Awolowo's stance of ethnic and regional independence dictated his politics as against Zik's pan-africanism and one Nigeria stance. However, if we argue that Awolowo introduced ethnic politics in the 1950s, what did Zik do upon his defeat at the hands of Awolowo and returning to the Eastern region? I believe he did exactly what he accused Awolowo of, deposing the then acting or deputy Eastern Premiere who was from Akwa Ibom and using his newspapers to fuel ethnic politics in the Eastern Region.

Do I think Awolowo's politics in the 1950s were ethnically motivated? YES. Was he the only one who did it? NO
His politics at this particular time was never about harming igbos, destroying igbos and so forth. I believe it was simply about who should govern the western region and I believe it should have been a Yoruba man. The fallout from the 1950s election was that Zik and his supporters then went on to accuse Awolowo of what Mr Chidoka now refers to whilst hiding the fact that Zik himself did same in the Eastern region. Now fast forward to the early 60s and Zik chose to not form a unity government with Awolowo's AG because he most probably felt wronged by the events of the 50s and I guess he believed he could manuevre the Hausa-Fulanis. Awolowo at this time saw them for what they were, but same Awolowo later joined forces with them (one of my many criticism of Awolowo). I still believe if these two were able to form a government nothing would have held back the entire Southern Nigeria and we could have been more than what we are today. It is also true that Awolowo's policies post-civil war led to Igbos suffering heavy economic losses, something I totally disagree with and heavily criticize him for till today.

Awolowo was far from a saint and I have defended as well as called out his legacy on several occasions. This historical revisionist exercise by Mr Chidoka is quite unfortunate, as the saying goes, do not throw stones if you live in a glass house.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by onoja12: 11:56am On Mar 23, 2021
I have notice that the igbo quote history only from the part where something was done to them,they leave out the critical part of the sins they committed.mr minister both yourself and your father are economical with the truth,awo should forgive who?tell the younger what sin azikiwe committed against awo that lead him to take such positions,equally tell us how since 1954 infact the very first people to put tribalism and ethnic control as a topic in the history of the country where awzikwe and ojuku senior ,so spare us this your economic historical account.

uote author=nairavsdollars post=100119563]Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/awolowo-was-unforgiving-introduced-ethnic-politics-to-nigeria-chidoka/[/quote]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Goke7: 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2021
omoharry:

Fashola or osinbajo persons I even prefer cannot be president without Tinubu support base so you guys should be very clear on this Tinubu matter, whether he becomes president or not he will continue to remain more relevant in nigerian politics for many years to come. It's not his fault or your region leaders fault that he is so powerful. He has earned it and if you want to beat him at his game, pls slug it out with him in the political battle Field.

You guys hate Buhari so much yet you have so much expectations of him to finish off Tinubu. Are you guys that bereft of tact to finish him off yourselves?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Youngmaster0(m): 12:16pm On Mar 23, 2021
melvinjames:
Awolowo was such a tribalist an Igbo party was the opposition in Western house of assebly shebi?
yea bcus NCNC got some much vote from the province now Delta and Edo state which gave the party right to become leader of opposition
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Kim1: 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2021
you're talking nonsense if ur people did half of what awolowo put into Nigerian maybe we will be a better nation now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 12:30pm On Mar 23, 2021
kettykin:

No because of the platform he used to achieve that, he overnight caused all yoruba speaking members of the party to cross carpet
Go and check your facts very well. An Urhobo man was among those who crosscarpetd from NCNC to AG. Then Pa Awodi representing the Kukuruku Division (now Edo-North Senatorial District) crosscarpetd in favor of Zik i.e. from AG to NCNC during the said crosscarpeting saga meaning that Zik too benefited from the crosscarpeting but only used it to whip up sentiments being a bad loser. Though Zik would later admit in his book 'My Odyssey' that he actually didn't win that election crosscarpeting or no crosscarpeting.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by okigbojihad: 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2021
waleadeagb:
Nigeria has always been a very complicated country right from inception. To the students of history, they could remember that it was Nnamdi Azikwe that started politics of ethnicity in Nigeria and even joyfully dashed leadership to the north cos of his greedy and selfish interest....not even the interest of the Ibos but a personal interest which later boomeranged to the level of killing millions of Ibos during the civil war. Northern region from beginning never wanted to be part of Nigeria but Zik subtily like a snake sneaked out to meet and consolidate arrangement with the northern region abandoning the scheduled meeting he called for at Asaba with Awolowo western group.

Zik was afraid that if he should agree to team up with Western region who are as educated or even more than the eastern and northern region, more exposes and politically smart, he assumed and believed that he wouldn't be able to push or ride the western region as compared to the educational backward, lack lustre and politically illiterates north but advantageously more populated. So the crazy Zik eloped with the Hausa Fulani and agreed to team up with them during the referendum for independent which worked very well in their favour by Zik becoming the decoration sit down look inactive ceremonial president of Nigeria while Tafa Balewa became the prime minister who really called the shots and infact the British ordained leader of Nigeria. Mother fuckker Zik was happy and satisfied that his aspiration was fulfilled been a ceremonial president without power of action but just fronting and nothing more. Awolowo and western region which included Delta and Edo then were shocked by this let down but the Ibos were happy and celebrated it openly that they are owner of Nigeria by the position of Zik.
Let me summarise please.....the Northern agenda started manifesting right from here like Hausa Fulani filling all the civil service jobs , the military etc....without being qualify due to the position of the prime minister as a northerner with a mind to fulfil Northern agenda. Severally they had cabinet meeting without allowing the Zik of Africa to be part of the meeting. Zik was frustrated and torn into pieces which also manifested in the Ibos cos the Ibos became vindictive and angry. This anger gave rise to the first military coup called Ibo coup by the Hausa Fulani cos they killed the prime minister and the Northern premier.....and my brothers and sisters.....if you need to know more....try and do research and read very well..... Ibos were betrayal right from onset and were never a sincere tribe which is even reflecting in their way of lives today....they can't live in their place cos they will kill themselves before you know it but we Yorubas knows this facts and that's why we accommodate them in our lands and importantly we have more in common with them than the Hausa Fulani but Yorubas still know that a half killed snake is more dangerous......please do research and study before you abuse any tribe.... Ibos are the most ethnic bigots we have in this country even though nobody give a damn about that any longer but all we need and want now is separation..... Thanks

ibadan expressway media,Igbos were far more educated and smarter than there yoruba counter part in the early 19th century..reason akintola nd co were all screaming Igbo domination.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Sirjamo: 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2021
Onepeople:
love the way you construct your words and at the same time pass your message without offending anyone, it shows maturity, if only other members of this forum will follow suit.
Thanks bro
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by omoharry(f): 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2021
Goke7:

Fashola or osinbajo persons I even prefer cannot be president without Tinubu support base so you guys should be very clear on this Tinubu matter, whether he becomes president or not he will continue to remain more relevant in nigerian politics for many years to come. It's not his fault or your region leaders fault that he is so powerful. He has earned it and if you want to beat him at his game, pls slug it out with him in the political battle Field.

You guys hate Buhari so much yet you have so much expectations of him to finish off Tinubu. Are you guys that bereft of tact to finish him off yourselves?
Finish off Tinubu ke? Who cares, after all, he was the one that brought Buhari in when he could have picked other options in the presidential race..Tambuwa was there and other Northerners that were much younger and not as nepotistic as Buhari...But he picked Buhari, then packaged and sold him to Nigerians. Knowing fully well that this man is a fanatic, a dictator and a tribal leader.
I admire Tinubu and his contribution to the political terrain of Nigeria and I acknowledge his relevance in the politics in recent time but we never forgive him for bringing Buhari onboard
.If not for Tinubu, this fanatic would have retired to his cow loving career. Now are being told that our fathers land belong to the Fulanis and therefore they are free to graze their cow where ever they choose .They raped, maim and kill anyone that opposes them.They have brought this nonsense to the south and they appear to be more daring than ever before becos their son is in power and they know they have the Fed govt and the Military to defend them.
So I don't care if Buhari deals with Tinubu( which i know will not happen), becos he brought this calamity upon us...At least let him feel a pinch of what his bad choice has brought upon us.
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by nairavsdollars(f): 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2021
his statement is sarcastic.
harjay1986:

how can someone not part of the military plan coup, how many mention how many igbo people die during the coup

hope you have not forget that still the same Igbo that change Nigeria constitution from regional which is perffect made that will even benefit every rigion but a thief will never appreciate what he has at hand

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Dagrace01(m): 12:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Awolowo thought he could poke nature without consequences, of course he died shamelessly by taking rat poison ( Personal and inflicted suicide) regretting his actions...

Not only did he introduced ethnic politics, he also introduced the use of sniper as a sharp way to ending ones life...

Damn you for speaking of Awo like that..
Ur own Azikiwe started it all, he's a backstabber and an ignorant who sold the South to the North just because he wanna become president..
Ur bigotry won't let u see that, go and read what happened ur so called zik and Ojukwu ur demi-god..
Awowolo later succumb to bettering the lot of only the westerners after zik had betrayed him, and there's nothing bad in that. zik sold his soul to the devil and there's nothing Awo can can do about it. zik's misgivings led to the civil war, read well B4 u come here to spill trash.
Omo irankiran oshi

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Goke7: 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2021
omoharry:
Finish off Tinubu ke? Who cares, after all, he was the one that brought Buhari in when he could have picked other options in the presidential race..Tambuwa was there and other Northerners that were much younger and not as nepotistic as Buhari...But he picked Buhari, then packaged and sold him to Nigerians. Knowing fully well that this man is a fanatic, a dictator and a tribal leader.
I admire Tinubu and his contribution to the political terrain of Nigeria and I acknowledge his relevance in the politics in recent time but we never forgive him for bringing Buhari onboard
.If not for Tinubu, this fanatic would have retired to his cow loving career. Now are being told that our fathers land belong to the Fulanis and therefore they are free to graze their cow where ever they choose .They raped, maim and kill anyone that opposes them.They have brought this nonsense to the south and they appear to be more daring than ever before becos their son is in power and they know they have the Fed govt and the Military to defend them.
So I don't care if Buhari deals with Tinubu( which i know will not happen), becos he brought this calamity upon us...At least let him feel a pinch of what his bad choice has brought upon us.

So you think Tambuwal and others are better? grin I laugh in urhobo

What has the likes of Tambuwal, his zamfara counterpart and other northern governors who are much younger in your own words done to finish off banditry ravaging their states?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Goke7: 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2021
onoja12:
I have notice that the igbo quote history only from the part where something was done to them,they leave out the critical part of the sins they committed.mr minister both yourself and your father are economical with the truth,awo should forgive who?tell the younger what sin azikiwe committed against awo that lead him to take such positions,equally tell us how since 1954 infact the very first people to put tribalism and ethnic control as a topic in the history of the country where awzikwe and ojuku senior ,so spare us this your economic historical account.

uote author=nairavsdollars post=100119563]Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/awolowo-was-unforgiving-introduced-ethnic-politics-to-nigeria-chidoka/

As far as the igbos are concerned they are always right while others are wrong.

Have you noticed when yorubas are mocked in the media or social media, the igbos easily catch cruise with it but just one word to tease them, they start crying all over the place abusing everybody.

Osita is right on Awo they will say but doyin okupe is wrong to say the north has not forgiven the igbos for 1966 coup. Their matter don tire me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Neoteny(m): 1:23pm On Mar 23, 2021
damosky12:

"Making a great deal of noise" where exactly? In your bedroom? Be logical and pellucid.

"Constantly fighting hausas, Igbos..." grin They fought them so much that thousands of Igbos and hausas troop into Ibadan, Ogun, and Lagos, on a daily basis.

They constantly fought Igbos and hausas that these tribes see the West as their second home. I am sure your family has at least someone in the West.

Why bite the fingers that feed you?

Using the recent attempts to get rid of recent killer herdsmen as a point only goes to show how petty your "premises" are.

"A few miscreants" who have unleashed terror on them in their homes, threatening their existence!

Come on! Stop being inhumane. Do you know these "few miscreants"?

To say the Yorubas are intolerant is almost repugnant to thought. The same Yoruba tribe that PEACEABLY houses tens of millions of people from every single tribe in the country? Or which?

Are you just being funny?

You actually think I've time to read and respond to that drivel above?
Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 23, 2021
FrLukas:

Don't be silly.

Azikiwe allowed an Igbo man to be premier of Eastern region while he, an eastern man wanted to come and become premier of Western region.

Isn't that the height of stupidity?

Actually the head of the eastern region at the time was a SS minority. He waa displaced by zik after the whole western region issue died down

2 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by benji93: 1:34pm On Mar 23, 2021
I can understand your frustration, which is justified given your people were at the receiving end of the action. But what did you expect him to do? keep you in the western region after you decided to leave? You chose to leave, and of course any leader would hate a sub-region that decides to cut themselves out. Maybe the question should be, why did some of the people of the midwestern region decide to stay after they had voted to leave? More like they had no idea what they were doing. It seems, carving out the midwestern region wasn't well calculated. The leaders that agitated for this on behalf of their people should have considered that a forced exodus of their people from cities in the western region could result from it.
Oghene1st:

And he was against self determination by the Igbos? Go and research about the politics played by Midwest politicians. Awolowo was against it. It was a sound political exercise by Midwest leaders. And after the referendum, you guys drove the midwesterners out of Ibadan and that is respect for self determination? You all can lick his ass but you see mudwesterners, they don't even talk about him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka: Awolowo Was Unforgiving, Introduced Ethnic Politics To Nigeria by BSdetector: 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
benji93:
I can understand your frustration, which is justified given your people were at the receiving end of the action. But what did you expect him to do? keep you in the western region after you decided to leave? You chose to leave, and of course any leader would hate a sub-region that decides to cut themselves out. Maybe the question should be, why did some of the people of the midwestern region decide to stay after they had voted to leave? More like they had no idea what they were doing. It seems, carving out the midwestern region wasn't well calculated. The leaders that agitated for this on behalf of their people should have considered that a forced exodus of their people from cities in the western region could result from it.

God bless you....I don't understand some of the shit this people talk at times....you voted to leave the region but you're angry that you were kicked out of the region....same as most igbos; you want biafra and freedom for Igbo land but you don't want to leave Lagos.....imagine the children of Isreal saying they want to leave Egypt but still want to remain in Cairo.... they're a seriously confused set of human beings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Malami: "EFCC Recovered $2tn From Looters In 12 Years" / How Can You Sleep While Owing Workers? | Buhari Blasts Governors / Boko Haram Leaders Have Relocated To Southern Kaduna From Sambisa: SSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.