Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,817 members, 7,956,083 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:08 AM

What Advantantages Does Monogamy Have Over Poligamy And Vice Versa - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Advantantages Does Monogamy Have Over Poligamy And Vice Versa (494 Views)

Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy / Do Women Get Tired Of Making Love With Their Husband And Vice Versa? / Agony Of Monogamy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Advantantages Does Monogamy Have Over Poligamy And Vice Versa by Electrochemistry(m): 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2021
Considering the hardship that majority of men go through in life am always taken aback when people make plans to marry an additional wife even when they are not well to do. Why can't they enjoy a relatively higher standard of living and deal with the headache of one wife rather than taking on the greater responsibities that come with two or more wives and giving birth to people they can't train properly? Perhaps there are some benefits that are associeted with it that make them to subscribe to polygamy overlooking all conditions and uncertainties of our daily existence. Also, what do you consider that makes you to take monogamy ahead of polygamy I need to learn from experienced nairalanders. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Advantantages Does Monogamy Have Over Poligamy And Vice Versa by Hashabiah: 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2021
Polygamy has no advantage whatsoever. Anyone who claims its has is only deceiving himself.

1 Like

Re: What Advantantages Does Monogamy Have Over Poligamy And Vice Versa by Bornsinner7: 7:19pm On Mar 23, 2021
Back then in school.. a Muslim lecturer told us that he can't marry more than one wife because he knows it is impossible for him to love two or more persons equally...

You see davido trying hard to build a relationship with his kids by spending time with each of them one after the other just so he can maintain equal relationship with all..

Like the guy stated above.. No advantage in polygamy.. except for places where marriage is business so the more daughters you have the more bride price you collect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Advantantages Does Monogamy Have Over Poligamy And Vice Versa by Mindlog: 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2021
Would love the insights of those who were raised in polygamous set up.

1 Like

Re: What Advantantages Does Monogamy Have Over Poligamy And Vice Versa by ridwanlawal: 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2021
Those who grew up in the polygamous home can really say much about it

1 Like

Re: What Advantantages Does Monogamy Have Over Poligamy And Vice Versa by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 24, 2021
Mindlog:
Would love the insights of those who were raised in polygamous set up.

no peace at all, right from childhood( which has affected me alot) the most annoying part is dad is late, but there is still argument and quarrel over propertise. Anger, suspision and hatred everywhere cause relatives choose side. Person just tire.

2 Likes

Re: What Advantantages Does Monogamy Have Over Poligamy And Vice Versa by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 24, 2021
Grew up in a polygamous family. Hmm, all went well not untill dad got us into the mess we are in. It not easy at all but what can we do.

Waking up every morning at the sound of mum and step mum quarrels over litte things unfortunately, each children do take side with his/her mum.

Sharing of propertise whahala Or the part where one
most at times felt unloved and cheated, cause you will NEVER i repeat NEVER love and please both at thesame time.

abeg i knw wan spoil my mood this morning.

2 Likes

Re: What Advantantages Does Monogamy Have Over Poligamy And Vice Versa by efficiencie(m): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2021
Men are like plugs and plugs can only fit into one socket at a time. There is no plug created by any engineer that fits into two or more sockets at the same time...polygamy is an error founded on the sinful nature of man.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

“His Manhood Is Too Big ” – Woman Begs Court To End Her One-week Old Marriage / Retired Commissioner Beats His 4th Wife To Coma In Lagos.. Can Justice Be Serve / Advice Concerning : Cutting The Connection Between My Wife And Her Male Besty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.