Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1164 Views)

One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son / My Wife Is Frustrating My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by DSS1335: 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2021
H
Re: . by HarunaWest(m): 11:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
Leave religion matter...Let's face reality small.. This is Africa. You desecrated your dad resting place and you have been told that his spirit isn't happy. It's left for you to stick to your faith or believe in the ways of your forefathers..
Maybe this is a test of faith who knows. Just maybe, it is the panacea to your imbroglio.. Nevertheless I will implore you to jettison your plans of renting that place or even living there all together.
The initial mistake was the fact that he was buried inside the garage. It should have been somewhere else in the compound without encumbrance.
Don't go and buy goat for sombori. Ancestors don't eat animals, na babalawo and cohorts dey chop am.
Re: . by DSS1335: 11:51pm On Mar 23, 2021
HarunaWest:
Leave religion matter...Let's face reality small.. This is Africa. You desecrated your dad resting place and you have been told that his spirit isn't happy. It's left for you to stick to your faith or believe in the ways of your forefathers..
Maybe this is a test of faith who knows. Just maybe, it is the panacea to your imbroglio.. Nevertheless I will implore you to jettison your plans of renting that place or even living there all together.
The initial mistake was the fact that he was buried inside the garage. It should have been somewhere else in the compound without encumbrance.
Don't go and buy goat for sombori. Ancestors don't eat animals, na babalawo and cohorts dey chop am.

Thank you for your honest input Sir, the bolded statement captured my thought all the time. It was really a huge mistake
Re: . by KevMitnick: 11:51pm On Mar 23, 2021
Why do I feel like your uncle is behind the whole shit and is blaming a man who can't defend himself? Don't be so naive, keep your plans away from your dad's younger brother and get closer to God in prayers and see what will happen. A man's enemies are those of his own household. Be careful, be wise.

5 Likes

Re: . by DSS1335: 11:56pm On Mar 23, 2021
KevMitnick:
Why do I feel like your uncle is behind the whole shit and is blaming a man who can't defend himself? Don't be so naive, keep your plans away from your dad's younger brother and get closer to God in prayers and see what will happen. A man's enemies are those of his own household. Be careful, be wise.

This exactly what my wife was telling me too. She said she suspected my uncle having uterior motive as he wasn't doing well, that he could have invoked a contrary spirit without my knowledge. I and my sibling are the one who often support him. He is truly an irresponsible man

1 Like

Re: . by chatinent: 11:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
Eccl. 9:5, 10: “The dead are conscious of nothing.”

It is left for you to believe what the Bible says or be left with traditional lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Righteousness2(m): 12:02am On Mar 24, 2021
You don't need to buy any goat, cow or salt for anything!
Doing that will open you up to more Nonsense!

Follow the Admonishment of the @Kevmitnick.
Get into a Genuie relationship with JESUS.
Go into Prayers , Bind and Cancel what you don't like.
Be swift to Hear and slow to Speak.
The Real Enemy may just be within.
Note; don't go handling it Physically with Him. Handel him in the Spirtual. He will give way.

2 Likes

Re: . by DSS1335: 12:08am On Mar 24, 2021
chatinent:

It is left for you to believe what the Bible says or be left with traditional lies.

This particular verse is well known part my late Dad use to teach others when explaining the conditions of the dead hence the reasons I do not believe in all these superstitious tales of the spirit of a dead person.

1 Like

Re: . by DSS1335: 12:10am On Mar 24, 2021
Righteousness2:
You don't need to buy any goat, cow or salt for anything!
Doing that will open you up to more Nonsense!

Follow the Admonishment of the @Kevmitnick.
Get into a Genuie relationship with JESUS.
Go into Prayers , Bind and Cancel what you don't like.
Be swift to Hear and slow to Speak.
The Real Enemy may just be within.
Note; don't go handling it Physically with Him. Handel him in the Spirtual. He will give way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by chatinent: 12:11am On Mar 24, 2021
DSS1335:

This particular verse is well known part my late Dad use to teach others when explaining the conditions of the dead hence the reasons I do not believe in all these superstitious tales of the spirit of a dead person.

I have reminded you your dad doesn't want you believing in revamped lies from God's adversary: the devil.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 24, 2021
Common sense ain't common anymore.

Imagine finding solution to your problem but due to your religion fanatism you decided to be stwpid.

ignorance is indeed a luxury to some ppl.
Re: . by DSS1335: 9:36am On Mar 24, 2021
Catfishing:
Common sense ain't common anymore.

Imagine finding solution to your problem but due to your religion fanatism you decided to be stwpid.

ignorance is indeed a luxury to some ppl.

"There is a way that seems right to a man, But in the end it leads to death" Proverb 14:12.
The bible is the most reliable book of wisdom and knowledge, its truth will set you free from demonic tradition

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 24, 2021
You didn't remove his corpse Before building on it? No now. That's disrespectful.

So many landlords in my Area whose fathers were buried in their compounds normally exume the corpse if they want to build on the grave.

All I see here is greed though. You should have made do with ones he left for you but you still went ahead to build on top baba head. Kilode now.?

Pray and ask God to have Mercy on you for disrespecting your father. Then like righteouness said, bind and cast away any evil powers operating on that land. Youll see a turnaround.

3 Likes

Re: . by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:46am On Mar 24, 2021
Most Nigerians will have reservations about living on top of a grave. I feel someone usually leaks info to prospective tenants that the house was built on a grave...very possible, it's even your uncle.

First of all, no matter what you do, don't kill a goat. That's dabbling into fetishism. If you're truly a Christian, and believe in the power of the blood, pray over the building, sprinkle the blood, and loose every unholy bond surrounding the premises.

I also feel you have a moral duty to let prospective tenants know someone is buried underneath. lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: . by DSS1335: 10:54am On Mar 24, 2021
AsherAmari:
You didn't remove his corpse Before building on it? No now. That's disrespectful.

So many landlords in my Area whose fathers were buried in their compounds normally exume the corpse if they want to build on the grave.

All I see here is greed though. You should have made do with ones he left for you but you still went ahead to build on top baba head. Kilode now.?

Pray and ask God to have Mercy on you for disrespecting your father. Then like righteouness said, bind and cast away any evil powers operating on that land. Youll see a turnaround.

Thank you for your candid input, however, there is no such things as greed here bcs i am solely responsible for the welfare of my mum and siblings through the judicious management of all properties vested under my care. Through this, my youngest bro would soon graduate from Coventry university in UK, a feat my Late Dad couldn't have achieved if he where alive. The available properties would be shared when the youngest man return back home.

2 Likes

Re: . by royalamour(m): 11:01am On Mar 24, 2021
That was disrespectful of you. What were you thinking?

I mean...

I'm just speechless.

1 Like

Re: . by DSS1335: 11:03am On Mar 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
Most Nigerians will have reservations about living on top of a grave. I feel someone usually leads info to prospective tenants that the house was built on a grave...very possible, it's even your uncle.

First of all, no matter what you do, don't kill a goat. That's dabbling into fetishism. If you're truly a Christian, and believe in the power of the blood, pray over the building, sprinkle the blood, and loose every unholy bond surrounding the premises.

I also feel you have a moral duty to let prospective tenants know someone is buried underneath. lipsrsealed

Even our previous and present compound has been the resting place from my great grand parents to grand parents. Some of my uncles do serve their deities but my Dad has never ever dabbled into such while he was alive, and that partly explained why I didn't even give a thought about developing the property on where he was buried
Re: . by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 24, 2021
DSS1335:

Thank you for your candid input, however, there is no such things as greed here bcs i am solely responsible for the welfare of my mum and siblings through the judicious management of all properties vested under my care. Through this, my youngest bro would soon graduate from Coventry university in UK, a feat my Late Dad couldn't have achieved if he where alive. The available properties would be shared when the youngest man return back home.

Oh.. I see.

It is well. Just believe and look on the positive side of things.
Re: . by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:36am On Mar 24, 2021
DSS1335:

Even our previous and present compound has been the resting place from my great grand parents to grand parents. Some of my uncles do serve their deities but my Dad has never ever dabbled into such while he was alive, and that partly explained why I didn't even give a thought about developing the property on where he was buried

Pray over the situation then.
Re: . by SweetVibe: 11:59am On Mar 24, 2021
In as much as we are in a modern world, dont neglect or deny the spiritual realm, its real.

I have a question for you..How would your father feel if you told him while he is alive that you will build on his grave, will he feel happy?

That man is your blood and cell, he is your father physically and spiritually, if you really honour and respect him you wouldn't even think of doing that sacrilege of building in his grave.
DON'T ALLOW ANY RELIGIOUS FELLOW DECEIVE YOU HERE

1 Like

Re: . by Nooneonline(m): 1:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
Believe it or not ur father's spirit resides in that place. Go into that place every night from 12 a.m and pray fervently for a higher spirit to occupy the place (the Spirit of God). Do it untill u see changes. It could take a while depending on your faith.

If u don't believe me then ask urself why some houses are haunted by ghosts in this world.
And about praying in the middle of the night, that's because spirits come alive while men sleep. (Ask any priest BABALAWO u know y they only tell people to do sacrifices and rituals in the middle of the night.
If u don't still believe me ask urself why witches only have meetings or go to covens at night.
God Bless you
Re: . by grafixdon: 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
DSS1335:

Many thanks sir. This has truly invigorated my faith the more. I shall apply your counsel sir

Bro be very careful... Do not ignore your family advice. To be honest, you disrespected your father, to clear your conscience, do what you uncle advice you to do because if anything should happened, your mind will always go back to the incident. Apply wisdom this time not faith.
Re: . by DSS1335: 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2021
Nooneonline:
Believe it or not ur father's spirit resides in that place. Go into that place every night from 12 a.m and pray fervently for a higher spirit to occupy the place (the Spirit of God). Do it untill u see changes. It could take a while depending on your faith.

If u don't believe me then ask urself why some houses are haunted by ghosts in this world.
And about praying in the middle of the night, that's because spirits come alive while men sleep. (Ask any priest BABALAWO u know y they only tell people to do sacrifices and rituals in the middle of the night.
If u don't still believe me ask urself why witches only have meetings or go to covens at night.
God Bless you

Thank you for your honest advice, growing up under the strict guidance of my late Dad has thought me numerous lesson as a member of Jehovah's witnesses, we know that the believe that a person's spirit leaves on after death is one of the teaching of Satan and his demons and has been widely accepted by most churches today, but the Bible thought that when a person dies, he seized to exist and there will be resurrection of all faithful ones too. Evil spirit today can conjure the voice and image of a dead person and one might be tempted to believe that they are truly existing in the spiritual realm.
Re: . by DSS1335: 3:11pm On Mar 24, 2021
grafixdon:

Bro be very careful... Do not ignore your family advice. To be honest, you disrespected your father, to clear your conscience, do what you uncle advice you to do because if anything should happened, your mind will always go back to the incident. Apply wisdom this time not faith.

Thank you for your honest advice sir. I will never partake in sacrifice and pouring libations. The spiritual realm is very real but the dead ancestors are never part of this realm according to the scripture. Every sacrifices made would definitely lead to a result but who grant such result, definitely not from the True God who has forewarned us to keep away from everything associated with spiritism and divination
Re: . by Nooneonline(m): 4:22pm On Mar 24, 2021
DSS1335:

Thank you for your honest advice, growing up under the strict guidance of my late Dad has thought me numerous lesson as a member of Jehovah's witnesses, we know that the believe that a person's spirit leaves on after death is one of the teaching of Satan and his demons and has been widely accepted by most churches today, but the Bible thought that when a person dies, he seized to exist and there will be resurrection of all faithful ones too. Evil spirit today can conjure the voice and image of a dead person and one might be tempted to believe that they are truly existing in the spiritual realm.

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world and not after Christ. Col 2:8

I rest my case
Re: . by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
U make me think u aren't fully one of jws cos we don't accept the unbiblical teaching of immortality of man. Ur dad will be resurrected, in the resurrection, which I know u are aware of. However, info has been related to potential tenants that a person was burried underneath though, causing the chandlge of mind
Re: . by DSS1335: 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
Viknat:
U make me think u aren't fully one of jws cos we don't accept the unbiblical teaching of immortality of man. Ur dad will be resurrected, in the resurrection, which I know u are aware of. However, info has been related to potential tenants that a person was burried underneath though, causing the chandlge of mind

Bro, take time and read my statement so that u could understand my stand about immortality. I don't believe in it. Its one of the lies and teaching of demons

1 Like

Re: . by frozen70(f): 3:03am On Mar 29, 2021
DSS1335:
Hello dear Nairalanders!

I seriously need your input on this issue at hand.
I converted a garage where my late father was buried to a well designed self contained apartment.

The project is about 95% complete and I am unable to proceeds further which is the tiling of the veranda and painting due to paucity of fund. So I put it up for rent 2 months ago. A lot of people have been coming and they all showed interest in paying the money to enable me complete the job. Some ask for my account number to pay but all of sudden, they change their mind and never came back. The agents are equally tired as they can't really understand why the change of mind.

So my Late Dad's younger bro came to me after family meeting saying that I have desecrated the resting place of my Dad, that his spirit is very angry that is why I can never ever rent that apartment out. I should just cancel whatever intent I might have had and bear the lost and move on. Its either I stay in there or my younger sibling occupy the apartment, alternatively he and his family can stay in there as their won't be any problem.

I am the eldest among 5 siblings, my Dad died same month I completed my NYSC 11yrs ago. I have been leaving in a rented 1bedroom flat with my wife since 2013 after marriage, this money paid as rent is enough for me to execute tangible building on the vacant plot of land I bought in the city. After the birth of my 2nd child, I decided its time to return home as the head of Dad's family. As I have been acting in that capacity from town. Prior to my return, I have expanded, renovated almost all properties owned by my late father and rented out. I thought it wise to remodel the garage where he was buried in so as to shore up the total assets in the estate rather than space being empty and useless. I have expended all I had on this project and now seriously broke. Our estate is located in a very good serene and developed area, standard self-contained apartment here is N200k, 1bedroom flat is N350k. None of the properties has at anytime being unoccupied beyond 1week after the previous occupant vacate.

Now the solutions to this challenge according to my uncle is that I must appease to my late Dad's spirit for forgiveness and I must kill a goat and provide hot drink through which it will be done before anybody could accept to rent the apartment if not all the money expended on the project is a waste. Every others persons corroborated with his idea except I. I don't really believed in those superstitious tales that there is a spirit that survive after a person dies. My younger brother even came to me to tell me that my Dad appeared to him in dream, he was very sad and angry that I desecrated his resting place at the time I commenced the project by excavating the the top floor during the laying of bricks. He advise I should listen to my Uncle if not I will never be able to rent out the house.

My late Dad was a member of Jehovah's witnesses so also his children but after his death they no longer attend meeting but I personally maintain a strong link, that is why I am unperturbe about all these things because Satan's tactics are not unknown. Why he was alive, I know he does not believe in anything about the spirit of a dead person neither does partake in anything requiring any sort of sacrifices because of his faith in the bible truth.

So let me know what you guys think

CharlyG1 pls your attention is needed here sir

I think you did wrong renovating a garage where he is supposed to be resting and also putting it up for rentage

You shouldn't have done that and must put a stop to it to avoid any future effects

But if you say it doesn't matter, then expect more problems
Re: . by poshestmina(f): 9:58am On Mar 29, 2021
Spirituality is much more than the Carnal eyes and "wisdom"!
Re: . by jaszplus12(m): 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2021
chatinent:

Thanks for this comment! I've always advices people in this direction. Added to what you have said, Eccl6:12
For who knoweth what is good for man in this life, all the days of his vain life which he spendeth as a shadow? for who can tell a man what shall be after him under the sun?
Re: . by esthel(f): 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2021
I don't care whatever scriptures being quoted here, it is very disrespectful of you to turn your dad's resting place to an apartment, money isn't all to this life, he worked and left properties for you all to make do with, haba.
All I see is greed and that's my opinion.
Re: . by Adesuwag(m): 6:35am On Mar 30, 2021
Na so you like money reach?? So after all the hustling to build a house and leave a legacy for his children..you still won't allow the old man a restful place?? In his own property?? Like WTF!?

Be gone with your Bible quotes! You're playing with stagnancy!..allow the old man rest in peace!!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Best Place In Nigeria / This Might Make You Cry / Baby Boy Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.