Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) (59117 Views)

Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt / How Much Cargo Can The Largest Shipping Container Ship Really Hold? / 10 Biggest And Busiest Markets In Nigeria That Are Saving The Nation From Hunger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by Kharol1234: 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2021
Front page in 3..2...1
Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by Adeyinka12(m): 6:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
chelseamann:
Thank God it didn't happen in Naija... custom, government and area boys for don begin loot am one by one grin grin
Wahalai , for Nigeria it is a matter of hours, all those containers will become empty, tagging it to God blessing. Niger i hail !
Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by oseiwe(m): 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2021
Explorers:
Seen from above

Evergreen, a Taiwanese shipping company which owns the vessel, says a freak gust of wind blew the ship off course before it became struck after which it lost power and steering.

Egyptian officials overseeing the rescue operation discuss their options from on board a tugboat, as the stricken Ever Given is seen through the window.
I never knew that canal was this narrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by Ishilove: 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2021
Kobicove:
How did this happen?

Was the shop trying to make a U-Turn or what? angry
It was trying to make an illegal u-turn but their cup is full

1 Like

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by Asquare84(m): 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
Suez canal is a man made shipping root, so it possible for man to even develop a busy shipping root
Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by SamgoldBaba: 11:19pm On Mar 24, 2021
So strange..
Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by mytime24(f): 11:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
Generalwoodz:
Maybe there side mirror been break and they didn't replace it
lagos danfor driver spotted grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by mejai(m): 7:30am On Mar 25, 2021
mytime24:
lagos danfor driver spotted grin
I dey tell you. But if they could get Kazeem from mushin, he go turn the steering one hand and japa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by Hotspotbro(m): 9:48am On Mar 25, 2021
is this not the ship NYpost said drew a penis and a butt?
Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by Mrsoft3(m): 10:03am On Mar 25, 2021
Mutemenot:
Another hit from Explorer . The captain of the ship should be punished for his mistakes ... Meanwhile they must be an option b3fore the day runs off, I trust the white when it comes to emergency like this

Wat would you recommend? To solve the issue on ground

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by Racoon(m): 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2021
shocked This is massive mehn!
Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by Felabrity: 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2021
Traffic jam inside ocean cheesy

This shits are huge though

3 Likes

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by Golan007: 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2021
Generalwoodz:
Maybe there side mirror been break and they didn't replace it

Na for Ladipo market boys move am.

1 Like

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by fashrola(m): 9:00pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mutemenot:
Another hit from Explorer . The captain of the ship should be punished for his mistakes ... Meanwhile they must be an option b3fore the day runs off, I trust the white when it comes to emergency like this

Not the captain but the pilot onboard, whenever a ship calls into port, a pilot boards the ship and take over command and shows where the captain should ply (Even though the captain knows but it's a regulation), but from speculations about this incident, it was a wind that made ship go off course..

When it comes to ship incident, we do not make hasten conclusions till after investigation

Egypt is loosing about $9.8 Billion dollars per day because of this incident

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by Kebbiprince: 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mutemenot:
You showed u didn't read, illiterate. Wind blew it off control
Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by uniqueboi1(m): 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2021
Suez Canal again.

This happens there often. This is like the 2nd this year. The traffic there no be small when vessel hang.

1 Like

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 25, 2021
Trust Nigerians. Foodstuffs and fuel will soon add price in the market. They will say "container don hook for Egypt" grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by Babaken(m): 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2021
DAramis:
Wetin the ship pilot dey do that he or she can't navigate in that small route?
you mean the CAPTAIN.
Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by fashrola(m): 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2021
oseiwe:

I never knew that canal was this narrow.

But it's one of the busiest in the world..... My last voyage three years ago from Germany to China was a great one (Since it was my first time) and I really wanted to see the renowned Suez canal

It takes just 12 days to transit from Europe to Asia via Suez Canal, it saves fuel and transit time rather than using the western part of Africa to Asia which cost a lot fuel and transit time

To pass here, each shipping company spends close to $170,000 to $200,000 to pass through the Suez canal

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by Babaken(m): 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2021
Someone7:
Trust Nigerians. Foodstuffs and fuel will soon add price in the market. They will say "container don hook for Egypt" grin grin
mostly my Brother's from the east

2 Likes

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by fashrola(m): 9:07pm On Mar 25, 2021
Joysticks:
How this big ship with heavy loads can float on water beat my imagination.

Naval architecture!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by maasoap(m): 9:07pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mutemenot:

What mistakes?

Evergreen, a Taiwanese shipping company which owns the vessel, says a freak gust of wind blew the ship off course before it became struck after which it lost power and steering .
Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by emmadejust(m): 9:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
This sheep have sank deep into the soil, with it weight before it could stop at that position .. Discharging of the containers up to 40% will be the solution. I pray the propeller is still intact to start the engine

1 Like

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by lexy2014: 9:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
Righteousness2:
Nothing Suprised me in these crazy times!
The World itself has turned upside down.
It's unfortunate that the News Media do not show 20% of Events Shaking the world right now.

Something huge is on the Horizon !
Live Prepared!
JESUS is Coming

Can u give us d remaining 80% of d news?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by fashrola(m): 9:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
DenreleDave:
Are you sure about 20000 container abi u r kidding us?

How can it carry 20000 container?explorers

There are container ships that can carry more than 23500 containers

2 Likes

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by aidameoryou: 9:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
Henix:

Nairaland's resident pastor

just tell me any reasonable and busy working person who would have time to keep spamming almost every daily news here on nairaland with bullshit writeups.

3 Likes

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by aidameoryou: 9:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
lexy2014:

Can u give us d remaining 80% of d news?

just tell me any reasonable and busy working person who would have time to keep spamming almost every daily news here on nairaland with bullshit writeups.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by fashrola(m): 9:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
Someone7:

Fuel price has gone up already in the international market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by urbobo20(m): 9:12pm On Mar 25, 2021
EXPLORER my nairalander of all time . i just love this guy GOD bless your wisdom

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by kingxsamz(m): 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2021
Righteousness2:
Nothing Suprised me in these crazy times!
The World itself has turned upside down.
It's unfortunate that the News Media do not show 20% of Events Shaking the world right now.

Something huge is on the Horizon !
Live Prepared!
JESUS is Coming

Mumu.

1 Like

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by fashrola(m): 9:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
SKhanmi:
Freak gust of wind? Bullshit. Is the captain an amateur? This smells like sabotage.

Wind plays an important role during navigation.....

You don't joke with it

2 Likes

Re: Giant Container Ship Ran Aground, Blocking World's Busiest Shipping Lane(Pics) by Hakeem66: 9:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
The vessels insurance company would be in hot seat now hoping for success.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can't Send Dollars To Nigeria Any More / Top 5 Reasons Buhari Banned Bitcoin - Dr Kemi Olunloyo / South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.