Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure (43287 Views)

Job Alawari-Kei: FUO Student Slumps, Dies From Illicit Drug Overdose In Bayelsa / Help! My Wife Has Been Bleeding For Over Two Months After Family Planning / 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by maasoap(m): 7:36am On Mar 25, 2021
Positivity:
In saner climes, the family would be tried for murder if there's irrefutable evidence they led him down that path.

He shouldn't have allowed anyone bully him to suicide, should've stayed far away from them.

RIP!!!

For telling to face his study and stop chasing irrelevant stuff?
"His family is always complaining that he spends too much effort, time and money on Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) politics rather than facing his studies.” the source said
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by mrkings84(m): 7:38am On Mar 25, 2021
Evil family members.
You have succeeded in talking the young man to his early grave.

Life and death are in the power of the tongue, so says the Bible.

A potential future governor just killed by family members!
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 25, 2021
9jaRealist:

ABEGI QUIT WITH YOUR LOW SELF-ESTEEM SELF-HATING RACIST DRIVEL... angry

Go to Japan, Korea and several of those countries and see the real scramble for university education...
Anyone who thinks “too much” education is Nigeria’s problem deserves the m.oronic leaders of Nigeria!

>

Education exist so that the Government can
recruit workers. The Government doesn't
want too much freedom for its people it
wants order; and in order to do that the
people have to be taught to be subservient.

Even if a million students commit suicide;
the Government won't include Courses like
CBT(Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and
Emotional Intelligence into our school
curriculumn.

Because that would be giving too much
people Power over themselves.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:10am On Mar 25, 2021
He is a coward
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by ekevwe(m): 8:21am On Mar 25, 2021
envoymedia:
Bayelsa Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure (Photos)

200-level student of History and Diplomacy in the Federal University Otuoke (FUO), Arikekpar Lucky, allegedly suffering from depression, has committed suicide, IgbereTV reports.

It was gathered that the 27-year-old student popularly known as Don Zednas, hung himself with a rope tied to a ceiling fan in the early hours of Monday, March 22, after locking the doors and windows.

The deceased, a one-time aspirant of the Ijaw Youths Council (IYC) Student Representative, Central Zone, hails from Otuakeme, Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa state.

Sources in the university community said the student took the drastic step because he had been battling with depression because members of his family tagged him a failure in academics and life.

Arikekpar was said to have left a suicide note expressing frustrations with the pressure from his relatives, saying they left him with no option than to kill himself for peace to reign.

A source, who spoke to newsmen said that this is not the first time the deceased had attempted to take his life, adding that he had made such attempts twice last year.

"His family is always complaining that he spends too much effort, time and money on Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) politics rather than facing his studies.” the source said.

Confirming the incident, the student union leader, Mr Kojo Debekeme, explained that the student died out of depression, as he could not cope with some family issue again.

A family member, who pleaded anonymity, said that the young man has been buried "according to the tradition of the Ogbia people when such tragic incidents occur."

Spokesperson of the Bayelsa State Police Command, Asinim Butswat, who confirmed the incident, said no official report has been made at the headquarters yet.

Meanwhile, friends and colleagues have taken to Facebook to mourn the deceased.

Meshack N. Sintei wrote on Facebook;

https://www.facebook.com/100004256493428/posts/1894770244008174/?app=fbl
and he proved them right.
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by Positivity(m): 8:35am On Mar 25, 2021
maasoap:

For telling to face his study and stop chasing irrelevant stuff?

Is there anything wrong with pursuing a political career while in school? Bear in mind, African parents have this expertise of instilling in your subconscious what you will study in school while you are still a toddler (MK-Ultra project got nothing on African parents grin grin grin). I won't be surprised if he was coerced into reading a course not his choice.

Back to your statement, I'm guessing you did not read the part where it was reported, the young man attempted suicide twice in the past? Insanity is defined as repeating same thing and expecting different result.

The family members were chastising him for following his heart, (instead of supporting him however they could), and bullying him to face his studies and this led to suicide attempts on 2 different occasion, define insanity. . . .

Now that he is dead, I trust you are happy for the family for telling bullying him to face his studies.

Finally, bros change your mindset, it seems you've not cottoned unto the fact that the world is against bullying in any form. Na this kind thing dey make embassies go through pipo social media posts and discover a lot of worms and cankerworms.

Lets be mindful of our mindset, internet never forgets.
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by Pelicanjay(m): 8:56am On Mar 25, 2021

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by GIdiata(m): 9:02am On Mar 25, 2021
maasoap:

They just wanted him to devote his more of his time, effort and other resources to his study. Even his friend unintentionally attested to his devotion to IYC, misplaced priority.

and u think it was "oga stop wasting your money and time on Politics and face academics" that made him to commit Suicide abi?

Have heard of the statement, "Manner of Approach"?
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by Chiminemine(m): 9:16am On Mar 25, 2021
starbuck:
We should limit the negative words we usually use on kids of nowadays because they are just too soft in nature..

My 11 year old has been giving me concerns academically until I decided to diverse another method to know if he can pick up no matter how little.. I told him if he puts all effort and passes his upcoming external exams, I will buy him a game console.. Was surprised when his teacher called me the other day and was like my son has really improved and she decided to probe further from him when he opened up. She told me that I should try to keep to the end of my own bargain
exactly... This is just the way of training children...not every time insults and flogging...I know parents need to flog children sometimes but, know when to use the rod and when to use an alternative.....madam, I promise if you continue with stuffs like this, you will even be surprised at how that your child will continue to do even better...just try to always keep to your end of the bargain..anytime you promise him something in return for good behavior always keep to it... anytime you don't keep to your promise it might discourage him from wanting to do more.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by MightySparrow: 9:26am On Mar 25, 2021
Confirmed.
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by UOBEN(m): 9:50am On Mar 25, 2021
To use you do money ritual the hungry me now like this.
Henrydonland:
He could have just donated his vital organs to people in need before killing himself so atleast he could have died a fulfilled death.
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by bomsynidel(m): 10:33am On Mar 25, 2021
The young man is a bundle of confusion.For the mere fact you spent enough fo contest a position or aspire to be leader shows you are ready to take critisms and that you have emotional etrength to weather the storm and achieve your dreams.Member of your family called you a fair,book you rushed to commit suicide.He wasted his lifr and did not study other leaders like Jonathan,Obasanjo,Buhsri,who are being called names yet are forging ahead.He should not rest in peace He is a loser.The best reveng e you can give to those that hate you or look down on you is to succeed.
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by dollytino4real(f): 11:14am On Mar 25, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Is true
yes o make my words no go kpai somebori somewhere
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by maasoap(m): 11:43am On Mar 25, 2021
GIdiata:

and u think it was "oga stop wasting your money and time on Politics and face academics" that made him to commit Suicide abi?

Have heard of the statement, "Manner of Approach"?

From the report about his family and friends, it proved that he didn't give his study a priority. I didn't know what they said to him that almost all the rest of Nigerians hadn't been told. All I read was comment of a concerned family. Perhaps, his study took a hit.
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by maasoap(m): 11:51am On Mar 25, 2021
Positivity:

Is there anything wrong with pursuing a political career while in school? Bear in mind, African parents have this expertise of instilling in your subconscious what you will study in school while you are still a toddler (MK-Ultra project got nothing on African parents grin grin grin). I won't be surprised if he was coerced into reading a course not his choice.

Back to your statement, I'm guessing you did not read the part where it was reported, the young man attempted suicide twice in the past? Insanity is defined as repeating same thing and expecting different result.

The family members were chastising him for following his heart, (instead of supporting him however they could), and bullying him to face his studies and this led to suicide attempts on 2 different occasion, define insanity. . . .

Now that he is dead, I trust you are happy for the family for telling bullying him to face his studies.

Finally, bros change your mindset, it seems you've not cottoned unto the fact that the world is against bullying in any form. Na this kind thing dey make embassies go through pipo social media posts and discover a lot of worms and cankerworms.

Lets be mindful of our mindset, internet never forgets.

Can we at least drop all these emotional blackmail and make your case for once? If you are a parent who sent his son to school but eventually leaves his study and starts chasing this thing you called "political career", wouldn't you be concerned too. He committed suicide but you somehow convinced that his parents didn't lose too?
His parents spent resources on him to get him into the university, how come his "political career" took the center stage at 200L. How about we find out his CGPA first because I didn't read exactly how the family bullied him? You can't tell me to agree with you that he didn't misplaced his priority. Can you even aspire politically without certificate unless you want to be carrying Toronto Certificate up and down?
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by wasi9ice: 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2021
That's bad news
By the grace of God, no body l repaet no body on Earth or anywhere can ever make me take my life consciously or unconsciously..
Many people here Niraland maybe not only me, we have hard plenty reasons to take our lives but we refused because it's only the living that have hope for survival. It's very unfortunate for one to live his/her life at the dictates of people.. let them say,, it's not my business

Nothing is worth my life, let the devil go to hell
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by okezuoemmanue(m): 5:53am On Mar 26, 2021
supportnija:
I have problem with black people , must all of us go to university, we are born to be Successfully in one way or the other , see mercy and Ronaldo but since the only way to steal public fund in Nigeria is through paper qualification from university

Why did u go to the university?
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by Tundex911: 12:55pm On Mar 26, 2021
He com resemble Reno during his youth stage
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by DedeNkem: 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2021
He confirmed himself a failure by committing suicide!! He was stupid to make a such decision to take his own life!!

No matter who thinks you're failure, being productive and successful to prove them wrong benefits you!
Re: Bayelsa FUO Student Commits Suicide After Family Members Tagged Him A Failure by SHOCK7(m): 1:58am On Mar 28, 2021
Pochettino:
At least he got something right
This was quite cruel coming from a lady! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help..total Cure To Pimples And Spots On My Face(asap). / Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) / Photographer Captures Baby Fresh From Its Mother's Womb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.