Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? (33342 Views)

"I Met My Engineering Classmate Riding Keke Five Years After Graduation" / Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / 15k Salary Job....life After Graduation Is Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by ShadowCracker(m): 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Software Engineering
You didn't study this in Nigeria shay, I am majoring in Computer science to.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by WoundedLamb: 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2021
ShadowCracker:

You didn't study this in Nigeria shay, I am majoring in Computer science to.

No, I didn't study in Nigeria.

You chose a great course of study. Just be good at what you do. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by WoundedLamb: 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2021
ojonugway:

I was surprised cuz as a Nigerian street boy, I know just how bleeped up this country is...

hoping to travel some day to a better country, make money, have kids and come back to Nigeria to spend my last days on Earth.

so help me God

Amen, bro.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by ShadowCracker(m): 6:12pm On Mar 30, 2021
WoundedLamb:

No, I didn't study in Nigeria.

You chose a great course of study. Just be good at what you do. Best of luck.
Thanks, but why aren't you a regular in the programming section.
My guesses are, you don't code, you are more like a developer's advocate.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by WoundedLamb: 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
ShadowCracker:

Thanks, but why aren't you a regular in the programming section.
My guesses are, you don't code, you are more like a developer's advocate.

Haha... a developer's advocate. Is that actually a role?

I've been on NL for about 10 years. 6/7 years ago, I was very active on the programming section and I made some friends there.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by ShadowCracker(m): 6:44pm On Mar 30, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Haha... a developer's advocate. Is that actually a role?

I've been on NL for about 10 years. 6/7 years ago, I was very active on the programming section and I made some friends there.
Oh my bad.
It's just that some developers out there have the tag "developer's advocate" and they literally don't code at the job.
So I guessed you might be one of them.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by TheExclusive: 10:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
Three months

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 30, 2021
Alaigbopress:

You are ignorant, Entrepreneurship is the core pillar of career exploit. In your mind Entrepreneurship is equal to buying and selling but that is not the case. A Lawyer who set up a chamber and a Doctor who set up a hospital after graduation is all Entrepreneurs but are linearly within the orbit of their professional competence.

How would get the money to open a hospital as a young graduate or how can you get a client as an independent lawyer. Bros you need to learn the ropes by working for someone for a while irrespective of the profession except you want to go into buying and selling.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:48am On Mar 31, 2021
[quote author=Rickbronz post=100211326]If you graduate from a university and you come out looking for someone to employ you, then you are one of the problems of this country. With the knowledge and enlightenment you've gained from school, you should be the one employing and empowering people.
There are several businesses one can start building now which requires little capital but with a potential for massive returns in the long run. [/quote
Give me examples
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Henry22(m): 8:24am On Mar 31, 2021
luckygeee:

Can you write articles, blog posts or other write ups? Even if you can't, you can always learn and develop yourself. Send me a dm and I will add you to a freelance writing group where you can make up to a 100k monthly. You can start writing with the WPS app on your phone.

Sir can I have your number please so I can send u a WhatsApp message? Am also interested.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Axzobr: 9:29am On Mar 31, 2021
I actually got a contract job at a bank in Lagos,
I didn't perform so well there. I was sacked within a year on the job. I was very close to getting a proper job as a core staff at a bank, January, till I was denied the opportunity at the very last stage! For no just reason. I am still searching
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Henry22(m): 2:44pm On Mar 31, 2021
Am tired of this job hunting since 2018, right now am planing going into sewing of bedsheets it's very lucrative here in Lagos, one can make as much as 35k to 40k a week on a contract job depending on Ur speed.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
Axzobr:
I didn't perform so well there. I was sacked within a year on the job. I was very close to getting a proper job as a core staff at a bank, January, till I was denied the opportunity at the very last stage! For no just reason. I am still searching
sorry about your experience
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by profsomebody(m): 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2021
Ok, thanks
WoundedLamb:

Software Engineering
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 2:59am On Apr 01, 2021
Henry22:
Am tired of this job hunting since 2018, right now am planing going into sewing of bedsheets it's very lucrative here in Lagos, one can make as much as 35k to 40k a week on a contract job depending on Ur speed.

Was thinking of moving down to Lagos but even the few people I know who stays there are unemployed too
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Henry22(m): 7:13am On Apr 01, 2021
House1411:

Was thinking of moving down to Lagos but even the few people I know who stays there are unemployed too

I just moved here not long, Lagos is a place you can get employed easily if you know someone or you come hustle......
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 01, 2021
Axzobr:
I didn't perform so well there. I was sacked within a year on the job.
Hey hello you mean in terms of accounting
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 01, 2021
Alaigbopress:

You are ignorant, Entrepreneurship is the core pillar of career exploit. In your mind Entrepreneurship is equal to buying and selling but that is not actually the case. A Lawyer who set up a chamber and a Doctor who set up hospital after graduation are all Entrepreneurs but are linearly within the orbit of their professional competence.

I know the entrepreneurship isn't all about buying and selling.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by VTJN(m): 10:55am On Apr 01, 2021
deltateam:

Is that what you will tell your recruiter or employer?
is that how to call someone's attention to an error made with "E CHOKE"
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Euforia: 7:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
ojonugway:

I was surprised cuz as a Nigerian street boy, I know just how bleeped up this country is...

hoping to travel some day to a better country, make money, have kids and come back to Nigeria to spend my last days on Earth.

so help me God

We have reduced this great country to an ordinary burial ground.

How very sad.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by oghalebros(m): 2:56pm On Apr 02, 2021
Why not... I can do that..
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
I never did but I'm doing great. I have to thank God for giving me the initiative to go to an ICT college immediately after uni as soon as got the info that service was going to be delayed for 2 years. Now I have a contract with a tech company abroad and I'm doing fine. Never expect a good job in Nigeria. If it happens, thank God.
Which job are you doing copywriting
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Whenever I read that nonsense online I just shake my head. I don't even want to share my experience as a northerners with a foreign certificate.
Tell us let us learn
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2021
Henry22:
I finished my NYSC in 2018 and still searching for a job in this Lagos like this, please I can do anything to put food on my table....I don't mind being a PA or anything, I can even work at building sights just to feed, please I need help.
How can you be in Lagos and not find a job
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:03pm On Apr 02, 2021
Tangiblehandwork:
I already have my own I.T business/job before I graduated in 2010,I search for job for like 2years,maybe I fit see money add to my business but I no see reasonable job.all the job wey I see na slave job,I just jejely face my business like that.i thank God today sha
If you can have an I. T business it means you are technically savvy why don't you used the knowledge and earn a living online abroad and be paid in dollars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
dinodangana:
6years down, MBA obtained, qualified chartered accountant, still job hunting
Blood of Zachariah please stop scaring me
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:33pm On Apr 02, 2021
lookingfly:
Got a job after five months, worked there for 2 months and later switched to a better job that pays me 4 times my former pay....na there i still de till today. But i still de look for federal connection in case you have.
My bro thank God you have a job OK, always thank God you are alive and healthy, if you see the situation of some people in Nigeria wlh you will cry, 35years old man staying in his father's house jobless that's why I emphasize on learning skill
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:34pm On Apr 02, 2021
Hollawayn05:
Started sending CV during NYSC cos I was scared as Hell on life after 19800k
Was called for an Interview 2 month to completion if NYSC in a large poutry farm in Lagos and am currently serving in Kebbi state,
So I lied am curently consulting for a farm in t b e north and will be done in 2 months time, asked if they can wait and they said okay..
Immediatly after service, I sure dint call cos I was like make I no fall hands,
A week later they called and an interview was scheduled, went there TO wao everybody
And h got the job IMMEDIATLY WITH A GOOD PAY.
After about 2 years of cashing out I decided to answer the call of Entrepreneurship and it's been God eversince
Nur over Nur
Light over Light
Alhamdulilai
What did you invest in
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2021
Mnopq:
4 years. Still searching, study b.tech physics/elect, if any assistance kindly contact me, abumujaheed17@gmail.com cry4 years. Still searching, study b.tech physics/elect, if any assistance kindly contact me, abumujaheed17@gmail.com
I don't believe you how can you have b tech in this generation and still remain jobless
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Henry22(m): 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
Hassanmaye:

How can you be in Lagos and not find a job

Not long I came to Lagos but my challenge still remains that I don't know anybody here.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:49pm On Apr 02, 2021
samwash:

My guy, you should be the one to cover ur head in shame.
How can u pass through school for 4 or 5 yrs not to talk of spill yr in some pple's case, or more than 5 yrs for medical student & still be looking for job after 5 yrs, something is definitely wrong with Nigeria graduates.
Are you sure sir medical student looking for job
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
Advocatejustice:

Awesome!

I will also be done with my law school program by next year, can you also put a smile on my face by getting your learned junior a job too?

Mo ti soro soke o.
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

NGC Unltd:real Or Fake? / INEC 2023 Election Adhoc Staff Recruitment Deployment And Availability Form / Ideas About PZ Cussons Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.