Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,861 members, 7,956,246 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:34 AM

Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? (13083 Views)

Nigeria’s Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab – FG / Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! / Muslim Women Dancing To "One Corner". Video Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by IJOBA11: 11:20am On Mar 26, 2021
ngadaAwo:

Rule 1
CHAI grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by drLammy(m): 11:32am On Mar 26, 2021
Adlac:

Good For you, Letting others be in their Faith should be an attribute of a Christian. But as SHUDREN OF 8 & PERDITION Will wants to have a fill day!

There's no hate bro only love
Who knows anyone might get saved thinking over some of those things.
Well, I'm even far from being a Christian but I believe in the existence of God

Do yourself a huge favour bro,, carry that holy Qur'an and read all over perhaps in the language you best understand and see how illogical and unreasonable a lot of things are.
But if you are already a fanatic, Well, ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by TruthHurts1(m): 11:56am On Mar 26, 2021
How exactly is it winning? It has been banned in Senegal, France and Switzerland and in Saudi Arabia the government is relaxing rules regarding hijab.

AntiChristian:
Alhamdulillah for the light of Islam.

Firstly, the Hijab is not only to cover the hair. It covers from the head downwards...

Secondly, the Christian above uses a signature that says "Truth must prevail" but he's adept in peddling falsehood.

{O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused.} [Quran 33:59]

Abu Hurayrah may Allaah be pleased with him narrated that the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said: "The woman is ‘awrah (body parts that should be covered), so when she goes out, the devils hasten to receive her (seeking to tempt her or make her tempt others)." [At-Tirmithi]

Hijab is winning!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by Sunsets: 12:16pm On Mar 26, 2021
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."
For record purposes only, I don't believe any of the above. However, we must at all times present truth and banish lies by any means necessary. Hijab wearing predates Islam and his senor bros - Christianity. Just google it. Mohammed only copied it. Catholics only copied it. It was even only designed for the noble because they were not expected to be involved in any form of labour. If your social status was low, no hijab for you. BC saw hijab, talk of Islam that was formed later years in AD.
Lastly, we all suffer from one aberration or what we call Sexual Perversion or the other. Hijab tends to, but has woefully and consistently failed, control voyeurism, gawking, ogling and their likes. We already know, with our penetrative and stripping eyes, what lays beyond the veil. So, no need.
Carchoice:
For some reason I agree with Muslims on why their women cover their head and as well their body.

Mohamed or whoever started the trend knows how frustrating and lustful it is for a man to look out of his window and see nothing but a lady with exposed enticing body that will rewire his thinking for a moment or render his thinking faculty useless for the whole of that day.

The creator of humans did not only create women to be enticing to men but as well created them to be a distraction else men should have been somewhere close to finding answers to how the universe came to be.

If anyone tells you when you look at women with enticing body and lust over them that it is a sin, that person is ignorant of the fact that the human mind and eyes has its own mind that it is not easily in our grasp.

The Catholic Church adopts this method of hair and body covering for their women but it only applies to rev sisters and not widely practiced by all its members.

Some other churches too like deeper life but their own isn’t so deep like the Muslims. There’s a big relationship somewhere in all this as to why women should cover their body.

On this, I give it to Muslims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by Adlac(m): 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2021
[quote author=drLammy post=100227626]

There's no hate bro only love
Who knows anyone might get saved thinking over some of those things.
Well, I'm even far from being a Christian but I believe in the existence of God

Do yourself a huge favour bro,, carry that holy Qur'an and read all over perhaps in the language you best understand and see how illogical and unreasonable a lot of things are.
But only if you are already a fanatic, Well, ....[

Irrespective of Your Faith, That I say never give room for Hatred!

If not Your expression won't be a semblance of hate.

Perhaps, Reading The Qur'an in what Ever form of Language Particularly Arabic brings Tranquility to he Heart.

Thank You.
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by rottable(m): 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2021
Although I am not a muslim but the Author said women should cover there hair only not there body. Scalf should be allowed instead of Hijab then
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by drLammy(m): 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2021
[quote author=Adlac post=100230416][/quote]

You're welcome

Maa Salam
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by Thelife: 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2021
rottable:
Although I am not a muslim but the Author said women should cover there hair only not there body. Scalf should be allowed instead of Hijab then

You dey mind those head slammer terrorist

I guess the beret that the school recommended is use to cover nose.

awon oloshi.
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2021
Sunsets:

Lastly, we all suffer from one aberration or what we call Sexual Perversion or the other. Hijab tends to, but has woefully and consistently failed, control voyeurism, gawking, ogling and their likes. We already know, with our penetrative and stripping eyes, what lays beyond the veil. So, no need
sure we all know what lies beyond the veil, but what you don’t know is when you look at the veil, you don’t see what lies beyond it. Your imagination of what lies beyond it is as a result of your own perversion. Not as a result of what you are looking at.
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by advocatejare(m): 3:35pm On Mar 26, 2021
Adlac:

If you wanna learn ARABIC Attend a Modraza Google translate will do you no good!
Mr Arabic tell us that this means جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by Adlac(m): 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2021
advocatejare:

Mr Arabic tell us that this means جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ

Y[b]ou shouldn't be Daft with LANGUANGES. If Arabic is Difficult to Learn as you have proof.
Then, The use of English shouldn't be.

AS FOR YOUR Question.

The word جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ as use in the Context. Goes beyond Garment as you claim. It will be good for you to attend a MODRAZA So as to Bombard US with quotes from Verses.[/b]

Thank You.
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by advocatejare(m): 4:41pm On Mar 26, 2021
Adlac:

Y[b]ou shouldn't be Daft with LANGUANGES. If Arabic is Difficult to Learn as you have proof.
Then, The use of English shouldn't be.

AS FOR YOUR Question.

The word جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ as use in the Context. Goes beyond Garment as you claim. It will be good for you to attend a MODRAZA So as to Bombard US with quotes from Verses.[/b]

Thank You.
You've not said anything. I ask you again what's the meaning of this(جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ) mr. Arabic teacher .

FYI before you were born, I was already reading Arabic. Now go away to the children section
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by Sunsets: 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2021
Still no need but I totally respect the wearers as long as they don't mask their faces completely: not looking like an ikwikwi or owl peering through the dark. Hijah turns some of us on - it could be sexy, you know.
Carchoice:
sure we all know what lies beyond the veil, but what you don’t know is when you look at the veil, you don’t see what lies beyond it. Your imagination of what lies beyond it is as a result of your own perversion. Not as a result of what you are looking at.
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by ThatFairGuy1: 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2021
advocatejare:

Stop lying to us, why didn't you tell us the main reason behind veil as explained in the hadith?

Even your fellow Muslim once talked about it.

https://www.nairaland.com/6345892/umar-vs-holy-prophet-battle

First, veiling or hijab was a reaction to when Muhammad wanted to consummate his wedding to Zainab, the wife of his adopted son whom muhammad claimed Allah had made legal to him. After the wedding fanfare, the guests refused to leave and after endless time of waiting, Muhammad decided to reveal the verse of hijab and used that to send the people away.

"O you who have believed, do not enter the houses of the Prophet except when you are permitted for a meal, without awaiting its readiness. But when you are invited, then enter; and when you have eaten, disperse without seeking to remain for conversation. Indeed, that [behavior] was troubling the Prophet, and he is shy of [dismissing] you. But Allah is not shy of the truth. And when you ask [his wives] for something, ask them from behind a partition. That is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is not [conceivable or lawful] for you to harm the Messenger of Allah or to marry his wives after him, ever.Indeed, that would be in the sight of Allah an enormity."
(QS. Al-Ahzaab 33: Verse 53)

That word translated as partition or screen is the word Hijab (حِجَابٍ ) in Arabic and has nothing to do with your usage of hijab today

Second was when Umar was always trailing the wife of Muhammad to the toilet in order to force the hands of Allah to do their biddings of asking Muslim women to be covered and as expected, Allah did their biddings as suggested by Umar.

Also, Muhammad knew that Umar and others may be interested in taking over his wives after he had died, that's why he formed a revelation that nobody should marry his wives when he died.

Ignoramus. Always distortion messages to suit his ego. You've even understand your religion?

Answer these though I know you'll run as usual.

Which is correct among these contradicting verses of the Bible?

1. For he cast two pillars of brass, of eighteen cubits high apiece: and a line of twelve cubits did compass either of them about. —1 Kings 7:15

Also he made before the house two pillars of thirty and five cubits high, and the chapiter that was on the top of each of them was five cubits. —2 Chronicles 3:15

2. Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. —Proverbs 26:4

Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit. —Proverbs 26:5
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by advocatejare(m): 5:54pm On Mar 26, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

Ignoramus. Always distortion messages to suit his ego. You've even understand your religion?

Answer these though I know you'll run as usual.

Which is correct among these contradicting verses of the Bible?

1. For he cast two pillars of brass, of eighteen cubits high apiece: and a line of twelve cubits did compass either of them about. —1 Kings 7:15

Also he made before the house two pillars of thirty and five cubits high, and the chapiter that was on the top of each of them was five cubits. —2 Chronicles 3:15

2. Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. —Proverbs 26:4

Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit. —Proverbs 26:5

Answer these ones first :

Does Allah speak directly with people?
No:
It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil,
Quran 42:51

Yes, to Moses:
"Of some messengers We have already told thee the story; of others We have not;- and to Moses Allah spoke direct"
Quran 4:164

Does Allah forgive everything?

Yes:
Say: “O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
– Quran 39:53

No:
Allah forgiveth not (The sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right) – Quran 4:116

Did Noah's son survive the great flood?

Yes:
(Remember) Noah, when he cried (to Us) aforetime: We listened to his (prayer) and delivered him and his family from great distress.
Quran 21:76

Yes
And We made his offspring the survivors.
Quran 37:77

No
The son replied: "I will betake myself to some mountain: it will save me from the water." Noah said: "This day nothing can save, from the command of Allah, any but those on whom He hath mercy! "And the waves came between them, and the son was among those overwhelmed in the Flood.
Quran 11:43
Was Allah confused about history and events of time? Yes. But how could Allah have made such a blunder if he was the All-Knowing?

"The Lord of Moses and Aaron.” Said Pharaoh, “You believed in him before I gave you permission. Indeed, this is a conspiracy which you conspired in the city to expel therefrom its people. But you are going to know. I will surely cut off your hands and your feet on opposite sides; then I will surely crucify you all.” – Quran 7:122-124.

Crucifixion came into existence in 400 BC, and the Pharaoh that Moses and Israeli had encounter with lived in 1447 BC, which is a difference of roughly 1000 years.

That's one of the confusion of the authors of the Quran that shows that the Quran is the handiwork of illiterates

Does evil come from Allah?

Yes:
.... If some good befalls them, they say "This is from Allah". But if evil, they say "This is from thee" (O prophet). Say: "All things are from Allah....
Quran 4:78

No:
Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee, is from Allah. But whatever evil happens to thee, is from thyself. But what has come to these people. That they fail to understand a single fact
Quran 4:79

Does Allah change his words?

No:
For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity.
-Quran 10:64

Yes:
None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?
Quran 2:106

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by ThatFairGuy1: 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2021
advocatejare:

Answer these ones first :

Does Allah speak directly with people?
No:
It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil,
Quran 42:51

Yes, to Moses:
"Of some messengers We have already told thee the story; of others We have not;- and to Moses Allah spoke direct"

How long is Allah's day?
One thousand years:
"Yet they ask thee to hasten on the Punishment! But Allah will not fail in His Promise. Verily a Day in the sight of thy Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning."
Quran 22:47
Fifty thousand years:
"The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a Day the measure whereof is (as) fifty thousand years:"
Quran 70:4
Okay, I hope after answering these you'll also answer mine. Though you ought to before I answers Yours but no problem just answer after I answered yours.

To your question about Musa(a.s), nothing is contradicting only for uninformed folks like you. Musa was spoke to under veil, he didn't see Allah. This corroborated your quoted verse that "... except by inspiration, or from behind a veil,"
Read Qur'an 20 from verse 9 till you get satisfied.

That fifty thousand years is the day of judgement (recompense) NOT what you think. Re-read according to the context.

You've asked me these questions times without number and I keep answering yet you're not satisfied because you ain't looking for the truth.

Now for once, answer my question BECAUSE YOU'VE NEVER FOR ONCE DID

Which is real plus the one I gave earlier.

3. Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. —2 Kings 24:8

Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem… —2 Chronicles 36:9

4. No man hath seen God at any time. —John 1:18

For I have seen God face to face. —Genesis 32:30
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by advocatejare(m): 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

Okay, I hope after answering these you'll also answer mine. Though you ought to before I answers Yours but no problem just answer after I answered yours.

To your question about Musa(a.s), nothing is contradicting only for uninformed folks like you. Musa was spoke to under veil,

Argue with your Qur'an. Your Quran states that Allah spoke to Moses directly (where is the veil mentioned. Liar)

Read Qur'an 20 from verse 9 till you get satisfied.
State out where Allah contradicted itself that after speaking to Moses directly, that he also spoke to Moses from behind a veil

That fifty thousand years is the day of judgement (recompense) NOT what you think.
I guess you're saying that you're smarter than Allah who said that the Quran is clear enough:

"This [Qur'an] is a clear statement to [all] the people and a guidance and instruction for those conscious of Allah."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 138)

You've asked me these questions times without number and I keep answering yet you're not satisfied because you ain't looking for the truth.

Now for once, answer my question BECAUSE YOU'VE NEVER FOR ONCE DID

Which is real plus the one I gave earlier.
It's because you're yet to answer my questions, when you do I'll answer yours.
You made a claim that till now you're yet to substantiate:

You can't leave my questions on answered and ask me another question.

Share me the link to the original gospel written by Jesus himself that you promised and of course the original Quran given to muhammad without diacritical marks

Address my question first and also show me the Taurah given to Islamic Moses that is different from the Judaism and Christianity Moses

Now answer these too

Does Allah forgive everything?

Yes:
Say: “O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
– Quran 39:53

No:
Allah forgiveth not (The sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away (from the right) – Quran 4:116

Did Noah's son survive the great flood?

Yes:
(Remember) Noah, when he cried (to Us) aforetime: We listened to his (prayer) and delivered him and his family from great distress.
Quran 21:76

Yes
And We made his offspring the survivors.
Quran 37:77

No
The son replied: "I will betake myself to some mountain: it will save me from the water." Noah said: "This day nothing can save, from the command of Allah, any but those on whom He hath mercy! "And the waves came between them, and the son was among those overwhelmed in the Flood.
Quran 11:43
Was Allah confused about history and events of time? Yes. But how could Allah have made such a blunder if he was the All-Knowing?

"The Lord of Moses and Aaron.” Said Pharaoh, “You believed in him before I gave you permission. Indeed, this is a conspiracy which you conspired in the city to expel therefrom its people. But you are going to know. I will surely cut off your hands and your feet on opposite sides; then I will surely crucify you all.” – Quran 7:122-124.

Crucifixion came into existence in 400 BC, and the Pharaoh that Moses and Israeli had encounter with lived in 1447 BC, which is a difference of roughly 1000 years.

That's one of the confusion of the authors of the Quran that shows that the Quran is the handiwork of illiterates

Does evil come from Allah?

Yes:
.... If some good befalls them, they say "This is from Allah". But if evil, they say "This is from thee" (O prophet). Say: "All things are from Allah....
Quran 4:78

No:
Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee, is from Allah. But whatever evil happens to thee, is from thyself. But what has come to these people. That they fail to understand a single fact
Quran 4:79

Does Allah change his words?

No:
For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity.
-Quran 10:64

Yes:
None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?
Quran 2:106

1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by Illl: 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2021
Unbelievers typing rubbish on this Page, let me enlighten you that your fingers will also testify against you on this blasphemous act of yours on the last day, be careful! be warned, I just don't know while the truth always terrified you this unscrupulous elements, if you did not desist from this ways God will Surely Punish you in your Grave and In Hell.
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by Printerscanner: 11:01pm On Mar 26, 2021
Don't mind the copy cats. Muslims women cover their hair because Mary the mother of Jesus covers her hair. Even the prostitute in the Bible covered her hair, even the adulterous woman that was about to be stoned to death covered her hair. So, a woman who doesn't cover her hair is therefore worse than the prostitute and the adulterous woman in the Bible, that's like being a common dog.

Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by Printerscanner: 11:08pm On Mar 26, 2021
Illl:
Unbelievers typing rubbish on this Page, let me enlighten you that your fingers will also testify against you on this blasphemous act of yours on the last day, be careful! be warned, I just don't know while the truth always terrified you this unscrupulous elements, if you did not desist from this ways God will Surely Punish you in your Grave and In Hell.

God's personal assistant has spoken.
Re: Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? by Adlac(m): 8:40am On Mar 29, 2021
advocatejare:

You've not said anything. I ask you again what's the meaning of this(جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ) mr. Arabic teacher .

[s]FYI before you were born, I was already reading Arabic. Now go away to the children section
[/s]

Smile..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's Go To Allah Before We Will Return To Allah. / Why It Is Not Islamic for a Muslim Woman to Change Her Surname After Marriage / How To Perform Janabah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.