Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa (1463 Views)

Atiku Will Not Please Autocratic Democrats - Dino Melaye / Secondus Hails Tambuwal Calls All The Defactors True Democrats / When I Was Working In The Southeast I Saw What The Igbo Could Do - Akinwumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2021
#sighs

This need for validation is embarrassing sha.

Smacks of desperation.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Igboid: 7:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
OneTemplate:

The thread is deserted because Igbos are an embarrassment no one can be bothered to comment on anymore.

It is now a case of SMH for Igbos and keep silent at their latest childish and embarrassing announcement.

You don't see the idiocy of ejaculating to words written in the 30ties that are not validated by the reality of how Igbos live today? Words that now taunts Igbos as they seem to suggest that Igbos have gone backwards horribly and are only about initial gra gra others soon see through.

Are the Igbo States today Dubai in comparison to others? What exactly stands out about Igbo leaders, in fact some of the worst in Nigeria, to bear out all the supremacy noise you Igbos bore others with daily?

Fact is a lot of people are now just turned off by the empty chest beating of Igbos that reality on the ground never validates.

Are you not embarrassed by your cries in this thread?
Your hate and envy is eating you up inside up.

Where exactly in Nigeria is better than Igboland?

Igbos went through a civil war that saw our cities leveled to the ground. Yet no cities in Nigeria other than FG cities of Lagos and Abuja can say to be better than Igbo cities.
Igbos rose through the ashes of a civil war and economic war post civil war and stand head tall till today.
Look at the Super eagles that played yesterday, of the 11 starting players, 4 were Igbo, that's 36% of the national team of a country made up of 300 ethnic groups plus and it has been like this since adam. Anything that has to do with merit in this country,the Igbo always gets a lion share. Why shouldn't an Igbo man be proud?

Why shouldn't Ndiigbo be proud of our past and present exploits? Is it our fault that you come from ethnic with nothing to celebrate?

10 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Igboid: 7:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
FrLukas:
#sighs

Smacks of desperation.

The inferiority complex displayed by people like you here is what is embarrassing.

What stopped you from opening thread for your own ethnic group?
Let me guess, you have nothing to be proud of?

Igbos are Democrats and a proud one for that matter and the aim of this thread is to restate that using independent colonial archives.

If it's too much for you to bear, why don't you go and hit your head on a wall?

10 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2021
FrLukas:
#sighs

Smacks of desperation.

Dude, no Igbo has the urge to ‘validate’ themselves with you so don’t flatter yourself! We’re discussing amongst ourselves, and if you don’t like some of the posts you read on Igbo-themed threads like this one, then simply stop clicking on them to save you the hassle! It’s not all threads i click on...there are some i ignore because i know the OPs to be anti-Igbo and so they’re just not worthwhile to me!

However, if for the sake of argument we go along with your assertion of the ‘need to validate’ among Ndigbo....it stands to reason there would be no ‘need to validate’ if there hadn’t been prior attempts to ‘invalidate’ to begin with!

5 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Igboid: 7:29pm On Mar 31, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

Anyone else thinking of Boniface Offokaja? That debate in which he shone and made black Africa proud was just 18 years after this statement was made!

He was a quintessential Igbo man. Let me get the video and post here so that Igbophobes can burn themselves to ashes with their hate.

7 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by SaintBishop: 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2021
Igboid:

Are you not embarrassed by your cries in this thread?
Your hate and envy is eating you up inside up.

Where exactly in Nigeria is better than Igboland?

Igbos went through a civil war that saw our cities leveled to the ground. Yet no cities in Nigeria other than FG cities of Lagos and Abuja can say to be better than Igbo cities.
Igbos rose through the ashes of a civil war and economic war post civil war and stand head tall till today.
Look at the Super eagles that played yesterday, of the 11 starting players, 4 were Igbo, that's 36% of the national team of a country made up of 300 ethnic groups plus. Why shouldn't an Igbo man be proud?
Why shouldn't Ndiigbo be proud of our past and present exploits? Is it our fault that you come from ethnic group of non achievers with nothing to celebrate?
I wonder why you omit port Harcourt from your list because port Harcourt is 10times better that all the 5 eastern states combined.

I hope you are not claiming port Harcourt as igbo city? grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by PoloG: 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2021
This seeking of attention and desperate notice me is too much from you people na....
Are you guys cursed? grin

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Igboid: 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
SaintBishop:
I wonder why you omit port Harcourt from your list because port Harcourt is 10times better that all the 5 eastern states combined.

I hope you are not claiming port Harcourt as igbo city? grin grin

What is Portharcourt?

Does it even belong to any ethnic group grin

Is PH an Ijaw city? grin
We know that Yenegoa is an Edo(Epie-Attisa ) city.
Either way Portharcourt is not better than Enugu, Owerri or even Abakaliki. And Awka is even turning things up, and there is still Onitsha.
All these Igbo cities that sprung up from ashes of Biafra ruins from 1970 upward with no special intervention fund from FG. And the good thing is that they are all Igbo cities not shared with anyone else . Igbo language is the lingua franca in the streets of these cities.

9 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Igboid: 7:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
PoloG:
This seeking of attention and desperate notice me is too much from you people na....
Are you guys cursed? grin

We stand out naturally. We don't sing our praises. Others not consumed by hate or envy usually sing them for us.

The quote on this thread was not made by an Igbo.

9 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Igboid: 7:46pm On Mar 31, 2021
A taste of that Igbo natural self assurance.

Watch Boniface Offorkaja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=840XWjnt9wc

7 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by SaintBishop: 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
Igboid:

What is Portharcourt?

Is PH an Ijaw city? grin
Either way Portharcourt is not better than Enugu, Owerri or even Abakaliki. And Awka is even turning things up, and there is still Onitsha.
All these Igbo cities that sprung up from ashes of Biafra ruins from 1970 upward with no special intervention fund from FG. And the good thing is that they are all Igbo cities not shared with anyone else . Igbo language is the lingua franca in the streets of these cities.

Port Harcourt is owned by two people.
The Ikwerres who have told you to your igbo face that they are not lost jews.
And the Okrikans who are ijaws, these two groups own port Harcourt.
I ask you again why did you omit port Harcourt from your list igbo man? grin

Port Harcourt is100time better than those shit holes you called states, that's why you unwanted soul,you lost isrealites keeping flooding port Harcourt day time and night with you inferior product seeking for a better life tongue

That's why your mother's, sister's and daughter are all in our brothel wasting away, chew on that jew grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by James4424: 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
allcomage:
Igbo run egalitarian society, live and let live. Everyone believes he can be better and makes efforts to be better. When you ask them why they hate Igbo, They will start to bable.

No, they will use the usual excuse of Igbos too like money that's why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Graysons: 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2021
Igboid [s:
post=100370278]

What is Portharcourt?

Is PH an Ijaw city? grin
All these Igbo cities that sprung up from ashes of Biafra ruins from 1970 upward with no special intervention fund from FG. And the good thing is that they are all Igbo cities not shared with anyone else . Igbo language is the lingua franca in the streets of these cities.[/s]

So why are pests not living in those cites then? why are you running away from it like you are running away from hell?

1 Like

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Igboid: 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2021
SaintBishop:

Port Harcourt is100time better than those shit holes you called states, that's why you unwanted soul,you lost isrealites keeping flooding port Harcourt day time and night with you inferior product seeking for a better life tongue

That's why your mother's, sister's and daughter are all in our brothel wasting away, chew on that jew grin grin

Okay. So this is more of a beer parlour talk.

What's your ethnic group and can you post an assessment of your group by a neutral body? grin

9 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by PoloG: 10:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
Igboid:
[s]

We stand out naturally. We don't sing our praises. Others not consumed by hate or envy usually sing them for us.

The quote on this thread was not made by an Igbo[/s].
nonsense crap from an inferior tribe
Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by PoloG: 10:15pm On Mar 31, 2021
SaintBishop:

grin grin
Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:19am On Apr 01, 2021
Igboid:
A taste of that Igbo natural self assurance.

Watch Boniface Offorkaja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=840XWjnt9wc

Cheers bros! I never get tired of watching this clip! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Shiver99: 5:51am On Apr 01, 2021
The natural self-assurance that the average Igbo person has historically been frightening to many folks. This stems from coming from a society where it is constantly echoed that anybody can be a king if they put the effort.

Unlike with other folks, where the destiny of millions of souls are being kept in bondage to satisfy the whims of one man and his relatives. This sort of society breeds cowards and inferior-minded people that will rush to infiltrate threads that celebrate others..

5 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Guide777(m): 6:13am On Apr 01, 2021
Fejoku:

I've read this book which was one of the products of the numerous studies British anthropologists took upon themselves when they discovered that all measures employed by the British for effective exploitation of Igboland failed.
While it's good to remind ourselves of our uniqueness I think we have to make room to appear less threatening to others. The British know our potential and they fear what our achievement portends for Africa. You see, a very confident young man is always viewed as a threat anywhere especially by exploiters. The least such a young man should do is to extend his fearlessness to intimidate even those that could easily be his allies when his main enemies should be those exploiters. This is what this thread appears to be although you may not see it so.
The English themselves had to build a great Britain comprising neighbouring tribes (nations of Scots, Celts and Welsh) to conquer the world. Rarely do you have any nation irrespective of how gifted they may be enjoy a series of victories without adding other nations to themselves. The Russians did the same and became so large. The USA story is clear to all. Imagine what a Japan-China combo would have been! Even the USA would quake. Now compare the capabilities of Germany with their actual achievement in world politics. Very small compared to their less gifted neigbours. If only Germany was less too proud of themselves like you're encouraging us to do(hope you got the area of comparison). If only the Germans have been less so threatening than they are, they could have merged with smaller neighbouring tribes which will ultimately make them the masters of all Europe.
My point is that we should try to speak of our unique political set up and the never-give-up mindset of an average Igbo man in a way that markets us to others instead of it appearing so intimidating that it creates further hurdles for us. If you don't know, there are lots of other Africans that love our way of life and would want to learn it but the impediment will be this intimidating outlook. Let's learn from the French who despite their historical achievements still appear less intimidating than others. They have less enemies than others and continue to gain from such posture. My critism is strictly constructive and it's my hope that you understand my message.
Haters will still hate no matter what we do but let's not give room for further misunderstanding from our admirers.
Udo.
Well said!, The secret of survival is to deflect envy and resentment by making others feel good about themselves while you appear less threatening.
Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 01, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

Dude, no Igbo has the urge to ‘validate’ themselves with you so don’t flatter yourself! We’re discussing amongst ourselves, and if you don’t like some of the posts you read on Igbo-themed threads like this one, then simply stop clicking on them to save you the hassle! It’s not all threads i click on...there are some i ignore because i know the OPs to be anti-Igbo and so they’re just not worthwhile to me!

However, if for the sake of argument we go along with your assertion of the ‘need to validate’ among Ndigbo....it stands to reason there would be no ‘need to validate’ if there hadn’t been prior attempts to ‘invalidate’ to begin with!

"Dude", are you new to Nairaland?

Lol.

Your need to validate yourselves are all over this forum.

Wasn't it just yesterday that some nincompoop posted that Ife belonged to the Igbos and they are coming to take it back?

You probably don't realize it when you do it, but we watching from outside see it for what it is.

Ego scratching.

The obsessive need for validation often occurs from a place of inferiority complex and not because you were "invalidated" or something.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 01, 2021
Igboid:

The inferiority complex displayed by people like you here is what is embarrassing.

What stopped you from opening thread for your own ethnic group?
Let me guess, you have nothing to be proud of?

Igbos are Democrats and a proud one for that matter and the aim of this thread is to restate that using independent colonial archives.

If it's too much for you to bear, why don't you go and hit your head on a wall?

Don't cry dear. I was just making an observation on a public forum, dazall.

You really don't need to project your complex on me. I'm not the one opening threads on a faceless forum seeking validation and embarking on an ego trip.
Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by ThumbzTNA(m): 8:30am On Apr 01, 2021
PoloG:
very stupid and inferior people.. Who knows igbos for anything in Africa apart from crime..
Fools

obsession with igbos. No go arrange your life

4 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by ThumbzTNA(m): 8:45am On Apr 01, 2021
FrLukas:

Lol.

Wasn't it just yesterday that some nincompoop posted that Ide belonged to the Igbos and they are coming to take it back?

You probably don't realize it when you do it, but we watching from outside see it for what it is.

Ego scratching.

The obsessive need for validation often occurs from a place of inferiority complex and not because you were "invalidated" or something.

This drug addict is here again

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by theTranslator: 8:49am On Apr 01, 2021
Igbos on Nairaland are a complete embarrassment of the real Igbo's

Shameful

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 01, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

My daddy is a drug addict
Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by ThumbzTNA(m): 9:16am On Apr 01, 2021
FrLukas:

My mummy is a LovePeddler and drug addict

1 Like

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 01, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

My mom is a love peddler with stinky pussy
Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by nku5: 9:56am On Apr 01, 2021
Igboid:
The Igbo self-assurance frightened the British
"True democrats, no one was better than themselves but yet they were somehow better than anyone else. This self-assurance was sometimes a little frightening. The Ibo men and women are so continually in the right and so busy proving that everyone else is in the wrong. They want to learn from us but only such things as may be materially productive as soon as possible. They tolerate us because they need us. They do not look upon us resentfully as conquerors but complacently as stepping-stones. What will happen when they can, or think they can mount it alone and no further use of the stepping-stones, no one can tell."
AFRICAN WOMEN: A Study of the Ibo of Nigeria, Sylvia Leith-Ross, page 357, published 1939

Ka Chineke mezie okwu grin grin

Igbo amaka cool

4 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:07am On Apr 01, 2021
FrLukas:

Lol.

Wasn't it just yesterday that some nincompoop posted that Ide belonged to the Igbos and they are coming to take it back?

Ego scratching.

Says a lot about your level of maturity that you take posts by faceless monikers on social-media seriously, and then go on to form opinions on an entire ethnicity based what some troll says or doesn't say on nairaland! How do you know the 'nincompoop' is actually Igbo? How do you know it's not some bigoted, scheming third party looking to set the cat amongst the pigeons and ruffle a few feathers between Igbo and Yoruba?

On the contrary, i reckon it's you, who's always sniffing around Igbo-themed threads and constantly having something to whine about, that's exhibiting serious inferiority complex issues!

4 Likes

Re: The Igbo: The True Democrats Of Africa by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 01, 2021
[quote author=PROUDIGBO post=100386910]

Says a lot about your level of maturity that you take posts by faceless monikers on social-media seriously, and then go on to form opinions on an entire ethnicity based what some troll says or doesn't say on nairaland! How do you know the 'nincompoop' is actually Igbo? How do you know it's not some bigoted, scheming third party looking to set the cat amongst the pigeons and ruffle a few feathers between Igbo and Yoruba?

Munch the responses you posted to disavow the thread and other threads attacking Yorubas and I'll believe you aren't just another confused, self righteous, hypocrite here.

On the contrary, i reckon it's you, who's always sniffing around Igbo-themed threads and constantly having something to whine about, that's exhibiting serious inferiority complex issues!

I'm sure you don't even know the definitions of the words you are using. It's easy to forgive such ignorance anyway, so you may go in peace, lad. A simple perusal of my posts here reveals the opposite, but like I said, you can run along now and don't project your personality on me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Visit Afenifere Acting Leader Chief Ayo Adebanjo (photos) / Sit-at-Home: Why We Didn't Open Shop Early - Imo, Anambra Traders Reveal / Fears Of The North (opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.