Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Seven Year Old Gets Plastic Surgery To Prevent Bullying (would You Allow It) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Seven Year Old Gets Plastic Surgery To Prevent Bullying (would You Allow It) (2625 Views)

Guys Can You Take This?will You Allow It. / Bullying Make African Kids Stronger But Kills The American Kids: Why / High School Bullying...A Victim Or The Oppressor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Year Old Gets Plastic Surgery To Prevent Bullying (would You Allow It) by PuffPuff1: 3:59am On Apr 16, 2011
I was reading an article about a women who allowed her 7 year old daugther to get plastic surgery on her ears because she was afraid the child would be bullied growing up. What do you think?

The full article http://www.ngpost.com/polls/seven-year-old-gets-plastic-surgery-to-prevent-bullying/
Re: Seven Year Old Gets Plastic Surgery To Prevent Bullying (would You Allow It) by dominique(f): 12:53pm On Apr 16, 2011
the plastic surgeon that agreed to perform such a surgery must be a hungry and desperate one.
Re: Seven Year Old Gets Plastic Surgery To Prevent Bullying (would You Allow It) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 16, 2011
I posted this on my facebook a few days ago. The girl is a bit young. That's the only problem I have with it. I don't think it will prevent bullying. Some children are mean and will bully regardless of how you look. I don't know if the surgery will solve the bullying issue.

If it was my daughter, I'd let her grow with it. She could have plastic surgery when she's at least 18 if she still wants to lol. I would wait that long because she has to understand that people criticize regardless of how you look. People can be mean regardless as well. She needs to grow a tough outer layer. Plastic surgery seems like a cop-out. She's missing out on a fundamental lesson taught at her age. Ignore bullies.
Re: Seven Year Old Gets Plastic Surgery To Prevent Bullying (would You Allow It) by dominique(f): 6:04pm On Apr 16, 2011
this is exactly how insecurity start. the girl may go ahead and have more than a couple more surgeries before she turns 18. no wonder almost every doctor want to be a plastic surgeon.
Re: Seven Year Old Gets Plastic Surgery To Prevent Bullying (would You Allow It) by Outstrip(f): 6:05pm On Apr 16, 2011
This is not uncommon with white kids even now in the midwest. I am not sure why it is making news now. I saw it a few days ago and I was thinking it was something else. Stapling the ears has been going on with kids for years. I have never heard of a black kid doing it though
Re: Seven Year Old Gets Plastic Surgery To Prevent Bullying (would You Allow It) by horny4u(f): 8:52am On Apr 17, 2011
And she has not thot her that what's important is outside not within.
When in pry 2 my classmate said I was ugly I told my mum and she took me to the mirror and showed me how pretty I was and said if she calls you ugly next time give her a dirty slap and I did, we fought and that was it. Kids are cruel but u got to fight not go under the knife but then again its becos we all have something to say about someone else's life that made plasticS so popular

1 Like

Re: Seven Year Old Gets Plastic Surgery To Prevent Bullying (would You Allow It) by kimmi11: 8:09am On Feb 14, 2012
I was reading an article about a women who allowed her 7 year old daugther to get plastic surgery on her ears because she was afraid.Seven year old gets cosmetic surgery to stop bullying morning news program that her daughter's doctor said Samantha's ear would correct itself as she got older.Seven year-old Samantha Shaw, underwent plastic surgery to have her you can't make it undone and I think getting bullied is a thing you never .
dr pascual
Re: Seven Year Old Gets Plastic Surgery To Prevent Bullying (would You Allow It) by agiboma(f): 8:23am On Feb 14, 2012
I agree they should wait to see if she would outgrow it, and also teach the child that beauty is only skin deep, although appearences are important their not everything.

(1) (Reply)

WIVES - Why Do You Hide Financial Projects From Your Partner? / How To Choose Your Man / My Three And Half Year Old Son Inability To Speak Properly: Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.