Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways (62934 Views)

Nigeria Super Eagles Travel To Benin By Boat For AFCON Qualifier (Photos, Video) / AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat / 2021 AFCON Qualifier: Why Super Eagles May Travel By Boat To Benin – Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by owobokiri(m): 10:14am On Mar 27, 2021
Ibime:

Is it a publicity stunt for the ferry service? Cos I don't understand why they would put these multimillionaires through this, and even give some seasickness just 24 hours to a match. Each one of them can individually pay for a private jet so why waste their time and spend more hours than necessary in travelling. The whole jamboree sef increases their exposure time to Covid with more time spent in group and all these journalists and extras around.

Don't mind them!
I have over 2 dozen mentions from angry Nigerians mesmerized by buharis government on this thread, all wailing and trying to pretend it was all safe. Misplaced aggression? One even adviced me to travel, harassing me as he mentioned 1984 as the year he travelled first! If I give him the perfect reply now, e go be like say I too boast..
You understood where I was coming from. So I guess I wasn't talking rubbish after all..
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by Realhommie(m): 10:15am On Mar 27, 2021
owobokiri:

You are sure they never complained?
And from the comfort of your living room, you are also so sure that it was all "fun" for those seemingly worried folks?
Even with the scary faces?
You're doing well..
Guy rest abeg.. What scary faces? And who even told you their preparations were shabby? Some of you talk without comprehensive knowledge of or behind a situation..

Despite folks giving you several clues and education of the whole scenario you still wouldn't stop. Dem swear for una type sef?
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by HarunaWest(m): 10:15am On Mar 27, 2021
owobokiri:
This whole waterway traveling is sooo messy and dangerous considering all that can happen that it shouldn't be tried again. This is what happens when you don't have a tough captain. If it was when Stephen Keshi was the captain of super eagles or even Sunday Oliseh, this won't happen. Not a single jet to fly these guys to Cotonou in less than an hour? What if there was a pirate attack or mishap? Imagine the public relations nightmare that would have been for this seemingly shameless country? And how is it that an institution as big as the FA of a country like Nigeria is always complaining of funds, inspite of all the business opportunities available for the marketing department? This is what happens when you have rectangular pegs in horizontal holes..
So is waterways no longer a means of transportation?
Aren't all means of transport subject to accidents or disasters?
Even people die from just trekking a distance.
Nigerians and their yeye I must talk mentality.
Do you know the Numbers of NPF marine, Navy Special Ops and Nscdc that followed that team to port Novo?
Don't just come online to say thrasha abeg.
Just shut up..Y'all complain too much
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by Liposure: 10:33am On Mar 27, 2021
bakynes:

Is like some of una no dey read, its just 1 hr 40 minutes from Lagos to Porto Novo via ferry. Besides Port Novo is a coastal city and its faster using the ferry than road transport. It may even be faster than using Air transport considering they will still have to drive from Cotonou to Porto Novo.
Lagos to portonovo is about five to ten minutes by air depending on the flight speed. Moreover, cotonou and portonovo are pretty close like next door neighbors.
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by greggng: 10:52am On Mar 27, 2021
macdammy:
Hope dem no go embarass us there. .
If them loose the match, as dem dey comeback make the ship captain just pour all of them inside water

You should by now know the result ...Nigeria will be beaten badly ...that u 've to bury your face in shame

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by chichima67791: 11:04am On Mar 27, 2021
:Oga na lie, the enemy na politicians dey cos am, normally we don't care where anybody comes from we just relate on mutual benefits see this one oh
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by otipoju(m): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2021
owobokiri:
This whole waterway traveling is sooo messy and dangerous considering all that can happen that it shouldn't be tried again. This is what happens when you don't have a tough captain. If it was when Stephen Keshi was the captain of super eagles or even Sunday Oliseh, this won't happen. Not a single jet to fly these guys to Cotonou in less than an hour? What if there was a pirate attack or mishap? Imagine the public relations nightmare that would have been for this seemingly shameless country? And how is it that an institution as big as the FA of a country like Nigeria is always complaining of funds, inspite of all the business opportunities available for the marketing department? This is what happens when you have rectangular pegs in horizontal holes..

Planes do crash to u know.
Moreso, its a PR move

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by Tobid1822: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2021
Hi everyone, Please take a few minutes of your time and click on this link to help fill this questionnaire. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScGfFxoRJGOUkciKILK2l383Xv5mluG_Z9gctnjc7s14S1NVg/viewform?usp=sf_link
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by bakynes(m): 12:01pm On Mar 27, 2021
Liposure:
Lagos to portonovo is about five to ten minutes by air depending on the flight speed. Moreover, cotonou and portonovo are pretty close like next door neighbors.
Cotonou airport serves Porto Novo so the flight goes from Lagos to Cotonou and then they go by road to Porto Novo. Its easier with the ferry.
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by OduntanGabriel(m): 12:27pm On Mar 27, 2021
Miracood2:

This comment makes zero sense

Who ask you? You make more sense when you keep quiet.
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by jrusky(m): 12:38pm On Mar 27, 2021
Prussian:
Sheikh Gumi will see this and be regretting why that water didn't pass through Zamfara.

Sheik Gum or Superglue will die of heart attack las las
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by ofiko123(m): 12:40pm On Mar 27, 2021
Wishing the super eagles success in their upcoming fixture..
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by Engrlovedaycj: 12:57pm On Mar 27, 2021
Benin 1 vs Nigeria 2
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by Farmmarket602(m): 1:12pm On Mar 27, 2021
santopelele:
to serve Nigeria is not by force
Why can't the federal government provide them a nice Yatch instead of a big boat like that hiyaaaa nawao
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by dazzlingd(m): 1:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
Prussian:
Sheikh Gumi will see this and be regretting why that water didn't pass through Zamfara.

Chai grin grin see ransome dey waste
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by ibotcom(f): 2:16pm On Mar 27, 2021
Play with #100 to win #35million

36RHHMD

goodluck
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by Jonegonu: 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
owobokiri:
pointless what is wrong with water transportation.
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by PHAYOL81: 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2021
owobokiri:

Which particular environment are you refer to? The departure point at Falomo, Ikoyi or the arrival point at Port Novo?
Shows most of you ain't even residents of Lagos with this comment of yours. Lagos was trying to showcase how far they've gone in infrastructural development, especially its waterways transport facilities, to the world hence the transit. The environment was cool too. Many pictures the team took while boarding the boats was all over the internet and there are videos too. Stop the hate; Lagos would always get better whether you like it or not.

Pics below: 2, 3 are the Super Eagles team at Five Cowries jetty, Falomo, Ikoyi.
Pic 1: Kaduna tourism team on a study of Lagos tourism and creative development recently. The picture was the one they took at Five Cowries after a boat cruise.
Pics 4, 5: Arrival point at Port Novo, Benin Republic.

Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by powerblaze(m): 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2021
owobokiri:

What if the plane crashed? How many times do u hear about boat mishaps?
Abeg face front.. match go soon start..
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by PHAYOL81: 4:12pm On Mar 27, 2021
Liposure:

If stress is the factor you're considering, then this waterway system is better. First of, ten minutes would've elapsed before the flight negotiates its way out of our airspace unlike your wrong calculation and by the time it locate, seek landing permission and eventually landed at the arrival port, it would've gulped more than twenty minutes. Factor in the fact that they would have to check out, you're looking at more than forty minutes. Then, when you throw in the fact that they'll need to board another transport facility (bus in this case which would also sap more of their time and energy to get ready irrespective of the preparation in place for them) to take them from the airport in Cotonou to Port Novo, you understand the waterway is less consuming in respect to cost, stress, logistics and time efficiency.
It won't hurt to look at all situations critically before condemning anything. Moreover, know that planes/jets et all do crash too and its accidents are always the most fatal of all transport systems.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by Cashify: 4:14pm On Mar 27, 2021
They will perform woefully again they are just stunners
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by Bondinus(m): 4:33pm On Mar 27, 2021
winterfell007:

It's something very much to be proud of. It's not everything that must pass by road. Water transportation is an amazing mode of movement
It's a shame, big one.
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by owobokiri(m): 6:03pm On Mar 27, 2021
PHAYOL81:

Which particular environment are you refer to? The departure point at Falomo, Ikoyi or the arrival point at Port Novo?
Shows most of you ain't even residents of Lagos with this comment of yours. Lagos was trying to showcase how far they've gone in infrastructural development, especially its waterways transport facilities, to the world hence the transit. The environment was cool too. Many pictures the team took while boarding the boats was all over the internet and there are videos too. Stop the hate; Lagos would always get better whether you like it or not.

Pics below: 2, 3 are the Super Eagles team at Five Cowries jetty, Falomo, Ikoyi.
Pic 1: Kaduna tourism team on a study of Lagos tourism and creative development recently. The picture was the one they took at Five Cowries after a boat cruise.
Pics 4, 5: Arrival point at Port Novo, Benin Republic.

You can make your obviously good points without talking about "the hate"! Which one is I should quit hating Lagos and Lagos will be progressing even with my hate? I was even lambasting the NFA! Not Lagos.. Na you carry Lagos join!
Haba!
Which hate? A small me hating Lagos? For what na? You guys always blow little things out of proportion..
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by PHAYOL81: 6:27pm On Mar 27, 2021
owobokiri:

You can make your obviously good points without talking about "the hate"! Which one is I should quit hating Lagos and Lagos will be progressing even with my hate? I was even lambasting the NFA! Not Lagos.. Na you carry Lagos join!
Haba!
Which hate? A small me hating Lagos? For what na? You guys always blow little things out of proportion..

My bad for seeing that much, bro. Forget and let's move on. ****fist bump ****

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by bencarson007(m): 8:05pm On Mar 27, 2021
Prussian:

You don kill me with laugh here o.... Lol
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by macdammy(m): 7:51pm On Mar 28, 2021
Blaqfellow:
Is only a fool will make this kind of comments on social media

Your Papa na fool.
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by Solsix(m): 12:30pm On Mar 29, 2021
Prussian:
Hahahaha u dey madt I swear. My bellooo
Re: Pictures From The Super Eagles Trip To Benin Republic Via The Waterways by hucknall: 3:35pm On Mar 30, 2021
Thrash upon Thrash [s]
post=100245935:
Going to Cotonou by boat, we do that all the time, there's nothing wrong in exploring other forms of adventure in Nigeria
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fan Advises Mikel To Leave Olga Diyachenko & Come & Marry In Nigeria. She Reacts / Tyson Fury Blasts Anthony Joshua: Says "I'm More Nigerian Than You" / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Ahmed Musa And Juliet Adeh Ejue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.