Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 - Politics (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (57344 Views)

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 / Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 / President Jonathan Predicts Stable Electricity By April 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by enyojo(f): 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
father ab:

Some nuts in 'your head seams to have gone bad. If not what has she done that seems like misbehaviour. Even after elections, she or anyone still retains the right to air their views. So you mind urself

Thank your Rev Father Ab, I didn't know that some NLanders are still dis good. The majority may have their way but the minority (who don't join the bandwagon) like me can still have our say
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by muami(m): 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2011
enyojo:

[b]My consolation is that all those shameless Nigerians who voted for Umbulerra or aided riggings will regret it for several years to come
[/b]

Someone advised that we should be mature in celebrating our victory but how can we when people do not accept defeat?
For your information, democracy is about majority rule. The majority of Nigerians have spoken.
They have said NO to regional and ethnic bigots
They have said NO to a situation where a few persons sit down somewhere and decided who would rule us
They have said No to expired, uneducated and visionless leaders.
If you still have a problem with that you can go and hang yourself with the rest of the country move on to the promised land.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2011
danjohn:

efisher,  in fairness to Jonathan he has strengthened our democracy with this election.  Although this election is not perfect, it is a reflection of public opinion.  That in itself is a step in the right direction.  My hope and prayer is that Jonathan makes the Power (electricity) issue his top priority.  If President Jonathan can light up Nigeria, that will restart the engine of our economy and begin the journey to towards making Nigeria great again.  It is the job of those of us in the opposition to make sure that Jonathan keeps true to his promises.  

May God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Good man.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Remii(m): 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2011
agabaI23:

Jarus oya resign like you said not that I wanted you to resign anyway wink

PDP           CPC               ACN           ANPP

KADUNA          1,190,179    1,334,244     11,278       17,301

I think 1334k is bigger than 1190k, so why would he resign? CPC won Kaduna as he expected.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2011
Who won people, my bad, i cant go around all this thread, i just need who won, thank you
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2011
muami:

Someone advised that we should be mature in celebrating our victory but how can we when people do not accept defeat?
For your information, democracy is about majority rule. The majority of Nigerians have spoken.
They have said NO to regional and ethnic bigots
They have said NO to a situation where a few persons sit down somewhere and decided who would rule us
They have said No to [b]expired, uneducated [/b]and visionless leaders.
If you still have a problem with that you can go and hang yourself with the rest of the country move on to the promised land.

I concur.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Remii(m): 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2011
odiaero:

Who won people, my bad, i cant go around all this thread, i just need who won, thank you

GEJ is on his way to victory.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by passyjango(m): 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2011
muami:

They are already crying.Just go to Buhari4change facebook page and you would hear multi-dimensional crying. I am glad I stood at the right side of the history being made today.Nigeria would definitely be great again

It is better to cry for just a day than to cry for 4 years full of regret. At least we are not expecting much from his administration, so our hearts cannot be broken by him when he fails. It is your heart that would be broken when your messiah dashes all your hopes in the next four years with fresh excuses. The only thing GEJ can do now is to surprise me by proving me wrong, but I doubt the coconut can do just that.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Bensonite: 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2011
ahidjo:

[size=20pt]General Buhari should raise money and assemble the best forensic experts in the world to challenge the despicable results being churned out from South east and south South. We can not continue to have losers as winners of elections in Nigeria. We can not continue to allow fraud to thrive in Nigeria. Where other states are 50% voters, SS and SE are having 80%, 90% and 100%. Let the riggers of this election as well as their families, supporters be cursed forever and may God never answer their prayers.[/size]
I expect you to cry but you came here writing rubbish. If SS and SE are really serious people we would have got 95% turn out and 99% in favour of GEJ. I am surprised in Rivers with 2.4million registered only 1.8million voted.
Please go and tell him to raise money from Mohammed Abachi to get the forensic experts. You will be shocked that they will find all the CPC votes from underaged children.
If he had won you would have flooded this site with all manner of clean, free and fair posts.  GEJ said on the day of the election that he would hand over should he lose as he has committed to make himself sacrificial lamb but quite contrary your saint Buhar started crying foul that planes are flying at night to katsina and so the election will not be free and he knows perhaps he would lose and concluded he may not go to court but his party may go.
Go and drink kai kai and sleep boy before those curse come to you
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by yomifoster: 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2011
ahidjo:

[size=20pt]General Buhari should raise money and assemble the best forensic experts in the world to challenge the despicable results being churned out from South east and south South. We can not continue to have losers as winners of elections in Nigeria. We can not continue to allow fraud to thrive in Nigeria. Where other states are 50% voters, SS and SE are having 80%, 90% and 100%. Let the riggers of this election as well as their families, supporters be cursed forever and may God never answer their prayers.[/size]

You are saying God should not answer pples prayers because Buhari lost in the South East and South South. This is the kind of sectional and vindictive spirit that Nigerians voted against and Buhari will still lose again with such spirit. Objectively lets look at it carefully. Others are making promises, Jonathan is fulfilling promises of fairness, equity and rule of law. He went round all the zones and states in the country campaigning for votes. Buhari campaigned all in the North, then came to the South West where he only stopped over to greet Governor Daniel in Ogun State courtesy of Bakare (who is from Abeokuta) then to Ibadan where he spent 30 minutes campaigning and back to the North that same day. Later he went to the South East where he moved to Owerri from the airport, spent less than one hour and back to the airport enroute North. This is a simple way of despising other parts of the country. By simple logic and common sense, it means a Buhari presidency will oscillate between Abuja and the North. Nigerians are wiser than that. Buhari ignored the Yorubas and the people of the SE and SS to his own peril while Jonathan demonstrated that he believes in a collective Nigeria but Buhari sees Nigeria as the North and the rest are nothing but appendages. Ribadu is an intelligent young man who has proven that he could do well but can also be used by a godfather for other purposes. E.g Obasanjo was using him to pursue his political enemies while his friends and associates were stealing Nigeria blind. A Tinubu overhang around him makes me cautious about him. But I believe he may change with time. Jonathan still remained the best candidate and thats why people and not politicians alone voted for him.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by fatherab1: 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2011
enyojo:

Thank your Rev Father Ab, I didn't know that some NLanders are still dis good. The majority may have their way but the minority (who don't join the bandwagon) like me can still have our say

I no be Rev Father, I get children and I still support Buhari no matter what the final results say or have said.
God knows that its not that I'm jobless or homeless that I root for an Anti-corruption crusader as President, But for millions of Nigerians who remain jobless and homeless. No thanks to corruption.

JONATHAN AS HE STANDS TODAY IS CORRUPT. SAMBO WAS A CORRUPT CONTRACTOR TO KADUNA STATE.  
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by muami(m): 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2011
efisher:

GEJ won by every standard. Look at the areas in Nigeria that represent Nigeria and have close to 90% credibility e.g. Abuja and Lagos. and Rivers State Is it not clear that the totality of NIGERIANS want GEJ? Anybody that cannot win Abuja and Lagos has a question mark. Whatever happened in the NW was cancelled out in SS and SE.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by passyjango(m): 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2011
Remii:

PDP           CPC               ACN           ANPP

KADUNA          1,190,179    1,334,244     11,278       17,301

I think 1334k is bigger than 1190k, so why would he resign? CPC won Kaduna as he expected.

The guy said Kano not Kaduna
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by swezenberg(m): 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2011
With this result GEJ should now see that Nigeria is no longer the Nigeria of the 80's 90's. If he fails to give us what we want we won't mind replacing him with Basket mouth. So he needs to wake up. Nigerians have woken up, although there are still some sleepy heads out there. GEJ has been saddled with the responsibility, he needs to know those he will dine with. Although I did not support his party but I was never against his personalty I congratulate him once again. You win some and lose some.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2011
passyjango:

It is better to cry for just a day than to cry for 4 years full of regret. At least we are not expecting much from his administration, so our hearts cannot be broken by him when he fails. It is your heart that would be broken when your messiah dashes all your hopes in the next four years with fresh excuses. The only thing GEJ can do now is to surprise me by proving me wrong, but I doubt the coconut can do just that.

More like fresh odour!

I expect him to continue with his mooronic governance.

Maybe national honour for Bode George now for winning Lagos.

We have a cretin as President.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
passyjango:

What exactly are the reasons why you support Buhari over GEJ? Please be objective and speak about the issues. Do not base your analysis on sentiments.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by vladimiros: 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
i just hope buhari now retires full time. he need rest
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by muami(m): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2011
passyjango:

It is better to cry for just a day than to cry for 4 years full of regret. [b]At least we are not expecting much from his administration, so our hearts cannot be broken by him when he fails. It is your heart that would be broken when your messiah dashes all your hopes in the next four years with fresh excuses. [/b]The only thing GEJ can do now is to surprise me by proving me wrong, but I doubt the coconut can do just that.

Unfortunately, I am not an 'expecter'. I am not like you who sit down and expects the government to perform magic. Rather, I would join hands with the government to move Nigeria forward.
BTW, one of the reasons Buhari lost was because he believes he knows it all and the rest of Nigerians are fools.Unfortunately for him we are not fools and it showed in our votes.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by aletheia(m): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2011
enyojo:

My consolation is that all those shameless Nigerians who voted for Umbulerra or aided riggings will regret it for several years to come
^See your life! Bitterness of heart and bilious disposition. So you are cursing Nigerians and your country because your bigoted candidate failed to win. Nigerians voted against sectionalism and narrow ethnic exclusivity. All your curses and evil prayers for Nigeria will not come to pass. Even your candidate's running mate did not believe in your cause and you are here cursing Nigerians.

[Tunde] Bakare said, “Let me tell you the truth by the spirit of God, neither (President Olusegun Obasanjo), OBJ, Atiku (Abubakar), IBB and this tall one, (Muhammadu) Buhari are part of the new. They are part of the old that is decaying. That old one is passing away. The new is emerging and these ones are not part of that new.

Somebody shout Hallelujah! grin
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2011
father ab:

I no be Rev Father, I get children and I still support Buhari no matter what the final results say or have said.
God knows that its not that I'm jobless or homeless that I root for an Anti-corruption crusader as President, But for millions of Nigerians who remain jobless and homeless. No thanks to corruption.

JONATHAN AS HE STANDS TODAY IS CORRUPT. SAMBO WAS A CORRUPT CONTRACTOR TO KADUNA STATE.  

What are your reasons that support your conclusion that Jonathan is corrupt?
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by OpsE1: 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2011
vladimiros:

soooo, what would buhari supporters say if GEJ wins

cus this time i don`t think tis rig its quite clear the south mostly never liked buhari

and he also refused to recognise the need to reach out to them especially South East.He never visited SE throughout his campaign period.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by passyjango(m): 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2011
Princek12:

What exactly are the reasons why you support Buhari over GEJ? Please be objective and speak about the issues. Do not base your analysis on sentiments.

Is that still necessary? Nigerians have decided. Will my answer change the result?
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by IFELEKE(m): 2:24pm On Apr 17, 2011
vladimiros:

am neutral in this election but it seems BB supporters are real cry babies

when you never had support of the south why you surprised

jEEz guys brains
  Spot On!. . .Buhari though a good man never cut across as a nationalist,I think he realised-though late- that it takes more than mad followership up north to rule Nigeria. . .Let's audaciously hope amidst general hopelessness that GEJ will get it right this time.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by danjohn: 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2011
aletheia:

^Overall, a nice post that was spoiled at the end by this sentence. It's time we Nigerians learned how to lose gracefully. In a democracy; we may not agree with the people's choice but we should at least respect it. The irony of the situation is that a Northern candidate may well have won the election if it wasn't any of the old guard which Nigerians associate with the problems of Nigeria (represented by Buhari) but was younger (Buhari should have stepped down for Ribadu). A lot of people voted GEJ because he represented the best option of preventing a Buhari presidency IMO.

@aletheia, I am just a bit disappointed. I think a vibrant opposition if necessary for a democracy to be strengthened. We need to have formidable options. I know that I may appear like a sore loser, but, if it counts for anything, I am not disputing the result. I am only disappointed.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2011
passyjango:

Is that still necessary? Nigerians have decided. Will my answer change the result?

It is still necessary for me to understand your cause. Because your candidate lost does not mean that your cause should die. You sound like you are among the legions of Buhari supporters who cannot state substantive reasons as to why you support your candidate. There you go dodging the question.

Buhari is an old cargo masquerading as change. Nigerians have woken up and will not allow an illiterate rule us again.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by soloqy: 2:30pm On Apr 17, 2011
yomifoster:

You are saying God should not answer pples prayers because Buhari lost in the South East and South South. This is the kind of sectional and vindictive spirit that Nigerians voted against and Buhari will still lose again with such spirit. Objectively lets look at it carefully. Others are making promises, Jonathan is fulfilling promises of fairness, equity and rule of law. He went round all the zones and states in the country campaigning for votes. Buhari campaigned all in the North, then came to the South West where he only stopped over to greet Governor Daniel in Ogun State courtesy of Bakare (who is from Abeokuta) then to Ibadan where he spent 30 minutes campaigning and back to the North that same day. Later he went to the South East where he moved to Owerri from the airport, spent less than one hour and back to the airport enroute North. This is a simple way of despising other parts of the country. By simple logic and common sense, it means a Buhari presidency will oscillate between Abuja and the North. Nigerians are wiser than that. Buhari ignored the Yorubas and the people of the SE and SS to his own peril while Jonathan demonstrated that he believes in a collective Nigeria but Buhari sees Nigeria as the North and the rest are nothing but appendages. Ribadu is an intelligent young man who has proven that he could do well but can also be used by a godfather for other purposes. E.g Obasanjo was using him to pursue his political enemies while his friends and associates were stealing Nigeria blind. A Tinubu overhang around him makes me cautious about him. But I believe he may change with time. Jonathan still remained the best candidate and thats why people and not politicians alone voted for him.

Great post. All we read from Buhari supporters are curses and more curses. What sort of humans are these? Anyone that has a divergent view must be ostracized and eliminated? What sort of intolerant and violent people are these?
For a couple of weeks before the elections, they were here insulting the president with whatever words they could muster and saying that Buhari would humiliate him.

Some of us came back to the forum after a long absence just to objectively analyze the situation for them and let them know how Jonathan would win(fair and square). But they wouldn't take it and now the claws are coming out again.
Two days ago, I explained to someone how South West is a dynamic area and how they will vote Jonathan despite voting against pdp individuals in the NASS elections but they called me silly for saying it.

They all should just grow up.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by IFELEKE(m): 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2011
vladimiros:

am neutral in this election but it seems BB supporters are real cry babies

when you never had support of the south why you surprised

jEEz guys brains
  Spot On!. . .Buhari though a good man never cut across as a nationalist,I think he realised-though late- that it takes more than mad followership up north to rule Nigeria. . .Let's audaciously hope amidst general hopelessness that GEJ will get it right this time.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by dejavume: 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2011
Edo

PDP: 542,173;
ACN: 54,242 ;
CPC: 17, 795;
ANPP: 2, 174.

As announced by Professor Eghosa Osaghae returning officer Edo state

Kogi
ANPP 16, 491
PDP 399,916
CPC 133, 201
ACN 6, 516

As announced by Mallam Abubakar Ahmadu

Lagos
PDP: 1281688
ACN: 427,203
CPC: 189, 983
ANPP: 8,941

Enugu:
PDP: 802,144;
CPC: 3,753;
ACN: 1,755;
ANPP: 1,111

Imo:
PDP 1,381,357,
ACN 14,821;
CPC 7,591,
ANPP 2,520

As announced by Prof. Enoch Akobundu, Returning officer Imo state
Bauchi

CPC: 1, 315, 209
PDP: 258, 404
ACN: 16, 674
ANPP: 8,777
Results as announced by the returning officer, Prof. Mohd. H. Mohd

Kebbi
CPC: 501, 453
PDP: 369, 198
ACN: 26, 171
ANPP: 3,

Results as announced by the returning officer, Prof. Sani Muhammad Dangogo

Jigawa

CPC: 663,994;
PDP: 244,742;
ANPP: 7,673
ACN: 17,355

Results as announced by the returning officer, Prof. Professor Jibrila Dahiru Amin
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by aletheia(m): 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
danjohn:

@aletheia, I am just a bit disappointed.
I understand your disappointment. And I can relate with that. You have been one of the most civil BB supporters to the extent that GenBuhari called you a PDP mole. grin Take heart, Nigeria will make progress; but we all need to join hands together, whether pro-GEJ or pro-Buhari or other. That's the truth, not waiting for one messianic figure to bail us out.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by passyjango(m): 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
muami:

Unfortunately, I am not an 'experter'. I am not like you who sit down and expects the government to perform magic. Rather, I would join hands with the government to move Nigeria forward.
BTW, one of the reasons Buhari lost was because he believes he knows it all and the rest of Nigerians are fools.Unfortunately for him we are not fools and it showed in our votes.

I will leave it to posterity to judge who the fools are. After all there was a time when pro-slavery parties were supported by the majority in the west. Today no party will win an election on pro-slavery sentiment. I am not expecting any magic, you do not need magic to provide electricity or build the Benin Ore express road. Or are you asking me to build the road with my money while GEJ and his friends help themselves with our collective wealth. It is probably because of people like you that we have irresponsible leaders.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by JaaizTech: 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2011
passyjango:

I will leave it to posterity to judge who the fools are. After all there was a time when pro-slavery parties were supported by the majority in the west. Today no party will win an election on pro-slavery sentiment. I am not expecting any magic, you do not need magic to provide electricity or build the Benin Ore express road. Or are you asking me to build the road with my money while GEJ and his friends help themselves with our collective wealth. It is probably because of people like you that we have irresponsible leaders.
The same is applicable to Pro-GEJ supporters, ask them why they are voting for GEJ, and they suddenly get startled. Really this election was won and lost on sentimental grounds for both sides.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by rhymz(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2011
I like the way the election results are going. In fact, whatever gains Buhari had garned in core northern states was neutralized by results from the Eastern blocs, especially from states like Rivers, Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra just to mention a few. Where as the CPC could not get 25% of the votes cast in eastern states, in the north, the story is a bit different as PDP managed to pull 25% of the votes in core northern stronghold ans NE states.
JEG is surely cruising to victory. The SW has managed to provide the fairness and neutrality that this elections require, yet the PDP still is the clear leader in the region. Let's wait for the remaining anouncements drom the RECs, I dont see any re-run here. .lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (42) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Who Criticized Goodluck Jonathan Over Exchange Rate (2014 Vs 2023) / Wike Declares Princewill Osaroejiji, Eleme PDP Youth Leader Wanted, N5M Bounty / GEJ's FB Post On The Current Sate Of The Nations Security, And People's Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.