Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,336 members, 7,867,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:00 AM

To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law (1659 Views)

APC Sycophants Have No Idea Who Buhari Is, Says Bishop Isong / Boko Haram, MEND And Igbo Tribalists On NL Are CIA Agents Doing Covert Ops. / Are You All Not Tribalists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law by EzeUche(m): 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2011
I don't believe the OP.
Re: To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law by FACE(m): 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2011
ndu_chucks:

In the past 10years, which of the major candidates can you not pin any accusation of corruption on? I submit to you that the answer is Buhari and not GEJ. Which of the major candidates would you say can do the most to reduce corruption in Nigeria? Buhari again.

Yaya dei alhaji. Ka na lahia ko ? N na geshua.

Very smart take there, but it doesn't wash. Why the past 10 years ? Buhari hasn't been in power in the last 10 years has he ? The point is that he was corrupt (overthrew a legitimate govt), caused artificial inflation, rode roughshod over the populace and they all gloated while referring to us as bloody civilians and he was brash and unrepentant about the past.

It is true that he might be a strict person same as Abacha waswitch hunting bank directors and looting us dry. His only regret may be that he was out-looted by Abacha and IBB and we are not going to give him the chance to equalize.
Re: To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law by nduchucks: 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2011
FACE:

Yaya dei alhaji. Ka na lahia ko ? N na geshua.

Very smart take there, but it doesn't wash. Why the past 10 years ? Buhari hasn't been in power in the last 10 years has he ? The point is that he was corrupt (overthrew a legitimate govt), caused artificial inflation, rode roughshod over the populace and they all gloated while referring to us as bloody civilians and he was brash and unrepentant about the past.

It is true that he might be a strict person same as Abacha waswitch hunting bank directors and looting us dry. His only regret may be that he was out-looted by Abacha and IBB and we are not going to give him the chance to equalize.

lafia kalao, kai fa?

In all honesty, nothing you wrote up there shows that Buhari is not the best candidate to fight corruption/theft/looting in Nigeria. Do you honestly believe that GEJ would out do Buhari in that area? Don't you agree that corruption is our number one problem?

Given all the benefits you've enjoyed in the North, including excellent education, one would have thought by now, you would have been detribalized/deregionalized.
Re: To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law by Dede1(m): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You are wrong!!! Education is Education -- As long as one is more educated, one is more educated. Please drop your ridiculous ethnic blabbers and attempt to make sense for once on here. Your posts are laden with so much bigotry that it rarely makes sense for those of us who do not live in your mind there.

You are right that a pig is a pig regardless of the baths and you are a clear example of that . . no matter how many attempts you make to sound educated, you still sound like the bigot you are known to be unfortunately.

Education: The process or art of imparting knowledge, skill and judgment.

For example, the first education I received resourcefully came from my mother. I guess your mother did same to you.

However, during my class of cadet intake to NDA we were required to achieve a certain level of success as result of secondary school education. But when such level is lowered for certain candidates through political and ethnic nepotism, the benefactors of such corrupt political machination shall ever remain socially unfit.

I have learnt in human nature that anybody that cries wolf actually eats with wolfs. So you can spend all your wasteful time to shout bigotry, I shall never relent in my pursuit to speak the truth.
Re: To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law by ymozay: 4:31pm On Apr 16, 2011
Copied from Facebook,but indeed brutal truth:

"After messing up ur hair 12 times, would u go back 2 d same barber just b'cos he has a new clipper? The clipper might b good, but its in d hands of d same barber?.
Re: To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Apr 16, 2011
Dede1:

Education: The process or art of imparting knowledge, skill and judgment.

For example, the first education I reconceived resourcefully came from my mother. I guess your mother did same to you.

However, during my class of cadet intake to NDA we were required to achieve a certain level of success as result of secondary school education. But when such level is lowered for certain candidates through political and ethnic nepotism, the benefactors of such corrupt political machination shall ever remain socially unfit.

Dude, I know you are trying to say what you have said earlier a bit different, but the fact is you are actually still just repeating yourself here. Education(Profile) the man is among some of the most educated we have in government. Unless you can tell us, with evidence, that his mother never imparted knowledge to him through out her tiem and life with him, then may I suggest you stick to measuring that which you know of. You only dig the hole deeper for your person when you try to comment on that which you do not know for a fact.

Dede1:

I have learnt in human nature that anybody that cries wolf actually eats with wolfs. So you can spend all your wasteful time to shout bigotry, I shall never relent in my pursuit to speak the truth.

So, anyone who attempts to speak truth is a liar?? WOW . . . this is the sort of education you have there with you? Unbelievable!!

On the bigotry issue, it is simply a case of calling a spade -- a spade. You exude bigotry . . .your every posts you make sure to include your bigotry and disdain for others simply for being of different ethnicity. I am not sure what you think but this is the dictionary definition of bigotry. If you do not like being called out for what you are known for . . . then maybe make attempts to distance yourself from such. This is what common sense really is.
Re: To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law by nduchucks: 4:37pm On Apr 16, 2011
Dede1:

So you passed through Zaria? No wonder you somehow sound familiar, I may have punished you for insubordination a couple of times, if time lines coinside.  cool

You of all people should know that quota system is an effective tool to correct some inbuilt wrongs in advanced societies. When the wrongs have been adequately corrected, the quota system ends. You probably got into NDA because of quota system yourself, albeit, after passing the necesary exams with an above average score.
Re: To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law by somze(f): 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2011
I don't want to comment on your alleged relationship with the President, however, the rest of your posts are more of attacks and less of facts.

I have been the most uncompromising critic of the President and First Lady,because they are corrupt.

Evidence?

but there is SCARCITY of KEROSENE. Is kerosene not fuel?
Fuel is subsidized and regulated, kerosene and diesel is deregulated and not subsidized. Kerosene also is NOT scarce. It was scarce weeks back but things have been normal for a while now.

The voters from the South East and South-South who support GEJ are doing so for their selfish interests and greed. You see nepotism and tribalism are evils.
Following your line of reason, voters of Buhari from the North are doing so based on . . . ?
Re: To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law by Dede1(m): 5:13pm On Apr 16, 2011
ndu_chucks:

So you passed through Zaria? No wonder you somehow sound familiar, I may have punished you for insubordination a couple of times, if time lines coinside.  cool

You of all people should know that quota system is an effective tool to correct some inbuilt wrongs in advanced societies. When the wrongs have been adequately corrected, the quota system ends. You probably got into NDA because of quota system yourself, albeit, after passing the necesary exams with an above average score. 

What wrong did Amuta commit in 1961 that forced him out of the class that headed to Sandhurst, UK other than he was Igbo from eastern region of Nigeria? The replacement of the Igbo chap with a northerner angered a man who could well become Senate president come the next session of NASS to vacate his seat unfilled in the famed British Royal Academy till today.

Ndu, I am not a product of quota system. However, I stood qualified as a Nigerian. Time lines could be years apart.  grin grin grin
Re: To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law by FACE(m): 5:45pm On Apr 16, 2011
ndu_chucks:

lafia kalao, kai fa?

In all honesty, nothing you wrote up there shows that Buhari is not the best candidate to fight corruption/theft/looting in Nigeria. Do you honestly believe that GEJ would out do Buhari in that area? Don't you agree that corruption is our number one problem?

Given all the benefits you've enjoyed in the North, including excellent education, one would have thought by now, you would have been detribalized/deregionalized.

Although I know that corruption is a problem, it has gone on far too long to be eradicated with a magic wand and it would take time and a strong judiciary to stamp out.

Our major problems could be divided into three categories:

1. Size of government: we spend at least 80% of our budget on recurrent expenditure; with the NASS taking at least 30% share in legitimate allocation. The amount that we lose to corruption is a fraction of the remaining 20%. In my opinion, we do not need a two tier NASS and we don’t need more than 80 lawmakers to drive us forward. I have similar views for LG and State governments and they should be stripped of some statutory allowances e.g. constituency allowance.                    

The bottom line is that Nigeria is not as rich as we think if we are only going to devote less than 20% of our budget to capital projects.

The way out for us is Privatisation and I trust GEJ more than I trust Buhari or Ribadu. However, privatization would be of minimal effect with the current electricity problems, but I am impressed with GEJ and Ribadu’s plan but can’t say the same for Buhari.

GEJ also has a clear energy blue print and I would like to believe that he would follow through on the blue print, but Buhari and Ribadu have presented nothing tangible so why should I vote for them? I may like pay as you go phones, but I am not going to go for a “decide as you go president”

2. Lack of commitment: we lack commitment and continuity and do not follow through on projects and this gives room for substandard jobs and project abandonment even when the project has been paid for.

3. Weak judiciary/enforcement bodies: we have laws but the executive still interferes with the judiciary and the enforcement arm is weakened as a result of a weak judiciary.

If I were a legislator, I would pursue things like:

1.Public Contract Liability Act: This act would strengthen contracts and force contractors to work to a standard and making them responsible for durability of job with a time frame specified in the contract documents. Penalties to include heavy fines in addition to re-execution of the contracts, liquidation and jail term for directors and exclusion from running any companies.

2. Private Citizen Enforcement Act: this act would aim to give rights to private citizen to drag contractors and FG/SG to court for substandard public works, but there would be penalties for the abuse of the privilege.

When Buhari wielded absolute power, the NASS were not there to take 30% of our budget, so what did he achieve with a smaller govt and more money in his pocket? Sorry, but it is now too late act goody two shoes.
Re: To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law by Orikinla(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2011
[size=28pt]Dame Patience Jonathan, is from Ohuhu in Umuahia North Local Government Area of the state.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/Orikinla
[/size]

[size=18pt]IGNORANCE KILLS.[/size]
Re: To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law by FACE(m): 6:46pm On Apr 16, 2011
Orikinla:

[size=28pt]Dame Patience Jonathan, is from Ohuhu in Umuahia North Local Government Area of the state.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/Orikinla
[/size]

[size=18pt]IGNORANCE KILLS.[/size]
Make we pour champagne ?

I hutubeghi ebe nwanne kporo nwanne ya ashi mbu, ka I che na I bu mbu ?
Re: To All The Fanatics, Sycophants And Tribalists Of My Brother-in-law by AjanleKoko: 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2012
bump,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnpc, Oil Marketers Share N2.4bn Fuel Subsidy Daily / Pdp Chairman, Caught Pants Down Afer "Doing It" With A Prostitute [photo] / Uh-oh: American NBC News Cameraman Tests Positive For Ebola Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.