Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,103 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba (20168 Views)

Osun: They Are Collecting Our Money, I Haven't Seen Any Votes - Party Agent / The 3.29% Turnout At The Aba North/south Bye-election Is Worrisome / Aba North/South By-Election: Explosion In Aba Disrupts Voting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by fergie001: 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2021
letu
observanc1
kalu61
majole

grin grin grin

Abia: Election in some polling units must be repeated – Kalu

Candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the ongoing Aba North/Aba South Federal Constituency bye-election, Mr. Mascot Kalu, has said that the exercise was marred by violence in some polling units.

Kalu, who is the younger brother of Chief Orji Kalu, the Chief Whip of the Senate, said he would call for the repeat of the election in the alleged violent areas.

He spoke at the Eziama High School Ward 01, Unit 014, during an interaction with newsmen.

“We have reports of malpractice at Abia Polytechnic, vote buying at Item Hall but here at Eziama, it has been peaceful.

“We had a vigorous campaign and are hopeful we will emerge victorious but it is the people that will decide at the end of the day,” Kalu said.

He denied the allegation that APC engaged the military to disrupt voting in some wards.

According to him, the military operatives only moved into areas they were invited due to electoral violence.

There was an explosion at a polling unit in ward 8, Ogbor Hill, Aba North on Saturday during the Aba North and South Constituency by-election.

It was gathered that the incident created tension in the area as electoral officials fled the polling unit.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, ASP Geoffrey Ogbonna told DAILY POST correspondent that an unknown mischief smashed a bottle on the floor leading to the tension.

“Someone smashed a bottle on the floor at one of the polling units, which aroused tension there,” he stated.

Earlier, there was a report that a collation officer for the All Progressives Congress, APC was kidnapped by unknown gunmen during the election.

However, when asked, the PPRO said “there was nothing like that.”

DAILY POST reports that following the death of Ossy Prestige, the lawmaker who represented the Aba North/Aba South at the House of Representatives, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is currently conducting a bye-election in the constituency.

Recall that the state government had raised the alarm over an influx of hoodlums into the state prior to the election.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by garfield1: 9:14pm On Mar 27, 2021
letu:
Ngwas will lose like you said, then it will mean that Abia State people go back like it was during Orji Uzor Kalu era as governor of Abia State When he controls every thing including all the Senators and representatives were all under his control in Abia State.

No sir.ngwas have had their turn,it must go back to abia north whether apc or pdp
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by fergie001: 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2021
garfield1:

No sir.ngwas have had their turn,it must go back to abia north whether apc or pdp
Must?

grin cheesy grin
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by kalu61(m): 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2021
garfield1:
How
I'm sorry if you longer understand.
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by kalu61(m): 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2021
fergie001:
letu observanc1 kalu61 majole
grin grin grin
Lost and won. Let's move to the next thing.
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by fergie001: 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2021
kalu61:
Lost and won. Let's move to the next thing.
Tell him to be calming down...Please
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by slivertongue: 11:44pm On Mar 27, 2021
iokpebholo:
with due respect sir your level of fraustration is becoming very annoying sir..calm down
apt

2 Likes

Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by slivertongue: 11:52pm On Mar 27, 2021
kalu61:
Not being the face but to give Abians platform to choose. Ogar, Oti but not Ihejirika

TA wanted him but saw the handwriting on the wall. Oti yes but has lost steam. from this party that party but he is a good fellow. ogar? I doubt
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by slivertongue: 11:54pm On Mar 27, 2021
fergie001:
Someone called him Governor-in-waiting yesterday grin grin grin grin grin
Nothing wey person no go see......

them go take am clean political table
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by fergie001: 12:05am On Mar 28, 2021
slivertongue:
them go take am clean political table

No loud am abeg....army money dey sweet
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by ABANGWABOI(m): 12:44am On Mar 28, 2021
LadySarah:
OUK is trying to bring back his dirty divisive terrorist mamacracy style of governance back to Abia.

Ngwa ppl should show him who they are.

Demonic looter!Devil Incarnate, who spearheaded the cesspit Abia have become.

OUK mbu onye ohi... (Na looter nah)
Ma ya , Ma nwanneya .. (even em brother)
Aga ha ekeweta.. (body go tell them)

Anyi ndi Iche we.. (we dey wait Dem)
We go shock them..

That Man literally, messed up the state, siphoned our funds and Installed another devil over us and still want to dictate the affairs of the state even till this moment..
It is just a matter of time, he would be humiliated and humbled..
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by ABANGWABOI(m): 12:50am On Mar 28, 2021
garfield1:

Brother , Ohuhu people has had their turn too albeit Twice. Kalu And TA.. Ngwa only Once (Okezie) going by fairness.. ngwa deserves another shot at the seat.. the. It would be evenly balanced..
And the Ngwa people luckily, are not willing to hand over that power to the OHUHU people that had 16yrs straight of rulership till they do so too..

cc fergie001
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by McTobe(m): 12:52am On Mar 28, 2021
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by McTobe(m): 12:54am On Mar 28, 2021
@Op there is nothing like Collation Officer for APC. (In the first two lines of the first paragraph)Collation Officer is appointed by INEC.
Nemere2020:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/aba-north-south-by-election-gunmen-kidnap-apc-collation-officer-in-aba/amp/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by fergie001: 1:37am On Mar 28, 2021
ABANGWABOI:

Brother , Ohuhu people has had their turn too albeit Twice. Kalu And TA.. Ngwa only Once (Okezie) going by fairness.. ngwa deserves another shot at the seat.. the. It would be evenly balanced..
And the Ngwa people luckily, are not willing to hand over that power to the OHUHU people that had 16yrs straight of rulership till they do so too..
No.

Abia North had theirs for 8 years...
Abia Central had theirs for 8 years
Abia South is having theirs for 8 years now...

...Originally it should go to Abia North again....but it is almost clear that it will be a tough sell now, the Ngwa people want it again.

Worse, it goes to Isuikwuato....if they behave well.

1 Like

Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by garfield1: 1:39am On Mar 28, 2021
slivertongue:

TA wanted him but saw the handwriting on the wall. Oti yes but has lost steam. from this party that party but he is a good fellow. ogar? I doubt

Something is not adding up with this moniker.you claim to be a northerner but suddenly writing like an abian.I hope its not what I am thinking.your writing style is and choice of words is very familiar to me.hmmm.I hope its not what I am thinking
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by fergie001: 1:40am On Mar 28, 2021
garfield1:

Something is not adding up with this moniker.you claim to be a northerner but suddenly writing like an abian.I hope its not what I am thinking.your writing style is and choice of words is very familiar to me.hmmm.I hope its not what I am thinking
Obviously Abian based in the North.
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by garfield1: 1:43am On Mar 28, 2021
fergie001:

No.

...Originally it should go to Abia North again....but it is almost clear that since that place is an APC stronghold, it is likely another Ngwa man will commence another 8 years before it goes to Central again.

Arochukwu/ohafia it goes or umunneochi(isuochi precisely)...
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by garfield1: 1:44am On Mar 28, 2021
fergie001:

Obviously Abian based in the North.

No.but let me leave it.my problem with the guy is that he pretends to be neutral but is a closet pdp fan.
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by fergie001: 1:45am On Mar 28, 2021
garfield1:

Arochukwu/ohafia it goes or umunneochi(isuochi precisely)...

Noooooo.....there are good plans going on grin
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by fergie001: 1:51am On Mar 28, 2021
garfield1:

No.but let me leave it.my problem with the guy is that he pretends to be neutral but is a closet pdp fan.
Nobody in politics section of NL is neutral....

It is either you are biased towards a party or towards an individual.
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by pepericozi: 6:47am On Mar 28, 2021
How come? How can campaign Officer also double as collation Officer.

Ojoro cancel

shocked
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by kalu61(m): 7:09am On Mar 28, 2021
ABANGWABOI:

cc fergie001
l will advice you to walk aback and study Abia political history since democratic inception. It will do you alot of good.
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by kalu61(m): 7:13am On Mar 28, 2021
fergie001:

No.

...Originally it should go to Abia North again....but it is almost clear that it will be a tough sell now, the Ngwa people want it again.

When l hear ngwa say they will retain power, l just de laugh. Ikuku hold ngwa son for scrotum and his kingsmen have done nothing to free him just as Ibeku people freed their son.

Ngwa people will be chasing clouds if they think they can retain powergrin
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by slivertongue: 7:14am On Mar 28, 2021
garfield1:

Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by iokpebholo: 8:09am On Mar 28, 2021
slivertongue:

all I have written is common knowledge except u were s teen back then. I don't waste time on what I know. u writing style, open mockery of SS governors, use of insults makes doubt ur CRS claim. I ain't familiar to you. don't think this forum is made up of kids.
That guy will never and can never b from cross river. Somebody wey dey worship d bullon van thief like say na him papa.mcheew
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by glacswhite: 8:48am On Mar 28, 2021
kalu61:
When l hear ngwa say they will retain power, l just de laugh. Ikuku hold ngwa son for scrotum and his kingsmen have done nothing to free him just as Ibeku people freed their son.

Ngwa people will be chasing clouds if they think they can retain powergrin

Ngwa Holds 9LGAs n Obingwa plus Ossisioma are highest in Abia I.e thrice any number of LGA in votes

only this 9LGA can give any Governor winning deserved

1 Like

Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by kalu61(m): 8:56am On Mar 28, 2021
glacswhite:

Ngwa Holds 9LGAs n Obingwa plus Ossisioma are highest in Abia I.e thrice any number of LGA in votes

How many ngwa people lives outside Aba and how many Abians lives in Aba. Did you put that into your permutations?

9LGAs grin How many LG chairmen from ngwa has osisioma produced?

l don't like arguing much. Until them. First, free your OVI from the political hand on his scrotum.
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by glacswhite: 9:01am On Mar 28, 2021
kalu61:
How many ngwa people lives outside Aba and how many Abians lives in Aba. Did you put that into your permutations?

9LGAs grin

l don't like arguing much. Until them. First, free your OVI from the political hand on his scrotum.

Am not referring to Aba ...am making reference based on Previous Elections from OUK regime till now..

those 9LGAs has more votes than the remaining 8.

Note: outside Aba n umuahia other places nah desolate areas ..I ve gone round

and Umuahia is PDP state only Bende n Umunneochi are APC
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by kalu61(m): 9:07am On Mar 28, 2021
glacswhite:

Am not referring to Aba ...am making reference based on Previous Elections from OUK regime till now..

those 9LGAs has more votes than the remaining 8.

Note: outside Aba n umuahia other places nah desolate areas ..I ve gone round

and Umuahia is PDP state only Bende n Umunneochi are APC
The desolate areas you mentioned if any, where are their people or are those places naturally desolate?

Infact, this is the first time and hearing desolate in Igbo land. The same desolate North use in rigging themselves in right?

You talking about theorical politics and I'm telling reality on ground.

Go write it on your wall. Ngwa man will not be governor in 2023. Remind me of it and l will credit your account with 5k.
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by garfield1: 9:08am On Mar 28, 2021
pepericozi:
How come? How can campaign Officer also double as collation Officer.

Ojoro cancel

shocked

Each party has collation officers na.all this newbies self
Re: Aba North/South By-Election: Gunmen Kidnap Party Agent In Aba by garfield1: 9:10am On Mar 28, 2021
glacswhite:

Ngwa hold 7 lgas.don't add ukwa please

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders / Labaran Maku Visits Wike: "Wike Represents New Generation Of Nigerian Leaders" / No Date Yet For Buhari’s Return – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.