Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? (12544 Views)

How Lucrative Is Decagon Software Engineering Training Program? / How Lucrative A Gas Refilling Business / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by Coldie(m): 3:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
wunmi590:

Is not that easy, but with God all things will be easy. And again the people you know that work in the office, meet them and tell them that you repair laptops Incase they need the service in their company, they can link you up
You can't just wakeup go to companies and tell them you want to fix their computers, when they already have field men with experience.

Do u know what it means to fix company systems?

If you spoil am in the name of starter them fit no hear sorry o.

Computer fixing is more than what u learn from the oga that thought u, u just continue learning till you master it

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by sylve11: 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2021
Coldie:

Is it that easy

Nor mind him jare. cheesy cool
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by shiwex: 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2021
No try am o...na the bottom of the chain be that.
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by Coldie(m): 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
sylve11:

Una fit think sey this man nor make sense, but sense full this him post. cool
I don work there before.

If you ever want to fix your laptop don't leave it for the repairer except u trust him, sometimes they switch your parts example screen, keyboard and battery especially when e spoil well. Sometimes they even go as far as stealing your hard disk.

When they start selling this stolen items u be like wow, money dae d business

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by henrixx(m): 3:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
zanshi:
It's dicey

First you have to look at this from a tech perspective, a lot of technology devices these days are of ''Anti-Repair'' in nature with scarce spare parts and spare parts that are protectionist in nature. I would break it down.

If you look at the recent iPhone 11/12 if you unscrew it and change the camera from an original iPhone 11/12, it wont even work or bring up notification that it is not genuine spare part, these is the same for their batteries and a few other components. Even Louis Rossman that is famous for repair Mac's would say that you can't even get spare parts for 2017, 2018, 2019 macs for sale. If you contact the OEM responsible for making the spare parts, they would inform you that Apple has mandated them not to sell to anybody. It isn't just Apple even Microsoft surfaces from the teardowns i have seen are almost impossible to repair. They want you to keep buying up a new one after a few years so their companies can stay afloat.

It's a dicey one i must say but don't be discouraged, just find a niche that works for you and you will be good.
say no more because you have said it all. gbam!!
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by wunmi590(m): 3:09pm On Mar 31, 2021
Coldie:

You can't just wakeup go to companies and tell them you want to fix their computers, when they already have field men with experience.

Do u know what it means to fix company systems?

If you spoil am in the name of starter them fit no hear sorry o.

Computer fixing is more than what u learn from the oga that thought u, u just continue learning till you master it

I never said he should go to company and start repairing laptops for them.

He should lease with friends, get to do friends laptop first and then his friends would link him up

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by Coldie(m): 3:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
wunmi590:

I never said he should go to company and start repairing laptops for them.

He should lease with friends, get to do friends laptop first and then his friends would link him up
Friends and people u know are the best
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by sotall(m): 3:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
Check my profile...

I mean dig deep into my post as at 8 years ago.

You will definitely learn something as I am a testimony of someone who rolled this part.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by oluwaseyi0: 3:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
philest222:
Am a young undergraduate, plz I want to know how lucrative is computer and laptop repairs and I really want venture into it when am done with school, Plz candid advice is needed.

hey bro, consider programming

you can't make anything less than money
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by Nicoddemus(m): 3:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
philest222:
Am a young undergraduate, plz I want to know how lucrative is computer and laptop repairs and I really want venture into it when am done with school, Plz candid advice is needed.
Computer repair business is getting obsolete. People now do all they used to do with system with their phones. I'm a computer and phone engineer and I will advise you as one more experienced than you to go into phone repairs instead

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by Maj196(m): 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
Hardware or Software or both
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by resourcedude: 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
To be frank hear, it is not lucrative no matter the location. My advice to you is to go and learn it so you can be able to repair your own when necessary.
I suggest you learn animation and graphics and thank me now and later!
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
Sheffdon:
Y don't u go the digital way?
meaning angry
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by The5DME(m): 3:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
Cc: udemzyudex your advise is needed here.
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by udemzyudex(m): 3:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
Coldie:
The ones that make money from it are those people that are very good at cheating people.

Water would enter your laptop sth that you can just easily clean with fuel and rag or tissue they will tell you your money is 12k...

Tell u to come back clean it with fuel and tissue and say they have done it, even start telling u the money is not enough that they had to change the mother board

This is not always true, it is not as easy as you portray it here.
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by udemzyudex(m): 3:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
iLegendd:
There isn't much to repair in a computer. I do mine myself. Also, most Nigerians don't have a laptop — except some smart ones and the yahoo gang.

Phone will be better.

There isn't much?

Funny you, don't say what you don't know.
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by wunmi590(m): 3:29pm On Mar 31, 2021
Coldie:

Friends and people u know are the best

shocked
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by jaxxy(m): 3:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
philest222:

As a personal business not lucrative. Most companies that use computers have their internal engineering staffs/departments, most people or homes now use pads, fones or laptops.

Asides fones most people that use laptops hardly get issues they can’t fix themselves unless once in awhile and they are few in number unlike fones that even illiterates also use and need fixes so pc repairs aren’t so lucrative for a personal business unless u combine with fones or other things.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by iLegendd(m): 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
udemzyudex:

There isn't much?

Funny you, don't say what you don't know.

I guess it's because I started repairing electronics at age 13. For the late learners, maybe, there is much. I guess that's where you belong.

Programing, web design, and graphics, I'll also say it's not hard. Why? Started early.

Your reply proves to me most youths see everything as difficult and hard. I'm glad I don't belong there.

Oh, one more thing. If you have a computer repair business, then I apologize — labelling your business or field simple isn't a good thing.

Everyone wants their line of business to be talked about as "hard" so that they'll appear smart for venturing into such a hard thing.

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by MrJavaS: 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
Learn programming
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by ikebrown: 3:38pm On Mar 31, 2021
That is smart one boy go ahead and venture in to it bro you will make money if you are good at it and try as much as possible to move Lagos ikeja or Abuja zone 3 if are known for it you make money

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by omhor(f): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
It's very very lucrative, I encourage you to go into this business but I'll advice you to also learn printer repairs along with it. I've worked with someone doing these two businesses together and the guy is really cashing out. You have to know the pros and cons that comes along with it, then another thing is you have to know everything about computer repairs so you don't always make mistakes of damaging the computer in the process of repairng it, computers and laptops are fragile so in the process of repairng you might damage something by mistake and you have to replace it by buying a new one for the owner, hope you understand my point? Then the printer repair is a plus to the business, there's no office that don't use computer and printer, even learning to repair printer is the easiest, you can do it for just eight months.

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by Coldie(m): 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2021
udemzyudex:

This is not always true, it is not as easy as you portray it here.
I have worked at garrison in port harcourt before for 3 months laptop repairs I saw them do things like dz almost everyday
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by jeff1607(m): 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
iLegendd:
There isn't much to repair in a computer. I do mine myself. Also, most Nigerians don't have a laptop — except some smart ones and the yahoo gang.

Phone will be better.

Can you replace thermal paste on a board or reball?
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by pseudonomer: 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
You are smart. When I was in 200L in Nigeria, I noticed most of my seniors that graduated from the university were working at secondary school as a teacher(I studied Mathematics), I was like... My case must be different, started learning programming... and I’m happy today.

Phone Repair, Laptop Repair is very lucrative. You will eat and eat... �.

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by criuze(m): 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2021
i fit not make enough if you dey street

the best na to find spot in computer village or electronics market

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by Originalsly: 4:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
In how many years do you think you'll learn the skills required to be a reasonably good laptop technician? Look at laptop trends.... do you really believe the skills you learn will apply to repairing the generation of laptops at that time? ... and can you afford the equipment needed for such repairs? Presently, experienced technicians are very limited to what they can fix on a laptop. For the owner... options are to either return to the manufacturer for repair... or sell and get a new one.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by 1EmmyKay: 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
Laptop repair is lucrative I know a man who repairs my laptop and he constantly makes in racks of 8-12k daily. He does daily contribution of 3k-4k. Just find some good location busy area in a tech place where they sell phones and accessories. Most of it all be sincere in your dealings. People will vouch you to others hence you gain more customers and your business grows bigger. Only fools despise WISDOM. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by johnny4u2(m): 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
My advice to you is to start learning some online courses, most of which are free on Google, YouTube, Facebook etc if you have internet access.
These online courses can introduce you to the courses for the future like Digital innovations, robotic processes, digital marketing, artificial intelligence etc.
Learning computer repairs is not a bad thing but make sure you learn with the latest tech.
Please do not forget about graphic designing, Adobe photoshop, etc.
These will prepare you for the future of works.
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by bigpicture001: 4:09pm On Mar 31, 2021
My guy makes serious money from DAT biz...but u must man it ursef
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by iLegendd(m): 4:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
jeff1607:

Can you replace thermal paste on a board or reball?

If I engage you on this, you're going to get emotional.

So, I'll just reply you with NO, I can't.
Re: How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? by Kingzjayzee: 4:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dikaveli:
Not lucrative
buttress your point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Society For Family Health (SFH) Job Recruitment (12 Positions) Kikiotolu / NPOWER: Difficulty Downloading My PPA Letter / Ptdf Scholarship Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.