Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Living For Something - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living For Something (181 Views)

Why Did God Stop Man From Living For Ever? / Healthy Living for Believers. / Start Living For Real, Time Is Running Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Living For Something by BlesE: 5:47pm On Mar 27, 2021
Jesus said my meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. We should all live for something and the most important thing we should live for is to please God and do his will, as we pursue our lives ambitions we must be saved from our sins, because even if we get to the pinnacle of our ambitions in life and we are not born again it will amount to nothing in eternity. As you go through life have you ever sat down to ask yourself what sm i living for.
Re: Living For Something by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
BlesE:
Jesus said my meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. We should all live for something and the most important thing we should live for is to please God and do his will, as we pursue our lives ambitions we must be saved from our sins, because even if we get to the pinnacle of our ambitions in life and we are not born again it will amount to nothing in eternity. As you go through life have you ever sat down to ask yourself what sm i living for.
Jesus Christ also taught that those who will become worthy of Him(abiding in them) will lose their life, deny themselves, pick up their cross and follow Him. His very disciples the examples to all others to come , since they each had to abandon their ambitions and careers, loved ones, reputations, properties, etc. In order to follow Jesus Christ. undecided

So how do you expect those who pursue their life ambitions (refusing to die to self in the process) have a part in Jesus Christ as the disciples before Him, and the many who followed after? undecided
Can one who clings to life on the one hand and cling to God with the other? Doesn't that picture seem a lot off when you consider that God commands that those who will be worthy of Him are instead those who will chose to lose their life(livelihood included per the example of the disciples) in order to follow Him, Jesus Christ? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Azemobor Gregory Foundation Solicts For A Blind Widow Who Needs A Deep Freezer / Tennessee School Shooting Prophecy Confirmation By Prophet Macdonald EE Sound / Where Is Your Treasure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.