Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

The Sweet Grace Of Jesus - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sweet Grace Of Jesus (2728 Views)

Habits, Sins And the Amazing Grace of GOD. / When The Grace Of GOD Becomes A Roller-coaster To Hell. / “Blood Of Jesus” Drink Sold For N2,000 In Akwa Ibom (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 9:20am On Apr 01, 2021
Let’s look at some practical keys on how you can begin to experience God’s manifested presence in your life by practicing His presence. It is one thing to know theoretically that God is with you, but to experience His presence, you have to increase your consciousness of His presence by practicing His presence!

This is not something difficult. In fact, it should be rather effortless. Do you know that even as you have been or are reading about Jesus right now, you have been and you are practicing the presence of Jesus? As you are reading about Jesus and discovering what He says in His Word about you, you have just become effortlessly more conscious of His presence with you right now.
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 9:22am On Apr 01, 2021
And as you think of Jesus more and more, you will begin to experience a peace you never had, a strength like never before and a joy that you cannot describe with words. Wisdom starts to flow and your decision-making ability is sharpened. Just by being exposed to the presence of the Son of the living God, the breakthrough that you have been struggling for supernaturally occurs.

Stress, depression, and anger fade away and no longer dominate your thoughts. Worry has no foothold in your mind. The consciousness of Jesus’ perfect love for you removes every vestige of trepidation and fear. You feel and start behaving like the new creation in Christ that you are, regardless of your current circumstances. Hallelujah!
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 9:24am On Apr 01, 2021
Once you involve Jesus and acknowledge His presence, you will sense Him intervening in any decision you are about to make, through the absence or presence of His peace. Everything can appear to be in order on the surface, but somehow, if you sense a discomfort rising up in you every time you think about your decision, my advice to you would be to not rush into it. Once you have involved the Lord, the lack of peace that you feel is often His leading to protect you.

You can even be in the midst of an argument with your spouse, but the moment you become conscious of the Lord’s presence, your words will change. Somehow, there will be a supernatural restraint that you know is not from yourself. That is also the Lord!
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 8:38am On Apr 02, 2021
Before we continue, I just have to say this: It is important for you to eradicate the notion that the Lord is present to find fault with you. You may have been raised in an environment where your parents were constantly picking on your faults and pointing out your mistakes, but don’t project this characteristic onto the Lord. God knows every idiosyncrasy about you, yet He loves you perfectly because He sees you through the lens of the cross, where His Son has removed every failing from your life!
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 12:58pm On Apr 02, 2021
You cannot psych yourself out of fear nor can you psych yourself out of worry. You can’t just tell yourself, “Come on, stop worrying. There is nothing to worry about.” It just doesn’t work. The debt willstill be staring you in your face and your problems will still be as insurmountable as ever no matter how hard you try to psych yourself up. That is what the world is trying to do, but it does not work. It takes the presence of the Lord to keep you free from worry.

Jesus is not asking you to psych yourself up and live in a state of denial. No way! He is saying to you, “In the midst of your affliction, I am your shield. I am your defender. I am your fortress. I am your refuge. I am your supply. I am your healing. I am your provider. I am your peace. I am your joy. I am your wisdom. I am your strength. I am the glory and the lifter of your head!” Psalm 3:3 Amen! He is not asking you to pretend that the facts are not there. He wants you to realize that HE IS THERE WITH YOU!
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 5:15pm On Apr 02, 2021
Do you know why there are many believers today who don’t cast their cares upon the Lord? It is because they don’t have a revelation that He cares for them. Look at what His Word says: “casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7 Unless you have absolute confidence that Jesus cares for you, you will not cast your cares upon Him. Just think, would you call upon the help of a relative or friend in your time of need if you were not confident that the person would respond to your call? Jesus cares for you. When you call upon Him, know that you have His fullest attention with all of heaven’s resources backing you up!
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 5:20pm On Apr 02, 2021
Maybe you are thinking right now, “Well, I am sure that Jesus has more important things to do than to bother with my problem.” Hang on. By saying that, you have just shown that you don’t really believe that Jesus cares for you. Now, let’s see what the Bible says: “But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.” Luke 12:7

But do you know that your heavenly Father numbers the very hairs on your head? I really hope that you are beginning to catch the heart of Jesus and not generalize His love for you. His love for you is all-encompassing. If He cares enough to keep track of the hairs on your head, is there anything too small for Himthat you cannot talk to Him about?
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 5:23pm On Apr 02, 2021
Once you are conscious that Jesus is with you, reading the Bible no longer feels like a chore or duty. You won’t catch yourself watching the clock going tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...and feeling as though an eternity has passed even though only five minutes has lapsed! That is what a chore feels like—as if time is standing still and you can’t wait to get it over with. Bible study divorced from His presence is a dead work. But when it is like catching up with your best friend, there never seems to be enough time!
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2021
So see the Lord in the midst of everything that you do and learn to bring Him into the picture. He makes everything beautiful in your life. When you look at your past, the scars of yesterday may still be throbbing in your memories. Perhaps you were sexually abused as a child or you were emotionally hurt by someone you trusted. As you look back now, you may still feel angry, frustrated and disappointed all at the same time, and the hurt still pierces your heart.

But in the midst of your pain, I want to challenge you to start involving Jesus. See the Lord holding you, gently healing your wounds. Jesus is right there restoring you, putting courage into your heart and taking away all the sense of shame and guilt.
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
David is a wonderful example of someone who talked to the Lord and practiced His presence all the time. Even as a young teenager taking care of his father’s sheep in the fields, he would be singing psalms and hymns to the Lord and playing his harp.

In 1 Samuel 16, the Bible records that King Saul was very unsettled, and his servants told him that he was being troubled by a distressing spirit. They then advised him to bring David before him to play the harp for him, saying that evil spirits departed when David played the harp. One of the servants gave a glowing description of David as someone “...who is skillful in playing, a mighty man of valor, a man of war, prudent in speech, and a handsome person; and the Lord is with him.” 1 Samuel 16:8

Do you know why David could cause Saul to become refreshed just by playing his harp? Do you know why David could have such accolades heaped upon him? I believe that the key is in the last part of the verse: “the Lord is with him.”
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 10:54pm On Apr 03, 2021
Wherever you are, whatever it is that you do, with the Lord’s presence and His unmerited favor covering you, there is no way you will not be a success. When I started working in my early twenties, I kept on practicing the presence of Jesus and in a short time, I became the top salesperson in my company. I not only closed the biggest deals for my company, but I also secured the greatest frequency of sales transactions.

I started as one of the lowest-paid employees in the company, but the Lord consistently promoted me, and gave me different income streams from within the same company until I became one of the highest-paid employees in that organization. Please understand that I am not sharing this with you to put a feather in my cap. I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that all the successes that I have experienced in my professional career are a result of Jesus’ presence and unmerited favor in my life.
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 6:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
Whether you are a chef, driver or consultant, it doesn’t matter. God is on your side to bless and make you a success. Of course, you understand that I am referring to only morally upright professions. You cannot depend on God’s unmerited favor if you are in an industry that requires you to compromise on your Christian morals.

If you are involved in a morally corrupt industry or a job that expects you to lie, cheat or deceive, my advice to you is to get out! You do not have to depend on a job that puts you in a morally compromising position for your income. God loves you intimately and He has something so much better in store for you. Trust Him.

God is here to save you from destroying yourself. He wants to give you good success and He loves you too much to see you remain in a job that forces you to compromise. The Bible says, “A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, loving favor rather than silver and gold.” Proverbs 22:1 God has a higher way and better plan for your life!
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 5:25pm On Apr 06, 2021
There are Christians who know in theory that Jesus is with them, but they do not actively practice His presence. For me personally, one of the best ways to practice the presence of the Lord is to thank Him all the time. You can give thanks to Him for everything. Just say, “Lord, I thank You for this beautifulsunset. I thank You for Your love and for surrounding me with good things and good friends.”

There is no limit to what you can thank Him for since every good and perfect gift that we enjoy today comes directly from Him. James 1:17 Even if you have had a rough day at work and you are facing a seemingly impossible challenge, you can practice His presence.
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
The moment you realize that your heart is heavy with worry and your mind is plagued by anxiety, share your challenge with Jesus and thank Him that this problem is not bigger than His hands. Begin to surrender it to Him and depend on Him for His strength, power and peace.

As you do that, you are already practicing the presence of the Lord. And as you honor His presence and behave like He is indeed with you, He sees it as faith in Him and intervenes on your behalf for your success in whatever situation you may be in.
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 5:29pm On Apr 06, 2021
Just because someone is with you physically, it does not mean that the person feels appreciated by you. Appreciation only occurs when you start acknowledging the presence of that person.

Now, what does the word “appreciate” mean? It means “to increase in value.” If you appreciate someone, the person increases in value in your eyes. My friend, the Lord is already with you, so start to practice His presence. Begin by thanking Him, appreciating Himand increasing His value in your eyes.
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 5:31pm On Apr 06, 2021
It is interesting when you listen to how some Christians talk. You may hear them talking about what the devil did to them, how they got really mad at the devil and how they spent a whole night rebuking the devil. Such Christians may also go around town telling people what the devil has been telling them, but you will never hear them talking about what the Lord has been telling them. Guess what? They are tuned in to the wrong frequency!
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 5:34pm On Apr 06, 2021
Instead of magnifying Jesus and His presence and being conscious of Him, they are magnifying the devil and being more devil-conscious than Jesus-conscious. It’s really sad! They are always talking about warfare and the devil. Do you know that the best warfare to engage in is to magnify the Lord Jesus in your life? The Bible declares, “Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered...” Psalm 68:1 Amen!

Recently, I had a conversation with a medical doctor about spiritual warfare. She said to me, “When there is a condition in your body, you must know what the correct medical name for it is so that you can pray against it accurately.” Then, she told me somewhat smugly, “As someone who’s been in the army, you should know this: The most important military strategy is to know your enemy.”
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 5:35pm On Apr 06, 2021
I smiled at her and said, “Actually, I believe that the most important military strategy is not to know your enemy, but to know your commander in chief and his directives for you.”

My friend, do you know your commander in chief, Jesus Christ? Do you know with full assurance that His presence and unmerited favor is with you? Start practicing the presence of Jesus in your life today, and see what a difference He will bring to your situation!
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by jiggaz(m): 5:37pm On Apr 06, 2021
Good evening dear... This Gospel of Grace of Christ Jesus you are sharing here is liberating people from bondage... Well done... You will be greatly rewarded at the Bema Seat of Christ on that beautiful Resurrection Morning!! Hallelujah!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 5:41pm On Apr 06, 2021
jiggaz:
Good evening dear... This Gospel of Grace of Christ Jesus you are sharing here is liberating people from bondage... Well done... You will be greatly rewarded at the Bema Seat of Christ on that beautiful Resurrection Morning!! Hallelujah!!
embarassed Amen! Thank you so much! And you too! Cos you keep sharing the gospel relentlessly, no matter the comments you get. smiley Good evening.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by jiggaz(m): 7:51pm On Apr 06, 2021
Thattallgirl:
embarassed Amen! Thank you so much! And you too! Cos you keep sharing the gospel relentlessly, no matter the comments you get. smiley Good evening.
Good evening... You're welcome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2021
We need more new covenant ministries like these all around the world, ministries that are full of the person of Jesus, exalting the cross and lifting up the finished work of Christ. We need ministries that remind believers that God is no longer angry with them because of their sins and that all their failings —past, present and even those in the future—have been perfectly nailed and judged at the cross. We have had enough of ministries that are based on the antiquated law, that represent God inaccurately as someone who is harsh and angry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2021
One of the key things that I desire to do in this book is to build upon the existing teachings on favor and to give believers a firm foundation on why they have the right to God’s unmeritedfavor in their lives today. Do you know the answers to the following questions?

Why can you expect good to happen to you?

Why can you enjoy God’s unmerited favor?

Why can you ask God for big things?
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 12:40pm On Apr 07, 2021
Beloved, your answers are all found on the Mount of Golgotha, the place of the skull. It’s the place where the sinless Man became sin, so that you and I can become the righteousness of God in Him. His righteousness is your right to God’s unmerited favor.

You can expect good...
You can enjoy God’s unmerited favor...
You can ask God for big things...

...because you have been made the righteousness of God through Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross!

Don’t just take my word for it. It is important that you read and know the Scriptures for yourself:

For He [God] made Him [Jesus Christ] who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him [Jesus Christ]. —2 Corinthians 5:21

Your righteousness in Christ is the sure foundation on which you can build your expectations to receive God’s unmerited favor. God sees you through the lens of the cross of His Son, and as Jesus is today deserving of blessings, peace, health and favor, so are you! 1 John 4:17
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2021
oluplus:

Please can you assist with the title of the book. I'll like to read this particular one.
Hello, have you gotten the book online?
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by oluplus(m): 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2021
Thattallgirl:
Hello, have you gotten the book online?
No I have not. I couldn't get it via Google.
Can you assist please?
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2021
oluplus:

No I have not. I couldn't get it via Google.
Can you assist please?
Here: https://sbicconnect.fun/download-joseph-prince-collection-15-books/amp/ There's a collection of Joseph Prince's books. It's one of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by oluplus(m): 5:10pm On Apr 09, 2021
Thattallgirl:
Here: https://sbicconnect.fun/download-joseph-prince-collection-15-books/amp/ There's a collection of Joseph Prince's books. It's one of them.

Thank you but Joseph Prince books were not listed on the site.

I have search with the the Autor's name and the book's name, all to no avail
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by LisaAnneMia: 7:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
oluplus:

I just clicked on the link too and scrolled down and found these below though

Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by oluplus(m): 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2021
LisaAnneMia:

Thank you. Successfully downloaded it.
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by Thattallgirl(f): 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2021
oluplus:

Ohh
LisaAnneMia:
Thank you
Re: The Sweet Grace Of Jesus by LisaAnneMia: 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2021
oluplus:

Thank you. Successfully downloaded it.
Thattallgirl:
Ohh Thank you
You're welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Different Vows For Groom And Bride In Some Churches / Christians: You Must Respond To This Or Remain Silent For Ever! / Anglicans, Let's Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.