Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan (25153 Views)

2022 AFCON: Nigeria, Egypt, Cameroon Seeded Ahead Of Draws / Nigeria's Golden Eaglets Qualify For U17 AFCON After Victory Over Burkina Faso / CAF Announce Host For 2019 AFCON After Stripping Off Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by Shattuck(m): 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2021
IronGalaxy:
The mentality of our home based players is also to blame tbh.. South African players are spoilt man, they don't push themselves. They are content to just play for the big three which is Pirates, Chiefs and Sundowns. Part of the reason is that the league can now pay at high salaries because of TV deals, some teams can match Greece, Belgium etc lin pay level so when our players get offers from those countries they turn them down because they get the same money here at home, the effect is that our players don't get to play at a higher level as a result.
true I would have love to see SA at the tournament I know caf would have wanted that too based on ability to generate more revenue, next year is also the wc year if you can fix the team up b4 then you might just secure one of africa's spot.
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by thedio(m): 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2021
IronGalaxy:
You country's number one goalie plays in that league.
u meant Okoye is playing in that league?
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by lexy2014: 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2021
IronGalaxy:
It can, obviously football does of course involve some physicaity, it's just that some teams are far more physical than us.

"It can..."

"Some things are more physical than us..."

Y are u contradicting urself?
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by BOOOMNAIJA: 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2021
IronGalaxy:
You country's number one goalie plays in that league.

U must be high on nyaope and probably a product of d usual BEE education system....akpeyi stopped to be taken seriously d moment he stepped foot in the SA league...for ur info, he's no longer reckoned with by our coaches wen it comes to team selection..u know why?...because he plays in SA league.... that's how low ur league is rated down here....there are 4 or 5 goalkeepers ahead of him now in d Super Eagles.
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by BOOOMNAIJA: 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Why must we be the ones to do that?why not Nigeria?

because d average Nigerian is super talented, so we don't need to tow that lane...as for u asswipes down there, u are bunch of talentless cows who need foreign mercenaries to stay relevant in d scheme of things, otherwise u face d risk of becoming extinct, ignored and disenfranchised in d nearest future. tongue
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by IronGalaxy: 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2021
lexy2014:

"It can..."

"Some things are more physical than us..."

Y are u contradicting urself?

Where's contradiction in what I said?
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by IronGalaxy: 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2021
thedio:
u meant Okoye is playing in that league?
Akpeyi
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by IronGalaxy: 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

U must be high on nyaope and probably a product of d usual BEE education system....akpeyi stopped to be taken seriously d moment he stepped foot in the SA league...for ur info, he's no longer reckoned with by our coaches wen it comes to team selection..u know why?...because he plays in SA league.... that's how low ur league is rated down here....there are 4 or 5 goalkeepers ahead of him now in d Super Eagles.
Lol, what do you mean he wasn't taken seriously when he was selected while playing for Kaiser Chiiefs

Can't take the other gibberish seriously, you obviously don't even know what you're talking about....there's no such thing as "BEE" education
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by IronGalaxy: 9:58pm On Mar 29, 2021
BOOOMNAIJA:

because d average Nigerian is super talented, so we don't need to tow that lane...as for u asswipes down there, u are bunch of talentless cows who need foreign mercenaries to stay relevant in d scheme of things, otherwise u face d risk of becoming extinct, ignored and disenfranchised in d nearest future. tongue
Lol, super talented my foot! You are as dumb as they come.

",
BEE" education grin grin
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by JaceBlaze: 12:01am On Mar 30, 2021
lexy2014:

Sorry u missed d point

Did I?
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by JaceBlaze: 12:28am On Mar 30, 2021
Odinaka00:
If South Africa can start doing like France by picking some foreigners who re talented in SA, trust no country in Africa can beat them.. there re lots footballers who re stranded in South Africa currently, they came here to find a football club but didn’t succeed and now they re stranded, no papers and no money. But these guys play better than some EPL players..There is this Cameroonian guy that plays with us every Sunday at Bruma Park...This guy is so good that sometimes I ll ask him “What re you still doing here with us?” You re still young and very very talented, you shouldn’t be seen around here then he confessed to me that he played for Cameroonian under 21, he showed me pics...But he came here 4yrs ago to see if he could get a nice club but it didn’t work out for him.

My point is if South African Fa can go to the street and scout players regardless of nationality, Bafana Bafana will be strong. That’s what France is doing and look at them today

So that every time we win you can rub it in our face that we are winning with foreign players? no thank you.
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by vhuqnl(m): 6:10am On Mar 30, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Lol, super talented my foot! You are as dumb as they come.

",
BEE" education grin grin
u and tmksouth should go back to ur xenophobic country. can't u get of nigeria's dicck?? u lots so insecured . low esteem people. get out of nairaland. we don't kill here
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:49am On Mar 30, 2021
IronGalaxy:
I'm not claiming we have those, we have them as a matter of fact. We have facilities that rival those in Europe but results are not forthcoming due to a myriad of reasons.
maybe it's high time south face the one they knw best to do perfectly, after all to play soccer no be by force, India are doing well in cricket , moreover they should give chance to other nationals who are willing to serve in rainbow National football team . moreover Africa football is not all about pace but strength, bafana are too soft and weak to compete in Africa style of play and their European pattern is either dead or not working
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by lexy2014: 7:36am On Mar 30, 2021
JaceBlaze:

Did I?
Yes u did. It's not about Percy Tau or Siya Kolisi. It's that it's an irony that South Africa is a champion & a successful country in rugby but can't produce footballers who can play physical football
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by lexy2014: 7:41am On Mar 30, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Where's contradiction in what I said?

These were ur exact words earlier:

"The South African team has never been physical, our strengths has traditionally been speed and skill."

But here u are saying:

"It can..."
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by JaceBlaze: 11:21am On Mar 30, 2021
lexy2014:

Yes u did. It's not about Percy Tau or Siya Kolisi. It's that it's an irony that South Africa is a champion & a successful country in rugby but can't produce footballers who can play physical football

One thing got nothing to do with the other.To excell in one or two things doesn't mean you will excell in all.

Have ever seen how Rugby players train?
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by TMKsouth: 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2021
vhuqnl:

u and tmksouth should go back to ur xenophobic country. can't u get of nigeria's dicck?? u lots so insecured . low esteem people. get out of nairaland. we don't kill here

Who are u again? I see u hold me in high regard, but I don't even know your name.
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by TMKsouth: 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
Must they qualify. How is this news. Are they the only one that didn't qualify.

Shows how relevant SA is.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by thedio(m): 3:52pm On Mar 30, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Akpeyi
Guy try and update urself Akpeyi is now sitting on bench with safety belt. Perhaps its due to where he plays
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by vhuqnl(m): 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

Who are u again? I see u hold me in high regard, but I don't even know your name.
go to your xenophobic country
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by TMKsouth: 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2021
vhuqnl:

go to your xenophobic country

I am in my country cool, which is more than I can say about your people.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by TMKsouth: 5:41pm On Mar 30, 2021
JaceBlaze:

So that every time we win you can rub it in our face that we are winning with foreign players? no thank you.

You can never satisfy our African brothers. You exclude them they cry xenophobia, you include them they brag you can't do without them and that they 'dominate' you (their favourite word).

1 Like

Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by JaceBlaze: 7:55pm On Mar 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

You can never satisfy our African brothers. You exclude them they cry xenophobia, you include them they brag you can't do without them and that they 'dominate' you (their favourite word).

Very true.

Anyway,why are they making a big deal out of the fact that South Africa didn't qualify?
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by TMKsouth: 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2021
JaceBlaze:

Very true.

Anyway,why are they making a big deal out of the fact that South Africa didn't qualify?

We're relevant.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by JaceBlaze: 8:13pm On Mar 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

Were relevant.

You are right.

I haven't had the pleasure of visiting the Supersport FB page.How are the comments there?
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by TMKsouth: 8:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
JaceBlaze:

You are right.

I haven't had the pleasure of visiting the Supersport FB page.How are the comments there?

Dude, I gave up on this team forever ago, so not even doing follow-ups. The little I caught on Twitter was the usual memes of the disappointment of pinning your hopes on Bafana, how they are spoilt brats, and that resources be redirected to Banyana instead. Same old, same old.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by JaceBlaze: 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

Dude, I gave up on this team forever ago, so not even doing follow-ups. The little I caught on Twitter was the usual memes of the disappointment of pinning your hopes on Bafana, how they are spoilt brats, and that resources be redirected to Banyana instead. Same old, same old.

You speak for most of us,our hope in Bafana has faded eons ago.But let's be real,are Banyana really worth it since nobody watches women football? Hell even women themselves hate soccer.Wouldn't that be a waste to put resources in matches that don't sell tickets and have low TV viewership?

This thing of comparing Banyana with Bafana needs to die...In MY opinio.
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by IronGalaxy: 8:36pm On Mar 30, 2021
thedio:
Guy try and update urself Akpeyi is now sitting on bench with safety belt. Perhaps its due to where he plays
Nice try. If it was due to were he plays he wouldn't have been chosen in the first place
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by lexy2014: 9:12pm On Mar 30, 2021
JaceBlaze:

One thing got nothing to do with the other.To excell in one or two things doesn't mean you will excell in all.

Have ever seen how Rugby players train?

U have still confirmed why I said u missed d point. D point made is an irony.

No I haven't seen rugby players train. Infact, I have never seen a rugby match. Pls tell me about it
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by TMKsouth: 9:13pm On Mar 30, 2021
JaceBlaze:

You speak for most of us,our hope in Bafana has faded eons ago.But let's be real,are Banyana really worth it since nobody watches women football? Hell even women themselves hate soccer.Wouldn't that be a waste to put resources in matches that don't sell tickets and have low TV viewership?

This thing of comparing Banyana with Bafana needs to die...In MY opinio.

Bafana are a successful overhyped media creation, but with dismal performance for 2 decades now. That same level of hype should be invested in the female game. We've seen how exposure is growing in Europe and the World Cup for women, I believe the same can happen in SA.

Even if that fails Bafana still don't deserve the resources and public attention they receive. We're seriously promoting mediocrity. They are the ANC of sports but at least occasionally the ANC is penalised for poor performance - Bafana rarely are, instead even more money is thrown at them.
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by zinaunreal(m): 7:30am On Apr 12, 2021
LeSudAfricaine:
I don't think he knows how big a 16y/o Afrikanners can be..those people have bodies tailor made for rugby.

This junkie is still alive? shocked
Re: South Africa Failed To Qualify For The 2022 AFCON After A 2-0 Lose To Sudan by LeSudAfricaine: 10:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
zinaunreal:

This junkie is still alive? shocked
Hi savage

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used / Plusvalenza: Italy's Appeal Court Hit Juve With 10-Point Deduction In Serie A / UEFA Moves Champions League Final From St. Petersburg To Paris (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.