Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? (1710 Views)

Just Curious>>>>>>who Comes First In A Man's Life? / Pic: Who Comes First In A Man's Life? / Moment When You Want To Flex Your Babe In Your Dad's Car. photo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by charity00: 6:29pm On Apr 16, 2011
Gal says she needs N5000 for travel back home next (been away for two months)

Guy says fine, can't wait to see you

Gal says but I can only stay one day, I need to be home with dad for Holy Thursday. What? Easter maybe but Holy Thursday?

You haven't seen your guy in two months, and you're only going to stay one day because you allegedly need to be home with your dad for Holy Thursday?

You're pushing 30 years old and you have to go running to your dad because he allegedly wants you home for Holy Thursday?

Is it wrong for the guy to think maybe the gal needs to make up her mind if she's a little girl or a grown woman, and if she can't maybe her dad needs to pay for transport home?
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by missobeza(f): 6:30pm On Apr 16, 2011
uuumh, this one is tricky. I love them both, but my daddy will always be my daddy, while my man can stop loving me and go for another woman.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Katy86(f): 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2011
my man.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by charity00: 6:35pm On Apr 16, 2011
To the two who responded thanks; can you please check the revised post for the whole story? (hit the send button too early)
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nekai(f): 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2011
If she is pushing 30, her dad could be in his 50s or even 60s. I wish I had my dad around, and I would choose him over my man anyday. It's not like she isn't spending any time with you.

A woman will always be daddy's little girl, no matter how old she is. Wouldn't you do the same for your mum especially after being away for months?

She is asking for the money, not demanding. Also, she is being upfront with you. Some girls might have waited until she was already there to tell you that she could only spend a day.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by charity00: 6:47pm On Apr 16, 2011
She's been gone for two months, but is willing to only spend a single day before running back home.

Does that sound right to you?
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nekai(f): 6:49pm On Apr 16, 2011
She's been gone from you, but also from her parents.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Katy86(f): 6:50pm On Apr 16, 2011
For me not.

Another question why is the thursday holy?  
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nekai(f): 6:52pm On Apr 16, 2011
It seems you are questioning her true motives. Why don't you offer to join her and see if she agrees? If she gives you a million excuses then you know something is up.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by isalegan2: 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2011
HUSBAND comes before Dad.  DAD comes before some "guy."  wink  Hope that helps.

And the "guy" that's been MIA for 2 months can go visit the girl at her parents' home.  That way, there's no childish bellyaching about transport money.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nekai(f): 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2011
isale_gan2:

HUSBAND comes before Dad.  DAD comes before some "guy."  wink  Hope that helps.

cool

I wish NL had a like button.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by charity00: 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2011
HUSBAND comes before Dad. DAD comes before some "guy." Wink Hope that helps.

And the "guy" that's been MIA for 2 months can go visit the girl at her parents' home. That way, there's no childish bellyaching about transport money.

If only, but gal always has an excuse (going on about 6 months now) about how she is "not ready" for guy to meet the dad.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nekai(f): 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2011
Don't give her the money if you are going to be resentful about it. I hope you didn't tell her that thing about making up her mind between being a little girl or a grown woman. That is highly insulting. Marry her if you want her to be yours. Until that day you do not have control over where she goes. If I were her I would feel like you are trying to be controlling.

Maybe you are just anxious to see your girl after two months. I hope that is the case, and it's not that you are the kind of guy to hold grudges about your girl for spending more time with her parents (who brought her into this world). Don't you realize that she is more willing to see her dad's face light up, and embrace him after a few months away? Rest assured that you can look forward to marrying a girl that would put her dad before her boyfriend. Some girls would put the boyfriend first. Do you know that a husband replaces dad as the head of her household? If she is loyal to him, she will be loyal to you too.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Blazay(m): 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2011
You're pushing 30 years old and you have to go running to your dad because he allegedly wants you home for Holy Thursday?

Orrr Lorrrrrghooooor Mwan Nkpi! cheesy
Na dat day dem dey do am?
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by charity00: 7:39pm On Apr 16, 2011
Until that day you do not have control over where she goes. If I were her I would feel like you are trying to be controlling.

Nekai, I have a question. If you had been going out with a guy for six months (but has been gone the last two) and the guy is trying to be understanding about wanting to spend time with your family, and is willing to come meet the family and attend Easter service, would you have any reason to not let him do it?
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Goldieluks: 7:41pm On Apr 16, 2011
In as much as i love my dad,my man comes first,thank you.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by charity00: 7:57pm On Apr 16, 2011
So, if the guy is willing to come meet the dad and the family, any reasonable reason that offer should be refused?
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Africanqueen2(f): 8:11pm On Apr 16, 2011
Since am no married to him my dad comes 1st, he should be happy she's spending a whole day with him. But if its me, I'll come 1st. I'll do what makes me happy.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nekai(f): 9:23pm On Apr 16, 2011
charity00:

Nekai, I have a question. If you had been going out with a guy for six months (but has been gone the last two) and the guy is trying to be understanding about wanting to spend time with your family, and is willing to come meet the family and attend Easter service, would you have any reason to not let him do it?

Not if I thought he was fully comitted to the relationship. If you have suspicions and you want to spend time with her and her family, suprise her and show up.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by isalegan2: 9:32pm On Apr 16, 2011
charity00:

If only, but gal always has an excuse (going on about 6 months now) about how she is "not ready" for guy to meet the dad.

Sorry I missed that. Yeah, I can understand his concern over her refusal to have him meet her family and yet still expecting him to foot the bill for her expenses. THE GUY SHOULD NOT GIVE HER THE MONEY. He's not her husband, so why expect him to be financially responsible for her.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by charity00: 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2011
Well, suddenly we are not coming home for Holy Thursday. Travel plans "delayed". And we can't have a first meeting on Easter Sunday because we haven't had a chance to talk it over with dad.

That's the new story, or the truth?
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by MrsChima(f): 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2011
The dad.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by BABE3: 11:03pm On Apr 16, 2011
ADVOCATOR!
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by abioila(m): 11:10pm On Apr 16, 2011
isale_gan2:

GBAM
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nekai(f): 11:14pm On Apr 16, 2011
shocked New story.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by charity00: 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2011
Too many new stories. How do you build trust when the story always changes? Isn't there an obligation on the gal's part to do something to build trust, like at least let the guy meet the family?
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by ssumpta(f): 12:11am On Apr 17, 2011
I feel you. 6 months is still a bit fresh. Don't push her. There is still time to discover her true intentions.
Why shud u be d one worried about her age? if she ain't concerned, dats her cup of tea.

For us catholics, the Holy week means a lot, so i understand why she may want to attend the services at home.
isale_gan2:

And the "guy" that's been MIA for 2 months can go visit the girl at her parents' home.  That way, there's no childish bellyaching about transport money.  
How old are you? A husband was once a guy remember?? This is why some girls remain single at 30. Then they start blaming it on their ancestors.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by horny4u(f): 12:59am On Apr 17, 2011
My man ! My dad serves the guilty card when I do that but he will choose my mum over me ten times over if it were him. So with all due respect my hubby.
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by desholah(m): 2:11am On Apr 17, 2011
OP.
It my mumm !!!
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nobody: 2:27am On Apr 17, 2011
I'd rather spend "holy thursday"(never heard of this before) with my girl and then easter with the fam .
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by MrsChima(f): 2:28am On Apr 17, 2011
Damn for real 2buff? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Comes First Your Man Or Your Dad? by Nobody: 2:31am On Apr 17, 2011
Depends on certain factors, but if i haven't seen her for 2 months (didn't factor this bit in), both with her.

If we see each other everyday already, then yeah time apart for family celebrations are sensible.(she has hers in this case)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do U Hate Being A Woman? Females Only / Will You Allow Them.pix Attached / Bros Akin Has Snatched My Babe O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.