Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,791 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? (3059 Views)

White SA Mother Loses 5 Kids In Massive Gas Explosion (PICS) / Russia Mum Kills Baby &Son Jumping 190ft To Her Death With Kids In Her Arms(Pix) / What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:56am On May 21, 2021
KillGod:

Very very good. People are waking up in this Shit of a country.

I just can't get why many people don't the obvious.
Nigerians are overly optimistic. Grandparents grew up and lived their whole lives in poverty. Parents lived an average life regardless of countless big degrees mtscheeew. Why would I enter such. How do I know my fate will be different especially living in Nigeria lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? by Nobody: 7:33am On May 21, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Nigerians are overly optimistic. Grandparents grew up and lived their whole lives in poverty. Parents lived an average life regardless of countless big degrees mtscheeew. Why would I enter such. How do I know my fate will be different especially living in Nigeria lipsrsealed

I hear you man. It's not optimism per say. It's lack of education in the proper sense. Most people don't think about reproduction at all.
Everyone is doing so I most follow like a brain dead zombie.

The harm my parents unknowingly done to me ends with me.

I will never give birth to a Nigerian.

#stopproducingslaves
Re: Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? by The5DME(m): 8:14am On May 21, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Bro, you're right. Some people were just destined to be born and die in poverty. Within the first 5 months if this year; three new kids have been popped in my compound and the people who're giving birth to these kids are really just stupid. One kid was just borne yesterday night as we speak. One was born to a carpenter, one an okada rider and the other to a disabled man. Why do some people just love poverty like this? It seems the hardship in the country isn't affectin them sha.
Poor people and giving birth to kids are like 5 and 6.

3 Likes

Re: Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:52am On May 21, 2021
The5DME:

Bro, you're right. Some people were just destined to be born and die in poverty. Within the first 5 months if this year; three new kids have been popped in my compound and the people who're giving birth to these kids are really just stupid. One kid was just borne yesterday night as we speak. One was born to a carpenter, one an okada rider and the other to a disabled man. Why do some people just love poverty like this? It seems the hardship in the country isn't affectin them sha.
Poor people and giving birth to kids are like 5 and 6.
Bro it's a tragedy to be born in a third world shithole. Those parents think they love those children but they have cursed them. I have lost countless opportunities just because I was born here. Terrible. A high school student in the first world has more opportunities than I do.
Re: Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? by Nobody: 11:01am On May 21, 2021
Your fears are really valid, even westerners who have it good hardly have kids, with a constantly declining fertility rate, talk more of a country where the minimum wage can't afford one a bag of rice, and a worse purchasing power parity level. But if the western world can't be attainable, should your hope of leaving Nigeria die?

When Nigerians think of leaving Nigeria, they hardly consider other African countries where their passport automatically gives them the right of residence and establishment. I've been to countries like Ivory coast, Ghana, Benin Republic and Togo, and one can live a sane life in those places if he is modest.

Of course one may argue that those countries are not the ideal, and I agree, but its miles ahead of Nigeria in things that truly matters such as your mental sanity, security, electricity, a sense of belonging, and most importantly, having the audacity to be hopeful. From those places, it is easier to migrate elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? by Rules7: 1:45pm On May 21, 2021
KillGod:

You're a very rear breed of human being.

One of the best in my opinion wink

Me Too.

1 Like

Re: Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:48pm On May 21, 2021
roteblomen:
Your fears are really valid, even westerners who have it good hardly have kids, with a constantly declining fertility rate, talk more of a country where the minimum wage can't afford one a bag of rice, and a worse purchasing power parity level. But if the western world can't be attainable, should your hope of leaving Nigeria die?

When Nigerians think of leaving Nigeria, they hardly consider other African countries where their passport automatically gives them the right of residence and establishment. I've been to countries like Ivory coast, Ghana, Benin Republic and Togo, and one can live a sane life in those places if he is modest.

Of course one may argue that those countries are not the ideal, and I agree, but its miles ahead of Nigeria in things that truly matters such as your mental sanity, security, electricity, a sense of belonging, and most importantly, having the audacity to be hopeful. From those places, it is easier to migrate elsewhere.
Honestly most other African countries except those in the south are five hundred times worst than Nigeria. Very expensive, high levels of poverty and severe unemployment rates. You should have said other continents like Latin America and Asia as even though they might not be up to the west, they offer a good standard of living but other African countries na hell O.
Re: Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 21, 2021
Rules7:

Me Too.
You rock my smart friend....
Stay safe out there it's a crazy world we live in.

1 Like

Re: Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 21, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

-X

I love your username.

#bleach
Re: Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? by Lostchild(m): 4:28pm On May 30, 2021
FreeSpirited:
We all know Nigeria is bad and limiting but regardless, people are still making it, getting married and raising kids.
Personally however, I see it as a big risk. A huge stress as this country is filled with uncertainties in terms of economy, security and politics.
And when raising a kid, I believe the prevailing culture can influence the thinking and potential of the kid. And aside, exposing kids to this dirty and wicked system I feel it's dangerous, especially when you talk of traveling on our roads, our broken health care that can kill you anytime, poor public facilities, and poor avenue to explore talents.
And sometimes I'm like what if I'm stuck here with my family, unable to take them to a better land of sanity and opportunity. Or if I travel over there and still meet obstacles preventing me from moving them easily.
All of this and many more factors makes me envy and praise young guys who are marrying and still taking care of their family in their own way. Dem dey try.
The question is, is it really not that bad for young families and their plans to give their family the best in this country? Am I just delusional or too idealistic?
It's affecting my decision or seriousness about marriage.

You are doing well.

The best love I will give my children is not to birth then in Nigeria
Re: Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? by Femzaremz(m): 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Op your fears are valid. It is very difficult to raise a child now with a salary of 500k a month especially if you want your kids in the best primary and secondary schools where the initial foundation is built. Aside from school fees, healthcare is nonexistent. Your kids get sick and you are broke, there's a 99 percent chance of them dying. Go to LASUTH and see kids dying because their parents cant afford 5000 naira to buy hospital cards. Inflation is also at an all-time high. Everything is bloody expensive plus the future president after Buhari (Yahaya Bello or Tinubu) will be worst than Buhari. Things will be extremely brutal.
wow, this your last paragraph aged very well!
It's so sad to see that negative predictions against Nigeria tend to come to pass extremely accurately!
Re: Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:45pm On Oct 28, 2023
Femzaremz:
wow, this your last paragraph aged very well!
It's so sad to see that negative predictions against Nigeria tend to come to pass extremely accurately!

It's not even up to six months yet lol grin grin grin
Re: Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? by LordReed(m): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2023
FreeSpirited:
We all know Nigeria is bad and limiting but regardless, people are still making it, getting married and raising kids.
Personally however, I see it as a big risk. A huge stress as this country is filled with uncertainties in terms of economy, security and politics.
And when raising a kid, I believe the prevailing culture can influence the thinking and potential of the kid. And aside, exposing kids to this dirty and wicked system I feel it's dangerous, especially when you talk of traveling on our roads, our broken health care that can kill you anytime, poor public facilities, and poor avenue to explore talents.
And sometimes I'm like what if I'm stuck here with my family, unable to take them to a better land of sanity and opportunity. Or if I travel over there and still meet obstacles preventing me from moving them easily.
All of this and many more factors makes me envy and praise young guys who are marrying and still taking care of their family in their own way. Dem dey try.
The question is, is it really not that bad for young families and their plans to give their family the best in this country? Am I just delusional or too idealistic?
It's affecting my decision or seriousness about marriage.

You are too idealistic. Yes the country get as e bi but unless you have no strong values and ethics to impart to your children, you are buying trouble that you shouldn't and overthinking this matter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Checkout Father And Son's Dressing To School End Of Year Party (pictures) / Can You Make Love To Your Wife In Her Father's House? / At What Age Did U Leave Ur Parents House To Stay On Ur Own?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.