Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage (841 Views)

How Much Should A Woman Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? / How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage by emperorsversion(m): 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2021
Please, I will need experienced suggestions here. Years ago, people suggested 100k monthly income as financially sufficient to raise a family. But the reality is things has changed. There have been dramatic increase in prices, services and all. Name it, na house rent, food, abi na school fees should children start coming in.

hence my question, how much is expected for an intending couple to earn jointly before thinking of marriage.

or should we just resort to Belle things, since things are hard?
Re: How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage by Youtubethumbnai(m): 9:19pm On Mar 29, 2021
I have the same question , we need someone to answer please cheesy
Re: How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage by Nazgul: 9:26pm On Mar 29, 2021
If the girl in question which you plan to marry is supportive, then regardless of how much your salary is, you guys can work things out.

But if she's the selfish and self-centered type, you'll have to work and work and work, and she still wouldn't appreciate your efforts cos to her you aren't man enough and don't deserve her love and care.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage by Romanoff(f): 9:30pm On Mar 29, 2021
He should be able to feed two to three adults by himself comfortably without support first. Cause the wife plus a child isn't small expense to feed.

If the woman has a job or business to support, the better. But first be able to feed yourself and two people before you consider marriage.

As love sweet, if money no dey, love dey waka o.

At least be able to afford the basics, food and shelter.
Re: How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage by emperorsversion(m): 9:41pm On Mar 29, 2021
Nazgul:
If the girl in question which you plan to marry is supportive, then regardless of how much your salary is, you guys can work things out.

But if she's the selfish and self-centered type, you'll have to work and work and work, and she still wouldn't appreciate your efforts cos to her you're man enough and don't deserve her love and care.

Exactly, I see your points really... Truth is you hardly find such supportive women these days. They milk their husband and stretch them to live a life of debt even at the early stage of marriage.

I also think you have the best clue to if a woman will be financially supportive before you wife her. Is she the one that contributes not a single penny to your wedding preparation yet she piles up list and expenses that should be met.

Such a lady can be a disaster and a stronghold to financial leakage to the husbands finance, whether working or not.

Advice to single men, look out for these little signs and do not be disturbed by the cliché criteria of photoshoot and all of those vague merriment, cos the real koko comes when married.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage by Wittyglam(f): 9:42pm On Mar 29, 2021
I have a well detailed video on this topic, do check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSWQo5U8iwE
Re: How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage by OlayemiAshraf(m): 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2021
Firstorderwizard:
Afonja have finished Nigeria kpatakpata

Onikure grin ..... Your governor wike wey dey do giveaway with civil servant salary , you didn't talk about that .... Your president bubu wey dey fly to overseas up n down, you didn't talk about that .... grin ... YOU BE CERTIFIED MUMU
Re: How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage by Nazgul: 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2021
emperorsversion:

Exactly, I see your points really... Truth is you hardly find such supportive women these days. They milk their husband and stretch them to live a life of debt even at the early stage of marriage.

I also think you have the best clue to if a woman will be financially supportive before you wife her. Is she the one that contributes not a single penny to your wedding preparation yet she piles up list and expenses that should be met.

Such a lady can be a disaster and a stronghold to financial leakage to the husbands finance, whether working or not.

Advice to single men, look out for these little signs and do not be disturbed by the cliché criteria of photoshoot and all of those vague merriment, cos the real koko comes when married.
The problem is that most guys ignore all these obvious red flags, many damaged marriages today showed signs of possible collapse from the onset but most times we choose to ignore them with the excuse of being in love.

I do tell myself this...any girl who can't spend her money to by me gifts isn't worth my time, regardless of how much I'm earning. This idea of trying to play Mr nice guy has lead may young men into taking their own lives, cos when reality dawns on them, they'll discover that they were investing in a pit and not a safe.

I've seen families where the combined salary of both couples (husband and wife) isn't even up to 300k, yet they're comfortable and happy.

And there are other families where the man earns over half a million, yet stress, depression, nagging...etc from his so called wife is pushing him to an early grave.

The rule of the thumb is to go for someone who understands the meaning of marriage and is ready to give her best in order to make it work no matter the cost.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:24pm On Mar 29, 2021
@Nazgul - beautiful depositions, your depositions are so on point.

emperorsversion:

how much is expected for an intending couple to earn jointly before thinking of marriage.

or should we just resort to Belle things, since things are hard?

The answer to this question is very relative, I know friends who earn 30K and are doing very fine, also another who earns 700K yet not enough for the family. This is largely due to the following factors:

1. Mindset of the said couple's - you the guy/man of the house, what do you understand about finances? What do you know about budgeting? What do you understand about living within your means?

The lady you are tagging along with you, what's her general understanding of finances and management, what informs her attitude concerning building a home, is she a heavy spender, reckless with money, modest etc.

You have to first understand finances as the man and know how to make money very well, and understand the kind of woman that will be needed to manage that resource. That's why you need to be circumspect in choosing a partner, she must posses good qualities.

2. What's your budget for the marriage and do you have enough to live off for three months if both of you don't go to work? Many people seek flamboyant wedding ceremony, and there's nothing wrong with that as far as your earning ability is very solid and you have enough.

However broke thinkers think in terms of the wedding rather than the stability of the marriage where money is most needed.

3. Your earning ability; most times it's not what you are earning that guarantees a stable marriage, it's first your ability to make money and keep making money. You see when your ability to generate money is great, believe me, you will marry anytime you feel ready. Your ability to earn talks about the value (problem solving ability) you posses. Secondly is the management of those earned resources.

4. of priority: do both of you understand how to demonstrate love to each other and carry each other along in the relationship, and seek the best interest of the relationship rather than personal interest? the ability to take decisions for the betterment of the relationship between you two goes a long way to curtain a lot of vices that breaks relationships.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage by Goldeno(m): 10:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
Romanoff:
He should be able to feed two to three adults by himself comfortably without support first. Cause the wife plus a child isn't small expense to feed.

If the woman has a job or business to support, the better. But first be able to feed yourself and two people before you consider marriage.

As love sweet, if money no dey, love dey waka o.

At least be able to afford the basics, food and shelter.
this is also the first requirement for marriage given by Muhammad (PBUH)

you should always consider the unborn child/children.

BTW the prophet feed doesn't mean just food, it meant every thing a person requires, from clothing, shelter, food, schooling, health etc, that is total taking-care-of.

if you can do these them marriage is for you.

it's a shame what you find up north.
Re: How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage by emmanuelbrown26: 10:52pm On Mar 29, 2021
With the type of girls we HV this day only few are supportive.
The only thing I HV realized is that before a man marry, just be ready to accept anything that might come out of it.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is My Mother So Strict / What Do Yoruba Men Like / Lady Slams Boyfriend For Failing To Buy Her Iphone 11 Pro Max

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.