Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Why Does Lagos Look Like A Slum? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does Lagos Look Like A Slum? (3544 Views)

See A Slum Within A Rich Neigbourhood In Abuja (video) / GVR Visits Makoko Slum In Lagos (Photos) / AMBODE: Does Lagos State House Of Assembly Deserve Commendation Or Condemnation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Lagos Look Like A Slum? by Cybercop2002: 3:16pm On Apr 02, 2021
Aconomist:
I live in the U.S. and visit New York all the time. You, like most Nigerians, are completely delusional. I can't even argue with someone who would compare New York to Lagos. Your brain is completely smooth.

Tell me the street in Manhattan that is comparable to Lagos. I've been throughout the city. Also, Manhattan is the the most developed part of New York. The Bronx is the poorest borough. Do you know what a borough is? Do you know what a bodega is? Do you know what ethnicity lives in Washington Heights? Do you know what a brownstone is? Do you know the difference between New York pizza and Chicago pizza?

Prove you have been to New York. Because right now, you are talking nonsense.
pls don't murder my shithole lagos by comparing it with a 1st world city ,though there are beautiful place in lagos but not up to 50percent ,no street light in many place in lagos ,no road signal ,no traffic light ,no cctv camera, nothing nothing except grace which keep the city still and luck which make it popular beside that nothing special i live in lagos born in lagos and breed in lagos

1 Like

Re: Why Does Lagos Look Like A Slum? by Cybercop2002: 3:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
McSquishi:

New York is divided into like 7, 9? boroughs...

Chicago pizza is deep dish, and better.

A bodega is basically a corner store, a convenience store.

Why would I lie about visiting Manhattan and finding it dirty

Speaking of smooth brains: I didn’t compare New York to Lagos originally. I compared people’s reaction to their city being insulted. You didn’t comprehend the simple text I wrote and started making one to one comparisons which I said was not proper. But I did call it a lie that the best place in Lagos is worse than the worse place in New York. It’s still a lie
America is the worstest developed country and new York is the worstest 1st work city with decaying healthcare and infrastructure and biggest slum in sa but las las no be lagos mate
Re: Why Does Lagos Look Like A Slum? by jamjo: 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2021
Aconomist:
With a GDP per capita of $5,000 (according to the Financial Times) Lagos is almost as wealthy as South Africa on a per person basis. But foreign visitors to the city are often stunned by the subhuman conditions in the sprawling metropolis. The private sector is doing its part to remedy the situation -- pushing the cities skyline higher with multi-million dollar skyscrapers such as the Famfa Oil Tower, the Cuddle and Number 4 Bourdillon.

But even the most prestigious districts of Lagos -- Ikoyi, Lekki, and Victoria Island -- still looks like underdeveloped. Why?

The streets are simply too narrow for this level of density. This gives these elite areas a sense claustrophobia that no number of beautiful skyscrapers can improve. The first image is Bourdillon in Ikoyi. The second image is a similar street in Shanghai, China The wide streets in the Asian city allow for a smooth flow of traffic and make the area look wealthier and more developed -- even if you removed the skyscrapers.

It looks like a slum because 70% of Lagos are slum sentiment apart.
Re: Why Does Lagos Look Like A Slum? by Cybercop2002: 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
Aconomist:

The first image is the part developed by Lebanese. The second is the part developed by Nigerians. See the difference?
las las the Lebanese building is still in banana island on our land
Re: Why Does Lagos Look Like A Slum? by Cybercop2002: 5:03pm On Apr 02, 2021
EzeNri:

I have N5k to spare and if you don't need the money, you could use it to subscribe to Airtel 20GB bundle for N3000 and give out the remaining N2000 to an indigent family celebrating Easter,

Just name ONE non-capital city in the entire SW except Lagos that is more developed than Aba.

If you could name any that is more developed than Onitsha, then I'll give out another N10,000.

Every time LAGOS, LAGOS as if na their papa get am. If you guys spend half of the energy dragging for Illorin, by now it should have been unconquered from the Fulanis.

But no, they won't. They are looking for an already made city while their true cities are decaying on daily basis.

Cc:
Monogamy
Simplyleo
bobowaja
SuperBold
Sammy07
small pikin excuse just like saying take away black neighborhood from Canada or any west country
Re: Why Does Lagos Look Like A Slum? by Sammy07: 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
[s]
EzeNri:

I am glad you admitted we TRUMP you guys in housing.

Simple economics - housing is directly proportional to development.

So, there is way Ogun will be more developed than a state that has a more better individually provided housing facilities.

FACT.

Yemi can continue deceiving your guys but realities don't lie.

EDUCATION

It is useless to have all the universities but can't educate your populace. Anambra performs better than Ogun education-wise.

You can have the number of universities while we have the education.

HEALTH
I can't say anything here because I don't have any data.

ECONOMICS
70 percent of Nigerian imports terminate in Anambra.

Anambra is more fiscally responsible than Ogun.

Anambra has a better Gini Coefficient, meaning riches is spread in Anambra than Ogun. Wealth in Ogun is held in few hands.

Anambra has lower debt burden than Ogun signfying more capacity to internally source and generate it funds.

Anambra has the biggest market in WA.

Anambra is solvent while Ogun is not.

Ogun has more vulnerable households than Anambra.

Anambra has a better standard of living than Ogun e.g in housing.

Anambra is home to the city with the largest number of billionaires per capita.

ROAD DEVELOPMENT
Ogun has better federal roads than Anambra.

COMPANIES
Onitsha main market alone employs more than all the companies in Ogun combined.

Anambra has far more self employed people than Ogun.

INFLUNENTIAL PEOPLE
Even you know this is a lie.

ENTERTAINMENT
Nollywood is the biggest player in Nigeria entertainment sector.

Anambra has more notable musicians than Ogun.

Anambra has contributed more players to Super Eagles the largest sports brand in Nigeria than Ogun.

Movies, sports and music, Anambra trumps Ogun.

HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
Anambra leads here.

You will only argue this if you don't understand what HD means.

OGUN is only better than Anambra on Yemi Kwale Statistics.

FACT.
[/s]
You had to post this when I wasn't online
Re: Why Does Lagos Look Like A Slum? by Aconomist: 10:07pm On Apr 03, 2021
Democratic Republic of the Congo. See how the wide streets make the city look more modern? Lagos is suffocating in comparison.

Re: Why Does Lagos Look Like A Slum? by angelfallz(m): 10:11am On Apr 07, 2021
Aconomist and McSquishi nice back and forth. But Aconomist, i think you misunderstood McSquishi. Her grudge was the way you depicted blacks as being defensive.
I think she did prove she knows New York well enough. smiley
Re: Why Does Lagos Look Like A Slum? by EbenezerTriumph: 10:16am On Apr 07, 2021
[s]
Aconomist:
With a GDP per capita of $5,000 (according to the Financial Times) Lagos is almost as wealthy as South Africa on a per person basis. But foreign visitors to the city are often stunned by the subhuman conditions in the sprawling metropolis. The private sector is doing its part to remedy the situation -- pushing the cities skyline higher with multi-million dollar skyscrapers such as the Famfa Oil Tower, the Cuddle and Number 4 Bourdillon.

But even the most prestigious districts of Lagos -- Ikoyi, Lekki, and Victoria Island -- still looks like underdeveloped. Why?

The streets are simply too narrow for this level of density. This gives these elite areas a sense claustrophobia that no number of beautiful skyscrapers can improve. The first image is Bourdillon in Ikoyi. The second image is a similar street in Shanghai, China The wide streets in the Asian city allow for a smooth flow of traffic and make the area look wealthier and more developed -- even if you removed the skyscrapers.
[/s] bia this guy you no get better work?
you spend all your life posting rubbish.
You real need a job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Senator Ifeanyi Ubah Masterminded Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest In Kenya / Constructing More Roads Will Boost Economy Of FCT, Says Wike / Drama In Senate As Chukwumerije Defects To Pdp !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.