Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,111 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix - Crime (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix (86628 Views)

Man Beheaded & Gouged Out The Eyes Of His Neighbour In Bauchi (Graphic Pics) / Angry Villagers Beat Armed Robber To Death In Bauchi (Graphic Photo) / Married Man Burnt To Death At His Girlfriend's House In Portharcourt (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by mhmsadyq(m): 9:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
UNFORTUNATELY, as per understanding, it conveys very little value: because even in teaching shakesphere, the old english has to first be distilled into its modern equivalence before students or actors begin to memorise them.
[/quote]

Ok.
Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by mhmsadyq(m): 9:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
shadeyinka:

All original or ancient language are important with respect to their historical and cultural values and that includes the Quran, Taurat or Injeel

Good
Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by mhmsadyq(m): 9:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
...than non expert arabic speakers who will mis-comprehend plainly written texts because they are untrained.[/color][/quote]

hmmmm,

I completely concur!

"Untrained" is a key word there.
Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by shadeyinka(m): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2021
mhmsadyq:

I admit your articulation and resourcefulness.
Well done!

Every language has its peculiarities.
I told you before, there are no two languages that are exactly the same. You cannot directly translate one language to another completely -- though you dismissed it, without lost in meaning, change in meaning or meaning becoming outright nonsense, in some cases.
This is what interlinear translation does, especially when the meaning is poetic, metaphorical, idiomatic, there is also semantic, etc.
Interlinear translations may not always convey the exact meaning of a phrase when they are poetic,metaphorical or idiomatic. But it gives the exact representation of the arabic words directly written. Thus the interlinear translation has an advantage of not trying to explain such phrases but thus remain closest to the original writings.
In interlinear translations words are always translated in context to what the idiom for instance mean.

mhmsadyq:

What about a case where a word has more than one meanings, how does interlinear translation identify the particular meaning of the word as used.
Interlinear translation only translates words for words without considering meaning or even meaning as used in the sentence.
Interlinear translation ALWAYS translate words that are not poetic,metaphorical or idiomatic in CONTEXT.

He got green in envy will not be written with green as color GREEN but with the word Full of desire because the expert translator know that green here doesn't mean color green

Interlinear translations thus help us to see when stange words are inserted by overzealous translators.

mhmsadyq:

If in Yoruba "eka aro" means "good morning" in English. Does it means eka aro translates to good morning? No.
"Eku ise" can mean "Well done", but cannot translate to "Well done".
"Eku ise" might also have a second or third meaning.

The meaning of that verse shouldn't be taken literally, as interlinear translation is doing.
Please check carefully, all interlinear translations whether of the quran or the bible are translated in CONTEXT! Therefore, words nearest in meaning are used to convey the meanings.
Check Quran 18:90 13 and Quran 18:90 14 for the transliteration min and duniha respectively. They are both called against it in both occurrence. This means that attention is placed more on context than just the literal words.

mhmsadyq:

You need to go to a Muslim scholars for an informed meaningful translation of the words of Allah. Doing it on your own will yield very minimal positive results.

[3:7] Āl ‘Imrān-آل عِمْرَان
"ہُوَ الَّذِیۡۤ اَنۡزَلَ عَلَیۡکَ الۡکِتٰبَ مِنۡہُ اٰیٰتٌ مُّحۡکَمٰتٌ ہُنَّ اُمُّ الۡکِتٰبِ وَ اُخَرُ مُتَشٰبِہٰتٌ ؕ فَاَمَّا الَّذِیۡنَ فِیۡ قُلُوۡبِہِمۡ زَیۡغٌ فَیَتَّبِعُوۡنَ مَا تَشَابَہَ مِنۡہُ ابۡتِغَآءَ الۡفِتۡنَۃِ وَ ابۡتِغَآءَ تَاۡوِیۡلِہٖ ۚ؃ وَ مَا یَعۡلَمُ تَاۡوِیۡلَہٗۤ اِلَّا اللّٰہُ ۘؔ وَ الرّٰسِخُوۡنَ فِی الۡعِلۡمِ یَقُوۡلُوۡنَ اٰمَنَّا بِہٖ ۙ کُلٌّ مِّنۡ عِنۡدِ رَبِّنَا ۚ وَ مَا یَذَّکَّرُ اِلَّاۤ اُولُوا الۡاَلۡبَابِ ﴿۷﴾

He is the One Who has revealed to you the Book comprising some firm and solid Verses (i.e., literally clear and precise in meaning); they are the foundation of (the commandments) of the Book. And other Verses are figurative (i.e., containing abstract and allusive meaning). So, those who have deviation in their hearts follow only its figurative Verses (just) under the urge to create disruption and with the motive to supply them self-seeking interpretation instead of their true interpretation. But none knows its true interpretation apart from Allah. And those who are perfectly firm in knowledge say: ‘We believe in it. The whole (Book) has been revealed by our Lord.’ And direction and guidance is the share of only those who possess wisdom and insight.
Unfortunately, the Quran interlinear translations quoted was done BY some of the best authority of Islam, Arabic and English language. Also don't forget that interlinear translations are different from literal translations. I have the feeling that you mix them up.

Check the INTERLINEAR translation, the words PERCEIVED/ PERCEPTION is not there. It is an invention to correct the TRUTH!
These were the words of ALLAH!
You can correct me if you still think you can see it.

Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by shadeyinka(m): 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
mhmsadyq:

Is anyone confining God to a language?

I think you muslim do!

From call to worship to prayers is done in arabic language!
Some even say that only the arabic version of the quran is the quran or things like the quran cannot be translated.

Its difficult to think otherwise
Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by NobleRace: 11:47pm On Apr 06, 2021
Patrioticman007:
The most common punishment for blasphemers was capital punishment through hanging or stoning, justified by the words of Leviticus 24:13–16. This for the Christians in the house, go & read your Bible.

However this effect of insanity, the man was supposed to be taken to mental asylum, however frustrated Nigerians transfered their anger on him.

You're misquoting the Bible.

The law you quoted from Leviticus was only valid in old testament times. That time, the only punishment for sin was physical punishment. Hence, every sin committed had immediate physical consequences. There was no promise of heaven or hell. There was no judgement day.

In the New testament times, physical punishment has been abolished. Every sin shall be judged on the judgement day. All unrepentant sinners shall be cast into hell.

As a matter of fact, God will wait for the sinner to repent while he's still alive. After he dies, there's no more opportunity for repentance. The next thing is judgement.

Those old testament treatment of sins are no longer useful because, God has made a new covenant available, sealed with the blood of Jesus, which He shed on Calvary. All Christians know this.
Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by NobleRace: 12:08am On Apr 07, 2021
idinaija:
I LOVE ISLAM Very PEACEFUL.
Very sweet religion.

What is sweet in a religion that creates more candidates for hell?
Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by mhmsadyq(m): 8:07pm On Apr 07, 2021
shadeyinka:

Interlinear translations may not always convey the exact meaning of a phrase when they are poetic,metaphorical or idiomatic. But it gives the exact representation of the arabic words directly written. Thus the interlinear translation has an advantage of not trying to explain such phrases but thus remain closest to the original writings.
In interlinear translations words are always translated in context to what the idiom for instance mean.

Interlinear translation ALWAYS translate words that are not poetic,metaphorical or idiomatic in CONTEXT.

He got green in envy will not be written with green as color GREEN but with the word Full of desire because the expert translator know that green here doesn't mean color green

Interlinear translations thus help us to see when stange words are inserted by overzealous translators.

Please check carefully, all interlinear translations whether of the quran or the bible are translated in CONTEXT! Therefore, words nearest in meaning are used to convey the meanings.
Check Quran 18:90 13 and Quran 18:90 14 for the transliteration min and duniha respectively. They are both called against it in both occurrence. This means that attention is placed more on context than just the literal words.

Unfortunately, the Quran interlinear translations quoted was done BY some of the best authority of Islam, Arabic and English language. Also don't forget that interlinear translations are different from literal translations. I have the feeling that you mix them up.

Check the INTERLINEAR translation, the words PERCEIVED/ PERCEPTION is not there. It is an invention to correct the TRUTH!
These were the words of ALLAH!
You can correct me if you still think you can see it.
Invention by who?

I disagree with you on most of what you explained.
But, Ok.
Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by mhmsadyq(m): 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
shadeyinka:

I think you muslim do!

From call to worship to prayers is done in arabic language!
Some even say that only the arabic version of the quran is the quran or things like the quran cannot be translated.

Its difficult to think otherwise

Well i can understand your point.
It makes practice somewhat difficult, but, the language of the Qur'an is worth learning to an average Muslim.

Making Muslims to learn the Arabic language has more advantages to the deen and its adherents.
It has become a tradition that may not change anytime soon.

Its really difficult to imagine calling the Muslims to prayer in Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa etc or reciting a surah in English during the ritual prayers.
Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by shadeyinka(m): 9:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
mhmsadyq:

Well i can understand your point.
It makes practice somewhat difficult, but, the language of the Qur'an is worth learning to an average Muslim.
I agree with you that the original language is worth learning whether Arabic, Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic for those who are able to acquire the knowledge.

mhmsadyq:

Making Muslims to learn the Arabic language has more advantages to the deen and its adherents.
It has become a tradition that may not change anytime soon.

Its really difficult to imagine calling the Muslims to prayer in Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa etc or reciting a surah in English during the ritual prayers.

This is what make us non-muslims believe that the Almighty Allah who created ALL languages must be equally comfortable will all languages.
I guess the problem is compounded by your Islamic clerics who make it sound that even in Al Janna, the language of communication shall be Arabic.
Even when they preach using examples of prophets like Yusuf, Musa and Issa: these people all will be quoted to be speaking Arabic instead of Hebrew. It is said that reading the Quran in Arabic has its blessings but that cannot be said with reading the Quran in another language.
Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by shadeyinka(m): 9:34pm On Apr 07, 2021
mhmsadyq:

Invention by who?

I disagree with you on most of what you explained.
But, Ok.
But the word PERCEIVED/ PERCEPTION is not there. It is an invention to correct the TRUTH!

I have asked, which of the Arabic words in the Aya has meanings nearest to PERCEIVING?
Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by Empiree: 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2021

Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by 4labi1: 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
yungmill:

You are clearly lying and haven't read your sources, 1 read surah 9 then comeback and repeat this gibberish! The koran says there are only 3 reasons a muslim can be killed! 1 when a muslim kills another muslim 2 when a muslim commits corruption in the land and 3 for apostasy and you are here lying through your teeth!
Biko wats d name of the surah 9 ,secondly I m not talking my mouth olodo I am typing. tongue n lastly even if the quran says xyz as an inteligent being wch we are won't u question y if it doesn't make sense. U just dey talk like say u no go school
Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by 4labi1: 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2021
DennisEche:

Guy calm down because your Taqiya wont work on me, i expected you to condemn this barbaric act by your brothers but you are here dancing and trying to justify it. If i may ask you, do you know how many people insult Jesus on daily basis yet no one has been killed or harmed because of it but can i say that about Muslims if it were to be the other way round.
Muslims should learn that the world has changed so they should stop dragging the world back because of a book that was written before you were born.
The people can contribute money to buy fuel to lynch the man but cant give information that will end Boko haram in their region.
I have no intentions of justifying their stupid decision to burn pipo bcus of anytin. Sharia law is a very pointless tbh I still don't know y some part of the country use it. But just bcus u haven't heard extremists Christian doing deres doesn't mean dey don't exist. Tnk gudness we all know the conspiracy behind Davinci

1 Like

Re: Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix by yungmill(m): 11:31pm On Dec 28, 2021
4labi1:

Biko wats d name of the surah 9 ,secondly I m not talking my mouth olodo I am typing. tongue n lastly even if the quran says xyz as an inteligent being wch we are won't u question y if it doesn't make sense. U just dey talk like say u no go school

As usual no proper argument so you attack the person! When will you grow up? Where are the refutations? Will wait till allah and pedomad sorry mohammed gets sense!

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Set To Marry By August, Fiancée Battered By Fiance (Disturbing Photos) / Michael Usifo Ataga Is Dead, Super TV CEO Murdered / Married 'Lovers' Who Were Found Dead In A Car In Lagos (More Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.