Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Onitsha: A City With No Government - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha: A City With No Government (3377 Views)

Idris Wase: No Government Has Touched Lives Of Ordinary Citizens Like APC / Falae: There May Be No Government In Abuja After Buhari / Salihu Yakasai: No Government Can Condone Sanusi’s Criticisms – Ganduje’s Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha: A City With No Government by WoundedLamb: 2:43am On Apr 01, 2021
Here is the one downtown. I once had an embarrassing moment here when I was teen.

But OP, why are you always coming hard on the black skin? Do you hate yourself? Just curious.

Re: Onitsha: A City With No Government by Jamesbally: 6:54am On Apr 01, 2021
Onitsha is one of the most underdeveloped City in Nigeria.

Re: Onitsha: A City With No Government by SEGLIZ: 10:09am On Apr 01, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
Op. What to you posted is a fact. Am Igbo but this should not be seen as a tribal bash.

Unfortunately same can be said of most water ways in Nigeria.

Nigeria a country without leaders.

my brother, for the first time on nairaland in the recent time we all seen our problems from the same perspective (our leaders).
ethnicity and tribe isn't the problem but leadership is just the thing.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha: A City With No Government by Aconomist: 11:14am On Apr 01, 2021
Rossikki:

Look at your mentality.

''They, they, they''....all day long.

Finger pointing expert.

It is never YOU.

ALWAYS someone else's fault.

Even when you proffer a so called ''solution'', it is still to get and pay WHITE MEN to do the work. Gensler this, Julius Berger that.

.[/b]

Why would I give a project like this to Nigerians when you have already proven yourselves incompetent and incapable of basic reasoning? Let's go back to Banana Island.

The first picture is the waterfront developed by Lebanese developers. The second picture is the part developed by Nigerians. These are your elites BTW -- millionaires and billionaires -- living in what looks like a zoo habitat. They take their private jets to London, New York, and Dubai only to return to Nigeria with a head emptier than when they left.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha: A City With No Government by Aconomist: 11:22am On Apr 01, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Here is the one downtown. I once had an embarrassing moment here when I was teen.

But OP, why are you always coming hard on the black skin? Do you hate yourself? Just curious.
When have I ever said anything about skin?
Re: Onitsha: A City With No Government by WoundedLamb: 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2021
Aconomist:
When have I ever said anything about skin?

Lmao... 'The black skin' was used figuratively. I meant the black man; i.e. the black race in general.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha: A City With No Government by MrMaestro: 3:04pm On Apr 01, 2021
I've long come to the conclusion that the brain drain of Nigeria is doing more damage to the country than most people realize. There are millions of brilliant nigerians in the UK, US, and UAE. Unfortunately those nigerians have decided to help those countries, instead of building up their own. As a result, we have fallen far behind where we should be.

The reason why Dubai, China, Thailand etc. have been able to develop faster than Nigeria is because their best and brightest stayed to fix the country. Unfortunately Nigerians abroad just talk, and don't do anything. As many threads Aconomist opens on this, it's important to realize he's just doing the same.
Re: Onitsha: A City With No Government by Aconomist: 9:19pm On Apr 01, 2021
MrMaestro:
I've long come to the conclusion that the brain drain of Nigeria is doing more damage to the country than most people realize. There are millions of brilliant nigerians in the UK, US, and UAE. Unfortunately those nigerians have decided to help those countries, instead of building up their own. As a result, we have fallen far behind where we should be.

The reason why Dubai, China, Thailand etc. have been able to develop faster than Nigeria is because their best and brightest stayed to fix the country. Unfortunately Nigerians abroad just talk, and don't do anything. As many threads Aconomist opens on this, it's important to realize he's just doing the same.
There is no such thing as brain drain. When a country becomes as dysfunctional and consumed with stupidity as Nigeria, going back is like trying to save a drowning man. You will drown along with him. Don't blame the diaspora for this. Places like Dubai and Thailand have basic civilization and rule of law. The locals built a foundation for the diaspora to return and be productive -- this simply doesn't exist in Nigeria.

In Nigeria, you allow Dangote to hold the whole real estate industry hostage selling cement at 200% his cost to produce it. And if that wasn't bad enough, to even get a loan from the bank will charge interest rates of 20%. Our real estate sector (which is where my passion lies) is growing at less than 1% annually while the currency depreciates at 20% against the dollar. The country is utterly and completely un-investable. For every 1 successful business in Nigeria, 1,000 are failing. The only growth industries in nigger-area are politics, 419, and kidnapping.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha: A City With No Government by Aconomist: 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2021
Re: Onitsha: A City With No Government by SuperKlean(m): 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2021
Obalatule:
SuperBold your imaginary ipob is now attacking Onitsha and nobody is tagging him afonja

You see why i said most yoruba in this forum dey ment?......all of you are obsessed with everything igbo
grin grin
they're mad, many of them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

As President Buhari Clocks 79, A Focus On Achievements, Challenges / Aisha Reacts After Video Of Niger Residents Attack Tinubu’s Campaign Vehicle / Destruction Of Atlas Cove Oil Depot In Lagos - By Mend - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.