Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,282 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me (1513 Views)

Woman Takes DNA Test, Learns Boyfriend Of Six Years Is Her Biological Brother / Man To Marry Elder Sister Of His Girlfriend Of 5 Years Who Turned Down Proposal / Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by Darkprime(m): 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
Two months ago (on valentine's day to be exact), I broke up with my girlfriend of four years. We started dating in 2017, then she and her family moved to Ghana a year later and it became a long distance thingy. We kept in contact for a very long time up until 2020 during the COVID-19 lockdown period.

Then I noticed she started becoming more bored and distracted anytime I called her, and I was always the one to initiate contacts. She later confessed that she found a new guy in Ghana. Things led to a boiling point in February and we called it off. As I was in severe pains, I unfriended/blocked her all over social media, blacklisted her numbers and removed everything that reminded me of her. I remember she blamed it on us being very far apart and also claiming that I stopped "giving her vibes".

Just yesterday, I was browsing through my Facebook when I saw that she sent me a friend request. I'm struggling to come up with reasons as to why she must have done this. I am yet to respond to the request as I type this. What could have motivated her to send a random friend request?
Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by Xenry: 3:29pm On Mar 31, 2021
She wants to rebreak your heart. sad sad RUN!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by Olunmercy56(f): 3:29pm On Mar 31, 2021
Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by Parrie(m): 3:33pm On Mar 31, 2021
same with me.
Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by Bola146(f): 3:36pm On Mar 31, 2021
wink Not all ex are bad. Distance separated both of you. If she is married, it might want to do mutual friend with you, if she is not married, you can get back together
Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by Officialhorlah(m): 3:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
Xenry:
She wants to rebreak your heart. sad sad RUN!!!
cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by Cerebellum: 4:34pm On Mar 31, 2021
Nah the "sever pain" funny me most
But why Facebook request con become matter now ntori oloun

Aswear to slap this OP dey hungry me

1 Like

Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by crossfm: 5:00pm On Mar 31, 2021
Just a friend request and you are already panicking.

I know it hurts to break up the way you guys did,but I will advise you move on.She was sincere enough to let you Know she found another guy and I respect her for that.Some would have been giving you a lot of hope even when they know it's no longer possible you guys can still be together.

If I were in your shoes,I will accept her friend request and see what she has to say. Mind you it doesn't pay to have a lot of resentment in your heart.If it's possible you guys can still be friends.

4 Likes

Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2021
Give him a chance. ..hear what he wants to say n if ok by you push forward.....life is somehow bro
Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by MickzyDonald: 5:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
Give him a chance. ..hear what he wants to say n if ok by you push forward.....life is somehow bro
this guy isn't a GAY bro,he said EX- GIRLFRIEND

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by punisha: 5:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
KitKatAn:
Oh no, it's a pity to hear this. As for me, I like that I can freely chat with interesting people online. Maybe you will try it? It is interesting and you can get to know a lot of interesting people. I am using interracialdatingsites right now. There I can freely chat with interesting people, to communicate etc. It is a good solution to start new relations, maybe to find a good person etc.

will u keep kwayet u mofo!

how does this answer his question?
Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by Darkprime(m): 5:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
crossfm:
Just a friend request and you are already panicking.

I know it hurts to break up the way you guys did,but I will advise you move on.She was sincere enough to let you Know she found another guy and I respect her for that.Some would have been giving you a lot of hope even when they know it's no longer possible you guys can still be together.

If I were in your shoes,I will accept her friend request and see what she has to say. Mind you it doesn't pay to have a lot of resentment in your heart.If it's possible you guys can still be friends.

We ended things on a very very bad note. I didn't imagine we'd ever be speaking again and that's what informed my surprise when I saw her friend request. Either way, I accepted it already but I'll leave it at that for now.
Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by Darkprime(m): 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
Cerebellum:
Nah the "sever pain" funny me most

But why Facebook request con become matter now ntori oloun

Aswear to slap this OP dey hungry me
You won't understand grin

E never reach to dey slap sha
Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by Robertgreene1(m): 5:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
so what exactly is ur problem young man?..guys seek attention pass girls on this forum...smh

1 Like

Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by iRepNaija1: 5:51pm On Mar 31, 2021
Darkprime:
Two months ago (on valentine's day to be exact), I broke up with my girlfriend of four years. We started dating in 2017, then she and her family moved to Ghana a year later and it became a long distance thingy. We kept in contact for a very long time up until 2020 during the COVID-19 lockdown period.

Then I noticed she started becoming more bored and distracted anytime I called her, and I was always the one to initiate contacts. She later confessed that she found a new guy in Ghana. Things led to a boiling point in February and we called it off. As I was in severe pains, I unfriended/blocked her all over social media, blacklisted her numbers and removed everything that reminded me of her. I remember she blamed it on us being very far apart and also claiming that I stopped "giving her vibes".

Just yesterday, I was browsing through my Facebook when I saw that she sent me a friend request. I'm struggling to come up with reasons as to why she must have done this. I am yet to respond to the request as I type this. What could have motivated her to send a random friend request?

OP, what does "stopped giving vibes" even mean? Serious question.

Anyway, don't respond. Continue to block her on all social media accounts and focus on yourself. The problem with us human beings is that after a while, we start to take things and people for granted that we're used to having easily available to us. Obviously, the long-distance didn't help but one must always remember what brought them to their significant other and choose that love/relationship every day. It's only when we lose it do we realize the true value of something that or someone who is now absent. Maybe the thing she had with the other guy didn't work out, maybe she seeks the comfort of the familiar (you). Regardless, don't entertain her. She squandered her chance with you and the consequence of her actions should be losing the privilege of having you in her life.

Concentrate on work, get hobbies, reconnect with friends, work on your side hustle. Just get busy and be the best version of yourself. You need to re-learn how to find happiness and contentment in being on your own. Happiness is the best revenge (money helps too, though lol). And if you happen to run into her again, she will see what she lost, especially if you seem at peace with yourself and her. Moving on is more for your benefit than hers. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by Kondomatic(m): 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
Darkprime:

We ended things on a very very bad note. I didn't imagine we'd ever be speaking again and that's what informed my surprise when I saw her friend request. Either way, I accepted it already but I'll leave it at that for now .
Same thing she is doing. She knows that you've accepted but she is going to leave it at that for now.

A step at a time. grin
Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by crossfm: 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
Darkprime:

We ended things on a very very bad note. I didn't imagine we'd ever be speaking again and that's what informed my surprise when I saw her friend request. Either way, I accepted it already but I'll leave it at that for now.

I understand you,it's a difficult situation but trust me you will feel better after you let the past go.We learn from experience and what doesn't kill us make us stronger.
Re: My Ex-girlfriend Of Four Years Is Trying To Contact Me by Akuruoulo(m): 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
DON'T LISTEN TO ANY WOMAN'S ADVICE THAT SUGGESTS U CAN GET BK TO HER , BECUS THATS ALL THEY HAVE TO SAY WHEN A GALS IS GUILTY . U GUYS CAN BE JUST FRIENDS. BT NT GO INTO RELATIONSHIPS ANY LONGER BECUS SHE WILL STILL BREAK, AND REBREAK UR HEART

(1) (Reply)

XXXZ / TRUE LIFE STORY: My 2-months Relationship / STORY] Mum’s Best Friend (+18) – (episode 1 – 5)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.