Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,486 members, 7,954,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:19 AM

Burna Boy And Wizkid Are The Most Streamed Artists On Spotify In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy And Wizkid Are The Most Streamed Artists On Spotify In Nigeria (255 Views)

Ice Prince Is Spotify 2018 Most Streamed African Rapper / Davido Replies Non-fan Who Said 'yemi Alade And Wizkid Are Bigger Than Him" / Korede Bello: Tiwa Savage And Wizkid Are Consenting Adults (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burna Boy And Wizkid Are The Most Streamed Artists On Spotify In Nigeria by Cromartie: 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2021
March 31, 2021: On February 23rd, more than 70 million songs, 2.2 million podcast titles, and over 4 billion playlists became officially available to Spotify listeners in Nigeria for free. Spotify launched with a tailored music experience for Africa with more than 100 expertly curated playlists across some of the most popular genres in the continent. But what got the fans listening? 

The first 30 days demonstrated how much Nigerian listeners love their home-grown artists.

Four out of the top five most-streamed artists are from Nigeria. Topping the list are the country’s beloved superstars:  WizKid, Burna Boy, DaVido, and Rema. 

Local hits are also resonating the most with Nigerian listeners. The most-streamed track in Nigeria over the past month is “Bounce” by Rema, followed by Wizkid and Burna Boy’s “Ginger” and DaVido and Teni’s “FOR YOU”.

With a strong appetite for local sounds, it comes as no surprise that Hot Hits Naija is one of the top-streamed playlists among users. Spotify’s Africa to the world playlist African Heat comes in second reflecting listeners’ keenness to discover music from all over the continent. 

Podcast listening may be a relatively new trend in Nigeria, but it is fast gaining momentum among Nigerians. In the last month, the most popular podcast on Spotify is “I Said What I Said,” with “Kwality Kontent” coming in second. “TED Talks Daily” came in third, followed by “Articulate One” and “The Daily Show With Trevor Noah: Ears Edition” in fourth and fifth position respectively. 

Residents of Lagos, Suleja, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Benin City account for the most Spotify streams in Nigeria.

So how did the first month of Spotify in Nigeria sound? 

Top-streamed artists:  

- WizKid
- Burna Boy
- DaVido
- Drake
- Rema 

Top-streamed songs: 

- Rema - Bounce
- WizKid feat. Burna Boy - Ginger
- DaVido, Teni - FOR YOU
- Olamide, Omah Lay - Infinity
- DaVido, Focalistic, Virgo Deep - Ke Star - Remix 

Most popular playlists:

- Hot Hits Naija
- African Heat
- Today's Top Hits
- RapCaviar
- Gbedu 

Top podcasts: 

- I Said What I Said
- Kwality Kontent
- TED Talks Daily
- Articulate One
- The Daily Show With Trevor Noah: Ears Edition

Cities with most streams on Spotify: 

- Lagos
- Suleja
- Abuja
- Port Harcourt
- Benin City 

Data based on Spotify user consumption between February 23 and March 22, 2021.

SOURCE: https://brandnewsday.com/2021/03/31/burna-boy-and-wizkid-are-the-most-streamed-artists-on-spotify-in-nigeria/

Re: Burna Boy And Wizkid Are The Most Streamed Artists On Spotify In Nigeria by Dcube212: 7:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
I don't understand
Re: Burna Boy And Wizkid Are The Most Streamed Artists On Spotify In Nigeria by SarkinYarki: 7:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
As a numbers guy I was expecting to see numbers but didnt
Re: Burna Boy And Wizkid Are The Most Streamed Artists On Spotify In Nigeria by osamz007: 7:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
Grammy men

Re: Burna Boy And Wizkid Are The Most Streamed Artists On Spotify In Nigeria by osamz007: 7:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
SarkinYarki:
As a numbers guy I was expecting to see numbers but didnt

I expected your comments in numbers too

Re: Burna Boy And Wizkid Are The Most Streamed Artists On Spotify In Nigeria by Anigreat: 7:14pm On Mar 31, 2021
shocked

Lame wack overrated piece of trash musicians
Re: Burna Boy And Wizkid Are The Most Streamed Artists On Spotify In Nigeria by SarkinYarki: 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2021
osamz007:

I expected your comments in numbers too

Low IQ flee from me
Re: Burna Boy And Wizkid Are The Most Streamed Artists On Spotify In Nigeria by fadal(m): 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2021
Burna boy i dey like the Guy o he's too quiet
Re: Burna Boy And Wizkid Are The Most Streamed Artists On Spotify In Nigeria by osamz007: 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
fadal:
Burna boy i dey like the Guy o he's too quiet

the burna I know

Re: Burna Boy And Wizkid Are The Most Streamed Artists On Spotify In Nigeria by osamz007: 7:51pm On Mar 31, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

Lame wack overrated piece of trash musicians

(1) (Reply)

I Reached Out To Keyamo As Brother For Help -eedris Abdulkareem / Journey / Facebook: Wallzee's Team Of Cyber Security Experts Recover Account After Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.