Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,365 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers (24952 Views)

Why I Sacked Auxiliary - Seyi Makinde / Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet / Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by fubsy: 9:14am On Apr 01, 2021
Why should a commissioner direct a construction company to stop work when (1) the constructing company has been paid; (2) the state governor who the commissioner represents was not hinted of the intended stop-work order; (3) the construction is for the good of the entire Rivers State; (4) there is a possibility of an action against the state by the construction company; (5) when the stop-work order can be used as a basis for the construction company to move their tools from site and make the projects abandoned projects; etc?
What kind of show of power did the commissioner display, particularly in Rivers State under Nyensom Wike that is praised as Mr. Project. Also, when Rivers State is not the current federal government!!!
I think the Governor should investigate the ex-Commissioner's action, and if need be prosecute him.
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by ITbomb(m): 9:15am On Apr 01, 2021
Wike is a dictator

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by bennnamdi: 9:51am On Apr 01, 2021
My friends that are clamouring for jobs to be given to local contractors did you listen to Wike when he said he stopped giving jobs to Local contractors because they will come back to ask for reviews or in some cases abandon the job...He cited one instance during Amaechi's tenor, a road contract was to be awarded, JB bided for 16B while local contractors bided 9B, the job was given the Local contractor, after many months the job was abandoned and they spent 21B finally to finish the road.
While i advocate for Local content the way our Local contractors use substandard materials or abandon projects is alarming.. i can count many roads abandoned after mobilization fees where paid. So if using JB will give us what we want is better.

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Confirmedzombie: 9:56am On Apr 01, 2021
Wike lied, the commissioner stopped the work to enable Julius conduct a thorough Environmental impact Assessment.

This is the duty of the commissioner. Must wike be the one to approve everything.

2023 will be a bad time for Dictator wike.
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Halo22: 10:52am On Apr 01, 2021
This is a total abuse of the administrative protocol and most heads of agencies and parasatals are guilty of such offence.
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by dbonks(m): 10:59am On Apr 01, 2021
elmessiahs:
Wike should thread with ease... Rivers people are not lazy, we know why he uses Julius berger. We have local contractors who are worthy of doing projects and are hard working and sincere instead his avaricious intent with Berger to swindle hardworking Rivers youths have led him to forget standard. Very greedy man

Some of you come online and begin to rant as if other indigenes don't stay in the same state.
Under this govt there are so many road projects executed by indigenous contractors like Lubrik construction, M.C.C and other reputable contractors... Check around you, but personal interest overrides our thinking most times.
I know the govt might not be personally favouring you like is not favouring me, but relatively this guy has been trying interms of project execution in the state, especially in the area of road and bridges.
But we know we need more, but that does not mean that I should he coming online to telling obvious lie.
In my L.G.A...i saw a road executed my a company called W.E and I know such a name is indigenous...the road Linkin Rukpokwu market junction with Eneka was also executed by an indigenous contractor, this is few amongst many other names.

Please let us be guided by reason sometimes when we write online. #peace.

1 Like

Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Carlyscales: 11:19am On Apr 01, 2021
Igbochief001:
The commissioner is absolutely correct ...u need environmental approval to commence any project

Buh here we are not smart at all

Tomorrow how one village go flood to e start wondering why
Do you actually know what it takes for ministry of environment to give approval for a project in Nigeria

I bet you that it wasn't even giving them money or not here. JB is too experienced for that.

But likely the amount they demanded for
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 01, 2021
In Dat Case, Wike Is Right 4 Sacking Him. How Can U Do Something Without D Approval Of Ur Superior?
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by Mars16(m): 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2021
aguiyi2:
How sure are we that Wike is telling the whole truth?
Me I can never believe him.
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by elmessiahs(m): 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2021
dbonks:

Some of you come online and begin to rant as if other indigenes don't stay in the same state.
Under this govt there are so many road projects executed by indigenous contractors like Lubrik construction, M.C.C and other reputable contractors... Check around you, but personal interest overrides our thinking most times.
I know the govt might not be personally favouring you like is not favouring me, but relatively this guy has been trying interms of project execution in the state, especially in the area of road and bridges.
But we know we need more, but that does not mean that I should he coming online to telling obvious lie.
In my L.G.A...i saw a road executed my a company called W.E and I know such a name is indigenous...the road Linkin Rukpokwu market junction with Eneka was also executed by an indigenous contractor, this is few amongst many other names.

Please let us be guided by reason sometimes when we write online. #peace.
uncle small small, any one who lives and do business in Rivers state is an indigene please don't have a different notion. Wike is doing well in road construction yes but get me right that Wike does not want corporate social benefit of Rivers state workers... you ought to have been following his policies better so as not to be misguided by this politicians.
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by SIRRITE: 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2021
elmessiahs:
What's the essence of oversight, to inspect and know if quality standard is not followed.

Who inspect the the corrupt inspector? My bro everything in Naija is not working, everyone is trying to have their own way even if it evolved stealing from the public grin
Re: Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers by elmessiahs(m): 5:07am On Apr 02, 2021
SIRRITE:

Who inspect the the corrupt inspector? My bro everything in Naija is not working, everyone is trying to have their own way even if it evolved stealing from the public grin
That's true boss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari: Why I Chose To Be Treated At A Nigerian Private Clinic / Orji Kalu, Umahi ‘in Desperate Move To Return To PDP’ ― Nkole / Nigeria Heading For Price Crash, Says BUA Chairman, Rabiu Abdulsamad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.