Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,475 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications (757 Views)

Tribalism Has Finished Nairaland - This Is Serious / Tribalism Has To Stop On Social Media / 2023, Which Way Nigeria? Tribalism Has Eaten Us Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Wamjo96: 8:46am On Apr 01, 2021
Let me make one thing clear here, I'm not a Nigerian rather I'm from East Africa particularly Uganda, but I've been on and off this forum from about 2015. My message only concerns tribalism that is slowly killing Africa.

Tribalism is Nigeria and Africa's pain in the ass. . I've observed that in Nigeria tribalism is the order of the day more so than East Africa or UG where we also have to deal with this issue. The hatred for each other that you exhibit is out of this world, some people here even support genocide thru the statements they make.... What is the basis of making such inflammatory comments? Won't this kind of stance lead you to another civil war? Exclusionary politics is a recipe for disaster and you people have that already but you just continue fanning the flames! Very stupid if you ask me. Why do you have youth service if it has failed to build love across the board? The Nigeria political system is all about tribal alliances of the majority tribes except the igbo(who for some reason are very hated countrywide as I've observed) ....where does that leave the millions of minorities?

I studied the biafra war when I was a student of African nationalism in A level as well as the Katanga and Kasai secessions, but why is it that the Congolese who have been in the same spot as you are moved on and are now in unity but in Nigeria you have Oduduwa, biafra, Niger delta Republic agitations, it shows that after the civil war there was no true reconciliation and the war fanned more tribalism. Take a lesson from the Congolese on how live in unity after adversity because even the blind can see that in Nigeria unlike other African countries UNITY IS FORCED.

UNITY SHOULD BE BY MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING SHORT OF WHICH THE RIGHT TO SELF DETERMINATION SUFFICES. In Tanzania there's youth service and in this country it has served its purpose for you can see how the people mourned their president in unity and oneness and are very proud of their country.

I was shocked to learn that in Nigeria when you live in a region not your home region you're considered a FOREIGNER(in the same vein as say a Ugandan in Nigeria) because for some reason you managed to class yourselves as indeginous and non indeginous People and you use this to exclude capable people. WITH THIS SYSTEM HOW CAN YOU FIGHT TRIBALISM? And you even issue a certificate for this. In Uganda if you come from the North and settle anywhere else your full rights follow you such that you're automatically eligible for political office if you're elected in that place you chose. What may be your shortcoming is the people not being acquainted with you.

Tribalism is how we Africans waste intelligent people, by being petty in all we do looking at everything on a tribal basis....therefore being tribal bigots takes us backwards actually. This has a ripple effect on the general development of the country. I will elaborate with the example of my country Uganda, famous for the expulsion of asians, where we have Ugandans of Indian and other origins who are highly qualified administrators and managers but are never employed by govt for the same petty reasons as I'm condemning i.e. Tribalism. In the end we lose out on their expertise and connections because of the need to see locals(so called indeginous people) in those posts as if those 'Indians' are not locals. We should embrace all who we share a country with without exclusion. Therefore we end up struggling with poor work ethics because people know they are there not because of their ability but because of who they are, what tribe they are etc.

As an individual I have no problem if we employ an Asian Ugandan as the Minister of health if he is competent and serves the national interest because I believe in competency and meritocracy. All citizens should be equal.
MY STANCE ON TRIBALISM IS THIS, I DON'T EAT TRIBE NEITHER DOES IT PAY MY BILLS, SO IT ONLY GUIDES ME AS FAR AS CUSTOMS ARE CONCERNED. THINGS SUCH AS NAMING CHILDREN AND THE LIKE. THUS I CANNOT EMPLOY SOMEONE OR TREAT SOMEONE AS SPECIAL JUST BECAUSE HE IS MY TRIBE...HELL NO! IT HAS TO BE MERIT FOR ME.

A person employed on merit is a person you can hold accountable and fire if anything goes wrong without thinking twice or being obscured by kinship.

So for the good of mother Africa we should relegate tribe to the maintenance of our customs and not allow it to play out at the national...which in turn creates room for backward people to rise over the creme.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by PoliteActivist: 8:51am On Apr 01, 2021
You are from Uganda?
Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Wamjo96: 8:53am On Apr 01, 2021
PoliteActivist:
You are from Uganda?
That's right.
Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by theTranslator: 8:55am On Apr 01, 2021
Wamjo96

Tribalism is only really rampant on social media,in real life its very little

And in Nigeria you must have some level of tribalism in you or you won't survive

Nigeria isn't one

And igbos aren't hated

They want you to believe that
Its a very big falsehood

Everybody is trying to survive Nigeria and online Igbos dont seem to live up to it

They only want to shout marginalization
Nigeria has almost 300 tribes

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Fahdiga(m): 8:58am On Apr 01, 2021
That's why I've been educating people on the negative effects of tribalism. it does no one any good. many people on nairaland live and breath tribalism which is very bad. folks let's shun tribalism and treat each other with respect. the mods should be watchful of nairaland resident tribalist and ban them if there's need for it.

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by theTranslator: 9:06am On Apr 01, 2021
Fahdiga:
That's why I've been educating people on the negative effects of tribalism. it does no one any good. many people on nairaland live and breath tribalism which is very bad. folks let's shun tribalism and treat each other with respect. the mods should be watchful of nairaland resident tribalist and ban them if there's need for it.
Are you kidding me right now?? cheesy

You're undebatably the number 1 Tribalist in the whole of Nairaland

You're type of tribalism is radical tribalism

I've told you already
I'd like to see you in real life
I want to see how you're faring with such a life
I DONT think you're doing good

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Abdul05: 9:10am On Apr 01, 2021
You are a Ugandan person abi.And now, you are telling Nigerians about this country Nigeria ba.

You know nothing, my advice for you is to come
to Nigeria and see things by yourself.

grin grin undoubtedly, you have eyes but you cannot see
Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Fahdiga(m): 9:11am On Apr 01, 2021
theTranslator:

You're undebatably the number 1 Tribalist in the whole of Nairaland

I've told you already
Any proof of what you are wrongly accusing me of or are you tagging me wrongly because I'm not from your tribe. heaven will bear me witness that I'm not a tribalist and will never be one. I hate bigots

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Lekan1o1: 9:21am On Apr 01, 2021
I'm a Yoruba but I have to say the truth.
The Igbo's have been badly treated since after the war...and deserved to be on their own
They Neva wanted to be part of Nigeria in the first place before the amalgamation.
I love the Igbo's they are good people with conscience, I grew up in the neighborhood where there are more Igbo's reside and I wasn't segregated or mistreated as a Yoruba, infact I have gotten more favors from Igbo's than my fellow Yoruba's reasons I don't join them in their tribal nonsense.

A YORUBA MAN YES , BUT IM A MAN WITH CONSCIENCE ,
Nigeria needs to disintegrate let's go our separate ways

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Sammy07: 9:22am On Apr 01, 2021
[s]
Fahdiga:
[/s]

Says a bloody tribalist

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Sammy07: 9:24am On Apr 01, 2021
[s]
Lekan1o1:
The Igbo's have been badly treated since after the war...and deserved to be on their own
They Neva wanted to be part of Nigeria in the first place before the almgamation.
I love the Igbo's they a good people with conscience, I grew up in the neighborhood where there are more Igbo's reside and I wasn't segregated or mistreated as a Yoruba, intact I have gotten more favors from Igbo's than my fellow Yoruba's reasons I don't join them in their tribal nonsense.

[/s]

No one ask for stories
Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Lekan1o1: 9:24am On Apr 01, 2021
theTranslator:

You're undebatably the number 1 Tribalist in the whole of Nairalann
I've told you already

Its funny how u accuse him of being tribalist but I just checked the history of ur comment and his and found out that u are more of a tribalist that he is.
As 95% of ur comments are based on tribalism.

I'm a Yoruba man like u but y'all need to tone down the tribalism its disgusting

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Lekan1o1: 9:26am On Apr 01, 2021
Sammy07:

No one ask for stories

I will always say the truth , u cancling my comment don't mean shit.
I love Igbo's they are good people
Won't let y'all blackmail me into swallowing my God given conscience.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Fahdiga(m): 9:30am On Apr 01, 2021
Sammy07:

Says a bloody tribalist
Is cancelling of my post the evidence you can provide for calling me a tribalist. I think reverse is the case. you are a well known tribalist here and you are trying to deflect attention. only the mods can explain the reason why you have not been banned for your bigotry

4 Likes

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Sammy07: 9:30am On Apr 01, 2021
[s]
Lekan1o1:

I will always say the truth , u cancling my comment don't mean shit.
I love Igbo's they are good people
Won't let y'all blackmail me into swallowing my God given conscience.
[/s]

Did I ask you for stories?
Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Sammy07: 9:32am On Apr 01, 2021
[s]
Fahdiga:
Is cancelling of my post the evidence you can provide for calling me a tribalist. I think reverse is the case. you are a well known tribalist here and you are trying to deflect attention. only the mods can explain the reason why you have not been banned for your bigotry
[/s]

Says a bloody tribalist Yoruba wanna be.

Why will I be banned undecided

How far is your mother still from Ondo?
Make we chat in dialects grin

Yoruba wannabe

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Easternblood: 9:36am On Apr 01, 2021
theTranslator:
Wamjo96

Tribalism is only really rampant on social media,in real life its very little

And in Nigeria you must have some level of tribalism in you or you won't survive

Nigeria isn't one

And igbos aren't hated

They want you to believe that
Its a very big falsehood

Everybody is trying to survive Nigeria and online Igbos dont seem to live up to it

They only want to shout marginalization
Nigeria has almost 300 tribes
Big Liar

4 Likes

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by IgweOfNnewi: 9:36am On Apr 01, 2021
Tribalism is bad
Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Lekan1o1: 9:36am On Apr 01, 2021
Sammy07:

Did I ask you for stories?

And did I mention ur name in my story were u the person who open the topic ,? why don't u mind ur business ?
Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Wamjo96: 9:37am On Apr 01, 2021
Abdul05:
You are a Ugandan person abi.And now, you are telling Nigerians about this country Nigeria ba.

You know nothing, my advice for you is to come
to Nigeria and see things by yourself.

grin grin undoubtedly, you have eyes but you cannot see

These are my observations. Let those with something substantive talk. This is the pettiness I'm lambasting.
Tribalism affects Nigeria the same way it does Uganda so my assertions are not misplaced.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Fahdiga(m): 9:37am On Apr 01, 2021
Lekan1o1:

Its funny how u accuse him of being tribalist but I just checked the history of ur comment and his and found out that u are more of a tribalist that he is.

I'm a Yoruba man like u but y'all need to tone down the tribalism its disgusting
Don't mind him. I've never seen a hypocritical tribalist like the guy you quoted. he live and breath tribalism. hardly will he comment without using bigoted words. he is trying to deflect attention from who he is

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Easternblood: 9:37am On Apr 01, 2021
Lekan1o1:
They Neva wanted to be part of Nigeria in the first place before the almgamation.
I love the Igbo's they a good people with conscience, I grew up in the neighborhood where there are more Igbo's reside and I wasn't segregated or mistreated as a Yoruba, intact I have gotten more favors from Igbo's than my fellow Yoruba's reasons I don't join them in their tribal nonsense.

thank you for standing up for the truth

4 Likes

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Sammy07: 9:38am On Apr 01, 2021
Easternblood:
thank you for standing up for the truth

Says a bloody tribalist and its written in your post history cheesy
Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Fahdiga(m): 9:39am On Apr 01, 2021
Sammy07:

Says a bloody tribalist Yoruba wanna be.

Why will I be banned undecided

How far is your mother still from Ondo?
Make we chat in dialects grin

Yoruba wannabe
So me claiming Yoruba now means I'm a tribalist? do you have evidence of where I come from?

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Sammy07: 9:39am On Apr 01, 2021
Fahdiga:
So me claiming Yoruba now means I'm a tribalist? do you have evidence of where I come from?

You're from the yeast.
Simple.
Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Sammy07: 9:40am On Apr 01, 2021
Lekan1o1:

And did I mention ur name in my story were u the person who open the topic ,? why don't u mind ur business ?

You're free to deactivate your account.

Yoruba wannabe
Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 01, 2021
[s]
Fahdiga:
Any proof of what you are wrongly accusing me of or are you tagging me wrongly because I'm not from your tribe. heaven will bear me witness that I'm not a tribalist and will never be one. I hate bigots
[/s]

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Fahdiga(m): 9:46am On Apr 01, 2021
Sammy07:

You're from the yeast.
Simple.
Any evidence? what if I'm an American man chatting with Aboki like you how would you know
Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Sammy07: 9:47am On Apr 01, 2021
[s]
Fahdiga:
Any evidence? what if I'm American man chatting with aboki like you how would you know
[/s]

Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by theTranslator: 9:48am On Apr 01, 2021
Lekan1o1:

I agree about 95% of my post are based on tribal sentiment
My posts are replies to guys like that fagida
The guy is absolutely lost
And my posts aren't many
Go through his posts and repeat this

You think they'll be lying and I'll let them be??
You must be kidding
Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Lekan1o1: 9:50am On Apr 01, 2021
Sammy07:

You're free to deactivate your account.

Yoruba wannabe

"Yoruba wanabe" really Lol ?
Because I chose to be on the side of truth.?
Ogbeni tribalism will not help u wake up and snap it head out of it and u will be a freeman.
I won't let people like you batter the image of oodua nation as being tribalists.
I'm a Yoruba man and I won't follow u in ur tribalistic nonsense believe it or not.

Gooday!!!
Re: Tribalism Has Only Negative Ramifications by Asgard13: 9:55am On Apr 01, 2021
Call a spade

Yoruba people call other Nigerians strangers in Yoruba land

Yoruba lord introduced tribalism to Nigeria

Yoruba people always want to segregate and almost psychological force you to learn Yoruba
If you visit their land

You will hear them saying”” speak what we can hear.. ah .. you’re in yorubaland “
They feel insecure wen you speak your language in their mist.. unlike every other tribe in Nigeria
But they won’t mind speaking Yoruba in other people’s land .. once one or two of them are together..

Tribalism is part of their culture

Osinbajo is the Nigeria Vice President.. but his aids are 99% Yoruba
What do you call that

Remi Tinubu during last election was caught on video abusing igbos that came for politics free pie at her house

Tribalism in Nigeria is a Yoruba thing

Religion is Northern and igbos matters

Other minorities chose based on what’s propgated by Lagos Ibadan express propaganda machine

.., and Nigerians are awoke and out to counter such propagandas

Yoruba media can’t be telling stories and dishing propaganda about what they’re clueless about

This is Nigeria and as sanusi lamido clearly stated
Yoruba are the problem of Nigeria.

Same Atiku they ran down with their propaganda was seen congratulating the brown tooth thief .. same people turn around to abuse igbos .. Because Atiku wished Tinubu happy birthday

This is Nigeria and op you’ve lived here enough to observe things yourself

As long as Nigeria exist ... tribalism is here to stay

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Over 22 FG-Backed Boko-haram Fighters Were Killed By Chadian Troops / Twitter removes #EndSARS Emoji / Buhari Government Warned Us Against Going After Killer Bandits, Policeman Says.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.