Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. (1698 Views)

Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? / OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by Oluwamarc(m): 3:34pm On Apr 01, 2021
The Federal University of Technology Akure has secured approval to begin Medicine and Surgery.

This information was made official in a letter signed by Dr. N.B Saliu, the Director of Academic Planning, National University Commission to the Vice Chancellor of the University.

https://ondoupdate.com/futa-secures-approval-to-begin-medicine-and-surgery/

1 Like

Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by Oluwamarc(m): 3:35pm On Apr 01, 2021
A
Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by Amotolongbo(f): 3:40pm On Apr 01, 2021
This will attract more female students to FUTA
Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by Legendforte: 3:59pm On Apr 01, 2021
We are moving forward. That means the name should also change. It's no longer a specialized institution.
Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:36am On Apr 02, 2021
This is bad very bad. Why must a school of Technology be offering medicine? If it were so MIT would have been offering medicine. Greedy humans
Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by Akinboboz(m): 12:13am On Apr 03, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
This is bad very bad. Why must a school of Technology be offering medicine? If it were so MIT would have been offering medicine. Greedy humans
Hope you've used ur drugs today, do you know the Nigeria population?, you know how many students that are looking for admission?, and lastly, do you know that mbbs will raise futa profile? and what's special about technology that you're even talking about, before you answer me, kindly make sure you've taken your drugs.
Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by IQvectors: 8:45am On Apr 03, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

i'd like to know what you would say about FUTO
Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by christejames(m): 8:55am On Apr 03, 2021
IQvectors:

FUTO doesn't offer medicine but other allied medical courses like ophthalmology, prosthetics which are somewhat kind of technology induced.

I am happy for FUTA but with this news, I don't think it should be seen as a specialized institution any longer.

1 Like

Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by IQvectors: 9:41am On Apr 03, 2021
christejames:

FUTO doesn't offer medicine but other allied medical courses like ophthalmology, prosthetics which are somewhat kind of technology induced.

I am happy for FUTA but with this news, I don't think it should be seen as a specialized institution any longer.

But they are still Medical? I mean they involve human bodies
Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by christejames(m): 9:55am On Apr 03, 2021
IQvectors:

But they are still Medical? I mean they involve human bodies

They are entirely different...

So research and production of eye glasses with prosthetics foot and arms production for the disable is comparable to Medicine and Surgery?
Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by IQvectors: 11:36am On Apr 03, 2021
christejames:

They are entirely different...

So research and production of eye glasses with prosthetics foot and arms production for the disable is comparable to Medicine and Surgery?

Don't get me wrong i am not comparing anything to medicine and surgery. Maybe my post seems like it but my intent is far from it.

At the end it still the " human health"they are all related to

Note: when i say "medical" hope you are not limiting it to medicine and surgery cause even in the world of medicine technology is valuable.

1 Like

Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:52am On Apr 03, 2021
IQvectors:

We are creating wrong precedent from LAUTECH to ESUT,MAUTECH, FUTA soon FUTO and FUTMINNA. No school of Technology in the UK offers medicine. Argue with the internet
Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:57am On Apr 03, 2021
Akinboboz:

Hope you've used ur drugs today, do you know the Nigeria population?, you know how many students that are looking for admission?, and lastly, do you know that mbbs will raise futa profile? and what's special about technology that you're even talking about, before you answer me, kindly make sure you've taken your drugs.
Stop doing as if you care about FUTA's Success.
The school is a "University of Technology". No school in the UK and US affiliated with the word "Technology" offers medicine.
They offer biomedical science,Dental Technology, Radiology Technology. You're arguing like you care.
Nobody is thinking how do blend Undergrad Medical student into the Society, How do we create rural Health centres for Doctors to blend in.
It is creating programmes that is Nigerian schools problem. Money , Money, Money.
Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by IQvectors: 12:11pm On Apr 03, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

We are creating wrong precedent from LAUTECH to ESUT,MAUTECH, FUTA soon FUTO and FUTMINNA. No school of Technology in the UK offers medicine. Argue with the internet

Dammit you guys are quoting me wrong am not saying they offer medicine an talking about other medical allied course

It like i want to know if they offer other medical allied course which i now know thanks to "christejames". Stop limiting Medical to medicing and surgery

1 Like

Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:18pm On Apr 03, 2021
IQvectors:

Dammit you guys are quoting me wrong am not saying they offer medicine an talking about other medical allied course

It like i want to know if they offer other medical allied course. Stop limiting Medical to medicing and surgery
My Brother "Medical" is "Related to medicine" Any Profession not a branch of Medicine is called "Allied Health". It is better you say"Health"
Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by IQvectors: 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

My Brother "Medical" is "Related to medicine" Any Profession not a branch of Medicine is called "Allied Health". It is better you say"Health"

Ok then, thank you
Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:34pm On Apr 03, 2021
IQvectors:

Ok then, thank you
If I may just add, the reason they call it "medical" is just the general overview of what "health" is.
Like you said earlier, patients health is of utmost importance
Re: FUTA Secures Approval To Begin Medicine And Surgery. by IQvectors: 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

If I may just add, the reason they call it "medical" is just the general overview of what "health" is.

yeah. smiley
Zeeknow3245:

yeah.

(1) (Reply)

Unizik-nau: Any Info, On Obtaining "Proof Of English Language Proficiency Letter / IMSU College Of Medicine Graduates 55 Doctors After Ten Years (Photos) / FG, ASUU To Resume Negotiation Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.