Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo (28743 Views)

Beggars Protest Against Unfair Treatment By Lagos State Government (Video) / Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices / Eid-el Kabir: Police Beef Up Security, Ram Sellers Decry Low Patronage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2021
kingxsamz:
Wetin be this again? grin
It's now looking as if they're workers who are being owed salary. grin grin
IBB and Abdusalami should release some of the billions of dollars they looted.

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by RapistOnBail: 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

Imagine!

And look at those beggars very well from their dressing, it's very clear that those people are from North.

Even with their evil atrocities in Yoruba land, they shamelessly have the effrontery to protest because people are not giving them what they think is enough, but they seems to forget that Jubril their beloved brother had removed bread in people's mouth and put stone.

Stupid, useless, lazy, poverty stricken lots.
Bro, you need to calm down. Leave politics for Politicians.

Love your neighbors. These folks haven’t wronged you in anyway.

They feel the same sufferings you going through.
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by colestephan86: 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2021
oshozondii:

http://community.vanguardngr.com/m/discussion?id=4565467%3ATopic%3A3072491

Spokes man for the destitute, lol
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by olurili(m): 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2021
ablejesus26:
One of the major things we lack in this Country is Sympathy. I don't know if my assumption is worthy of further assessment but I think this lack of Sympathy is worse off in Lagos.

People are just in so much hurry to even give a second look at handicapped ones .

I saw something today dat really got me.

a young boy crawling on his stomach and begging,the manner at which people just speedily passed by was what really touched me the most.
you are talking about ikeja
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2021
They should go an strike.
This reminds me of the book "Beggers Strike"
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by jaxxy(m): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2021
Kriss216:
Are you still doubting Oyo Caliphate

They've conquered Illorin and Oyo, they're now advancing towars Ore. That's the price you pay for slavery and zombeism.

Are they not Nigerians?
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by focus7: 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2021
They should all be packed and deported back to their various states
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by pepericozi: 7:59pm On Apr 01, 2021
This is somehow funny.

Nigeriaaaaaa
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Dapson73(m): 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2021
BERNIMOORE:
See what Nairaland has turned to.

Arewa sighted
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Mrphylor09: 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2021
These set of pple are making hell of money in a day than some 9 -5 workers o
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by johnnychuks(m): 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2021
Nigeria is a scam as a country!
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Iseoluwani: 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2021
ablejesus26:
One of the major things we lack in this Country is Sympathy. I don't know if my assumption is worthy of further assessment but I think this lack of Sympathy is worse off in Lagos.

People are just in so much hurry to even give a second look at handicapped ones .

a young boy crawling on his stomach and begging,the manner at which people just speedily passed by was what really touched me the most.

Did u help in any way
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by ACE1010: 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2021
ablejesus26:

People are just in so much hurry to even give a second look at handicapped one

You should have handed over your salary to him na grin cheesy grin
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by ACE1010: 8:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
Nothing wey Musa and Adamu no go see for gate angry angry angry
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Enoch07: 8:31pm On Apr 01, 2021
maasoap:

The reason has been stated
itk, trust me the real reason is what I said earlier
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by mywells: 8:32pm On Apr 01, 2021
Begging is a disease which should not be enchorage in our society is next to corruption.
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Trustedpronet: 8:33pm On Apr 01, 2021
Anything can happen in that land called Ibadan when it comes to ritual killing.
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Blackdisciple(m): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2021
Kriss216:
Are you still doubting Oyo Caliphate

They've conquered Illorin and Oyo, they're now advancing towars Ore. That's the price you pay for slavery and zombeism.

They disguise as this too to gain entry .

Hmmmm! Bro I no go lie ehhh, if you know as sometimes I go just dey reason this matter ehhh, hmm! I dey d confuse walai ,

I don't even have a pistol not to talk of gun like AKs .
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by nedekid: 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2021
Me I don't give aboki beggers a dime again. Rather if I feel like talking, I tell them to go ask their bloda ie Sai baba. Afterall, election time reach, na so so Sai baba you go de hear. grin
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by ablejesus26(m): 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2021
ACE1010:

grin
ACE1010:

You and who is earning salary ��
may you never go backwards in Life ngwa say Amen☹️☹️☹️
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by ablejesus26(m): 9:12pm On Apr 01, 2021
Iseoluwani:

Did u help in any way

Yes in my own very little way

even though money can't solve such problems what those guys need most is a progressive mental healing. I am praying to God to help me achieve the goal of having a facility this Year to cater for such people, I can help them more, but you know how tins dey now wit how Apcheat just dey change everything for the Country.

1 Like

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by remigiusizunna(m): 9:15pm On Apr 01, 2021
ablejesus26:

Have you asked if the person have any alm to offer?
You complain they walk too fast past the Beggers, who wouldn't walk quickly to his biz with the economic nature of the country.
BTW most of those Beggers are richer than many people here.
Go and ask about Okwute (a dwarf) that begs for money in front of Enugu ShopRite,he lives in Abakpa Nike , He has a house,many buses etc

1 Like

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by mechanics(m): 9:24pm On Apr 01, 2021
They should go and work.
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Oturatetuala(m): 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2021
Na wa o say wetin dey happen for this country. If begger they complain then what should i do. Abeg who fit give me 100k for hia. cheesy
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by smallsmall: 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2021
Amb1045:
Go and beg in your state. Go to your state house to meet with your governor for your federal allocation. stop been nuisance in another mans state in the name of one Nigeria

I stopped giving them money when l observed that Money l just gave them now now (Change, which l thought l dont need) and went back to the same Beggar to please let me have the change but instead l will give her a Single Paper Note, she insisted on charging me COMMISSION for it.
I reminded him that l was the one that just gave her the Five #20 Notes now now but needed a a single #20 Note.
She refused l must give him #120 to collect the #100 back.
From that day, l dont give these Northern Beggars any alms.
When l even heard about the Alms-for-Ritual-Exchange Market (AFR Forex Market), l just dey roll for ground because l know it is not beyond our people.
If they can use Pant for Ritual, they can use anything.
I would rather dash money to people who are not Professional Beggars.

1 Like

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by smallsmall: 9:37pm On Apr 01, 2021
ablejesus26:

You ar e completely Wrong!
The SOLE reason these Northern Beggars troupe to Lagos and the South West in general, is because people over there (the SW) are very compassionate. Small lie-lie like this, they would start contributing money for you. grin grin
Over here in the North, the indigenes dont give alms to Beggars, so the Beggars just head for the SW where Muumu people full ground.

And l can tell you for a fact that for "Abroad", they dont even allow Beggars to line the street, they arrest them anywhere they find them, not to talk of giving them alms on the street.

What we need to do is to create "Social Structures" that would cater for the less fortunate in the society but the Rogues that wangle their way into Power, dont give a damn about such poor people.
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Asiri1991: 9:45pm On Apr 01, 2021
And this place is the Ibadan many people are talking about as a brown roof republic. It is worse than a village in Akwa Ibom.
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by sameks08(m): 9:48pm On Apr 01, 2021
see how superstitious belief don hammer these once may God save us
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by luluman: 10:04pm On Apr 01, 2021
Amb1045:
Go and beg in your state. Go to your state house to meet with your governor for your federal allocation. stop been nuisance in another mans state in the name of one Nigeria
correct.

1 Like

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by SporaD8: 10:16pm On Apr 01, 2021
xynerise:
It is now their fundamental human right to be given alms.
Muric is coming for your head - "it is Muslim fundamental human right to beg for alms anywhere in Nigeria."
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by DrObum(m): 10:23pm On Apr 01, 2021
Wait, beggars have an association and a spokesperson?

Like a chief Beggar?
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Lonelypacifist6: 10:23pm On Apr 01, 2021
Their sense of entitlement is what gets me every time, Very annoying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Caroline Onoh Is Dead (Mother Of Bianca Ojukwu) / 2019: Buhari Faults Oyedepo’s Claim On Defection Of APC Members To PDP / Naira Withdrawal Limit: APC Government's Scamming Nigerians – Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.