Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,430 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo (28741 Views)

Beggars Protest Against Unfair Treatment By Lagos State Government (Video) / Beggars In Lagos Protest Against Harrassment, Block Goverment Offices / Eid-el Kabir: Police Beef Up Security, Ram Sellers Decry Low Patronage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Chibuzoc(m): 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2021
ablejesus26:
One of the major things we lack in this Country is Sympathy. I don't know if my assumption is worthy of further assessment but I think this lack of Sympathy is worse off in Lagos.

People are just in so much hurry to even give a second look at handicapped ones .

I saw something today dat really got me.

a young boy crawling on his stomach and begging,the manner at which people just speedily passed by was what really touched me the most.

I hope the young boy is in your house presently

4 Likes

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Soolmus: 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2021

How will dey make money, when all Northerns Almajiri now packed them self at Ibadan to beg, you can't even walk freely without getting harrased all in the name of begging

Spineless useless Audio Seyi Makinde won't do anything

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Carlyboi(m): 6:42pm On Apr 01, 2021
Most of the replies on this thread have just been downright funny Haha!but on a serious note let’s be kind to everyone around us especially the less privileged and most important the physically challenged and seriously handicapped!
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by ablejesus26(m): 6:42pm On Apr 01, 2021
DEADALIVE:

Oga you think say na free the guy lay down there...the agent wey put am there they pay tax...Any beggar you see at the bus stop is paying levy to someone....
So na hustle them de do...you can't keep giving somebody money everyday and e still remain in one position...do some background check their agents are Millonaire.

Hmm possibly true though, but here's d funny thing about sympathy and charity it's doesn't think about all dis you outlined , it just goes all out to give an helping hand☹️☹️☹️
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Freemasonry: 6:43pm On Apr 01, 2021
Imagine!!!
Wait! Does anyone owe these beggars, I thought giving to beggars was purely out of charity? I didn’t know they were entitled until today, and to think that these protesters are of northern extraction is both annoying and disgusting.
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 01, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Nigeria is something else i swear
grin
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by xynerise: 6:43pm On Apr 01, 2021
It is now their fundamental human right to be given alms.

1 Like

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 6:45pm On Apr 01, 2021
Soolmus:

How will dey make money, when all Northerns Almajiri now packed them self at Ibadan to beg, you can't even walk freely without getting harrased all in the name of begging

Spineless useless Audio Seyi Makinde won't do anything

They should be chased back to their Arrewastan state. Lord Lugard will never rest in peace for merging these wretched beings in the North with Southern Nigeria---- Arrewa
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by doxijaw: 6:46pm On Apr 01, 2021
Such a mess!
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 01, 2021
Kriss216:
Are you still doubting Oyo Caliphate

They've conquered Illorin and Oyo, they're now advancing towars Ore. That's the price you pay for slavery and zombeism.

For your mind you have made sense. When a primary two pupil reading your post would say this Bros is a Big fool.

Kwantinu displaying foolishness all over Nairaland in the name of making sense.

Smh

1 Like

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by maasoap(m): 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2021
Enoch07:
lol they're not aware of the hardship in the land

The reason has been stated
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by ablejesus26(m): 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2021
hakeem4:

Let Jesus heal him na

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by dododawa1: 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2021
That ikorodu woman don spoil business for them
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by ablejesus26(m): 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2021
hakeem4:

Let Jesus heal him na

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Ladycewhy(f): 6:48pm On Apr 01, 2021
Do people still give beggars money? such entitled miscreants that are lazy and ingrates. I would rather buy water and leave the change than give the money to a beggar.

1 Like

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by maasoap(m): 6:48pm On Apr 01, 2021
Mikehot:
The only expatriates Northern Muslims export across Nigeria

Imam Abubakar Abdullah

spokesperson for the destitute

Well, they don't export drug pushers, online scammers as well as human traffickers
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by ablejesus26(m): 6:49pm On Apr 01, 2021
MansoryMX:

See! The people you call friends, paddy and relatives benefiting from you right now! Dey one kind tight corner first! You go know say you nor get anybody for this life aside your parent, how much more a beggar on the street! Nigerians in General be it North, South, East or West are naturally wicked set of people! cheesy

Hmm � � word
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2021
Freemasonry:
Imagine!!!
Wait! Does anyone owe these beggars, I thought giving to beggars was purely out of charity? I didn’t know they were entitled until today, and to think that these protesters are of northern extraction is both annoying and disgusting.
Most Nigerians always fail to understand that no human owes another human any fucck in this world. They need to ditch their entitlement mentality.
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by ablejesus26(m): 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2021
matrixme:

hypocrites everywhere! yet you see them with spiritual titles and they occupy the front seat in Churches and Mosques...
Jesus and The Prophet Muhammad advocated that we treat the lowest ones amongst us with dignity. The former even said that He would disguise as a begger to get attention
No wonder the sad state of our country today originated from how we treat the prisoners, beggers and less privileged.

Sometimes we even think it's okay to fill the pocket of religious clerics instead of helping the needy.
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 01, 2021
The most annoying about these beggars is that each of them has like 5,6 kids while those people they beg from have one or two.

They keep bringing them from the North amidst Cattles in hundreds every blessed day to come and beg in the South.
Months ago, the government of Kano sent them off the streets and made begging illegal. If the Southern Governors try it, their people will cry foul. They would say it's victimization.
Why this nation still remains one is a mystery.

4 Likes

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by NigeriaIsDoomed: 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Do people still give beggars money? such entitled miscreants that are lazy and ingrates. I would rather buy water and leave the change than give the money to a beggar.
Some of them are diabolical as well. I stand with you.
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Soolmus: 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2021
NigeriaIsDoomed:
They should be chased back to their Arrewastan state. Lord Lugard will never rest in peace for merging these wretched beings in the North with Southern Nigeria---- Arrewa

Seyi Makinde won't chase them, we even have an abokiii appointed to his cabinet

Very annoying people, able bodied human begging

1 Like

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by amrichy(m): 6:58pm On Apr 01, 2021
ablejesus26:
One of the major things we lack in this Country is Sympathy. I don't know if my assumption is worthy of further assessment but I think this lack of Sympathy is worse off in Lagos.

People are just in so much hurry to even give a second look at handicapped ones .

a young boy crawling on his stomach and begging,the manner at which people just speedily passed by was what really touched me the most.
you are very right! Most nigerians lack empathy and sympathy. And i think that's a consequence of our self-centeredness: we only care about our own needs and don't give a damn about the problems others might be facing that we could help them to solve. That's why i tend to think that we really deserve d kind of heartless and corrupt leaders that govern us.
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by ablejesus26(m): 7:01pm On Apr 01, 2021
Chibuzoc:

I hope the young boy is in your house presently

By the Grace of God I gave him enough money to feed for a whole month .

I have plans towards the bolded when that time comes if I call for support will you be willing to assist me

1 Like

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Dharniel600(m): 7:02pm On Apr 01, 2021
Lol. Hausa people no get shame

2 Likes

Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Heyitsme: 7:03pm On Apr 01, 2021
This country na cruise, everyone has a right to protest though
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Duplexxx: 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2021
The beggers no even resemble Nigerians sef
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by Owologbo(m): 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2021
ablejesus26:

I heard this people have yearly budget from the federal government.
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by amrichy(m): 7:24pm On Apr 01, 2021
Carlyboi:
Most of the replies on this thread have just been downright funny Haha!but on a serious note let’s be kind to everyone around us especially the less privileged and most important the physically challenged and seriously handicapped!
yea, that's how to make the world a better place for everyone, to reduce crime and criminality.
the reality of life is that some ppu Will be more privileged and fortunate than others. It is now left to them to help those who are less fortunate. Unfortunately most ppu love to amass wealth (that they dont really need) than help others.
just imagine that i desperately need 20,000 naira right now, and someone somewhere has 20,000,000 naira that he doesnt really need. How nice it would be for that person to help my situation (he wont become poorer because of that)
Re: Beggars Protest Low Patronage In Oyo by oladeebo: 7:26pm On Apr 01, 2021
oshozondii:
http://community.vanguardngr.com/m/discussion?id=4565467%3ATopic%3A3072491
how can I given you money and you buy cutlass to kill my people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Male And Female Senators Who Have Represented Abuja Since 1999 / Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me / Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.