Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,606 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted (24717 Views)

I Was Misquoted For Eight Years – Femi Adesina / Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" / Alleged Terrorism: Our Hands Tied On Pantami, Says Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 01, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
Abeg, get your NIN If u want to get a sim card, bank account and travel to other countries

Hey, check my online store for juicy stuff. Link is on my signature
Do you know the amount of money I have wasted while trying to get the NIN?
I am yet to receive a confirmation message from the NIMC despite being told that the submission was successful.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by peterjulius00(m): 9:43pm On Apr 01, 2021
Where is this government taking us to? Every minister can just come and say his own words and come back again to say it is a mistake....
God will judge them all for their evil plans against this country.
Nigeria �� is a bless nation with Mike and honey � and the grace of God is with us all in this country. God bless Nigeria ��
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by maxzzo1(m): 9:48pm On Apr 01, 2021
APC and there members lies are like 5 & 6
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by Thomthom(m): 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2021
Mikehot:
These people have turned this corn tree to banana republic

look at what Danladi did in broad day light

This one own is to be mis-communicating as minister of communication
''This one own is to be mis-communicating as minister of communication" nice lyrics

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by witworth(m): 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2021
Though it's a pitiable dismal abysmal that the so called government now trying to force citizens to have NIN, what they failed to create since the beginning as data base.
But fake news self en, and they said it earlier as if the man actually said it's 14 years in prison, there's nothing like video evidence
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by kokomilala(m): 9:57pm On Apr 01, 2021
@lexy2014, well,these bickerings ,if they are, have been occasioned by long years of misrule and historical disconnect between the elite and the masses.But things have got to a boiling point now. Hence,the fractuous calls for self- determination.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by seangy4konji: 10:02pm On Apr 01, 2021
mumu country...mumu leaders..always talking in the rubbish.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by LordOfTheGame: 10:10pm On Apr 01, 2021
Useless set of quota system almajiris that buhari loaded his wicked and devilish regime with, always making stupid and ignorant mistakes and to turn around and blame it on "out of context".
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by BENEAMATA: 10:12pm On Apr 01, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Four set of people that'll never make heaven unless there's rigging are
(1): Bloggers
(2): Nigerian politicians
(3):My fellow chelsea fans
(4):And finally Buhari's puppets..
wetin come be number three own now ?
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by HRHQueenPhil(f): 10:13pm On Apr 01, 2021
lexy2014:

U missed d question I asked. Is there sim card for sale?

Y is NIN not being used for voting?
simcard is not sold for.now.. for.voting issues, am not a govt official so I don't know
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by lexy2014: 10:15pm On Apr 01, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
simcard is not sold for.now.. for.voting issues, am not a govt official so I don't know

But this is u:

"Abeg, get your NIN If u want to get a sim card, bank account and travel to other countries"
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by HRHQueenPhil(f): 10:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
lexy2014:

But this is u:

"Abeg, get your NIN If u want to get a sim card, bank account and travel to other countries"
lol, going forward grin grin
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by uchejustine: 10:33pm On Apr 01, 2021
Even Minister of communication is miscommunicating... Na wao for dis corntree
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by doxijaw: 10:49pm On Apr 01, 2021
He's being lenient.

Nigerians need iron fists!

Pray. . i never become president lol...

I will finger print every motha fuckr in that country.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by akata1: 11:09pm On Apr 01, 2021
APC government and misquoted
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by pooozeee(m): 11:11pm On Apr 01, 2021
NIN REGISTRATION

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by noblejazz(m): 11:12pm On Apr 01, 2021
Mad cows everywhere.

jlinkd78:
Copy and paste journalism, once the first tabloid makes mistakes all others just Xerox and upload. MNK calls it gutter media
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by tnerro1(m): 11:16pm On Apr 01, 2021
Aboki everywhere.........spits
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by lexxynet2(m): 11:31pm On Apr 01, 2021
fergie0o1 I wonder how this men the so called politicians will dig the Nigerian Constitution to man the gullible. While they forget to quote the same law for them selves. All those that are milking our nation dry, like Our dear Pantami will never go to the correctional center. This Nigeria.

post=100400408:

Isa Pantami, Minister for Communication and Digital Economy, has denied saying that Nigerians without National Identification Number (NIN) risk up to 14 years in jail.

He was quoted earlier in a report warning that failure to obtain the NIN could lead to as much as 14 years imprisonment.

....registration for NIN is not optional, but a mandate by law, warning that failure to enroll precludes defaulting citizens and residents from operating certain functions like using banks and communication services.

He also warned that failure to obtain the NIN could lead to between seven or 14 years imprisonment as stipulated by the Nigerian Constitution, no one should enjoy government services without the number.

He has now offered clarifications.

Dr. Isa Pantami, Nigeria's Comms & Digital Economy Minister

The Federal Government extended NIN-SIM linkage's deadline to the 6th of April, 2021, with an ultimatum to telcos to block all SIM cards not involved in the linkage process.

However, Justice Maureen Onyetenu of the Federal High Court, Lagos on March 24, ordered the extension by two months in a suit brought by a legal practitioner, Monday Ubani.

“An order halting the said ultimatum given by the 1st, 3rd and 4th Respondents to telecommunication operators to block all SIM Cards that are not registered with NIN." .. Justice Onyetenu ruled.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13339456_drisaalipantami_jpegbfe4278760323328ff59aa298ddb4050

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAzyJ5hAA48
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by DARLYNBOI: 11:59pm On Apr 01, 2021
Four set of people that'll never make heaven unless there's rigging are
(1): Bloggers
(2): Nigerian politicians
(3):My fellow chelsea fans
(4):And finally Buhari's puppets..

Bros, you don forget to add one person o
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by DARLYNBOI: 12:00am On Apr 02, 2021
You forget to add B*****I
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by Sleekfingers: 12:12am On Apr 02, 2021
fergie0o1:
Isa Pantami, Minister for Communication and Digital Economy, has denied saying that Nigerians without National Identification Number (NIN) risk up to 14 years in jail.

He was quoted earlier in a report warning that failure to obtain the NIN could lead to as much as 14 years imprisonment.

....registration for NIN is not optional, but a mandate by law, warning that failure to enroll precludes defaulting citizens and residents from operating certain functions like using banks and communication services.

He also warned that failure to obtain the NIN could lead to between seven or 14 years imprisonment as stipulated by the Nigerian Constitution, no one should enjoy government services without the number.

He has now offered clarifications.

Dr. Isa Pantami, Nigeria's Comms & Digital Economy Minister

The Federal Government extended NIN-SIM linkage's deadline to the 6th of April, 2021, with an ultimatum to telcos to block all SIM cards not involved in the linkage process.

However, Justice Maureen Onyetenu of the Federal High Court, Lagos on March 24, ordered the extension by two months in a suit brought by a legal practitioner, Monday Ubani.

“An order halting the said ultimatum given by the 1st, 3rd and 4th Respondents to telecommunication operators to block all SIM Cards that are not registered with NIN." .. Justice Onyetenu ruled.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13339456_drisaalipantami_jpegbfe4278760323328ff59aa298ddb4050

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAzyJ5hAA48

make una continue oooo......
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by Kraytur: 1:33am On Apr 02, 2021
Las las BVN= NIN = SSN = 666

If you know you know
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by mdaliyu2018(m): 2:54am On Apr 02, 2021
I believe diz man called PANTMAN abi pantami doesn't deserve 2 b a minister, he is on cow urine and fura de nono diet,
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by cardoctor(m): 3:43am On Apr 02, 2021
Someone has had one bottle too many again?
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by Duplexxx: 4:14am On Apr 02, 2021
Some people no dey understand sef NIN
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by modsfucker: 5:54am On Apr 02, 2021
colorsofrainbow:
sometimes the press release of all these aboki quota-system products that our nairaland dead bushmeat seller's(mannabbqgrill) darling daddy appointed won't get you upset anymore...You just need to laugh at how they ridicule themselves and the undeserved public positions they hold...The damage control even gets worse grin grin grin

Did you watch the video at all? Go and watch it before you embarrass yourself further.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by modsfucker: 5:55am On Apr 02, 2021
Beremx:

Maybe this was what he said.

Go and watch the video up there, and stop blabbing, thinking you're wise.
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by modsfucker: 5:56am On Apr 02, 2021
kechywillz:
Mumu man,why he had to deny it was because of the backlash from nigerians on his twitter account

I'm sure you've not watched the video
Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by modsfucker: 5:58am On Apr 02, 2021
sanpipita:
There should be a video of what he said, him or the media should publish it

Reminds me of how Magu denied saying corruption is responsible for covid till video of him saying it appeared

The video is up there, you can watch it, and it's the fault of the overzealous journalists as usual, trying to create a catchy headline

1 Like

Re: 14 Years Imprisonment For Not Having NIN - Pantami Says He Was Misquoted by lexy2014: 6:37am On Apr 02, 2021
kokomilala:
@lexy2014, well,these bickerings ,if they are, have been occasioned by long years of misrule and historical disconnect between the elite and the masses.But things have got to a boiling point now. Hence,the fractuous calls for self- determination.

I don't think so. These are just excuses to justify our docility...blame it on something or someone. D "long years of misrule and historical disconnect between the elite and the masses" is enough reason to be up& doing to challenge d status quo. Nigerians are resilient & will typically not fight back.

D leaders have their faults big time but we are gifted such leaders because we tolerate them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ozekhome Leads Legal Team As Nnamdi Kanu Arrives In Court / Obahiagbon On Ameachi And Jonathan Political Tussle / Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.