Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness (23250 Views)

Is Backing Off/Backing Down A Sign Of Weakness Or Strength? / Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? / What Weakness Do You Plan Overcoming In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Chibyke009(m): 5:14am On Apr 09, 2021
Calculated quietness is strength. Being quiet and taking action when necessary is strength. Being loud and confused is weakness. Being over quiet is not good. Talk when necessary

2 Likes

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by elguaje(m): 6:32am On Apr 09, 2021
Acidosis:
Being QUIET s not necessarily a sign of weakness. Not knowing how to say NO is a sign of weakness.

A quiet man who tells you NO with a straight face without unecessary shalaye is feared the most.

What you should realize is that being too loud most often turn you to a JOKE, especially when your loudness doesn't match with your action.

Whenever a QUIET man talks, everybody listens. A loud person only gets the attention of strangers. Those who know the loud man for his loudness rarely take him seriously.
When a quiet man talks, everybody listens[b]
Acidosis:
Being QUIET s not necessarily a sign of weakness. Not knowing how to say NO is a sign of weakness.

A quiet man who tells you NO with a straight face without unecessary shalaye is feared the most.

What you should realize is that being too loud most often turn you to a JOKE, especially when your loudness doesn't match with your action.

Whenever a QUIET man talks, everybody listens. A loud person only gets the attention of strangers. Those who know the loud man for his loudness rarely take him seriously.
When a quiet man talks, everybody listens[/b]
Acidosis:

When a quiet man talks, everybody listens
this is it
i salute

1 Like

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by huslercross(m): 8:33am On Apr 09, 2021
Am a very quiet person,but I don't tolorate bullshit o..

Quiet people use actions to say what they mean, and their actions are often the loudest cos it comes full of surprises. [/quote]
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by masks(m): 8:44am On Apr 09, 2021
I am also a very quiet person..but with a twist....I can forgive and walk away. but if you drag me back...I can unleash a rage never seen and expected
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Delababe: 11:21am On Apr 09, 2021
I am a quiet person . i worked with a colleague who is the opposite of me. I did most of the work but she took all the credit and praise because she was the one people noticed more cos anywhere she entered she would make noise and be noticed but for me i'll just quietly do what i went there for without most people knowing i was there. So they interpreted it as she being the only one going up and down , so what i did was to tell her we were going to do a duty roaster to share the work evenly so she wont be doing most of the work as ppl claimed, my sister refused vehemently . I knew she would not accept that cos between the both of us she knew i was more hardworking and stronger. One small thing she does she gets tired . many times i call her to do some things she would shout at me"dont you get tired" . So i think ppl believe the quiet ones are weaker from my experience.

1 Like

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Olaideolayemi(m): 11:46am On Apr 09, 2021
pryme:

Quiet people use actions to say what they mean, and their actions are often the loudest cos it comes full of surprises.
Very correct..
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by IamGreen1(f): 11:47am On Apr 09, 2021
Twelfthman:
Forever,
They dont matter.
Look up laws of power on youtube.

Wow, I love the first part.

Thanks I'll look up for that now.

2 Likes

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2021
The truth is that: SILENCE IS NOT WEAKNESS

I am someone that usually doen't speak much.
I prefer Action to words.
Most of my best ideas come when i am quiet.

There is Nothing wrong with Talking as Long
as you can control the words that come out
of your mouth.

Because once the words are out you can't
take them back.

1 Like

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Wierdceo: 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2021
Twelfthman:
Being quiet, calm and calculative make you dangerous! Its a sign of strength. People tend to hate what they don't understand so its normal. Just ignore them
So Buhari is weak.
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by DedeNkem: 4:28am On Apr 12, 2021
Depending on the level of quietness, it can be strength or weakness. The same applies to being loud.

-
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Emeka71(m): 10:22pm On May 11, 2021
Amarahly:

Kee kwanu
Òdí kwâ nmä.
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Miraj22(f): 8:07am On May 29, 2021
Delababe:
I am a quiet person . i worked with a colleague who is the opposite of me. I did most of the work but she took all the credit and praise because she was the one people noticed more cos anywhere she entered she would make noise and be noticed but for me i'll just quietly do what i went there for without most people knowing i was there. So they interpreted it as she being the only one going up and down , so what i did was to tell her we were going to do a duty roaster to share the work evenly so she wont be doing most of the work as ppl claimed, my sister refused vehemently . I knew she would not accept that cos between the both of us she knew i was more hardworking and stronger. One small thing she does she gets tired . many times i call her to do some things she would shout at me"dont you get tired" . So i think ppl believe the quiet ones are weaker from my experience.
Why would you let someone take credit for all the work you did, I'm a very quiet person but I do not think I will
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Indigbo: 1:22am On Dec 30, 2023
OgbanjeProphet:
Quiet people are the strongest people on earth. It takes strengths and discipline to be quiet.

They can be dangerous too.

Respect them!

Ok
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Indigbo: 1:24am On Dec 30, 2023
HustlePro:
I am a quiet person and I can tell you for fact that between quiet and loud person who should you be afraid of and I will tell you the quiet one.

I for instance can very very vindictive but quiet. I can use 4 years to carry out my plan on someone when I mean them. I will never be the one to hurt you first when you have never done anything wrong to me but if you punch me when I hadn't done anything to you, be ready for retaliation... guaranteed!

A guy I met here is taking my quietness for granted and because he is far away in Lekki-Ajah and has moved out of the house I know, he thinks I can't get him. He knows me as a very gentle and always smiling person. So, he feels I can't do anything.

Until the day I will meet him and bite his flesh off in full glare of public that is when he know I am behind that smile, there is cold soul. He thinks he is heartless? he will learn!

O japiano
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Indigbo: 1:27am On Dec 30, 2023
sparko1:

Quiet people don't have talk because, a good percentage of the people out there lack comprehension, talking to them or expressing how you feel makes no difference.

I am a introverted quiet person, if you see me take a stand with my siblings or mum, you will be shocked, but when I see some stranger behavior rude I just don't care enough to have a conversation. It's not worth it, I just ignore, and no its doesn't build up because I don't care about the person, I won't even remember him in the next 5 minutes.

Anger, love, feelings are connected, if you don't mind, it won't matter.

Koi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People / Happy New Month Of August! Drop Your Wishes Here / Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.