Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Biafra Or Presidency? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Or Presidency? (694 Views)

We Are Now Back To "Biafra Or Death" Stage / Tinubu And Shettima: Yorubas Have To Decide If They Want Ticket Or Presidency. / What Igbo People Want: PDP Or Presidency ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Or Presidency? by InvestingExpert(m): 11:45am On Apr 02, 2021
There is this saying that when one chases two rabbits, he catches neither. Focus is vital in achieving one's goal.

Inconsistency in any endeavor can lead to poor achievement or total failure.

The Igbo people are people with outstanding influence. They are the most admired tribe in Africa. In business, they are leading.

In education, they are in the front. In technology, they are not backward.

But what is the cause of their failure in politics and the delay in the struggle for independence?

Is it indecisiveness or their destiny? What would be their fate come 2023?

Some say the Igbos should leave Biafra and pursue their place in Nigerian politics.

Others suggest the motion for Biafra should continue to create their sovereign State.

I wonder which one would be better for them, politics or Biafra. In my view, I think anything they want to achieve boils down to their oneness and decisiveness.

Let them keep their heads up and continue striving.

With faith and determination, they will hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope.

Source:http:///sd917095210310en_ng?client=newslite
Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by bosco2017: 11:47am On Apr 02, 2021
Biafra we want

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 02, 2021
We the people wants Biafra Nation, but our greedy politicians wants the politics.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by Rugaria: 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2021
InvestingExpert:
There is this saying that when one chases two rabbits, he catches neither. Focus is vital in achieving one's goal.

Inconsistency in any endeavor can lead to poor achievement or total failure.

The Igbo people are people with outstanding influence. They are the most admired tribe in Africa. In business, they are leading.

In education, they are in the front. In technology, they are not backward.

But what is the cause of their failure in politics and the delay in the struggle for independence?

Is it indecisiveness or their destiny? What would be their fate come 2023?

Some say the Igbos should leave Biafra and pursue their place in Nigerian politics.

Others suggest the motion for Biafra should continue to create their sovereign State.

I wonder which one would be better for them, politics or Biafra. In my view, I think anything they want to achieve boils down to their oneness and decisiveness.

Let them keep their heads up and continue striving.

With faith and determination, they will hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope.

Source:http:///sd917095210310en_ng?client=newslite

Igbos are NEVER inherently poor in politics!
You guys should stop parroting your owambe analysis all over the place..
Igbos were leading politically, academically, economically before the war. These created all sorts of panic attacks amongst other members of the Nigerian federation who were struggling to compete on any sort of level playing ground as is still the case today. A failed coup headed by few igbo officers became a very convinient rallying point for all sorts of rampaging igbo haters! It was whimsically termed an "igbo coup", and subsequently a mindless genocide against the whole Igbos across the country was unleashed. The aim was to corner the igbo politically and eject them from any serious commanding position in the land. Britain was spearheading the attacks with arms and intelligence support, since most of the vociferous anti colonial characters were Igbos! It was pay back time and they made sure the end results were achieved!

Post war, the officers that fought in the field on the federal side took time to meticulously marginalise the igbo out of any serious political positions in the country. They control the army, the police, the airforce and other coercive instruments of the state! They created states, local governments, political parties and in all of these, they made sure the Igbos were shortchanged... With less local and state governments, Igbolands ability to be effectively represented was thoroughly undermined since they had fewer senators, fewer HoR members, fewer governors, fewer LGA chairmen and ofcourse fewer polling boots. This was so because those polling districts were/are created by the National Electoral Commission created and funded by federal forces(read: gerrymandering), who use spurious data generated from fake census figures!

So it's wrong to say that igboland sucks at politics when you are shooting at credible igbo political figures while using the supreme court to impose riffraffs as governors all over Igboland. The federal government is the one effectively undermining igbo political growth based on a well planned policy of Marginalisation, intimidation and subjugation!

Thank you!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by gidgiddy: 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
Those who have had the Presidency in the past have nothing to show for it today

The North that have collectively had Presidency for 40 years out of Nigeria's 60 years is today the centre of poverty, terrorism and banditry in Nigeria

The Yorubas who have had 3 years of Obasanjo as military ruler, and 8 years of the him as civilian leader, are still agitating for Tinubu to go for 2023. Shows the Presidency didnt do much for them under Obasanjo

Nobody in Katsina can tell you what they have gotten so far out of Buharis 6 year rule except 300 Schood kids being kidnapped

Presidency of Nigeria is highly overrated

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by Penguin2: 12:29pm On Apr 02, 2021
Do not put your eggs in one basket.

Let Nnamdi Kanu continue with his push for Biafra while our politicians push for the presidency.

Who says jack of all trade can't be master of all?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by Nigeriabiafra82: 12:34pm On Apr 02, 2021
Biafra
Get the president
Let’s get biafra
But we are not leaving biafra for anything
Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by Rugaria: 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
gidgiddy:
Those who have had the Presidency in the past have nothing to show for it today

The North that have collectively had Presidency for 40 years out of Nigeria's 60 years is today the centre of poverty, terrorism and banditry in Nigeria

The Yorubas who have had 3 years of Obasanjo as military ruler, and 8 years of the him as civilian leader, are still agitating for Tinubu to go for 2023. Shows the Presidency didnt do much for them under Obasanjo

Nobody in Katsina can tell you what they have gotten so far out of Buharis 6 year rule except 300 Schood kids being kidnapped

Presidency of Nigeria is highly overrated

It's not "overrated" bros..
Presidency is everything in Nigeria.
Don't know if you have lived in the far north before.
The roads, the water services, power is far more available and cheap, sometimes free! To put things into some sort of perspective, We contributed in my village to buy transformers and cables before we were connected to the national greed.. Unheard of in the North..
Hospitals in the north are not in anyway as bad as in the east.
PTF built hundreds of schools and actually supplied free materials to students who were all on free education! I was once a teacher there.
Food is extremely cheap in the north because of the hundreds of irrigations and dams built by the federal government. Infact, if you check the food prices in a place like Kano and compare it with what you have in Lagos or Onitsha, you will realize that this is "two countries, one president" system that we have here..
Many millionaires made from just government contracts, many billions distributed to their poor ones through endless allocations to endless local governments from resources found in the south!
Bros leave matter,
They're making a killing from their positions at the top in this country.. The elites deliberate refusal to invest in education is a major draw back but they're making progress in all other fronts..

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by gidgiddy: 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
Rugaria:

It's not "overrated" brod..
Presidency is everything in Nigeria.
Don't know if you have lived in the far north before.
The roads, the water services, power is far more available and cheap, sometimes free! To put things into some sort of perspective, We contributed in my village to buy transformers and cables before we were connected to the national greed.. Unheard of in the North..
Hospitals in the north are not in anyway as bad as in the east.
PTF built hundreds of schools and actually supplied free materials to students who were all on free education! I was once a teacher there.
Food is extremely cheap in the north because of the hundreds of irrigations and dams built by the federal government. Infact, if you check the food prices in a place like Kano and compare it with what you have in Lagos or Onitsha, you will realize that this is "two countries, one president" system that we have here..
Many millionaires made from just government contracts, many billions distributed to their poor ones through endless allocations to endless local governments from resources found in the south!
Bros leave matter,
They're making a killing from their positions at the top in this country.. The elites deliberate refusal to invest in education is a major draw back but they're making progress in all other fronts..

Ahhhhhh some people need Presidency because it is their life blood? Well I hope Igbos dont touch it because only lazy people need Presidency to survive

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by Rugaria: 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
gidgiddy:

Ahhhhhh some people need Presidency because it is their life blood? Well I hope Igbos dont touch it because only lazy people need Presidency to survive
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:17pm On Apr 03, 2021
Biafra any day! I wouldn’t have reasoned like this as recently as 6 to 7 years ago, but recent events have shown me there are certain groups Ndigbo can’t live with -even under a so called democrazy- and expect to have peace and prosper!

That ‘presidency’ is nothing but a diversionary poisoned chalice which would only be used to try and shut Ndigbo up and try to take the wind out of the sails of the agitation for secession! What serious change can a Igbo president effect when the odds are stacked against him numerically at the National Assembly! He’d be threading on eggshells so as not to be seen to be offending the over-sensitive core north....especially if he wants to smell second term! The usual suspects will gang up against him.....what poor GEJ saw in their hands would be like a walk in the park when they eventually open the ‘nyamuree meddlesome interlopers’ chapter! shocked
Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by Monogamy: 4:18pm On Apr 03, 2021
TOEFL, GRE, GMAT questions for SE people... grin cheesy
Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by hollah123: 12:46am On Apr 04, 2021
u ain't getting any,your forefathers put us in this shit so nobody is going anywhere
Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by survivor10(m): 7:54am On Apr 04, 2021
Rugaria:

Igbos are NEVER inherently poor in politics!
You guys should stop parroting your owambe analysis all over the place..
Igbos were leading politically, academically, economically before the war. These created all sorts of panic attacks amongst other members of the Nigerian federation who were struggling to compete on any sort of level playing ground as is still the case today. A failed coup headed by few igbo officers became a very convinient rallying point for all sorts of rampaging igbo haters! It was whimsically termed an "igbo coup", and subsequently a mindless genocide against the whole Igbos across the country was unleashed. The aim was to corner the igbo politically and eject them from any serious commanding position in the land. Britain was spearheading the attacks with arms and intelligence support, since most of the vociferous anti colonial characters were Igbos! It was pay back time and they made sure the end results were achieved!

Post war, the officers that fought in the field on the federal side took time to meticulously marginalise the igbo out of any serious political positions in the country. They control the army, the police, the airforce and other coercive instruments of the state! They created states, local governments, political parties and in all of these, they made sure the Igbos were shortchanged... With less local and state governments, Igbolands ability to be effectively represented was thoroughly undermined since they had fewer senators, fewer HoR members, fewer governors, fewer LGA chairmen and ofcourse fewer polling boots. This was so because those polling districts were/are created by the National Electoral Commission created and funded by federal forces(read: gerrymandering), who use spurious data generated from fake census figures!

So it's wrong to say that igboland sucks at politics when you are shooting at credible igbo political figures while using the supreme court to impose riffraffs as governors all over Igboland. The federal government is the one effectively undermining igbo political growth based on a well planned policy of Marginalisation, intimidation and subjugation!

Thank you!

Ride on!!!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by survivor10(m): 7:55am On Apr 04, 2021
hollah123:
u ain't getting any,your forefathers put us in this shit so nobody is going anywhere

What's the difference between you and a witch?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by hollah123: 12:39pm On Apr 04, 2021
survivor10:

go n ask your elders in d village
Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:41pm On Apr 04, 2021
survivor10:

Not much i’d wager! lipsrsealed
Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by InvestingExpert(m): 9:59am On Apr 08, 2021
Biafra or presidency
Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by InvestingExpert(m): 11:06am On Apr 12, 2021
Nice to meet you
Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by InvestingExpert(m): 7:14pm On Apr 13, 2021
Good evening
Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by owobokiri(m): 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2021
Do you ask northerners aspiring to be president if they want an Islamic caliphate or the presidency?
Boko Haram is a northern separatist organization involved in active insurgency but many people from the north are in power including the president and the senate president!
Why don't you ask them this kind of stoopid question? Almost every top igbo politician I know is against Biafra, right? Including governors and national assembly members! Why is that not enough for you?
Re: Biafra Or Presidency? by chukwuaustin(m): 8:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
For 2023 we want Presidency

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Fulani Army Or Nigerian Army? I Need Clarification Please / Revealed! How $1bn Arms Fund For Nigerian Armed Forces Was Disbursed / I Have Realized That Following Nnamdi Kanu Is Death For My People And I Quit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.