Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

"Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper (30398 Views)

Crying Is Permitted — Lecturer Tells Students Sitting For Their Examination / University Of Pretoria Exam Question: 'Crying Is Permitted As Long As You Do...' / Waec Announces 2018 New Rules On Examination Malpractice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by Psoul(m): 11:23am On Apr 03, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Dude you need to understand we have three types of students

Genius/Brilliant
Average
Poor

When you take a particular course for 3months or more... reading and study should earn you an average of C or B in a hour exam...

I get some students are going through challenges while studying

I'm just saying this naturally without any secondary issues
In respective of the number of course you offer in a semester you should be able to make at least C in a course...
Thank you.

That is in an ideal state.
Understand this. Once you bear that tag "student" or "learner" you becomes somehow little slow in grabbing what you are bn taught.
Even the teacher that is teaching the subject, once he sit for an exam for that same course he teaches of enters a class as a student to that subject, he may start finding some difficulties in that subject.

For example, take up the subject u did not do too well and decide to teach it to others, you will see that u will start understanding it well now u are teaching it. But if u sit as a student, u find many difficulties. Daz why when u pick up ur past secondary school books and u start wondering why you find some subject so difficult and abstract. U now see those subject as nothing than simple thing.

4 Likes

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by stanisbaratheon: 11:25am On Apr 03, 2021
MrEgghead:
It's easier said than done. We don't study those tiny courses and materials that you guys do...We study degree courses...Anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, pharmacology e.t.c and we're expected to carry everything in bulk till the exam day which is not on semester basis...How will your cramming in January help when you may even write your exams in December or the following year...My friend, Medicine is second to none.

eehn??

So engineering students study pre-degree courses okwaya??

1 Like

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by Psoul(m): 11:25am On Apr 03, 2021
Jobabori:

This explains the reason why whoever is teaching at any level of education should have a teaching qualification. He could not have given this kind of instruction if he has attended a teacher training course.

Exactly. Dat instruction is enough to stop that teacher from teaching.
It is "unteacher-like"
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by Fuckyoumod: 11:27am On Apr 03, 2021
Rgade:
Mtchew.
If medicine talk crying is allowed, civil engineering will also talk crying is allowed.
Na strength of materials 1 self; see the cheap questions they set.
The lady for talk say she no read.
what you don't know is bigger than you.

1 Like

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by Stanleyville(m): 11:32am On Apr 03, 2021
grin

I fit bet my balls those questions no dey syllabus
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by enambobo(m): 11:45am On Apr 03, 2021
Rgade:
Mtchew.
If medicine talk crying is allowed, civil engineering will also talk crying is allowed.
You only saw question 1 and you tag it cheap. That might just be bonus question. You really have no idea about Civil Engineering untill you're in it yourself. You think it's la cram la pour they do in medicine. Method and accuracy maters. In case you don't know, the work of a Civil Engineer is far more delicate than a Doctor's. A doctor makes a single mistake, one person dies. But a civil engineer makes a mistake in his analysis/design of a structure, several souls will be lost.

1 Like

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by Lordbinsmar: 11:46am On Apr 03, 2021
Nemere2020:
Crying is allowed but do so quietly -- see the unusual instruction on an examination question paper

Cry untop Strength of Materials exam angry angry angry If they come do Mechanical Vibration or Mechanisms of Machines nko

Any serious engineering student will pass strenght of materials easily.

2 Likes

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by ClassicMan202(m): 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2021
Riversstate:

Shut up

Now the person who your president is a herdsman

grin

Ha haha... My brother, no be small thing o
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by Farid24224(m): 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2021
Who will cry for those questions?? Strain and stress??
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by ClassicMan202(m): 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2021
perkyB:
your dey ment..try entering medicine and surgery

Anybody in the know will tell you that engineering is harder than medicine. It's not all about cramming big big text books.
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by ClassicMan202(m): 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2021
frankson1:

'if you see the bad eye wey I dey look you' kiss kiss

Me I dey look you engineering eyes grin
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by skedy1(m): 12:27pm On Apr 03, 2021
AsherAmari:
Lol... Wicket.

Why would anyone cry though?
When e choke come hang add

One gotta cry in that exam hall o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by BRATISLAVA: 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2021
MrEgghead:
It's easier said than done. We don't study those tiny courses and materials that you guys do...We study degree courses...Anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, pharmacology e.t.c and we're expected to carry everything in bulk till the exam day which is not on semester basis...How will your cramming in January help when you may even write your exams in December or the following year...My friend, Medicine is second to none.

Everyone studies degree courses, isn't that what they call borrowed courses? Or let me guess, you've never looked at the syllabus of any other degree but yours.

Medicine is cramming. There's none of your textbooks I've never seen, even the ones your consultants open to check what they don't know.

You guys are simply full of yourselves. There are other professional degrees than medicine.

Everyone else's degree is second to none.

1 Like

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2021
stanisbaratheon:

They will beg to switch back after 300 level.
Not if you came from mech grin
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by BRATISLAVA: 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2021
Rgade:

Haba sad

Yes.

If you've ever read their books or followed up on their coursework, you'll realize it's a lot of cramming. Then going to look at patients to see if they match with the cramming after some years.

The human body never changes. There's not much else they can know that won't be specialized. Thus it's not a difficult degree, they just need to be ready to sit and study, like everyone else in the world. There will never be an innovation in the human heart, for instance. Why else are there so many doctors?

The ego of medical students is even more than that of the doctors themselves.

But I'm not here to shake that table.

Compare that to a degree in some other professional course.

2 Likes

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2021
If you know what STRENGTH OF MATERIALS or MECHANICS OF MATERIALS is, then you would have understood.

In Mechanical Engineering, many come, all saw, but only a few conquer.

2 Likes

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 03, 2021
Rgade:
Mtchew.

You are so dumb to compare a course "medicine" of which there's is no need of any intellectual depth, because what is written is written, with a course like ENGINEERING of which every part of the way needs a deep sense of intelligence.

You surely are of those people of anatomy, physiology, psychology, etc. If really you were of Medicine or Pharmacy, you would have known what the ENGINEERING is synonymous with INTELLIGENCE.

So, crawl back to your second class medicine hole.

sad

2 Likes

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by Arclite(m): 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2021
seeing that it is strength of material ,that instruction is very valid being a civil engineering student i can relate

1 Like

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by EzeBitcoin(m): 1:13pm On Apr 03, 2021
I can relate.
Lol
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by stanisbaratheon: 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2021
Rgade:

Not if you came from mech grin

Only few Mech guys can cope in Civil from 300 level up, believe me.
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by brandsoncharlie: 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2021
Tuprene:

Check my threads. Apply for farm work
grin
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by Lekan239(m): 1:41pm On Apr 03, 2021
Rgade:

I am telling you from a position of authority angry
This was by far the easiest exam I wrote this semester.
Why should a civil engineering student complain about Strength of materials if no be say she no read. angry
wow University is setting this simple questions and you are too answer only three. Pls what level are you, as an HND1 student of the department of Mechanical Engineering, I would solved all this question without preparing for the exam with ease.
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by izzyybothe17: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ikjosh04:

It wasn't. Being a Chem engg student made it more herculean.

I’m yet to understand the reason why they have to make Chem Engine boys take Mech courses . Like why am I doing strength of materials ? �
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by brandsoncharlie: 1:48pm On Apr 03, 2021
Rgade:
Mtchew.
CIVIL ENGINEERING : designs project that will cater for hundred of life's in one spot.
Medicine : one life they're speaking so much grammar.
grin grin grin grin
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by sexiestharam(f): 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2021
I am an Engineer who did this course in school. You will definitely cry writing this exam! Very stupid course!

1 Like

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by sexiestharam(f): 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
izzyybothe17:

I’m yet to understand the reason why they have to make Chem Engine boys take Mech courses . Like why am I doing strength of materials ? �
It doesn't make sense. We chem engineers are made to do courses that are totally unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by brandsoncharlie: 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2021
izzyybothe17:

If you don't do strength of materials how can you identify or know the behavior of certain material to heat, chemical reactions, their strength during design.
For example cement which has certain chemical properties which will be used in construction in certain projects which require a particular type based on the chemical properties which requires strength.
So if you are working in an industrial plant that manufacture cement, as a chemical engineer you will supervise or work to achieve that strength of such type of cement in the laboratory.
There's more but this is just part of it.
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by brandsoncharlie: 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2021
stanisbaratheon:

Only few Mech guys can cope in Civil from 300 level up, believe me.
grin cheesy
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by enambobo(m): 2:08pm On Apr 03, 2021
sexiestharam:

It doesn't make sense. We chem engineers are made to do courses that are totally unnecessary.
Same way Civil and other engineering students are made to do Industrial chemistry borrowed from Chemical engineering. It's a general thing, no point crying.

1 Like

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 03, 2021
enambobo:

Same way Civil and other engineering students are made to do Industrial chemistry borrowed from Chemical engineering. It's a general thing, no point crying.

No mind them, if CASTIGLIANO THEOREM hook them ehnnm

Anyways we thank God

1 Like

Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by KingLion007(m): 2:52pm On Apr 03, 2021
Questions not difficult though..kinda like the instruction.Strength of material hmmmm only Engineering students kws what dis course is...
Re: "Crying Is Allowed But Do So Quietly": Unususal Instruction On Examination Paper by georgeakins: 2:55pm On Apr 03, 2021
There is nothing difficult about any course once you are brilliant. It is Nigerian lecturers that make these courses difficulty.
People abroad do all the courses and pass very well and Nigerian graduates cannot even measure up with them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lecturers/Students Sharing Rooms At Maritime University Over Accommodation Issue / Don Davis: Deeper Life School Principal, Others Remanded In Prison / Plastic Bottles Used To Pay School Fees At Morit International School, Ajegunle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.