Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots (73748 Views)

Banks In South-East Comply With IPOB Directive, Bring Down Nigerian Flags / Alpha Jet Aircraft Crashes In Zamfara, Pilot Abayomi Dairo Rescued (Photos) / Wreckage Of Missing NAF Alpha Jet 475 Found In Bama, Body Of Pilot Also Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Foolishbuhari: 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
marvin906:

Oga he's correct..
In no scenario will an rpg hit a Jet even an anti aircraft gun is even difficult unless the pilot makes it easy

I never ever said an RPG downed the jet. If you go through my posts so far on this, you'll see where I corrected an opinion that an RPG can down a fighter jet.

An anti aircraft gun on the other hand (they quoted a 105mm hotweizer AA gun in the post) handled by a good gunner will hit that jet if it's flying low! They were making a video of them attacking the jet after which the jet went up in flames right in the video. How then can that guy say it was not BH who downed the jet?

Mind you the original post never said the particular weapon BH brought down the jet with. We are just speculating but an RPG "under normal circumstances " can't ever bring down a fighter jet!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by ken6488(m): 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
nograv:

What facts have you provided beyond believing propaganda footage? Thats right none.

Have I provided examples from multiple military aircraft scenarios, yes.

Thats why I said at this point I have little interest in arguing with a man who displays little knowledge of jets or the type of technology required to down them.

Even the Me262 arguably one of the first military jets (aside from the British Gloster Meteor) was so fast, the only way to destroy it during WW2 (over 70 years ago) was when it was on the ground or either taking off or landing..

So the idea of a modern jet which is even faster and more advanced being downed by small arms fire is even more ridiculous to be honest.
Did they say they use rpg
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
nograv:

Look I am losing patience with you. I gave you the example of the exact same scenario witha Jordanian plane thatwas downed over Syria.

An anti aircraft gun could score a lucky shot, but it is very very unlikely. So much so, nevermind how low a given plane was flying it has never been recorded in the modern era.

Please make up your own mind. In truth given I care little for the North and would rather see the South break away to form a Republic of Southern Nigeria. I couldnt care less what those savages get up to up there anyway.

U re sounding too daft, Abeg shut it. Ur explanation is idiotic
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by ken6488(m): 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
I am very disappointed in being a Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by blackslayer: 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2021
Nigeria == Nigger Area! You idiots will remain niggers in that area as long as you keep answering to your slave master's name. Shameless idiots! very shameless thoughtless set of niggers! Check the real origin of the name Nigeria...even the birth of Nigeria....You guys are slaves/colonial masters project/experiment intentionally gone bad...and you have kept that slave master's dream ever since and you wonder why nothing works
fvckin waste of oxygen yall are!
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by nograv: 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2021
OOzz:

U re sounding to daft. Abeg shut it. Ur explanation is idiotic

And what do you know about aircraft..? This is why I spend more time in the west.

Sadly some Nigerians can be so ignorant..

I dont need to abuse you in return. Your ignorance is self evident..

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2021
nograv:

And what do you know about aircraft..? This is why I spend more time in the west.

Sadly some Nigerians can be so ignorant..

I dont need to abuse you in return. Your ignorance is self evident..

Abeg shut ur trap. U re very clueless
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by nograv: 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2021
ken6488:

Did they say they use rpg

Unless they have a SAM, surface to air missile technology, the odds of them downing that jet are ZERO

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Rossikki: 8:36pm On Apr 02, 2021
winterfell007:
Well it's obvious. The Nigerian Army is incapable of defeating a small ragtag insurgents. We have lost the war against insurgency. That means if we're at war with another standing army, we'll be wiped out to oblivion.
Shame to the Nigerian Army and government as a whole

WHAT AN IGNORANT AND STUPID THING TO SAY.

THE US ARMY HAS LOST PLANES TO TERRORISTS TOO, AND HAS BEEN BATTLING THEM FOR 25 YEARS, LOST MANY MEN, AND NOT DEFEATED THEM TILL TODAY.

I GUESS THAT MEANS TOGOLESE ARMY CAN OVERRUN THE USA.

DUMMY.

DON'T GET IT INTO YOUR THICK, SELF HATING SKULL THAT FIGHTING TERRORISM IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM CONVENTIONAL WARFARE.

WASTED EDUCATION, PLUS ALL THE DUMBOS WHO 'LIKED' YOUR COMMENT.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by nograv: 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
OOzz:

Abeg shut ur trap. U re very clueless

Another intelligent response...

Tell me how did boko haram manage to shoot down a modern jet plane with small arms or an RPG?

Better yet can you give me another example in conflict where this occurred..?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by dmbb: 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
hakeem4:
How do we know it’s boko haram. It could be isis in the Middle East
and they shot the jet from there

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Grateful02(m): 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
I don't blame US for not arming us with weapons? what's the need giving arms to Nigeria when it will either get destroyed or snatched by terrorists??

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by 77star: 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kirkman:

Pussy ass nigga mods town crier grin
That's him cheesy cheesy grin
Before u know, he don come with alternate moniker (nl police woman) crying into the ears of the mods

Town crier ndidi

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Horus(m): 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 02, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

And the jet had to have a mechanical function capable of downing it at that very moment BH were filming and shooting at it right? I guess the mechanical fault also caused the plane to burst into flames mid air.

An RPG doesn't have the capacity to down a fighter jet but an anti aircraft gun can score a lucky shot with a low flying jet. Which begs the question, why were they flying low?

nograv was right and very exposed on military operations. Those images are based on propaganda. It is never the case of an RPG having the capacity to down a fighter jet or an anti aircraft gun having a luck on a low flying jet.

The jet went off radar. We should try to analyze why a plane or a military jet would be off radar. Firstly, it could mean the signals from the plane's transponder were stopped deliberately (by pilots or others) which is not possible in this case, or there was a complete electrical failure, or the plane disintegrated or exploded. The ground team should be in the position to tell us what happened before the plane went off radar for a normal routine surveillance operations.

The primary radar system of the jet should be able to have full communication with NAF ground team. It is when plane have gone far about 100 or 200 miles offshore that secondary radar system and additional system for radar communication are used.

In February, we lost Flight Lieutenants Gadzama and Piyo, in March we lost another two Lieutenants. NAF has lost two jets in two months. One jet, two officers and 5 NCOS to Bandits of Niger State in February. One jet, two officers to Boko Haram in March. Oga Amao, Chief sir. I am a Yoruba man. On nairaland, I posted something after the February crash, it was deleted immediately. I think it is better to bring Israeli mercenaries to train and support the Airforce if Buhari would permit it. I don't want to post what is in my mind, because it might be deleted again.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Tonalphs(f): 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

Is it not still the jihadist supporting generals who would be in charge of the weapons and aircraft? They may even sell them off and acquire choice properties in Dubai and nothing will happen.
sir, that's why I said it's been handed over to the military at the warfront. hubby almost lost his life to this war. in fact he was unconscious first, to wheel chair, to clutches, to walking stick before they deem it fit to repost him. He spent so much money to bounce back to his fit again. this is a captain I'm talking bout o. what if he didn't make it?
three years over there wasn't a sweet thing.
so much blood on that land and state. the blood should cry for vengeance....
chai, I'm feeling like I'm watching Nollyhood.
sha, I believe in Karma.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Idiko1: 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2021
Light78:

It travels at 117 m/s. The jet must had developed a mechanical fault that made the RPG to get to it.

I do not think it was either a mechanical fault or RPG but a Stinger system. It is man-portable weapon.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Zane2point4(m): 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2021
vioment:
Rip to the fallen heroes of the naf.

When you fly toys with yeye strategy this is what you get.

We have unintelligent people in every sector in Nigeria, it is that bad or worse.

If I had a chance to run this operation, in summary, it will be day time drone flying with NA all around a suspected site, then in the evening, it will be personel and drone crafts with NA all around a suspected site. At night, the crafts will have thermo sensors and NA will have night vision goggles.

We too dull ourselves. We no dey plan and execute in an intelligent manner. Some kind dullism gatz dey involved.

Rip heroes.
What do u expect from aboki, you think say that name na for fancy?
They're in the helm of all offices without giving easterners a chance, aboki wey I teach for nysc wey no sabbi spell cow sef.
I don't expect anything more.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
marvin906:

Which missles are you talking about..
Oga it was an rpg that shot it down and in reality it should have never happened

It is a lie. It is just a propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Shellsploit: 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2021
Supan:
Planned script by the fulani jihadist... How can an ordinary RPG shoot down a fast flying jet fighter, when it is not guided with signal or heat seeking device? Was it flying two feet above the ground to be gunned down easily when it isn't helicopter?

I believe their flight path and height was leaked to BH by their brothers in the army, so they could position well to shoot it down.

They keep sending southerners in their compromised army to their early grave. keeping the south weakened militarily.

Well, if any southerner thinks serving together with BH sympathizers in a compromised army like Nigeria's is Patriotism and not foolishness, RiP in advance to him.

Buhari will never allow Boko Haram to be defeated.

Boko Haram is Buhari and also Fulani herdsmen.

Argue with next level change.

You are right bro... How can an rpg bring down a jet fighter. even in worst case scenario when a rocket or missile is locked on a jet fighter, at least it should use its flare as a defensive countermeasures except maybe this particular model isnt equipped with it.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by APOSTLECHUMA: 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
Good for those pilots if they had ever embarked on any mission in the East.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by nedekid: 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2021
marvin906:

I don't think you understand the situation on ground...
In no scenario is it possible for an rpg hit an alpha on high speed..
What I can see happening here is incompetence on the pilot side or malfunction of the jet to come as low for an rpg to hit..
What is your definition of low..
A tucano is slow does not mean is a sit duck for an rpg
I never said Rpg, read my earlier post. Rpgs have only been known to shoot down low flying choppers by luck.
What they probably shot it down with(assuming it was shot down and not malfunction or pilot error), will most likely be AA fire. Those big guns you see gun trucks are mostly anti aircraft weapons.
The other way could be through manpads. This though is highly unlikely cos they are heavily monitored.
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Foolishbuhari: 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2021
Tonalphs:

sir, that's why I said it's been handed over to the military at the warfront. hubby almost lost his life to this war. in fact he was unconscious first, to wheel chair, to clutches, to walking stick before they deem it fit to repost him. He spent so much money to bounce back to his fit again. this is a captain I'm talking bout o. what if he didn't make it?
three years over there wasn't a sweet thing.
so much blood on that land and state. the blood should cry for vengeance....
chai, I'm feeling like I'm watching Nollyhood.
sha, I believe in Karma.

I understand you and I'm happy your hubby made it. He will be one of the lucky ones. I still say even if those weapons are given to them at the war front, they will divert it.

The only way the integrity of the war against BH can be maintained and the battle won is to take out command from the generals currently doing that and giving it to mercenaries with a target as it was done prior to GEJ handing over power. Those mercenaries would be earning their pay under contract so they will deliver. Plus they don't have interests and tribal attachments to the terrorists! This is a proven formula but they won't do it.

Those SA guys worked with just a few units of the army to cripple BH then.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by nograv: 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
babaolofin:

nograv was right and very exposed on military operations. Those images are based on propaganda. It is never the case of an RPG having the capacity to down a fighter jet or an anti aircraft gun having a luck on a low flying jet.

The jet went off radar. We should try to analyze why a plane or a military jet would be off radar. Firstly, it could mean the signals from the plane's transponder were stopped deliberately (by pilots or others) which is not possible in this case, or there was a complete electrical failure, or the plane disintegrated or exploded. The ground team should be in the position to tell us what happened before the plane went off radar for a normal routine surveillance operations.

The primary radar system of the jet should be able to have full communication with NAF ground team. It is when plane have gone far about 100 or 200 miles offshore that secondary radar system and additional system for radar communication are used.

In February, we lost Flight Lieutenants Gadzama and Piyo, in March we lost another two Lieutenants. NAF has lost two jets in two months. One jet, two officers and 5 NCOS to Bandits of Niger State in February. One jet, two officers to Boko Haram in March. Oga Amao, Chief sir. I am a Yoruba man. On nairaland, I posted something after the February crash, it was deleted immediately. I think it is better to bring Israeli mercenaries to train and support the Airforce if Buhari would permit it. I don't want to post what is in my mind, because it might be deleted again.

Thank you my brother..

Look I hate Boko Haram as much as the next man, but as far as I am aware unless foreign elements are arming them. Like the CIA did with the mujjahadeen in Afghanistan when they were fighting the Soviets, Boko just doesnt have the means to take a jet down.

I thumbed you up for that...

The idea of them taking Nigerian army armoured cars and tanks is plausible. ISIS in Syria proved that well organised forces with high morale can defeat well equipped standard forces on the ground (in this case the american armed and trained Iraqi army and Syrian army under Bashir Assad..

Things only went bad for the Islamic state when advanced airforces were deployed against them.. Showing the value of air superiority..

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by UnabashedIPOB: 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2021
Farid24224:

Gosh!! Just go and grow up dawg..

Take a look in the mirror Mr. Grown Up!
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by 77star: 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2021
Eriokanmi:
it was good Horus removed the nonsense he posted. Oloriburuku ęda. He's one of those destroying this country with falsehood.
Ati to n pe ara e ni Nl policewoman

Ikan na ni gbogbo wan
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Horus(m): 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7IOJfmCj54

60 Seconds with top Nigerian Air Force pilot, Hastruup

Flight Lieutenant Hastruup of 103 Strike Force, Yola speaks on the mission to Sambisa forest and the fight against Boko Haram insurgents in the North-Eastern part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Tonalphs(f): 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

I understand you and I'm happy your hubby made it. He will be one of the lucky ones. I still say even if those weapons are given to them at the war front, they will divert it.

The only way the integrity of the war against BH can be maintained and the battle won is to take out command from the generals currently doing that and giving it to mercenaries with a target as it was done prior to GEJ handing over power. Those mercenaries would be earning their pay under contract so they will deliver. Plus they don't have interests and tribal attachments to the terrorists! This is a proven formula but they won't do it.

Those SA guys worked with just a few units of the army to cripple BH then.
sir, but you and I know that's not possible right now( I'm sorry sir I have to use APC) when you and I know that those terrorist loving jihadist in power won't try the help of mercenaries. it's not even up for debate cos aside cashing out, they are cold blooded being who destroy everything and create nothing. how someone destroys a life or lives he can't create still baffles me. how someone can be so cold blooded still baffles me.
How can you serve a God who derives joy in Blood SHED is still what I can't seem to fathom. we've lost people in this war and still more people will go down.
I almost ran mad when it happened to Hubby. it was just small it would have touched his bone and crippled him for life but Mercy said NO.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by marvin906(m): 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2021
nedekid:

I never said Rpg, read my earlier post. Rpgs have only been known to shoot down low flying choppers by luck.
What they probably shot it down with(assuming it was shot down and not malfunction or pilot error), will most likely be AA fire. Those big guns you see gun trucks are mostly anti aircraft weapons.
The other way could be through manpads. This though is highly unlikely cos they are heavily monitored.

I get it..
I think this accident is tilting to malfunction

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by marvin906(m): 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2021
babaolofin:

It is a lie. It is just a propaganda.

So your statement is the truth abi
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by Foolishbuhari: 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2021
Tonalphs:

sir, but you and I know that's not possible right now( I'm sorry sir I have to use APC) when you and I know that those terrorist loving jihadist in power won't try the help of mercenaries. it's not even up for debate cos aside cashing out, they are cold blooded being who destroy everything and create nothing. how someone destroys a life or lives he can't create still baffles me. how someone can be so cold blooded still baffles me.
How can you serve a God who derives joy in Blood SHED is still what I can't seem to fathom. we've lost people in this war and still more people will go down.
I almost ran mad when it happened to Hubby. it was just small it would have touched his bone and crippled him for life but Mercy said NO.

Well you have said it all. We have cold blooded jihadist sympathizers in power. Thank God your hubby made it and I am sure he's happy for another opportunity at life. I'm pretty sure he won't be going back there so let him count his blessings. I have a friend over there. He's been there for 2 years now. I pray he makes it back home in one piece
Re: Boko Haram: We Shot Down Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jet & Killed Pilots by okeyglm: 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2021
nograv:

Unless they have a SAM, surface to air missile technology, the odds of them downing that jet are ZERO
this is not the ist time boko haram are downing a jet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos / Edo Election: Oshiomhole Taunted After Loss (Photos) / Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.