Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,025 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Wants To Hand Over To Me - Soludo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Wants To Hand Over To Me - Soludo (21121 Views)

Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi / Soludo: Why Obiano Supported Me To Become Anambra Governor / Why Obiano Won’t Congratulate Obi Over Nomination As Atiku’s Running Mate - Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Wants To Hand Over To Me - Soludo by Bluntemperor: 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2021
Nazgul:
I have this feeling that Soludo will perform exceptionally well if given the chance to govern Anambra state. His "Soludo solution" when he was CBN governor is a prove that he's got some problem solving skills in him.

I wish him the best of luck.

You make sense but what about policians working underground who sees him(Soludo) as a star riser!
I love Anambra people but they should avoid politics with bitterness,the pull- down- syndrome,etc.God help the State.
Re: Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Wants To Hand Over To Me - Soludo by naija4life247: 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2021
Nazgul:
I have this feeling that Soludo will perform exceptionally well if given the chance to govern Anambra state. His "Soludo solution" when he was CBN governor is a prove that he's got some problem solving skills in him.

I was working in one of the banks when Soludo was CBN Governor, there is no other CBN Governor in the history of the world that is as good as Soludo the Solution. As recession bite hard all over the world, Soludo managed the Nigeria economy very well, did bank consolidation without any bank losing out and stabilized the economy.

Unfortunately, when that useless Almajari whom you all love Umar Yar'Adua came on board, the ethic bigot removed Soludo a Professor of Economics and replaced him with the pedophille Sanusi Lamido who has a Masters degree in Islamic Studies. Lucifer will continue to punish that Yar'Adua.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Wants To Hand Over To Me - Soludo by 123papas(m): 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2021
Soludo is far more qualified that Peter Obi and Obiano combined to move Anambra forward. We need technocrats in our systems. I believe this one.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Wants To Hand Over To Me - Soludo by grandstar(m): 5:44pm On Apr 03, 2021
Nazgul:

He changed banking in Nigeria. His reformed was the foundation of consumer lending by banks.

Also, Dangote said that without reforms, he would never have been successful as he is now.

Yes he made some gaffes but he's still miles ahead of others. If he had been allowed to end the Naira substitution policy, commercial lending rates would have reduced to less than 10% per year but the then Governor's, president YarAdua, and most importantly his enemies in the Central Bank scuttled it.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Wants To Hand Over To Me - Soludo by grandstar(m): 5:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
naija4life247:

I was working in one of the banks when Soludo was CBN Governor, there is no other CBN Governor in the history of the world that is as good as Soludo the Solution. As recession bite hard all over the world, Soludo managed the Nigeria economy very well, did bank consolidation without any bank losing out and stabilized the economy.

Unfortunately, when that useless Almajari whom you all love Umar Yar'Adua came on board, the ethic bigot removed Soludo a Professor of Economics and replaced him with the pedophille Sanusi Lamido who has a Masters degree in Islamic Studies. Lucifer will continue to punish that Yar'Adua.

As much as you'd like to praise Soludo, he made some big mistakes.

First, during the consolidation exercise, many banks took advantage of him and that's why Sanusi had to rescue many banks.

Also, when the price oil fell, he wanted the Naira to remain at 120 to a dollar which made no sense. He spent $20b of the foreign reserves protecting that exchange rate.

When Sanusi came in, he 8mmediatwly devalued the Naira to 150 to the dollar and sanity was restored.

He is very good and one of the best Economist in the world, not just in Africa. No one is perfect.
Re: Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Wants To Hand Over To Me - Soludo by Cromagnon: 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2021
Nazgul:

This is what we thought of buhari, fashola and Ben Bruce and suswan
Re: Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Wants To Hand Over To Me - Soludo by tit(f): 5:27am On Apr 04, 2021
grandstar:

As much as you'd like to praise Soludo, he made some big mistakes.

First, during the consolidation exercise, many banks took advantage of him and that's why Sanusi had to rescue many banks.

Also, when the price oil fell, he wanted the Naira to remain at 120 to a dollar which made no sense. He spent $20b of the foreign reserves protecting that exchange rate.

When Sanusi came in, he 8mmediatwly devalued the Naira to 150 to the dollar and sanity was restored.

He is very good and one of the best Economist in the world, not just in Africa. No one is perfect.

Yar Adua, and Nigeria's, biggest mistake, in the 2000s, was increasing salaries of civil servants about 2007,
Re: Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Wants To Hand Over To Me - Soludo by grandstar(m): 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2021
tit:

Yar Adua, and Nigeria's, biggest mistake, in the 2000s, was increasing salaries of civil servants about 2007,

Actually, the most preposterous increase was by Jonathan from 6,500 to 18,000. This primarily was done to win labor and popular opinion considering the 2011 was nearby.

A salary increase from 6,500 to 10,000 would have been okay. That salary increase for a bloated civil service tore at nation's treasury hard even then and left it in tatters when oil prices collapsed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obaseki Congratulates Senator Akpabio On Emergence As Senate President / Picture Of A Nigerian Dressed In National Colours / Prof. Osinbajo And Wife Get Accredited (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.