Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,442 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? (40420 Views)

How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? / How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? / My Friend's Wife Keeps Disturbing Me For Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Fairbanks(m): 9:53pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ebuka78:

A river that forgets it source will surely runs dry. You have to help your mum, God gave you that job to support your family.

If it were your girlfriend, you would help her without thinking twice.

You can divide your salary into half, and give your sister to start a Saloon business/ become a hair stylist.

The next salary, you divide it and assist your brothers or brother to open a trade.

In 3 months time, there wouldn't be pressure on you to help the family. It is not good for one person to be rich in a family, let the rich one help others to get rich.

You should send 50% of your last month salary to sustain your mum.

You don't know what she passed through before birthing you. She would never tell you.

Switch of your cell phone and regret it for life.

Send her half of your salary for her health and remain blessed for life.

Nairalanders, I don't need your likes and shares. Just read and pass.

i don't want to be too cynical to quote this comment but I can boldly see u have no iota experience about life, so why should I quote u?
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Fairbanks(m): 10:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
lecturer50:
Please house I need an advice.

Ever since I got a federal government job,

my relatives have been disturbing me for money.

There must always be an issue that involves money which they want me to solve.

Recently, my mom become sick.

They are threatening me that I would be held responsible if my mom dies,if I don't make sure she is cured.

But I have taken her to hospitals, and she is trying to recover.

I do this whenever I visit home since I am working in a state far from home.

Her health challenge is due to old age.

But today my uncle called me that I should resign, get back to the village and personally take care of my mom,

failure of which,if she dies, the whole family would hold me responsible for choosing job over my mom.

Can you imagine resigning your federal job to get to the village and start staying?

The calls, the demands, the attacks are getting too much for me.

Please should I just switch off my phone so that no one can contact me?

I just need advice?

The devil that want to ruin ur destiny and bring u down to thrash is using ur mum to set trap for u and ur uncle that advised u to resign and come back to village is their agent and masterpiece. if u like fall in trap and go and experience d other side of life of total detection and humiliation in d village. ur only solution is to severe ur tie from all of them right now and make sure u send whatever u have in capacity to ur mum and not carry it totally in ur shoulder u are not the one she gave birth to. but if u despise this advice I will tell u my four years hellic experience of what u are planning to fall into. The worst part of it is that the team that brought u down to village will be ur worst nightmare when u fall. Be careful!
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by joyousever(f): 1:28am On Apr 05, 2021
Your objection to my post is extremely unnecessary. As I can see you tend to speak out of point on this very thread and reason why others have been bashing you for your senseless input.
Ebuka78:

Only in Nigeria on would hear that words of yours. The same uncle that was there when he was raised.

Stop all these your nollywood comment.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by armyofone(m): 3:54am On Apr 05, 2021
I fear the sharing formula too. Cold catch me grin

doggedfighter:

You go fear sharing formula grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Bobnotrouble: 7:22am On Apr 05, 2021
Go and bring her over to your place for care. Disregard their threats afterwards.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Ceenacks(m): 8:11am On Apr 05, 2021
lecturer50:
What surprises me is that immediately I got the job, my mom started having health challenges.

I have observed it several times in different people.

When they are able to make a breakthrough in life (like getting a good job, graduation, financial breakthroughs),

something bad (like sickness or death) would affect their relatives, either the mom,dad,son, daughter or any close relative.

Please who else has noticed this, and why must it be so?

Dump this belief. Its only imagined by you. There is no truth in this. Doesnt happen. Just be prayerful.

In life, you can never solve everyone's problems. Choose how to help when and at the extent you can. And learn a deferral line to use, when you cant help. Relative A doesnt knw you just finished helping relative B, and would never remember nor care to know. Its natural. Everybody needs care when it calls on him or her. So you are at the pivot, you learn how to balance the scale while you stil remain standing.
Use wisdom
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by iragbmite: 8:18am On Apr 05, 2021
lecturer50:

They are threatening me that I would be held responsible if my mom dies,if I don't make sure she is cured.

But today my uncle called me that I should resign, get back to the village and personally take care of my mom,

failure of which,if she dies, the whole family would hold me responsible for choosing job over my mom.

Can you imagine resigning your federal job to get to the village and start staying?

I just need advice?

Bro, you did money ritual. You are evil
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by frozen70(f): 12:17pm On Apr 05, 2021
lecturer50:

I just need advice?

Don't switch your phone

Don't resign, they want your downfall

Keep sending money and keep t NG e physical receipts

Come one weekend see your mum and go back very quickly that same weekend

Don't give any one cash, just send it so that there won't contact with your raw cash and them by hand

If God wants he keep your mum

If they want let them dis own you

Don't get intimidated
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by kaboninc(m): 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2021
Oluwaseun2020:

We cant choose where God should place us as human. ... He is supreme and calls that order.
I know you may wish for a better family but know this...
God could put you in Nigeria or Russia or Germany...
If we get to choose. ..everyone will probably be in America the strongest country in the world....
Which is only a tiny part of the world. ..then who will fill the rest.?
if we all choose the best then who will be in Cuba or brazil or south africa or congo.. or benin

All God wants from us is to make the best of whatever he gives us.

He puts Moses in Egypt Strategically to help stubborn and demon worshiping Israelites. .

God is saying everything I have made is Good...
But if it appears bad...then someone is not standing to make it what it should.

he wants us to fight till its perfect.

As sinful as Isreal was... God said I will never turn away from isreal...never.
They kept the sins and he kept working at making them better.... from one city to another he sent his prophets

He send Jesus to sinners

if you think im small....
David was small...but he killed Goliat.
1 Samuel 17:33
And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.

God can use anybody. ..even a donkey was used to stop balam from the edge of destruction. ...

I think you need to be liberated.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by inyanging: 7:37pm On Apr 06, 2021
my son God bless u, I know u are in a very pathetic situation, but do these, go hone discuss with mum, let her know that her health condition is taking a toll on u, and if u continue like this the devil will laugh at last, take her along to Ur station all will be over, God will help u , don't neglect her, but don't give people opportunity to sifone Ur money in the name of treatment, we have seen them tired living Abroad, people using mum to get to us " tell him to send dollars" once Ur mum is out from that place the brosai will end
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Nigra(f): 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
Ebuka78:

Another comment based on Nollywood. Stop calling the devil. If it were his girlfriend, he would spend everything on her. Let us be realistic. Our rich brothers and sisters find it hard in giving or helping the family.

Remember his blood is his mum's blood.
If you understood what I wrote you'd see where I wrote "I'm talking from experience" not nollywood ok..good
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by bernard1000001(m): 8:08am On Apr 07, 2021
na dis one me i manage oo for ouse

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by lecturer50(m): 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
Ceenacks:

Dump this belief. Its only imagined by you. There is no truth in this. Doesnt happen. Just be prayerful.

In life, you can never solve everyone's problems. Choose how to help when and at the extent you can. And learn a deferral line to use, when you cant help. Relative A doesnt knw you just finished helping relative B, and would never remember nor care to know. Its natural. Everybody needs care when it calls on him or her. So you are at the pivot, you learn how to balance the scale while you stil remain standing.
Use wisdom

Thanks sir.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by lecturer50(m): 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2021
frozen70:

Don't switch your phone

Don't resign, they want your downfall

Keep sending money and keep t NG e physical receipts

Come one weekend see your mum and go back very quickly that same weekend

Don't give any one cash, just send it so that there won't contact with your raw cash and them by hand

If God wants he keep your mum

If they want let them dis own you

Don't get intimidated

Thanks for the encouragement.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by lecturer50(m): 6:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
Fairbanks:

The devil that want to ruin ur destiny and bring u down to thrash is using ur mum to set trap for u and ur uncle that advised u to resign and come back to village is their agent and masterpiece. if u like fall in trap and go and experience d other side of life of total detection and humiliation in d village. ur only solution is to severe ur tie from all of them right now and make sure u send whatever u have in capacity to ur mum and not carry it totally in ur shoulder u are not the one she gave birth to. but if u despise this advice I will tell u my four years hellic experience of what u are planning to fall into. The worst part of it is that the team that brought u down to village will be ur worst nightmare when u fall. Be careful!

Thanks sir.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by lecturer50(m): 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2021
Nzel:

Just follow the steps of your siblings. Provide for your mum as much as you can and whenever you want to call her, switch on your old love and use it after which you will switch it off. I guess she didn't die as your siblings are following that step but your uncle obviously wants to use your mum to run you down. Finally, don't even think of quitting your job. Similar thing happened to me so I repeat, don't think of quitting your job. You will still be mocked once you stop providing for them the moment you run dry while staying in the village.

Thank you ma.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by lecturer50(m): 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2021
neutrotoba:

Bro, check that person wey talk say make you go resign.

Go evaluate am spiritually
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by lecturer50(m): 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2021
Iseoluwani:

resign ke, no try am. are u the only child?
Be wary of ur uncle ooo

above all start praying oook

guy start to dey pray

Like some one said get a small provision for ur mum but let your extended family know u are not their responsibility. if u can bring ur mum to ur place. that will better.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by lecturer50(m): 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2021
Coolcalmcollect:

lol no be must to associate with stupid family oh, block their line and delete dem from all sm, they owe you nothing, not even your mom. get that fact straight

Thanks for the advice.

The only person that I owe love is my mum with our nuclear family.

As long as I can,I will take care of her and my other siblings.

I will do it voluntarily, not under compulsion and not under entitlement mentality from my nuclear family.

But the other members of the extended family should not see themselves as my responsibility.

Thanks.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by lecturer50(m): 6:43pm On Apr 07, 2021
SimplyFacts:
I don't know why I find this post irritating, maybe it's due to culture differences anyway. OP & his siblings should just discuss on who (amongst the children) would take Mama in while OP takes care of her health. Don't be worried about what the family would say if possibly God calls Mama anytime soon,,,, na you be her children & God knows you have done your best. Tell any relative that wants to sound stupid to go to hell angry

It does not happen to every family, abeg.

May God grant those who experience such a total deliverance.

Amen.
Re: How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? by Slimsly100(f): 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2021
My father quitted his business at the city to go and care for his sick mum at the village(unto say na him be first son) and under pressure from family people.
Hmmm! Abobby, him nuclear family scatter, suffer join seriously. My mum resented my granny till death because at our very tender ages when we needed a dad he was nowhere to be found. My older siblings suffered a lot for that. Our eldest son who scored 375/400 in JAMB(when it was still legit) and was given admission at UNIBEN.to study medicine/surgery couldn't go because no father to help him achieve his dreams. Story long. If not for God, all of us would have gone astray.

In short wetin I dey try talk be say, human beings are insatiable. Ur siblings don cane Dem line. That ur uncle is clearly an evil person who derives no joy in your progress.
People don tell u before, if u can afford it, try carry mumsy come urside so u go fit take care of her, if u nor go fit, try dey call her everyday, and dey send her some money from time to time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Please Save A Sister's Life.... Story Verified / What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.