Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. (1026 Views)

Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? / My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her / I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. by dboY1123(m): 9:04pm On Apr 03, 2021
On the 25th of March 2021, I noticed that my account was restricted as I was unable to transfer or even withdraw with my ATM debit card.
I was able to visit my bank, Gtbank, the following Monday to know why the restriction was placed on my account..Then I was told that someone transfered the sum of 14,700 to my account and that was the reason my account was restricted..
I run a POS business, and I receive transfers every time.. With the help of my Bank mobile App, I got the customer's name and luckily his phone number was there. The bank could not do anything than for me to provide the person and have him resolve the issue from his own bank, because his bank requested my own bank to restrict my account.
I got the guy and he was arrested, he confessed that a certain amount of money entered his account and he came to withdraw it from me., Now, he has credited his own bank account which was then restricted too.

But what still bothers me is that, what if I wasn't able to get the guy? or his number. Or what if he refused to use the bank for a long time? Is that how my money will remain there, the money I use to run my business.
Please, what do you see to this? And what steps should I have taken that would have prevented this from happening in the first place?

Thank You.
Re: My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2021
Please what should I do now, I need your help in fixing this. Thank you once again.
Re: My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. by ATTAHDYE(m): 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2021
stop accepting transfers or accept transfers from trusted customers wjo youcan personally vouch for.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. by dboY1123(m): 9:38pm On Apr 03, 2021
ATTAHDYE:
stop accepting transfers or accept transfers from trusted customers wjo youcan personally vouch for.

OK thanks.
But I'm still annoyed with the fact that my own bank restricted my account because another bank requested it to..that's bad
Re: My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. by francisbarrack(m): 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2021
Thank your star dat it's not more than this...

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. by yomi007k(m): 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
You have seen the importance of having biodata of your clients.

Make this a rule of your business transaction.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. by rtdCivilservant: 10:10pm On Apr 03, 2021
Why did his own bank(bank he transferred from) not track him? At least they should have his details. Secondly, when u called him to come, did he not suspect u were calling him for arrest? Since his own account has been frozen, and he knew well he obtained money through shady means. The guy is still a learner.
Re: My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. by dboY1123(m): 6:57am On Apr 04, 2021
yomi007k:
You have seen the importance of having biodata of your clients.

Make this a rule of your business transaction.

Yes, thanks
Re: My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. by dboY1123(m): 7:01am On Apr 04, 2021
rtdCivilservant:
Why did his own bank(bank he transferred from) not track him? At least they should have his details. Secondly, when u called him to come, did he not suspect u were calling him for arrest? Since his own account has been frozen, and he knew well he obtained money through shady means. The guy is still a learner.

He did not suspect I was calling him for arrest, I kept talking to him like normal, until I located him and I was with police already.
The guy claimed someone transfered into his account and he waited for a while maybe someone will call him, after that he came to withdraw it from me...So, the person that mistakenly transfered the money to his account requested that bank block our account.. But I was not supposed to be affected, that's what I don't understand
Re: My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. by ivolt: 7:12am On Apr 04, 2021
dboY1123:

The guy claimed someone transfered into his account and he waited for a while maybe someone will call him, after that he came to withdraw it from me...So, the person that mistakenly transfered the money to his account requested that bank block our account.. But I was not supposed to be affected, that's what I don't understand
It is strange your account was affected. The victim probably got a court order listing you as an accomplice.
POS is risky business thanks to Yahoo boys. The worst is those thieves who rob victims then sell stolen sims to Yahoo boys
who use POS to withdraw the victim's money.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. by layzie: 8:01am On Apr 04, 2021
ATTAHDYE:

Op, follow this advice to avoid stories that touch.
If not your account would be frozen again. A lot of fraudsters get hold of people's accts and rush to transfer to pos operatives to withdraw thus making u an accomplice. Let all your withdrawal transactions be via a card.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. by rtdCivilservant: 8:40am On Apr 04, 2021
dboY1123:

He did not suspect I was calling him for arrest, I kept talking to him like normal, until I located him and I was with police already.
Ya, that's the stupid country we live in, denying u of ur money cos of someone else's crime. A similar thing happened to me with my bank some years back, but in my case, my bank blocked only that amount that was erroneously transferred. Then if I checked my balance, I would see the total amount as total balance, but my withrawable balance was showing less (by the said amount), that's what ur bank should have done. In a civilised country, what they did to u is a sueable offence.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. by dboY1123(m): 5:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
[quote author=layzie post=100470299]

Op, follow this advice to avoid stories that touch.
If not your account would be frozen again. A lot of fraudsters get hold of people's accts and rush to transfer to pos operatives to withdraw thus making u an accomplice. Let all your withdrawal transactions be via a card. [/quote
]

Alright thanks
Re: My Bank Account Was Restricted By A Third Party. by dboY1123(m): 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
We have gone to the bank, myself and the guy..and he has paid to the bank as instructed by them..
They said they are going to mail Gtbank as soon as possible.

Please, where can I register for CAC of my business? And what are the things they might need from me to get it registered

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Most Embarrassing Moments In Police Detention / (video) Must Watch!! The Fearful Situation In Imo State Today / Moment Troops Stormed Kidnappers' Den In Imo State, Uncover Roasted Corpses.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.