Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,455 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Does God Exist Why Does He Delay - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist Why Does He Delay (1207 Views)

Does God Exist? / If Allah Is God, Why Does He Pray For Muhammad? Surah 33:43, 33:56, And 2:157? / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2021
sonmvayina:

Lol...This earth don tire you?..
I PREACH and TEACH everlasting life on Earth do you still remember? cheesy

Wahala, no dey......just sleep with your ancestors..
Haba Mr Reincarnation, i thought your teaching say people don't rest nah but change to something else!
Abeg which one you dey gangan? cheesy
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by sonmvayina(m): 4:30pm On Apr 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I PREACH and TEACH everlasting life on Earth do you still remember? cheesy

Haba Mr Reincarnation, i thought your teaching say people don't rest nah but change to something else!
Abeg which one you dey gangan? cheesy

Watvh the video and educate yourself.
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:34pm On Apr 05, 2021
He did that in the past but it wasn't appreciated so He made us His Witnesses and we are the greatest proof of His existence!

YES His book said so many things that's difficult for ordinary layman like you and i to believe, so don't think people like me believe in Him because of the book, rather we are believing in Him now because of the promises He made back then that those writing it themselves finds difficult to believe!

So while you are having issues with what happened back then, i am telling you now that even those whose eyes witnessed all those things also find it difficult to believe the evidence we are seeing today! smiley

FatherOfJesus:

The feeling his mutual bro, there’s no evidence he exist. That’s why he can’t defend himself here, he needs you to do that grin
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:36pm On Apr 05, 2021
Me, watch video, shebi you don watch am tire wetin dey your head pass confusion?
Abeg go and meet Nnamdi Kanu he needs boys to fight for him joh! cheesy

sonmvayina:

Watvh the video and educate yourself.
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by sonmvayina(m): 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Me, watch video, shebi you don watch am tire wetin dey your head pass confusion?
Abeg go and meet Nnamdi Kanu he needs boys to fight for him joh! cheesy

Lol..are you scared of getting sense?

You should not be scared...
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2021
I don't have time for what i can see from all indication that is nonsense.
For your information, it's after you've convinced a right thinking person that he/she will consider going further with you.
Since i've know you on NL there is nothing sensible that you've ever said before, so what is it that could move me to waste my data on those teaching you? cheesy
Let me enlighten you a bit!
I am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES today not because they show me any video but they came to my house and beat my intelligence with their teachings that's why i decided to know more from those teaching them.
But from all indication there is no sense in you definitely those teaching you have nothing to offer! cheesy

sonmvayina:

Lol..are you scared of getting sense?
You should not be scared...
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by FatherOfJesus: 5:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
He did that in the past but it wasn't appreciated so He made us His Witnesses and we are the greatest proof of His existence!

YES His book said so many things that's difficult for ordinary layman like you and i to believe, so don't think people like me believe in Him because of the book, rather we are believing in Him now because of the promises He made back then that those writing it themselves finds difficult to believe!

So while you are having issues with what happened back then, i am telling you now that even those whose eyes witnessed all those things also find it difficult to believe the evidence we are seeing today! smiley

There nothing difficult to understand in a virgin birth without fertilization 2000 years ago?

It’s you who doesn’t have the brain to figure how ridiculous that is grin

3 Likes

Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2021
I thought it's only Churchgoers that are good in insulting people who don't agree with them so atheists also do same.
This is awesome! cheesy

FatherOfJesus:

There nothing difficult to understand in a virgin birth without fertilization 2000 years ago?
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by sonmvayina(m): 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I don't have time for what i can see from all indication that is nonsense.
For your information, it's after you've convinced a right thinking person that he/she will consider going further with you.
Since i've know you on NL there is nothing sensible that you've ever said before, so what is it that could move me to waste my data on those teaching you? cheesy
Let me enlighten you a bit!
I am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES today not because they show me any video but they came to my house and beat my intelligence with their teachings that's why i decided to know more from those teaching them.
But from all indication there is no sense in you definitely those teaching you have nothing to offer! cheesy

So you got initiated into a cult. Odikwa nu risky. .do they even count jehovah witness as part of christianity?...i dont think so...

When you grow up, and have sense like me....you will undetstand what i know and believe. And you will appreciate me....and ask to drink in the fountain of my knowledge...i will surely oblidge you....
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by FatherOfJesus: 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I thought it's only Churchgoers that are good in insulting people who don't agree with them so atheists also do same.
This is awesome! cheesy

I am not abusing you, just want you to see has silly the Bible is and for those who believe in it.

It’s not as insult, it’s actually what it is.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:32pm On Apr 05, 2021
NO my friend that's frustration!

When you tried to change someone's mind but find it difficult to convince the person it's either you insult, abuse or curse the person.
That's exactly what frustrated religionsts also do! cheesy

FatherOfJesus:

I am not abusing you, just want you to see has silly the Bible is and for those who believe in it.
It’s not as insult, it’s actually what it is.
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Apr 26, 2023
arejibadz:
■ You need 1000 and you ask your earthly father who's worth millions won't he give it to you,then why does God who they claim owns everything delay to give you what you ask for?
1. Can you confirm that God is in fact your Heavenly Father? According to scripture, those who are Sons of God are those who are holy and righteous - John 8 vs 31 - 36 - those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Constitutional Law. God says He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them their heart's desire, so if your status is stuck on unrighteous still, then you best get to work doing something about that soonest so you can become a Son of God and your heavenly Father can then answer your every prayer. undecided
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On May 08, 2023
xproducer:
When we pray we ought to pray, by the Holy Spirit, according to the will of GOD. The Lord's Prayer is a good place to start in knowing how, and what GOD wants us to pray for - Matthew 6: 9-13

"Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures." - James 4:1-3
Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of pleas. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

You need to understand the meaning of the word "amiss" in order to realize what James was instead trying to tell you in that verse that you pulled from his epistle. If you consult Webster's dictionary, you will find that the word means to be in an imperfect state, a state that is not in the right order aka unrighteous.
Amiss

1. : not being in accordance with the right order. : faulty, imperfect.
What James was saying in that verse is that the reason you do not receive from God is that you are asking in an unrighteous state—a state that is not in accordance with God's mandate of righteousness. So, clearly, you cannot benefit anything from remaining in an unrighteous state as far as God is concerned. That is what God said, and James reiterated it in that verse there. undecided
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by xproducer: 12:39am On May 08, 2023
@ "kobo.."?!

Is all you convey on this forum not simply gibberish? The definition of gibberish is "unintelligible or meaningless language" and/or "pretentious or needlessly obscure language"

So, waste not your time... The Lord GOD reigns!

I want you to, particularly before you ever go on a post-responding rampage - to remember this word of GOD!

I Corinthians 13:1-13 NKJV

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On May 08, 2023
Myer:
Men will always make excuses for God. cheesy And keep recycling the same thing your pastors tell you when their prayers are unanswered. It's almost comical to watch.
That particular poster actually got it right. It is unrighteousness that hinders one from reaching God. Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of pleas. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. Scripture equally insists that your praises, works, offerings, etc., are rendered an abomination by your unrighteousness and hence cannot reach God. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers/praising/doing works or engaging in some other ritual in order to cause God to answer you, that only means you really don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who are loved by Him. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness in order that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. And as Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the one and only path to righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

You need to understand the meaning of the word "amiss" in order to realize what James was instead trying to tell you in that verse that you pulled from his epistle. If you consult Webster's dictionary, you will find that the word means to be in an imperfect state, a state that is not in the right order aka unrighteous.
Amiss

1. : not being in accordance with the right order. : faulty, imperfect.
What James was saying in that verse is that the reason you do not receive from God is that you are asking in an unrighteous state—a state that is not in accordance with God's mandate of righteousness. So, clearly, you cannot benefit anything from remaining in an unrighteous state as far as God is concerned. That is what God said, and James reiterated it in that verse there. undecided
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by jaephoenix(m): 4:05am On May 09, 2023
GeneralDae:
Well Jesus seemed to be saying: Just ask and seek, your heavenly father would give every good thing you desire to you. He would not give you snake, when you ask for bread.
He however tells you not to worry, for even the lilies in the field do not worry, but they appear even more beautiful than Solomon could ever dream of becoming, even in all his glory.

So the message is: Ask, seek, knock, but be anxious for nothing.

Your heavenly father already knows that you need these things, but seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and every other thing shall be added unto you.
How him go seek kingdom of god when he no get shishi to seek am?

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by jaephoenix(m): 4:06am On May 09, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Because it is not God who is supposed to give you but your fellow man whom God has given the advantage of surplus!
Yet god requires your money, not your fellow man?
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by jaephoenix(m): 4:08am On May 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
I told you several times but you just want to discard the truth. God never claimed to be all knowing in the sense you're thinking, yes He will make sure what He purposed will surely be but as for what each intelligent being endowed with freewill will do later He doesn't know unless if He picks interest a person. It's that single person He will focus on until the task He gave such a person is fulfilled He doesn't just pick interest in all Dickson and Harryson so don't expect Him to have persons like you in His mind! smiley
When He focus on an individual with the aim of using the person for a certain assignment yes He will use His power to discern what that person will do in line with his plans but that doesn't mean such a person can't change when distractions come in that's why Satan always try to distract God's servants because Satan knew very well that whoever God assign to carry out a certain task must be a faithful and loyal person (certified) but intelligent creatures can always be distracted!

As for the analogy i only used it to show you how stupid atheists are when they're trying to perceive the personality of God.

If your son can ask you intelligent questions it shows how fast such a child is in learning and God appreciate such persons.

Did you tear out the verses in the Bible that says Yahweh is all knowing?
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by jaephoenix(m): 4:11am On May 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
None of this relates to you who is not a believer, those words you're quoting are from those who love and care for His words {Deuteronomy 6:4-6} so His eyes are watching over them {2Chronicles 16:9 compare to Zachariah 2:8} not someone like you who doesn't care about finding what He meant so to him you're DEAD as in non-existence! Luke 9:60
So while those close to Him are on constant watch by His angels who are recording their deeds {Malachi 3:16} you on the other hand are nowhere to be found in those records {Revelations 20:15} so He doesn't even know that you exist at all! undecided

I noticed you jumped over all his verses backing Yahweh as all knowing and you attacked him. One of your regular arsenals you employ when stumped
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by jaephoenix(m): 4:12am On May 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Of course He only knows about those who are striving to draw closer to Him, He doesn't know all other things happening on planet earth and there is a reason for that! smiley

Whats the reason? grin
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by jaephoenix(m): 4:13am On May 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
He knows everything about His own friends even each strand of air on their heads is numbered but as for persons like you, He doesn't even know you exist! smiley

So he doesn't know everything about me? Ah, I'm relieved tongue
Glory be to Flying Spaghetti Monster
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by jaephoenix(m): 4:15am On May 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So where are those promises written? grin

Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by jaephoenix(m): 4:16am On May 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by jaephoenix(m): 4:17am On May 09, 2023
FatherOfJesus:

Or a talking snake and donkey.…
Hang on. I know a story about talking snakes and donkeys.. .
Jungle Book and Shrek
I know the events in those stories are fictions but somehow chrissies believe theirs is true

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by Dtruthspeaker: 7:19am On May 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Yet god requires your money, not your fellow man?

Where did you see God take your money?
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:42am On May 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

God made a promise that's really difficult to believe such a thing could be possible! Matthew 19:26

We all know how difficult it is for humans to agree on terms and conditions of peace keeping as people claiming peacekeepers also make use of force and weapons to kill those they're preaching PEACE to.

So when God promised that people from all races throughout the earth will find delight in His word (Bible) and agree to make use of this book to resolve their disparities among themselves, divert their resources into production of food and information materials, erased the making, buying, selling and usage of weapons and vow never to raise weapons against anyone again! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

Ọmọ even those writing this things down really find it difficult to believe so God ordered them to pen it down because this words are faithful and true! Revelations 21:5

So if you are seeing a group of people comprising of people from all races throughout the earth fulfilling this promise today yet doubting the Bible's Author i don't know what else to say to you! smiley
Re: Does God Exist Why Does He Delay by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:55am On May 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Or a talking snake and donkey.…
Hang on. I know a story about talking snakes and donkeys.. .
Jungle Book and Shrek
I know the events in those stories are fictions but somehow chrissies believe theirs is true

Someone tells me he made a fish to dance on dry land for more than 72 hours of course i will doubt his words and if he says lots and lots of strange things then i will keep his words in a cooler to be considered some other time. Then he goes on to make a promise extremely impossible surely i will wait to see how he fulfils it but if he's able to fulfill the impossible then i have no reason doubting whatever he says again! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bible Isn’t Wrong, You Are / Are You Religious Or Spiritual? / Prophecy 2008 By Pastor E.a. Adeboye.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.