Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Kano Is On Fire - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Is On Fire (13083 Views)

Reason Why Kano Is Continually Bombed - Cramjones / REVEALED: Emir Of Kano Is Allegedly Suicidal And Battling Clinical Depression / Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Is On Fire by clip: 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2011
Let the FG get troops to the affected area."My ambition does not worth anybody's body" said, the President and President-in-waiting.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Lagosboy: 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
auwal87:

I can confirm from reliable source that Emir's palace south entrance (Kofar kudu) too is burnt down.

I can also confirm from reliable source that Galadiman Kano's house, and Ghali Na'abba's house, and Aminu Wali's house were also burnt down.

I am happy the youths are wise and are not being tribalistic about this. They are targeting their grievance at their leaders who they believed sold them out. However, the voilence is not needed and somebodey should please calm them down.

Some results were rigged and they have a right to protest rigged elections.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Arosa(m): 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari and Atiku, should be held responsible for this.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by PapaBrowne(m): 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
Lagosboy:

Why are people blaming Buhari for this ? Some irate youths are going on rampage and people are screaming Buhari? Why is there no crises in his home state of Kastina.

The youths should calm down and not turn this int o a tribal thing. If they must fight let them fight their leaders who sold out.

All it takes for the violence to stop is for the leader of these guys,(Buhari) to come out and call for an end to the violence!! He started the call for violence by asking the illiterates to lynch election riggers without explaining to them what election rigging means. If he is a good leader and loves all Nigerians irrespective of your tribe or religion, he would call out on these people to stop the killing and violence. But as usual the General never condemns violence! He would probably not say a word!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by presido1: 12:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
Lagosboy:

I am happy the youths are wise and are not being tribalistic about this. They are targeting their grievance at their leaders who they believed sold them out. However, the voilence is not needed and somebodey should please calm them down.

By Burning down houses of those affected by the same rigging. You are the same with the pdp you love to hate.

GenBuhari:

[b]Elections were not free and fair and people have a right to protest[/b]Elections massively rigged.
It is harder to rig genuine online polls as below:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-585935.0.html
Hope your family stays in the note if you are not a northerner yourself.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by reindeer: 12:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
Why are people so myopic in this?
You may not like Buhari but jumping out to say it is his fault is just being plain mischievous.
They've burn down the Emir's, burnt down their leaders' and you're claiming Buhari.
You are no better than the people doing the burnings and looting if your reasoning is like this.
Let us be cautious and say what we know, not what we wish or out of hatred.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by PapaBrowne(m): 12:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
Lagosboy:

What results were rigged?? If any rigging took place it was underage voters in Northern Nigeria. My polling booth in the south south recorded 70% turnout with over 95% of voters voting PDP. This pattern reflected perfectly in the results so what rigging are U talking about??
Re: Kano Is On Fire by dazangel11(f): 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
They should kill themselves for all I care, but if those targeted in this senseless acts where southerners then ,  Stupid almangiris
Re: Kano Is On Fire by agabaI23(m): 12:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
dazangel11:

They should kill themselves for all I care, but if those targeted in this senseless acts where southerners then , Stupil almangiris
Every life is sacred. This trouble should stop.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by dasa: 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
Change never comes easy. The situation is made worse by Politicans like Buhari who have prematurely giving millions of illiterate supporters a reason to take to the streets by saying the elections where Rigged.

Why cant people accept defeat in our politics.

When you tell people to protect their votes, please tell them how to do it. many of them think they are protecting their votes by destroying property.

No matter what people say, the election was free and fair. and GEJ has won fairly.

Anarchist, will never succeed.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
All reliable online polls predicted a huge win fo Buhari

Nigerians have been cheate again  angry

Rigging must stop
Re: Kano Is On Fire by nwabobo: 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2011
scopusng:

not-so-smart person, go and hug a transformer. Daft

If e dey vex u, go hang for ceiling fan. GEJ has won and if he so desires, we would vote him in again come 2015!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by PapaBrowne(m): 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
reindeer:

Why are people so myopic in this?
You may not like Buhari but jumping out to say it is his fault is just being plain mischievous.
They've burn down the Emir's, burnt down their leaders' and you're claiming Buhari.
You are no better than the people doing the burnings and looting if your reasoning is like this.
Let us be cautious and say what we know, not what we wish or out of hatred.

Why is there no violence in the ACN's south west where PDP swept the elections Why is it only in areas where you have Buhari strongholds?? Buhari called for lynching without educating the illiterate voters that there is the very likely possibility of him losing!! Buhari can stop this violence by simply going to BBC Hausa service and calling on all his supporters to end the violence. But no, this has always been his plan. This country might just have to be split  so all this things can stop.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kilode1: 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
Feels like 1983 all over again. . .

Don't know how terribly they rigged this election, but there is a limit to how much you can push people. I feel sad for the innocent ones caught up in this nonsense. This is really unfortunate and sad.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Arosa(m): 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
I hate Buhari and his followers. angry
Re: Kano Is On Fire by nwabobo: 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

All reliable online polls predicted a huge win fo Buhari

Nigerians have been cheate again  angry

Rigging must stop

You think elections are conducted on the internet? How many of your almajiri brothers voted in those polls?

God pls let this be the end of Nigeria.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by EMPE: 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
Gen Buhari's reply to Aljazeera is a demonstration why he can never be Nigeria's  president. A man that supports violence and has refused to denounce violence. It is quite unfotunate.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Mkpotu(m): 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
Anyway, I am not surprise. I do not know how best to describe these Northern Hausas. I was in Kano during the 2007 election and for three (3) - four (4) days we did not leave our houses for work. Offices, banks, shops etc did not open, then it was during the controversy as to whether Mallam Shekarau won the Governorship election.

The Hausaa have been the highest beneficiary of Federal Government treasury. Under Military Regime, they were handing over power like baton to fellow Northerners/Hausas except for God's intervention that made it possible for OBJ to ascend to power because of the death of his boss, Murtala. To a Northerner, it is their birth right to rule Nigeria but I thank God that we Southerners have opened our eyes and we are gradually coming together.

I know they will continue to vandalize property, kill and maim people because GOODLUCK JONATHAN a Southerner had won the election.

Our brothers in the North, Christians in the North etc be watchful and arm yourselves to avoid being taken unaware, those guys are heartless, there is no doubt about. It is the simple truth.

GOODLUCK NIGERIA!!!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
One funny message flying around Kano.  grin

"They told me Jonathan has won, if you don't like it go and hug transformer. I did hugged the transformer but didn't die. You know why? Light no dey there for the past twelve years."  grin

A reporter confirmed to me that Emir was flown in a helicopter to the Airport, likely will be flown out of the country. The governor is no where to be found, as the government house is surrounded by the hoodlums, the police fire in the air, but they are not running away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Is On Fire by maclatunji: 12:51pm On Apr 18, 2011
In any country, there are people who are willing to go into violence for whatever reason. It is the job of the government to prevent such. Where the government fails, it is either because it is the cause of the violence or it is incompetent. Either way it is the people that bear the brunt.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by PapaBrowne(m): 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kilode?!:

Feels like 1983 all over again. . .

Don't know how terribly they rigged this election, but there is a limit to how much you can push people. I feel sad for the innocent ones caught up in this nonsense. This is really unfortunate and sad.

Kilode?, you are one of the most sensible fellows on Nairaland. I ask you, do you sincerely believe these elections were rigged?? If so, how?? I voted in the south south and my polling booth, located in a highbrow area recorded a turnout of 70+% with 510+ voters. The results were: PDP:479, ACN:17, CPC:12. My polling booth corresponded perfectly with the voting patterns across the south south and south east. So please explain to me how the elections were rigged??
Re: Kano Is On Fire by strangest(m): 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2011
Abeg, violence is not the way to go,
Re: Kano Is On Fire by maclatunji: 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
Radio Nigeria is calling for the intervention of security agencies in parts of Abuja!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by nortyd: 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2011
my husband is in Bauchi doing his nysc right now hes just phoned me in uk and described it as a war zone i just hope and pray the loss of innocent peoples life is minimal
Re: Kano Is On Fire by hercules07: 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Papabrowne

The elections were rigged, the riggers did not even do a good job, they should have left the votes in the SS and SE alone as Jonathan was going to win them anyway, no, they had to go all out to inflate the figures with the over 97 percent success that he had in those places.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by hercules07: 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari should come out to douse the tensions in those places, Jonathan should send in troops to guarantee lives and property, INEC should please investigate this elections.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by obinon(m): 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2011
The same thing is happening here in plateau state,make dey go rest jor,GOODLUCK don win tongue
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Lagosboy: 1:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
The SS and SE were massvely rigged and i believe so.

It is only in the SW the election were not rigged and GEJ won hands down.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by agoshofin(m): 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
hercules07:

@Papabrowne

The elections were rigged, the riggers did not even do a good job, they should have left the votes in the SS and SE alone as Jonathan was going to win them anyway, no, they had to go all out to inflate the figures with the over 97 percent success that he had in those places.
true, similar to the report I got in Edo state.
auwal87:

One funny message flying around Kano.  grin

"They told me Jonathan has won, if you don't like it go and hug transformer. I did hugged the transformer but didn't die. You know why? Light no dey there for the past twelve years."  grin

Lives r more sacred dan all these,

Wuse here in Abuja too is heating up! NO GO AREA!

A reporter confirmed to me that Emir was flown in a helicopter to the Airport, likely will be flown out of the country. The governor is no where to be found, as the government house is surrounded by the hoodlums, the police fire in the air, but they are not running away.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by maclatunji: 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Kilode?, you are one of the most sensible fellows on Nairaland. I ask you, do you sincerely believe these elections were rigged?? If so, how?? I voted in the south south and my polling booth, located in a highbrow area recorded a turnout of 70+% with 510+ voters. The results were: PDP:479, ACN:17, CPC:12. My polling booth corresponded perfectly with the voting patterns across the south south and south east. So please explain to me how the elections were rigged??

It is alleged to have happened in the not-so-high-brow areas where CPC agents were said to have been chased away and electoral observers couldn't or wouldn't reach. Another matter is the allegation of N3 billion per state Governor story to buy votes. These are questions nobody is asking and it does cast doubts on the validity of the results even if Jonathan won. He had created room for reactions like this by not being 100 per cent transparent with his electioneering campaign.

Anyway, he is able to quell the violence, he is the COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF NIGERIA'S ARMED FORCES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by otokx(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
Is this some kind of a joke?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by daroz(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Why is there no violence in the ACN's south west where PDP swept the elections Why is it only in areas where you have Buhari strongholds?? Buhari called for lynching without educating the illiterate voters that there is the very likely possibility of him losing!! Buhari can stop this violence by simply going to BBC Hausa service and calling on all his supporters to end the violence. But no, this has always been his plan. This country might just have to be split  so all this things can stop.
dasa:

Change never comes easy. The situation is made worse by Politicans like Buhari who have prematurely giving millions of illiterate supporters a reason to take to the streets by saying the elections where Rigged.

Why cant people accept defeat in our politics.

When you tell people to protect their votes, please tell them how to do it. many of them think they are protecting their votes by destroying property.

No matter what people say, the election was free and fair. and GEJ has won fairly.

Anarchist, will never succeed.

Everything about these northerners disgust me. I have said it times without number, no matter how our leaders pretends, we can never never live as one. They belong to another part of the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain / 100 Days After, Governor Douye Diri Yet To Form Cabinet / Troops Kill 25 Bandits, Arrest 155 Others In Northwest – DHQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.