Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Kano Is On Fire - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Is On Fire (13088 Views)

Reason Why Kano Is Continually Bombed - Cramjones / REVEALED: Emir Of Kano Is Allegedly Suicidal And Battling Clinical Depression / Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Is On Fire by otukpo(f): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
BUHARI AND HIS SUPPORTERS, CRY BABIES
Re: Kano Is On Fire by presido1: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
Confirmed bomb scare in Wuse market Abuja.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by queensmith: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
Such a shame, such a big big shame, I received some very disturbing images on bb messenger. Why must things always come to this?
I blame the current government, they have spent all the years of Nigerias soo called democracy to steal as much as they could without even thinking of the repercussions. Now illiteracy and glorified terror from our own youths cause more deaths than disease.
Its such a dem shame  sad sad cry a dem shame!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by agabaI23(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
^^^ is it the picture of the lady cut into two?

That is said to be an old picture of a victim of a train accident in portharcourt
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Okijajuju1(m): 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
These Almajiris want to spoil our fresh air,

/Goodluck Jonathan should issue a - shoot at sight order to the military//

This is a call to distabilize his govt to encourage a military coup,
Re: Kano Is On Fire by maclatunji: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
nortyd:

my husband is in Bauchi doing his nysc right now hes just phoned me in uk and described it as a war zone i just hope and pray the loss of innocent peoples life is minimal

My thoughts are with you and your husband. I hope [b]PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN [/b]will do his job. All of you people shouting Buhari are just hypocrites. He is not the President, it is the job of the President to stop this!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by EzeUche2(m): 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
Why must I be in a country with these people?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by okosodo: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2011
It is only in the North that these things happen and our one sided military is not called to intervene
Re: Kano Is On Fire by OmoTier1(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Why is there no violence in the ACN's south west where PDP swept the elections Why is it only in areas where you have Buhari strongholds?? Buhari called for lynching without educating the illiterate voters that there is the very likely possibility of him losing!! Buhari can stop this violence by simply going to BBC Hausa service and calling on all his supporters to end the violence. But no, this has always been his plan. This country might just have to be split  so all this things can stop.
you just wait until next week tuesday for the HOA & GOV. elections if the odds go against ACN and you will know that "Wild wild West" isn't a fairy tale as such.

While we condemn violence in everyway, the leaders in the North who used thier base as a rigging bunker for PDP will be the loosers in this madness.

You keep acqusing Buhari of not quelling the youth, you forgot that Buhari is not a leader in the north. The youths only admire himnfor his trueness and integrity, hence the violent protest by these youth is as a result the provocation of votes manipulation in the presidential election which is even obvious upto the point where results are being rejected at collation center in Abuja due discrepancies to great to ignore according to the respected INEC chairman -JEGA.

Before you accuse Buhari, you should first of ask GEJ to go stop the crminality in our own niger-delta with women and children being raped on the waterways every day.

I SEE THROUGH THE "LENS OF TRUTH" AND I SPEAK WITH "A TOUGUE OF JUSTICE" - uf.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kobojunkie: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
maclatunji:

It is alleged to have happened in the not-so-high-brow areas where CPC agents were said to have been chased away and electoral observers couldn't or wouldn't reach. Another matter is the allegation of N3 billion per state Governor story to buy votes. These are questions nobody is asking and it does cast doubts on the validity of the results even if Jonathan won. He had created room for reactions like this by not being 100 per cent transparent with his electioneering campaign.

Anyway, he is able to quell the violence, he is the COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF NIGERIA'S ARMED FORCES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

WOW . . . you do speak from both sides of your mouth, don't ya?  undecided undecided Glad to know you are able to see things as they are from time to time.
Omo_Tier1:

You keep acqusing Buhari of not quelling the youth, you forgot that Buhari is not a leader in the north. The youths only admire himnfor his trueness and integrity, hence the violent protest by these youth is as a result the provocation of votes manipulation in the presidential election which is even obvious upto the point where results are being rejected at collation center in Abuja due discrepancies to great to ignore according to the respected INEC chairman -JEGA.
Thank you for stating the obvious . . . . most of the reports coming in so far have yet to link the occurrence in the North to CPC but our ever forward beings on here have conveniently created a story of how Buhari is responsible for it all.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by EzeUche2(m): 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
We should send Kobojunkie up there and see how the Buhari people will treat her.  angry

One Naija indeed.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by stiyke(m): 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

Elections were clearly massivley rigged

Buhari is the true president:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-585935.0.html

You are a reflection of your General my backside. I did vote in Enugu, at my polling unit it was ACN: 1, ANPP:2, CPC: 9: PDC: 6 PDP 265.
Go hug transformer if u like. It was not rigged and ppl here hardly even know which party Buhari is under.

There is 24hr curfew in Kaduna state now. I was told helicopters are all over the skies there. My brother said soldiers are all over the streets now.
Buhari has just shown us that we made the right choice not to vote him!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by namfav(m): 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
the youth in the north have every right to protest, protests are protected under the constitution, the elections were rigged and jonathan should not be accepted as leader until inec reviews the results and the process
Re: Kano Is On Fire by sartorius(m): 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
No justification gen buhari this is total madness. Even if gej rigged to win which wasn't the case, is the tribunal not there.no wonder he said he wouldn't go to the tribunal. Its this the kind of leader that some were clamouring for. He is the only one that can calm the almajris down
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Rossikk(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2011
All this will quieten down after two days.

Anyone who takes it further is simply signing their own death warrant.

The nation and its military will not stand for it.

President-elect Goodluck Jonathan has our mandate to crush all violent opposition to his rule with all the resources at his disposal.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by maclatunji: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . . you do speak from both sides of your mouth, don't ya?  undecided undecided
Kobojunkie, is GEJ not the President of Nigeria? Or you do not want him to stop the VIOLENCE? So to say that there are reports of rigging and to ask the sitting President to stop violence is speaking from both sides of the mouth, abi? So what would you have me say?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by queensmith: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2011
namfav:

the youth in the north have every right to protest, protests are protected under the constitution, the elections were rigged and jonathan should not be accepted as leader until inec reviews the results and the process

you call maiming innocent people protesting? is that what you were taught?

stiyke:

You are a reflection of your General my backside. I did vote in Enugu, at my polling unit it was ACN: 1, ANPP:2, CPC: 9: PDC: 6 PDP 265.
Go hug transformer if u like. It was not rigged and ppl here hardly even know which party Buhari is under.

There is 24hr curfew in Kaduna state now. I was told helicopters are all over the skies there. My brother said soldiers are all over the streets now.
GBAM!!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by amumex: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2011
My Joy today is that our Nigerians are now wiser than before.Again a fool will forever remain FOOL.
An honest and True leader will surely win election in this country. we are now in a New Era.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Rossikk(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
EzeUche said:

We should send Kobojunkie up there and see how the Buhari people will treat her. 

One Naija indeed.

If she's brought before Buhari, he'd probably address her in Hausa, and if she doesn't respond fluently, his thugs would chase her out of his presence.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by namfav(m): 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
queensmith:

you call maiming innocent people protesting? is that what you were taught?

who are those innocent people?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kobojunkie: 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
stiyke:

queensmith:

GBAM!!

How did you link this one to Buhari? Buhari is not from Kaduna. His party lost out in Kaduna during the NASS election. The papers claim there was a clash between CPC people and PDP people since that is Sambo's State, and CPC already won in that state. So pray tell, how did you come about linking this one to Buhari himself? This is pretending this has nothing to do with ethnic bigotry of some sort.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Mariory(m): 1:25pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

most of the reports coming in so far have yet to link the occurrence in the North to CPC but our ever forward beings on here have conveniently created a story of how Buhari is responsible for it all.

Kobojunkie:

How did you link this one to Buhari? Buhari is not from Kaduna. His party lost out in Kaduna during the NASS election. The papers claim there was a clash between CPC people and PDP people since that is Sambo's State, and CPC already won in that state. So pray tell, how did you come about linking this one to Buhari himself? This is pretending this has nothing to do with ethnic bigotry of some sort.

What a load of nonsense. There are several reports from witnesses (ordinary people and reporters themselves) that these people are indeed Buhari supporters.

The riots are taking place in CPC strongholds.

The rioters are shouting "we want Buhari"

They don't even have the support of all Northerners. This is simply Buhari trying to remain relevant after being destroyed at the polls by the majority of nigerians. We shall see what will happen when they try to leave their CPC strongholds to 'riot'
Re: Kano Is On Fire by EzeUche2(m): 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
Rossikk:

All this will quieten down after two days.

Anyone who takes it further is simply signing their own death warrant.

The nation and its military will not stand for it.

President-elect Goodluck Jonathan has our mandate to crush all violent opposition to his rule with all the resources at  his disposal.

No it will not be over. Then they will plot to see how they can bring Nigeria to its knees. Remember all was quiet for a few months with Ironsi, but we seen what happened to him.

Goodluck should surround himself with Igbos and Niger Delta people to protect him!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by presido1: 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
namfav:

who are those innocent people?
The Emir, Galadima and others they almajis burnt their houses.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kilode1: 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Kilode?, you are one of the most sensible fellows on Nairaland. I ask you, do you sincerely believe these elections were rigged?? If so, how?? I voted in the south south and my polling booth, located in a highbrow area recorded a turnout of 70+% with 510+ voters. The results were: PDP:479, ACN:17, CPC:12. My polling booth corresponded perfectly with the voting patterns across the south south and south east. So please explain to me how the elections were rigged??

My bro, so that I don't go repeating myself over and over again. This was my comment about the contested election result before I went to bed yesterday:

Kilode?!:

BTW, I'm not part of the discussion about SE, SS votes, like I said earlier, they are not too shocking. I can't be bothered really. SW recorded between 85-90% for Bashorun MKO Abiola in 1993. Nigeria is a country were data cannot be trusted, a part of our legacy of misrule and systemic failure. That places all of you number analysts in a difficult situation.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=648868.msg8152035#msg8152035

Kilode?!:

BTW, these results are not too shocking, maybe 90% is strange and over 60% turnout is statistically difficult, but looking at the sentiments against Buhari in those parts, it really doesn't matter. I don't think his approval rating would have attracted more than 10% of the votes in those SS and SE states.

No I don't find the votes cast in the South surprising, they might be statistically funny but not impossible considering the sentiments against Buhari and for Jonathan.

Now my real gripe, which I've written about several times on these forum is with the "Nigerian Structure" itself.That was why i said, "it feels like 1983 all over again". . .

When South Westerners felt cheated out of their votes by Obasanjo(central power) Akinjide and Shagari, they responded the same way. If we go further back, some will argue that the Biafra struggle was for similar reasons.

WE NEED TO RESTRUCTURE THIS COUNTRY!

Today, the South-South people got their son in power and I feel happy for them because frankly they deserve it, but Nigeria cannot continue to survive his Stvpid system that was imposed on us.

We need to devolve and reduce the power of the Central federal government. All politics are local, but in Nigeria our politicians run to the center when they want to ra.p/e their people. So when the people become frustrated, we get this kind of reactions. We are all to blame for it.

Papabrowne, this is the sad legacy of Pro-center, pro-status quo, military-politicians like OBJ and co.

I have to say that the Northerners too were supporters of this fraud because their leaders have benefitted the most from this nonsense Nigerian arrangement and they kept supporting it. Now they see how it feels.

I detest violence and I condemn these attacks. I hope those who believe Nigerians deserves better than this lopsided system will seize the moment though and work to restructure this country.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kobojunkie: 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
Mariory:

What a load of nonsense. There are several reports from witnesses (ordinary people and reporters themselves) that these people are indeed Buhari supporters.

The riots are taking place in CPC strongholds.

The rioters are shouting "we want Buhari"

They don't even have the support of all Northerners. This is simply Buhari trying to remain relevant after being destroyed at the polls by the majority of nigerians. We shall see what will happen when they try to leave their CPC strongholds to 'riot'

Dude, stop INCITING folks with nonsense logic . . . CPC already won Kaduna, so again reports claim there was a clash between Sambo and Buhari supporters in Sambo's own State. Why are you folks making this about Buhari. Why not Sambo? Or even common sense reigns, why not those we know actually control the situation in those areas--- like in jos -- the leaders??

[size=13pt]

As soon as Sambo and his wife alerted from their vehicle, there was a rousing cheers from the PDP supporters, who clapped for him.

However, the CPC members responded by chanting "CPC Changi, Sai Buhari."

The polling unit soon became tense and almost chaotic as supporters of the two political parties engaged themselves in a war of slogans and confrontation.

As a result of the tension that was building up at the polling unit, security was reinforced as a combined team of armed mobile police, SSS, Civil Defence and the army was deployed to the area as the vice president returned to the polling unit to cast his vote.[/size]
Re: Kano Is On Fire by nusdog: 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
Why is it that there was no looting and burning of houses in the South when Yaradua, a northerner, won in the most rigged election in 2007?

This 'born to rule' mentality of these people caused by successive military regime by mostly northerners is really annoying.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by stiyke(m): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

How did you link this one to Buhari? Buhari is not from Kaduna. His party lost out in Kaduna during the NASS election. The papers claim there was a clash between CPC people and PDP people since that is Sambo's State, and CPC already won in that state.  So pray tell, how did you come about linking this one to Buhari himself? This is pretending this has nothing to do with ethnic bigotry of some sort.

Must i explain it to you?? sometimes your arguments and talk defy reason. So please madam Kobojunk why are they rioting?? Tell me why they are rioting then i can show you the link to buhari. Dont say you dont know cause you are obviously Buhari supporter and i guess its the ones you and Buhari mentored that are burning houses.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Arosa(m): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari is officially enemy of state.  angry
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kobojunkie: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
[size=13pt]

As soon as Sambo and his wife alerted from their vehicle, there was a rousing cheers from the PDP supporters, who clapped for him.

However, the CPC members responded by chanting "CPC Changi, Sai Buhari."

The polling unit soon became tense and almost chaotic as supporters of the two political parties engaged themselves in a war of slogans and confrontation.

As a result of the tension that was building up at the polling unit, security was reinforced as a combined team of armed mobile police, SSS, Civil Defence and the army was deployed to the area as the vice president returned to the polling unit to cast his vote.[/size]

http://allafrica.com/stories/201104180825.html

How does that now get bent to read Buhari started it??
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Mariory(m): 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Dude, stop INCITING folks with nonsense logic . . . CPC already won Kaduna, so again reports claim there was a clash between Sambo and Buhari supporters in Sambo's own State. Why are you folks making this about Buhari. Why not Sambo? Or even common sense reigns, why not those we know actually control the situation in those areas--- like in jos -- the leaders??

If you know nothing about the situation just stop talking and watch. It's not compulsory you speak.

KANO, Nigeria (Reuters) – Security forces fired in the air and used teargas across Nigeria's largely Muslim north Monday to try to quell protests over the election victory of President Goodluck Jonathan.

The vote count showed Jonathan, from the southern oil-producing Niger Delta, had beaten Muhammadu Buhari, a former military ruler from the north, in the first round.

Observers have called the poll the fairest in decades in Africa's most populous nation but Buhari's supporters accuse the ruling party of rigging. Results show how politically polarized the country is, with Buhari sweeping states in the Muslim north and Jonathan winning the largely Christian south.

Plumes of smoke rose into the air in parts of the northern city of Kaduna as protesters set fire to barricades of tyres. Groups of youths shouted "We want Buhari, we want Buhari."

Residents in the town of Zaria said a church was burned overnight and soldiers dispersed scuffles between rival supporters at the gates of the Emir's palace.

"They have destroyed our cars and our houses. I had to run for my life and I am now in my neighbor's house," said Dora Ogbebor a resident of the town of Zaria whose origins are in the south.

. . .
News Article

ABUJA, Nigeria – Angry opposition supporters in Nigeria's Muslim north set fire to homes bearing ruling party banners Monday and heavy gunfire rang out in several towns as election officials released results showing the Christian incumbent had gained an insurmountable lead.

Results were still pending in four states from Saturday's election but tallies released live on national television indicated President Goodluck Jonathan had a commanding lead of more than 11 million votes and only about 6 million were left to be announced. The Muslim north had largely voted for former military ruler Muhammadu Buhari.

Witnesses said youths in the northern city of Kano were setting fires to homes that bore Jonathan party banners. Heavy gunfire also could be heard. An Associated Press reporter there saw hundreds of youths carrying wooden planks in the street, shouting "Only Buhari" in the local Hausa language.

. . .
News Article
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Sunofgod(m): 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW

This is going to backfire on the North -  Big Time.

The Riggers were out Rigged and now the want to engage in violence?

No Wahala. . . . . .

They will soon see who's in charge.

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x3j3Ks3rjk[/flash]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/425354_goat_rigging_jpg831bf057f170f5745a6a651207e03ce8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. / GAC Tackles Aregbesola, Mandate Group Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet / Ogun Poly Takes Off May — Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.