Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Kano Is On Fire - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Is On Fire (13087 Views)

Reason Why Kano Is Continually Bombed - Cramjones / REVEALED: Emir Of Kano Is Allegedly Suicidal And Battling Clinical Depression / Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 2:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
So far the results shows CPC with 10,371,537.

Result from 4 more states which includes Borno, Taraba, Yobe, and Gombe, are still pending.

Borno has 2,730,368 registered voters
Taraba has 1,308,106 registered voters
Yobe has 1,182,230 registered voters
Gombe has 1,266,993 registered voters
Re: Kano Is On Fire by boycottam: 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
This is not always about the north vs south. this is what happens when you've repeatedly failed a young/growing populace. P'raps if the PDP had given the ppl hope in the past 12 years-hope, good jobs, good helthcare it wouldn't have come to this. They all deserve themselves
Re: Kano Is On Fire by presido1: 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
boycottam:

This is not always about the north vs south. this is what happens when you've repeatedly failed a young/growing populace. P'raps if the PDP had given the ppl hope in the past 12 years-hope, good jobs, good helthcare it wouldn't have come to this. They all deserve themselves
Lame lame lame, PDP also ruled the south why are they not burnning and killing people in the south. Is south ruled by another party?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by booboo79: 2:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
The major pblm in this country is that we always shy from the truth.
Every body is blaming Buhari? why because he contested, lost and some unfortunately, forsaken,generationless youths decided to take laws into our hands?
i didnt vote  for GEJ not becos i dont like him, but because HE IS NOT FIRM AS A PRESIDENT
he has won a free n fair elections,there4 he must stand firm to protect lives & ppty

i have said it on this forum times w/o numbers that all GEJ does during crises is to tell us that perpetrators would not go unpunish.".  has he apprehend any 1/ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

GEJ , pls be a man and bring those behind all these tbls to justice, you knw them

A Sheperd always protect his flocks
Re: Kano Is On Fire by OAM4J: 2:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
EzeUche_:

Buhari is not fit to rule me. No more Northerners shall rule the people of the South.

Statements like the bold is the reason why we are having this problem.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by yomifoster: 2:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
kildran:

To all those who said Buhari won the online polls, I say to them let him be the online president

You have simply said my mind and God bless you for that. All hail Buhari, the on-line president. He should go ahead and get sworn in by those who voted for him on-line. Im so sad and shocked as a pastor that Pastor Tunde Bakare who chose to do more of confident talking than appealing for votes, could not bring sanity into the head of his satanic cohorts. The confidence of the CPC was so much that they treated the proposed alliance with the ACN with disdain. Even on election day, Pastor (Mallam) or is he still a pastor, Tunde Bakare was talking as if he has been shown his room in Aso Villa. Expectedly, he lost even at the polling booth where he voted. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I believe accepting the will of God is part of Christian belief. Mallam Tunde Bakare has simply lost touch with his roots.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Excllncy(m): 2:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
Guess what! My mind right now goes to our much respected Pastor Tunde Bakare. Why on earth will he align himself with these blood suckers? I expect him to say something now, cos I’m still wandering if he doesn’t know the history of Nigeria. May God forgive him if he has made a mistake.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Ogbonaikenna(m): 2:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
Must we live as one country? The answer is No. GEJ divide this country NOW
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Ogbonaikenna(m): 2:53pm On Apr 18, 2011
Must we live as one country? The answer is No. GEJ divide this country NOW
Re: Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
Official results shows PDP with 21,429,283 votes.

PDP have swept 31 states already with the required 25% lead.

CPC have 25% in only 13 states.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Lagosboy: 2:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
Nigeria sai Buhari wallahi. God purnish all pdp dia. We dnt hav biz wit any innocient persons. We knw our targets. Wallahi General will never stop us. We r d 1 cheated nt General. Allah ya tsinewa Jonadan, sambo, yakowa, bala, pastor nyako, pastor shema, pastor aliu,pastor dakin gari,pastor talban,ibb,ciroma,atiku,ali gusau,azazi,pastor lamido, shaidanu jang, pastor idris, naughty person sani danger and e.t.c. your lives is in our hand by God grace. your days r all numbered.

This is post on FB by pataki and from a northerner

The good thing here is these people know their targets, they are not killing innocent people, they are targeting those who betrayed them, they have burnt Naába´s house, Tofas house and they know the PDP riggers in chief who rigged.

They should not forget to kick out Lamido, Yuguda, Nyako and other looters in chief. If they dont, the governorship election will also be rigged.

As long as these people dont kill innocents, burn churches and their attacks are against their oppressors amongs the hausa elite, I say they have a right to protest just the same way the egyptian, Tunisian , yemeni youths burnt down their symbols of oppression
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
^^^^ Source
Re: Kano Is On Fire by naso2(m): 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

rubbish!

Buhari won!

Why did GEJ not do well in the online polls?
explain that

Online polls with your multiple IDs? sorry to ask , how old are you?

Well the certficate for online polls can only be given by seun. ask him.

Ok i hereby declare Buhari of Crying Peoples Congress the president of Nairaland republic.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
booboo79:

The major pblm in this country is that we always shy from the truth.
Every body is blaming Buhari? why because he contested, lost and some unfortunately, forsaken,generationless youths decided to take laws into our hands?
i didnt vote  for GEJ not becos i dont like him, but because HE IS NOT FIRM AS A PRESIDENT
[size=14pt]he has won a free n fair elections,there4 he must stand firm to protect lives & ppty
[/size]

There is really where all this should be at . What are the authorities doing?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by DASLEEKY: 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
I qoute a friend
[size=24pt]Jonathan Won, We all lost![/size]
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Excllncy(m): 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
@booboo79 - unfortunately there is little or nothing anybody can do to these almajiri soldiers. They are not school products and cannot be tamed even in the best school on earth. They can’t even be inculcated into the military because they are illiterate and are dangerously indiscipline. Unfortunately too, Buhari is part of their problem.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
Excllncy:

@booboo79 - unfortunately there is little or nothing anybody can do to these almajiri soldiers. They are not school products and cannot be tamed even in the best school on earth. They can’t even be inculcated into the military because they are illiterate and are dangerously indiscipline. Unfortunately too, Buhari is part of their problem.

How?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by naso2(m): 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
Excllncy:

Guess what! My mind right now goes to our much respected Pastor Tunde Bakare. Why on earth will he align himself with these blood suckers? I expect him to say something now, cos I’m still wandering if he doesn’t know the history of Nigeria. May God forgive him if he has made a mistake.

If bakare makes any unguarded statement now, he will be cooling off with the SSS. i SWEAR.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
Borno and Yobe results are out:

Yobe
CPC - 337,537 - 54.26%
PDP - 117,128 18.83%

Borno
CPC - 909,763 - 77.25%
PDP - 207,075 17.58%

CPC now have 15 states with 25% required votes and 11,618,837 simple majority votes.
PDP still holds 31 states with 25% required votes and 21,753,486 simple majority votes.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by booboo79: 3:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ Excllncy i can imagine seing Buhari as the pblm.
can you also imagine this kind of sensless behaviours happening during Baba's time.
let tell the truth, if GEJ cannot handle troublemakers, bombers  etc being Naija No 1 citizen with its attendance powers, then when can he do it.? when he becomes White house No 1?

abeg, GEJ shld wake up to his responsibility NOW
Re: Kano Is On Fire by bkbabe97y(m): 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
Why should Buhari or his Vice say anything? Are you guys this blind to see that the ones formenting these uprisings are the ones who REALLY lost power with GEJ's Election: THE OLD GUARD!!! IBB, CIROMA, ATIKU AND CO

Buhari did not "Lose"; he Lost [/b]an [b]Election---- BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

He asked for votes, he didnt get 'em. The Old Northern Brigade rejected him. They spread rumors saying he was corrupt, Islamist, Tribalist----name the insult, they dished it out. The South picked up on the rumors and ran with it; even though in their hearts of hearts they knew it was all lies.

Buhari is not a Northern leader, he's just a Presidential aspirant of Northern Origin.

Your sights should be set on those, OUT OF POWER, that WONT HAVE ACCESS TO THE NIGERIAN TREASURY and would be real mad right about now.

Only blame Buhari if you can convince yourself that he was trying to become President just to come loot the Treasury. . . . . .
Re: Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
24 hours Curfew has been imposed in Kaduna and Kano
Re: Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
I can confirm that some churches were also torched, I will try and get some pics
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
auwal87:

Borno and Yobe results are out:

Yobe
CPC - 337,537 - 54.26%
PDP - 117,128 18.83%

Borno
CPC - 909,763 - 77.25%
PDP - 207,075 17.58%

CPC now have 15 states with 25% required votes and 11,618,837 simple majority votes.
PDP still holds 31 states with 25% required votes and 21,753,486 simple majority votes.

So what does that mean?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 3:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
babaearly:

So what does that mean?

It means Jonathan is the new president of Nigeria. It means PDP will continue to lead the country for some 4 years to come. It means Power to the People will continue to suck-away Power to the Nation (They will remain in darkness). As I am preparing to permanently leave the country. It means Nigeria will have the most clue-less, useless, president for the next 4 years. It means Nigeria will commit 40% of its budget to the entertainment industry in the next 4 years to come.

It means a lot!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by monkeyleg: 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2011
Response from Buhari on his Facebook page

We condemn ANY and EVERY form of violence. Buhari lost elections in 2003 and 2007 and went to court. He WILL NEVER resort to violence. We ask that all our supporters and all Nigerians to remain peaceful and law abiding citizens of Nigeria.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Lagosboy: 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
monkeyleg:

We condemn ANY and EVERY form of violence. Buhari lost elections in 2003 and 2007 and went to court. He WILL NEVER resort to violence. We ask that all our supporters and all Nigerians to remain peaceful and law abiding citizens of Nigeria.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Mariory(m): 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
For those jihadists telling us innocents are being left alone. For those jihadists telling us only property of politicians are being attacked.

KANO, Nigeria (Reuters) – Rioting in cities across northern Nigeria has killed many people with homes, churches and mosques set ablaze, the Nigerian Red Cross said on Monday.

"There has been trouble in at least Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Adamawa, Niger and Jigawa. Churches, mosques and houses have been burned," Red Cross official Umar Mairiga said.

"A lot of people have been killed but early reports are still coming in and we are not in a position to give a figure. All our volunteers are on standby so when the situation calms down they can be deployed," he told Reuters.

News Link
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Mariory(m): 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
monkeyleg:

Too f**king late. They are no longer fooling anyone. Those that were undecided before now have first hand evidence of what Buhari and his people are about.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
See what I mean? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Kano Is On Fire by teskyg: 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2011
Muslims,Muslims, again, where is Buhari?He cant adress his supporters
Re: Kano Is On Fire by dayokanu(m): 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
If Buhari was the one who incited the riots, Can we also say it was Jonathan who incited the bombings in the Niger-Delta?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boko Haram Sponsorship: No Secret Trial For Ndume —court / EFCC Probes N60bn ‘budget Padding’ Vote For Senators / Confusion Over Buhari’s $30bn Loan Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.