Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Kano Is On Fire - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Is On Fire (13089 Views)

Reason Why Kano Is Continually Bombed - Cramjones / REVEALED: Emir Of Kano Is Allegedly Suicidal And Battling Clinical Depression / Igbo Killing In Kano Is False - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Is On Fire by Mariory(m): 4:20pm On Apr 18, 2011
I have never been alarmist. But Buhari's boys may indeed have driven the final death nail into Nigeria.

ABUJA, Nigeria – Angry opposition supporters in Nigeria's Muslim north set fire to homes bearing ruling party banners Monday and heavy gunfire rang out in several towns as election officials released results showing the Christian incumbent had gained an insurmountable lead.

Results from Saturday's election released live on national television indicated President Goodluck Jonathan had a commanding lead of more than 10 million votes with only two states left to be announced. The Muslim north had largely voted for former military ruler Muhammadu Buhari.

. . .

Federal emergency management agency spokesman Yushua Shuaib declined to release casualty figures out of fears it would further stoke sectarian violence.

"Such a thing can encourage a reprisal attack," he said.

. . .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110418/ap_on_re_af/af_nigeria_election
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Kilode1: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2011
Mariory:

Too f**king late. They are no longer fooling anyone. Those that were undecided before now have first hand evidence of what Buhari and his people are about.

My brother You are being unfair to Buhari. He's been down this road before and did not incite violence, The people of the North have never been down this road in a long time.

See the difference?

We all need to look a bit deeper and cast our eyes beyond these names, Nigeria needs to be restructured. This is a good opportunity to propose that.

I hope we will not go back to bribing these stvpid leaders with billions till when another section feels cheated again cos they lost access to Federal Oyel money.

This is not about Buhari, this is about the Injustice of the Nigerian system.

This is our "Archduke Franz Ferdinand" moment, we can take advantage of it or let it deteriorate into anarchy.

I hope we have leaders with the balls to face the real issues, else we will get calmed then resume again in a few years when another section feel muscled by our all powerful central government.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by dayokanu(m): 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
And where is the retardeen who calls himself president when places are on fire
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Pataki: 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
dayokanu:

And where is the retardeen who calls himself president when places are on fire

Can you remember his interview with Aisha of CNN when she asked him if violence was ever to break out because of his election?

The fuccccckiiing President has not said anything since morning! What kind of a President is this for goodness sake?

Even Buhari is out there on Al Jazeera asking for calm to be in place.

Nigeria deserves the leader it get. Enough said.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by DIY: 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
Tell the chairman of CPC, Tony Mommoh that , those aboki are killing his people in kano.
let every tribe rise to the occassion, get your weapon what ever you can use.
it is either we stay as one or go our different ways, dont die like a coward.
it is honourable to die fighting than to be slaughter like a chicken.
Do not be caught unaware.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by nellai: 4:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
Buhari is a sore looser, he should learn from John Mcain. Real politicians.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Blazing99: 4:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
Pataki:

Nigeria deserves the leader it get. Enough said.

I agree bro. I agree 100%. Get ready to see their stupid leader trade blames on opposition.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Pennywise(m): 5:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
I dont want to live in a country where Bahari is president. This man is a lunatic possessed by demons. Let him go back to his people for further incitement. He must enjoy d blood letting of southerners. I pity the southerners who threw away their votes at him.

His dream of leading a democratic Nigeria is forever dashed in his life time. Let him go back up north to start a rebel army.Astute, pious and disciplined man indeed. Complete nonsense and a waste of time. His ambition got the better of him. Things could have been diff if he had stepped down for Ribadu.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Reference(m): 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
Hmmm, no one is talking about anti-corruption now. I just wonder how southerners in the north who voted for the general feel about their co-voters who are chasing them about with matchete and gasoline cocktails. The only manifesto most people north of the Niger know is 'we must rule or else, '
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Blazing99: 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2011
Pennywise:

I dont want to live in a country where Bahari is president. This man is a lunatic possessed by demons. Let him go back to his people for further incitement.  He must enjoy d blood letting of southerners. I pity the southerners who threw away their votes at him.

His dream of leading a democratic Nigeria is forever dashed in his life time. Let him go back up north to start a rebel army.Astute, pious and disciplined man indeed. Complete nonsense and a waste of time. His ambition got the better of him. Things could have been diff if he had stepped down for Ribadu.

You absolutely aren't making sense.  
Re: Kano Is On Fire by ochukoccna: 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ post, it is nauseating to say Buhari is directly involved in the violent outburst up north
When Goodluck said MEND was not involved in the Abuja bomb blasts, did that make him a militant?
Prior to the elections, there was violence thus you must ask what were the security agencies doing to curtail an aftermath of violence?
I may not have interacted with Gen Buhari closely but I have had the opportunity to watch Tunde Bakare from close quarters and despite his fiery nature, he is a man of peace
Birds of the same feather ,we are told, flock together
Thus I believe Buhari has no hand in this violence
Don't hang a dog to give it a bad name
When the 2007 elections were rigged, did violence not break out in the South West including Edo?
I CONDEMN THE VIOLENCE IN ITS ENTIRETY but how come the security forces were caught napping?
What is their intelligence gathering capabilities?
Did they not anticipate something lie this happening with all the bombs that had been going off prior to the elections?
The root of this problem is not the recent elections but PDP's internal zoning estrangement which almost set Nigeria ablaze
It greatly polarised the country into pro north [Northern Elders Forum] and pro south [GEJ's camp]
Can you recall Northern youths threatening to deal with their leaders who supported Jonathan to claim PDP's ticket?
Did the security agencies take them serious, I doubt.
Protesting that CPC was rigged out is just a pretext
Blame PDP and their devilish zoning pact
If there was honour among thieves, it would never have gotten to this
GEJ's ambition and the Northern PDP elites intransigence nurtured this seeds
Non the less,STOP THE SENSELESS VIOLENCE
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Reference(m): 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
Kilode?!:

My brother You are being unfair to Buhari. He's been down this road before and did not incite violence, The people of the North have never been down this road in a long time.

See the difference?

We all need to look a bit deeper and cast our eyes beyond these names, Nigeria needs to be restructured. This is a good opportunity to propose that.

I hope we will not go back to bribing these stvpid leaders with billions till when another section feels cheated again cos they lost access to Federal Oyel money.

This is not about Buhari, this is about the Injustice of the Nigerian system.

This is our "Archduke Franz Ferdinand" moment, we can take advantage of it or let it deteriorate into anarchy.

I hope we have leaders with the balls to face the real issues, else we will get calmed then resume again in a few years when another section feel muscled by our all powerful central government.

Yes oh, absolutely right. The people of the north have never gone down this road before. Power has never been out of their hands for this long. Like Charlie Sheen coming out of rehab they just go beserk. Its called 'withdrawal symptoms' or 'political intolerance'. Thats why they say power corrupts and absolute power corrupts like crack cocaine. So the lesson is clear 'be careful how you lust for power' and when you get it, treat it like a virus.

When we on this forum were busy bashing ourselves over manifestoes, little did we know that manifestoes only applied to certain sections of the country that are relatively enlightened and objective not in the places where it has been a guise to entrench and further 'the hegemony. Once again if you belong to the CPC and you live there but cannot speak the language I sincerely hope you have a BB t-shirt or something or else you will understand what the real political struggle is all about.

Kudos to OBJ. He's politically done for now having lost ward, local, zonal and state (most certainly) power, but the political legacy he's left Nigeria is immeasurable. Now most people can see who are the real 'do or be roasted political movements'.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by EzeUche2(m): 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
So only a Northerner should rule Nigeria abi? *thunder fire all of una*
Re: Kano Is On Fire by monkeyleg: 6:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
People calm down.

Like I said , this is not time for name calling after all it is Nigerians that are being affected. Let us excersize caution in our remarks. What is going on is appauling, but it would be unfair to lay the blame squarely @ buharis feet.

I do conceed that he can use and should use his status to calm things down, but more importantly our president needs to react and react fast. one of the criticisms of his government to date is his weakness and inability to firm and protect life and property. i expect the president of the federal republic of Nigeria to make a public address, condeming all violence and issuing a sten warning, he must show he is in charge. It just seems as if the country is out of control.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
FINAL Results

CPC ~ 16 states with 25% required votes and 12,336,721 simple majority votes.
PDP ~ 32 states with 25% required votes and 22,495,187 simple majority votes.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by iluvnaija: 10:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ Auwal87

One funny message flying around Kano. Grin

"They told me Jonathan has won, if you don't like it go and hug transformer. I did hugged the transformer but didn't die. You know why? Light no dey there for the past twelve years." Grin

A reporter confirmed to me that Emir was flown in a helicopter to the Airport, likely will be flown out of the country. The governor is no where to be found, as the government house is surrounded by the hoodlums, the police fire in the air, but they are not running away.One funny message flying around Kano. Grin

"They told me Jonathan has won, if you don't like it go and hug transformer. I did hugged the transformer but didn't die. You know why? Light no dey there for the past twelve years." Grin

A reporter confirmed to me that Emir was flown in a helicopter to the Airport, likely will be flown out of the country. The governor is no where to be found, as the government house is surrounded by the hoodlums, the police fire in the air, but they are not running away.One funny message flying around Kano. Grin

A reporter confirmed to me that Emir was flown in a helicopter to the Airport, likely will be flown out of the country. The governor is no where to be found, as the government house is surrounded by the hoodlums, the police fire in the air, but they are not running away.

YOUR COMMENT MAKE A WHOLE LOT OF SENCE. If a Gian ship fit miss for this wonder country called naija, wetin no fit happen.
I man go vote is = 92 or more or more. Dis na animal sence. (The legendary FELA.)
Re: Kano Is On Fire by mamagee3(f): 1:50am On Apr 19, 2011
This always happens in Northern Nigeria. . .

One hardly sees this happen in any other part of the country. . .
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Obiagu1(m): 1:57am On Apr 19, 2011
I just news of some people that lost their lives in the North.

I hate our politicians for preaching One Nigeria.
Somebody has to take a stand and say enough is enough.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Odunnu: 8:37am On Apr 19, 2011
Now this is alarming!
For those of you who say Buhari isnt a part of ths because you claim he's been down ths road b4 and never incited any break out of violence, do you realise that all thru Buhari's political elections he's never garnered 25% of the votes he got now. Bottom line, he's unpopular. And while the north was compensated with their brother Yar'adua in the 2nd election, his first time was a first shot at the democratic election.
This man Buhari is evil. I saw rite thru him long before now
Re: Kano Is On Fire by kali: 10:51am On Apr 19, 2011
mr. jason, hw did u knw that d election was rigged, i am a corp member and in my ward/polling unit almost everybody voted for PDP, so on what ground do ur claims lie on?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by kali: 11:04am On Apr 19, 2011
ochukoccna:

@ post, it is nauseating to say Buhari is directly involved in the violent outburst up north
When Goodluck said MEND was not involved in the Abuja bomb blasts, did that make him a militant?
Prior to the elections, there was violence thus you must ask what were the security agencies doing to curtail an aftermath of violence?
I may not have interacted with Gen Buhari closely but I have had the opportunity to watch Tunde Bakare from close quarters and despite his fiery nature, he is a man of peace
Birds of the same feather ,we are told, flock together
Thus I believe Buhari has no hand in this violence
Don't hang a dog to give it a bad name
When the 2007 elections were rigged, did violence not break out in the South West including Edo?
I CONDEMN THE VIOLENCE IN ITS ENTIRETY but how come the security forces were caught napping?
What is their intelligence gathering capabilities?
Did they not anticipate something lie this happening with all the bombs that had been going off prior to the elections?
The root of this problem is not the recent elections but PDP's internal zoning estrangement which almost set Nigeria ablaze
It greatly polarised the country into pro north [Northern Elders Forum] and pro south [GEJ's camp]
Can you recall Northern youths threatening to deal with their leaders who supported Jonathan to claim PDP's ticket?
Did the security agencies take them serious, I doubt.
Protesting that CPC was rigged out is just a pretext
Blame PDP and their devilish zoning pact
If there was honour among thieves, it would never have gotten to this
GEJ's ambition and the Northern PDP elites intransigence nurtured this seeds
Non the less,STOP THE SENSELESS VIOLENCE

broda, are u aware that it was anounced in most mosques in kano that all muslims shld vote for buhari, why dont u think thesame imams have told his fellowers to protest against the results. bros buhari is behind this hate or love it.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by sley4life(m): 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2011
Stu.pid rioters. Let them near my door i would blast all of them.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Akosbaba(m): 4:28pm On Apr 19, 2011
This elections serve as a platform for some fools to exhibit their foolishness.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by auwal87(m): 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2011
What I always stood for is pure democracy for all the citizens of Nigeria. I wish to express my satisfaction with the way 2011 elections were conducted, and I hope next election will be far more credible. With reports of protests in some parts of the country, I wishes to call all those who are not satisfied with the results to appeal in the courts for justice. Nonetheless, I have a more suitable system of government for the country, which looks into consideration but the cultural, religious, and other differences that exists in this country.

If you have any idea of how we can empower our democracy and make it suitable to our culture, and religion, please reveal it, share it, and work towards it. We have to work hard towards the development of our country's democracy. We don't have to wait for the US or UK to come and intervene in our democratic setting, we have to define our own democracy, we don't need to copy from another country, we have to make our democracy suitable to all the citizens of this country.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Sagamite(m): 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2011
namfav:

the youth in the north have every right to protest, protests are protected under the constitution, the elections were rigged and jonathan should not be accepted as leader until inec reviews the results and the process

Are you on drugs?

Who told you the right to protest violently is under the constitution?

Who told you the right to kill/maim whilst protesting is under the constitution?

And the elections was not rigged in the North?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Unbiased: 10:36am On Apr 26, 2011
The issue of Almajiri in the Northern Part of this country should be addressed the same way Niger Delta matter was addressed. Until we see these group of people as a threat to our National Unity we will continue to have reoccurrence of these kind of social maladies.These guys are just ready tools of violence in the hands of the Northern elites at the press of a bottom they are unleashed, Some of them do not even know what they were fighting for! We have witnessed the Appearance of Poverty and Illiteracy, President Jonathan should come to the aid of these miscreants and Give them Compulsory Education. just a thought!
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 26, 2011
I have listened to many comments over the protests in the North in the last one week and my conclusion is that many of our so called educated Nigerians are just fairly better in reasoning than the illiterates in the Society.

It is unfortunate that some innocent people (children, corp members, traders etc) lost their lives during the post election protest/violence. It is however appalling that some so called elites just open their mouth and put blame on whosoever they think should get it.

PDP rigged elections across Nigeria including the North of Nigeria in both NASS and presidential elections. A corper in Zamfara told me he was offered 120,000 naira on April 16 by the PDP agent which he collected. He said but his colleague rejected the offer. I quickly put a call through to my sister who is working with INEC in one of the Northern states and she confirmed that not only corpers were bribed but INEC staffs, security personnel, etc. I enquired from her if the PDP was planning to win the state but she replied that the PDP only aims to win 25% in her state which is very doubtful they would win without some "help" Reports from some states in the South west is not also different as reliable source informed me how unused ballot papers were thumb printed for the PDP in Ondo State to ensure Mr Jonathan win overall majority of votes. The fact is that Jonathan and PDP released some billions into each state to make sure the PDP win at first ballot.

When violence started in the North the hoodlums first attacked their leaders (Northern leaders) who have connived with the PDP leadership to ensure Jonathan win 25% of the votes. After that they proceeded to attack those who partake in the PDP loot which included the corpers. It is unfortunate that innocent corp members were attacked and some who were faithful to their call lost their lives and properties when these hoodlums decided to take justice into their hands. In the characteristics of every chaos in the north it soon turned into a religious fight.

Blaming a party is uncalled for here. When IBB annulled elections in 1993 how many of the violent protesters in Lagos were members of the SDP? Would it be right to have blamed MKO Abiola for the violence in Lagos then? or when Abiola died in 1998 and many Hausas were killed in Lagos would it be right to blame the defunct SDP or NADECO for the chaos? When people feel cheated they react.

It is regretful that lives were lost during the protest, but while we condemn these hoodlums, the blood of those who died in the last election is also on the PDP and Mr Jonathan who decided to tamper with the people's will in order to achieve their selfish aim.
Re: Kano Is On Fire by asorocker: 4:19pm On Apr 26, 2011
Very interesting posts indeed. So the corpers that were murdered took bribes. Why thn were churches burnt and pastors of coccin and ECWA killed , may be their pastors took bribe too to pray for GEJ , how about the business men and women who had their business destroyed and looted .

You talked about Abiola's death , abiola death sparked riot and rapes and not killing of innocent people and even in that case was Buhari killed to have necessitated the murder of innocent harmless people.

The truth be told , the killing is unwaranted , ungodly and a provocation.

When a cartoon was drawn about mohammed in norway , how come northern muslims did not reveng by burning and killing norwegians in their embassy in Abuja, instead they went about killing nyamiri and christians in the north.

Congrats hausa/fulanis
Re: Kano Is On Fire by state84: 5:40pm On Apr 26, 2011
belabela:

I have listened to many comments over the protests in the North in the last one week and my conclusion is that many of our so called [b]educated Nigerians are just fairly better in reasoning than the illiterates in the Society.[/b]It is unfortunate that some innocent people (children, corp members, traders etc) lost their lives during the post election protest/violence. It is however appalling that some so called elites just open their mouth and put blame on whosoever they think should get it.

PDP rigged elections across Nigeria including the North of Nigeria in both NASS and presidential elections. A corper in Zamfara told me he was offered 120,000 naira on April 16 by the PDP agent which he collected. He said but his colleague rejected the offer. I quickly put a call through to my sister who is working with INEC in one of the Northern states and she confirmed that not only corpers were bribed but INEC staffs, security personnel, etc. I enquired from her if the PDP was planning to win the state but she replied that the PDP only aims to win 25% in her state which is very doubtful they would win without some "help" Reports from some states in the South west is not also different as reliable source informed me how unused ballot papers were thumb printed for the PDP in Ondo State to ensure Mr Jonathan win overall majority of votes. The fact is that Jonathan and PDP released some billions into each state to make sure the PDP win at first ballot.

When violence started in the North the hoodlums first attacked their leaders (Northern leaders) who have connived with the PDP leadership to ensure Jonathan win 25% of the votes. After that they proceeded to attack those who partake in the PDP loot which included the corpers. It is unfortunate that innocent corp members were attacked and some who were faithful to their call lost their lives and properties when these hoodlums decided to take justice into their hands. In the characteristics of every chaos in the north it soon turned into a religious fight.

Blaming a party is uncalled for here. When IBB annulled elections in 1993 how many of the violent protesters in Lagos were members of the SDP? Would it be right to have blamed MKO Abiola for the violence in Lagos then? or when Abiola died in 1998 and many Hausas were killed in Lagos would it be right to blame the defunct SDP or NADECO for the chaos? When people feel cheated they react.

It is regretful that lives were lost during the protest, but while we condemn these hoodlums, the blood of those who died in the last election is also on the PDP and Mr Jonathan who decided to tamper with the people's will in order to achieve their selfish aim.

You justifying the violence makes your reasoning sound better?
Re: Kano Is On Fire by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2011
Unbiased:

The issue of Almajiri in the Northern Part of this country should be addressed the same way Niger Delta matter was addressed. Until we see these group of people as a threat to our National Unity we will continue to have reoccurrence of these kind of social maladies.These guys are just ready tools of violence in the hands of the Northern elites at the press of a bottom they are unleashed, Some of them do not even know what they were fighting for! We have witnessed the Appearance of Poverty and Illiteracy, President Jonathan should come to the aid of these miscreants and Give them Compulsory Education. just a thought!

You mean they should give Boko haram and Almajiris Amnesty, Give them monthly salary and sponsor them abroad?

Since you advocate that they should be treated the same way MEND was treated
Re: Kano Is On Fire by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2011
@asorocker and state84

I know English is not your first language but concluding that I was justifying the violence just buttress my point that some people make decisions based on instinct. In case you cannot comprehend my write up what I have said is this:

1. Hoodlums and not a particular party was responsible for the killings in the North
2. PDP and Mr Jonathan have their share of the blame.
3. Some corrupt corp members are partly responsible for the attacks on innocent corp members
4. violence is the north often turn into religious ( they have a record of such)
5. PDP rigged the presidential elections

It's your like who read and comment without understanding. please think with your brains not your emotions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2019: Obasanjo, Defections Can’t Stop Buhari - Tinubu / AAC Suspends Sowore Omoyele As National Chairman / Chibuike Amaechi Celebrates His 54th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.