Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Western Nigeria Development And News Thread - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Western Nigeria Development And News Thread (42431 Views)

Eastern Nigeria Development Commission (ENDC)projects / Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures / Map Of South Western Nigeria Showing 61 Locations Of Fulani Settlements In West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by ProudImolite: 8:32am On Jul 22, 2021
jrjfjfj:
The earlier my fellow Yorubas realize that igbos doesnt love you the better for them .All they are after is to mock you after your downfall.Any Yoruba doing anything with igbo or fulani is going to regret it at the end .Igbo and fulani have been friends since BALEWA/AZIKWE Government in 1959.So forget that trash of igbos telling you they hate fulanis,Igbos and fulanis are allies ,YORUBAS DONT BE FOOLED.
How are we allies? People that sent army to kill us, people that said we would never be president, people that sack us from our jobs and replace us with their kinsmen, how are we allies?

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by theenchanter: 9:05am On Jul 22, 2021
BSsniffer:
Infrastructural development is great. But I think south west leaders should focus more on human development. The south west needs an education system that trains youths in skills that are relevant in the 21st century. People build societies.
to be frank, SW has one of the best (if not the best) human development index in the country. Although, I agree that education has no limit and should be rigorously pursued at every sphere.

But if our present leaders do not build infrastructures after acquiring education during their time, how would we rate them? We can all attest to the fact that the late Obafemi Awolowo was well educated and his education was put to use during his days at the helm of affairs in western Nigeria.

We can also agree that our current SW leaders are also investing in education (all forms), but that shouldn't be all, they need to build infrastructures to spur the economy of the region.

And using ur analogy, people do build societies, our current leaders were educated and they're currently building our societies and also laying the foundation for future yorubas through education..... Then the youths of today will be the leaders of tomorrow, they'll also build societies, permissibly, in a bigger and better way.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Arnold1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2021
theenchanter:
to be frank, SW has one of the best (if not the best) human development index in the country. Although, I agree that education has no limit and should be rigorously pursued at every sphere.

But if our present leaders do not build infrastructures after acquiring education during their time, how would we rate them? We can all attest to the fact that the late Obafemi Awolowo was well educated and his education was put to use during his days at the helm of affairs in western Nigeria.

We can also agree that our current SW leaders are also investing in education (all forms), but that shouldn't be all, they need to build infrastructures to spur the economy of the region.

And using ur analogy, people do build societies, our current leaders were educated and they're currently building our societies and also laying the foundation for future yorubas through education..... Then the youths of today will be the leaders of tomorrow, they'll also build societies, permissibly, in a bigger and better way.

God bless you. Well said.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by theenchanter: 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2021
Arnold1:

God bless you. Well said.
thanks bro..... U guys are doing a great job.

God bless gbogbo omo odua n'ile l'oko.

6 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Arnold1(m): 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
kevapet:
Ogun state is a disgrace. A big one at that. Osun state that doesnt even generate half of what Ogun gets monthly can boast of more good roads than Ogun.

Ogun state have the worst road in the whole of SW if not the whole of Nigeria self.

The only good thing about Ogun state is that the state is unarguably better in HDI than every other SW states other than Lagos. I think other SW states should emulate the state on that one. I commend Ogun state indigenes on that. If other Western Nigeria states can improve on their HDI, sky will sure be our starting point as the abroad of Nigeria.

You are right, no doubt, but you know Osun’s good roads/infrastructure came at a huge cost/sacrifice - high state debt - during the tenure of Rauf Aregbesola. The man really tried, kudos to him.

Gbenga Daniel was Ogun governor for 8 years (2003-2011) and virtually nothing was done to improve the
roads despite good federal allocation from high oil price.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Resemblance246: 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
Arnold1:

You are right, no doubt, but you know Osun’s good roads/infrastructure came at a huge cost/sacrifice - high state debt - during the tenure of Rauf Aregbesola. The man really tried, kudos to him.

Gbenga Daniel was Ogun governor for 8 years (2003-2011) and virtually nothing was done to improve the
roads despite good federal allocation from high oil price.

Even Amosun 8years is too centralise nothing to show in other part of Ogun. Ijebu area was regarded as a bush under the government of Amosun so what is good about him?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
Apollo’s Lounge & Bar, The Palms Shopping Mall, Ring Road, Ibadan.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by theTranscriber: 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
ProudImolite:
Yoruba get oil? For where? Hope you are not talking about Ijaw oil
all the oil in ondo is for ilaje
Ijaws only live in the coast

Now leave here

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by MrMaestro: 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
theTranscriber:

Now leave here

Thanks
I am proud everyone chose to ignore him. Let’s continue to operate that way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 5:45pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nisiw365:

Where is new gra ?

The address of the restaurant is 1 Town Planning Way, off MKO Abiola Way, Ibadan.

That area in Ibadan is within the New GRA.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Nisiw365: 5:48pm On Jul 23, 2021
Tonim:

The address of the restaurant is 1 Town Planning Way, off MKO Abiola Way, Ibadan.

That area in Ibadan is within the New GRA.
Ok
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
Latitude Cafe & Lounge, Ventura Mall, Samonda, Ibadan.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Arnold1(m): 7:55am On Jul 24, 2021
theTranscriber:

Now leave here

Thanks

Don’t mind that one jare. See below. Can there be oil spillage in an area without oil?
All the areas are in Ilaje LGA in Yorubaland.

Oil spillage destroys farmlands in Ondo communities

https://punchng.com/oil-spillage-destroys-farmlands-in-ondo-communities/

The residents of the Ilaje Local Government Area of Ondo State have called on the state government to assist them following the destruction of their farmland by oil spillage.

The communities affected include Awoye, Muse, Gbakura, Akintola, Jero, Odopado, Oroto, Aiyetoro, Okeunla, Okupi and Ogundeje Communities.

It was gathered that the spillage was caused by exploration activities of an oil company.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 10:41am On Jul 24, 2021
Hallmark University, Ijebu-Itele, Ogun state

Private School

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 12:24am On Jul 25, 2021
BON Hotel Nest, Bodija, Ibadan.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Laren24(m): 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2021
From all the posts I've seen in this group. We Yorubas really have great potential it's just sad we are entangled in this sinking hole call Nigeria. If we are to be sincere with ourselves we really need to encourage regionalism or the utmost Oduduwa Nation. We can't continue to allow this sinking ship called Nigeria to keep pulling us the Yoruba back.

It's just saddening.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 5:12pm On Jul 25, 2021
maxell:

I will be visiting this Mall next time I’m in Ibadan. Lots of nice stores/shops.

I love me some IB city.

Please visit the Palms Mall as well. It’s not far from Ventura Mall.

3 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 2:14am On Jul 26, 2021
Gruzer Lounge, Jericho GRA, Ibadan.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 2:25am On Jul 26, 2021
Gruzer Lounge, Jericho GRA, Ibadan

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 3:15am On Jul 26, 2021
Golden Tulip Hotel, Jericho GRA, Ibadan.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 3:59am On Jul 26, 2021
Mauve 21 Events Center & Hotel, MKO Abiola Way, Ibadan

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 4:21am On Jul 26, 2021
Like someone said, those who say only Lagos is developed in the SW have been terribly put to shame smiley

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Arnold1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2021
theenchanter:
thanks bro..... U guys are doing a great job.

God bless gbogbo omo odua n'ile l'oko.

Amin o.

2 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Arnold1(m): 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2021
Laren24:
From all the posts I've seen in this group. We Yorubas really have great potential it's just sad we are entangled in this sinking hole call Nigeria. If we are to be sincere with ourselves we really need to encourage regionalism or the utmost Oduduwa Nation. We can't continue to allow this sinking ship called Nigeria to keep pulling us the Yoruba back.

It's just saddening.

That’s how we all feel @Laren24 (are you Lanre grin)

So sad cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by theenchanter: 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2021
Tonim:
Gruzer Lounge, Jericho GRA, Ibadan.
I spent my June 12 2021 here. kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Laren24(m): 10:32pm On Jul 26, 2021
Arnold1:

That’s how we all feel @Laren24 (are you Lanre grin)

So sad cry

The nickname is from my Surname
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 11:37pm On Jul 26, 2021
Waterfield Luxury Hotel, Akobo, Ibadan.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by teamoneline: 12:53am On Jul 27, 2021
SW, The Hong Kong of Africa. Sincerely as an Igbo guy I wish you guys can just get your own country. Very organized people. I wonder what you people are even gaining from this Nigeria. You have all it take to stand alone. I schooled at unibadan tho. Cheers!

9 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by maxell(f): 2:24am On Jul 27, 2021
Nisiw365:

Is foodco owned by a lebanese?

Foodco is not lebanese owned. It is owned by a Nigerian - Mrs Sola Basorun

4 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by maxell(f): 2:30am On Jul 27, 2021
Tonim:

Please visit the Palms Mall as well. It’s not far from Ventura Mall.

Ok. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Nisiw365: 6:58am On Jul 27, 2021
maxell:

Foodco is not lebanese owned. It is owned by a Nigerian - Mrs Sola Basorun
Yes I know it was owned by basorun family , was only replying to the guy mentioning food co in same sentence as Lebanese
Re: Western Nigeria Development And News Thread by Tonim(f): 11:57am On Jul 27, 2021
Victoria Court, New Bodija, Ibadan

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply)

Northern Muslims Blast Tinubu For Calling Allah 'Father' (Video) / Arrest Nnamdi Kanu Now – Yoruba Youth Groups Tell Osinbajo / Zahra & Aisha Buhari At Fatima Dangote's Wedding In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.